Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...96979899100101102103104105106...LastNext
Current Page: 101 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC stuff
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 13, 2020 07:28

All songs now up on YouTube

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 13, 2020 07:45

Listening to some of the songs, I'd go as far as saying this is their best album since Razor's Edge. Wondering if Brian might have had a hand with lyrics this time or will this be another Young/Young songwriting credit?
Thought maybe the band would have been announced as the Superbowl halftime show but instead it's the Weeknd. Oh well, at least he's from Canada!

Date: November 13, 2020 09:25

Listening now. Good album. IMO, when you have a belter like Shot In The Dark, you should open your album with it. The two first songs gave the album a "slow" start for me.

The drum sound takes me back to the 70s, quite an achievement!

And Brian sounds phenomenal.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 13, 2020 10:03

A great album and i really like "Trough the mists of time":
[youtu.be]

They know what the hell the fans want and
they are proud if some stuff has the same sound/vibes of their great old albums.
I love this AC/DC coherent attitude.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-13 10:20 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 13, 2020 10:08

Fantastic new album. Demon Fire just outright ROCKS!

Rod

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 13, 2020 10:45

THE AGE ----- 13 November 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 13, 2020 14:05

DandelionPowderman
Listening now. Good album. IMO, when you have a belter like Shot In The Dark, you should open your album with it. The two first songs gave the album a "slow" start for me.

Agree with You, even if the first two numers aren't bad at all.

I could do without "Through The Midst Of Time"; however, the following song, "Kick You When You're Down"is excellent: add an harmonica to it and you'll have a blues classic!

Date: November 13, 2020 14:49

Wild Slivovitz
DandelionPowderman

Agree with You, even if the first two numers aren't bad at all.

I could do without "Through The Midst Of Time"; however, the following song, "Kick You When You're Down"is excellent: add an harmonica to it and you'll have a blues classic!

Agreed! Kick You When You're Down is great thumbs up

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 13, 2020 17:20

Well... This band is an old friend, by my side for over 40 years, love him with his qualities, failings and imperfections. I have always supported AC/DC in good and bad times.You love the Stones, you know what I mean.

I am happy to find these 5 guys together playing new material.Unexpected. Angus worked a lot with Brendan O'Brien, quality and density of the songs are there. A motivating mentor like Mutt Lange.
I love and respect Angus, who has lived extremely painful and sad times since 2014. He has lost 2 brothers and a sister, Malcolm, needless to say more about him, George, also a pillar,and therefore Margaret, who according to legend found the band name. He is alone now.

Oh Power Up is not Back in Black or Highway to Hell of course. But Power Up is a very good album.

Powerful, inspired,exciting, dynamic. AC/DC saves, once again, and in the most beautiful way, the memory of rock'n roll.Brian is amazing, Phil is the man, well done Stevie and Cliff, Thanks AC/DC. Angus, see you on the road boys.

Malcolm must be proud.

8/10

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-13 17:23 by powerage78.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 13, 2020 21:09

After two listens, seven keepers out of the twelve tracks. Best album since "Stiff Upper Lip".

Brian sounds amazing, he's really singing as if he has something to prove.

The album starts off strong. I like the first five tracks. Nice hook on "Realize". Lots of strong swagger on "Rejection" and "Kick You When You're Down". I wasn't crazy about "Shot In The Dark" at first, but it's grown on me. "Through The Mists Of Time" has a bit of a lighter touch, AC/DC's version of a ballad, I guess. I like it a lot.

Tracks six through ten, "Witch's Spell" through "Systems Down" feel uninspired and more like filler. But you know, even AC/DC's filler is enjoyable if you like AC/DC. I wouldn't add these five tracks to a playlist, though.

Then it ends with two winners that rock out in the signature AC/DC style but still have a little bit more on the songwriting and performance that pushes them up. "Money Shot" and "Code Red" are very good.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 14, 2020 01:40

Great new record by ACDC.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 15, 2020 03:18

POWER UP is a shit ton better than ROCK OR BUST. It's back to what they were on with STIFF UPPER LIP and BLACK ICE.

Pretty solid damn good.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: November 15, 2020 05:36

POWER UP is a very good album with the return of AC/DC. The standout tracks for me are, Shot In the Dark, Through The Mists Of Time, Kick You When You're Down, and Code Red. The latter would fit perfectly on BACK IN BLACK with Johnson's freestyle vocals which seem like a callback to the title track from 1980. Pure rock 'n roll from start to finish. Pure AC/DC. I'm not too crazy about some of the tracks on the second side of the album, but still very catchy riffs nonetheless. A great dedication to the late Malcolm Young, who helped co-write all of the songs on the album as they were all demoed back in 2007-08 for the album BLACK ICE. POWER UP is another true testament from AC/DC that their simple formula still works. A great comeback indeed.

POWER UP - (3.5/5)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 15, 2020 05:53

Dont forget the interview tonight on 60 Minutes .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 15, 2020 14:58

My vote goes to Realize and Through the mist of time. The last six songs are impossible to remember, for me. But thumbs up for the first six. :-)

Date: November 16, 2020 12:40

Great and very moving interview, when Angus talks about Malcolm, tears in his eyes

[vimeo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-16 12:41 by powerage78.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 16, 2020 13