Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 14 of 18
Re: Anita's friend?
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 19, 2016 19:03

http://vintagegroupies.livejournal.com/87057.html?thread=557073

That cannot be right. Isnt that our mistery guy? Or is that Haydn?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-19 19:04 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 19, 2016 19:06

Rockman
maybe it's Lon Chaney Jnr ?????

...doing the Werewolf of London? grinning smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 19, 2016 19:12

Redhotcarpet
http://vintagegroupies.livejournal.com/87057.html?thread=557073

That cannot be right. Isnt that our mistery guy? Or is that Haydn?

That's Chris Jagger, no?

Date: October 19, 2016 19:13

It says so yes but is it reallY?

Date: October 19, 2016 19:14

This is bigger than iorr.org. This is huge. We have to solve this.

Date: October 19, 2016 19:19

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 19, 2016 19:30

Redhotcarpet
This is bigger than iorr.org. This is huge. We have to solve this.

Hah. grinning smiley

Huge?

Date: January 29, 2017 18:54

Nothing new.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 29, 2017 21:22

pretty sure that's Bam Margera though.

Date: January 29, 2017 21:45

Why did he hang out with a pregnant Anita backstage? Why closer to Marianne during the concert? Is he a dealer or a potential lover? One of Anitas groupies? Member of some of the bands? Someone Brian knew?

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: January 30, 2017 02:48

The real question- Is "friend" the correct term, and if so, are they still "friends"?

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: January 30, 2017 03:26

HankM
The real question- Is "friend" the correct term, and if so, are they still "friends"?

We know that's not the case -- Anita's been asked, hasn't she? as has Marlon. Marlon's response, iirc, was to the effect it must have been some hanger-on.

Every time I see this thread pop up I think "oooh, maybe the mystery's been solved!"

I can just imagine how staff of Keith, or any of them, would regard a thread like this--evidence of what freaks fans are. grinning smiley

I mean, it totally doesn't "matter" - but it's a missing little piece of a jigsaw puzzle that's on this table that many of us contribute to over the years--and it is helpful to those writing about the Stones and their history.

I know this having seen in one recent book in particular that things more or less causally trotted out and threshed through here in discussion have been appropriated, or leveraged, or drawn upon--however you want to put it. So for the sake of the "greater good"---when people who are not as intimately familiar with or interested in the Stones as we decide to write about the Stones---they have a resource they can't get anywhere else. for those capitalizing on our discussions, I suppose more power to them. I would imagine most may not even realize how their thinking has evolved after reading these (sometimes turgid tedious overly detailed discussions) but it does benefit them. Again, I've seen this in a recent book involving the Stones and several articles...the language, the perspectives...stuff that we hatch here in the course of sharing ideas, insights, opinions, and having open discussion.

So, we might as well strive to get it right. For our own sense of weird "fun" of filling out that puzzle--as well as those who mine iorr for content and perspectives they might not come up with themselves and use that in writing about the Stones.

-swiss

Date: January 30, 2017 03:53

swiss
HankM

We know that's not the case -- Anita's been asked, hasn't she? as has Marlon. Marlon's response, iirc, was to the effect it must have been some hanger-on.

Every time I see this thread pop up I think "oooh, maybe the mystery's been solved!"

I can just imagine how staff of Keith, or any of them, would regard a thread like this--evidence of what freaks fans are. grinning smiley

I mean, it totally doesn't "matter" - but it's a missing little piece of a jigsaw puzzle that's on this table that many of us contribute to over the years--and it is helpful to those writing about the Stones and their history.

I know this having seen in one recent book in particular that things more or less causally trotted out and threshed through here in discussion have been appropriated, or leveraged, or drawn upon--however you want to put it. So for the sake of the "greater good"---when people who are not as intimately familiar with or interested in the Stones as we decide to write about the Stones---they have a resource they can't get anywhere else. for those capitalizing on our discussions, I suppose more power to them. I would imagine most may not even realize how their thinking has evolved after reading these (sometimes turgid tedious overly detailed discussions) but it does benefit them. Again, I've seen this in a recent book involving the Stones and several articles...the language, the perspectives...stuff that we hatch here in the course of sharing ideas, insights, opinions, and having open discussion.

So, we might as well strive to get it right. For our own sense of weird "fun" of filling out that puzzle--as well as those who mine iorr for content and perspectives they might not come up with themselves and use that in writing about the Stones.

-swiss

I believe that 110%, I know you have a good eye (and ears and smarts talent) to recognize that.... then I wrote and deleted bunch of too long stuff that sounded all wrong... so I dumped it that is very interesting.

Date: January 30, 2017 03:58

I think being a fan (maybe too much)(maybe freak) of this band helps keep me young... and least it makes me happy... so it cant be that bad. I still have a "book hangover" from Tony's book... some of the fun parts played out (read out) in my mind exactly like watching a movie. Some parts I could see vividly, and like good movies can do, that stuff bangs around for a while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-30 04:00 by HankM.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: January 30, 2017 07:32

HankM

I believe that 110%, I know you have a good eye (and ears and smarts talent) to recognize that.... then I wrote and deleted bunch of too long stuff that sounded all wrong... so I dumped it that is very interesting.

smiling smiley

Date: January 30, 2017 18:57

Third ear band featured Paul Buckmeister (the strings on Stones only prog rock song, MM). Maybe theres some connection there.

Date: January 31, 2017 00:17

[www.formidablemag.com]

Some friend of Getty?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 18, 2017 06:35

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 18, 2017 10:37

HankM
I think being a fan (maybe too much)(maybe freak) of this band helps keep me young... and least it makes me happy... so it cant be that bad. I still have a "book hangover" from Tony's book... some of the fun parts played out (read out) in my mind exactly like watching a movie. Some parts I could see vividly, and like good movies can do, that stuff bangs around for a while.

Whatever their faults, Tony's book and Barbara Charone's make you feel as if you are truly seeing the environment in which the Stones lived.

Date: February 18, 2017 10:53

Bliss
HankM

Whatever their faults, Tony's book and Barbara Charone's make you feel as if you are truly seeing the environment in which the Stones lived.
smileys with beer
Indeed Bliss. It was fun to read.
Its only rock and roll and I like it!

I think the events in Up and Down would make a entertaining TV series,like the Sopranos. Even if they changed all the names and made about some Entourage fictitious type of rock stars. It has enough hi-jinx, set ups, situations, getting in and out of trouble and car crashes to fill a 100 episodes. It even has plenty of 2-part cliff hanger material- "Tune in next week to see if/how the crazy rock star survives the choppy high seas in his new boat after ignoring advice to not go across the bay!!!!"

I have not read Barbara Charone's book, is it a must read too?

whole thread about it.... [iorr.org] I will peruse that

edit 3
lol... I posted in that thread, got sidetracked abut Kieths family while not even paying attention to what the thread was really all about... but llooking again... I wont have to ask which version of he book to buy smoking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-18 11:26 by HankM.

Date: February 18, 2017 11:25

Even though Charone was clearly besotted with Keith, she was also Anita's confidante and her book is a window into their world at that time. It makes for depressing reading..

Others that gave me that feeling, but to a lesser extent, were June Shelley's book, and Robert Greenfield's 'A Season in Hell', despite the purple prose. Other people recommend Stanley Booth's for this as well, but I found it too narcissistic.

Date: February 18, 2017 11:28

Bliss
Even though Charone was clearly besotted with Keith, she was also Anita's confidante and her book is a window into their world at that time. It makes for depressing reading..

Others that gave me that feeling, but to a lesser extent, were June Shelley's book, and Robert Greenfield's 'A Season in Hell', despite the purple prose. Other people recommend Stanley Booth's for this as well, but I found it too narcissistic.

Thank you Bliss

Date: February 18, 2017 12:33

[youtu.be]

Anita in Cannes (Brian included in clip)

Date: February 18, 2017 13:54

This is off topic but i gotta say: she broke Brians heart and Keiths too - no doubt about it - and i dont blame them. I agree with the implications in You got the Silver. Anita is one hellavu golddigger the sort who digs your heart out after shes secured the cash and stripped you of your medals. First the Love of her life (understandably) left for what became the secure hubby of her life but only after failing to lure the king in between. Goddamn.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 18, 2017 19:03

Maybe he's the Midnight Rambler...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-21 19:50 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: February 18, 2017 20:17

Redhotcarpet
This is off topic but i gotta say: she broke Brians heart and Keiths too - no doubt about it - and i dont blame them. I agree with the implications in You got the Silver. Anita is one hellavu golddigger the sort who digs your heart out after shes secured the cash and stripped you of your medals. First the Love of her life (understandably) left for what became the secure hubby of her life but only after failing to lure the king in between. Goddamn.

I don't agree with this, yes she broke Brian's heart, but only after he had beaten the shit out of her and treated her like a cheap whore. She was hardly a gold digger and could easily have made her money had she not given up modelling and acting, and I don't ever believe she wanted Jagger in a long term sense. Had it not been for the lawyers, she'd still have been with Keith for all we know.

Date: February 18, 2017 22:33

crumbling_mice
Redhotcarpet

I don't agree with this, yes she broke Brian's heart, but only after he had beaten the shit out of her and treated her like a cheap whore. She was hardly a gold digger and could easily have made her money had she not given up modelling and acting, and I don't ever believe she wanted Jagger in a long term sense. Had it not been for the lawyers, she'd still have been with Keith for all we know.

I don't agree with RHC either. If anything, Anita was a fame whore, not a golddigger. And if it is due to the lawyers, we should thank them for having extricated Keith from Anita, because had they not separated, it's unlikely Keith would have survived another 5 years.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 19, 2017 01:18

True Bliss ^^^. But it was a different time. Anita seems to be in a good place now and Keith has Patti to thank for his equilibrium today.

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: February 25, 2017 17:09

@Another_Man Magazine just posted some crowd photos to Instagram from an early David Bowie performance with The Hype during Atomic Sunrise (March 1970), and I think I spotted Anita's mystery friend in one of them. What does everybody think--Is this the guy?

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: February 25, 2017 17:38

Voodookitten76
@Another_Man Magazine just posted some crowd photos to Instagram from an early David Bowie performance with The Hype during Atomic Sunrise (March 1970), and I think I spotted Anita's mystery friend in one of them. What does everybody think--Is this the guy?

Looks very similar.

There is footage of the Atomic Sunrise festival.
Whilst he is not visible in the footage available, there is an email address for the people who own the footage. Someone may want to contact them and ask if anyone knows who the guy is. Maybe he was involved in the concerts in some way, and not just a spectator.

Hopefully one day, the film of the festival which has been in the making for years will finally come out. Not only is there rare footage of Bowie, it's the earliest footage of Genesis and the only footage of them with original guitarist, Anthony Phillips.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 14 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home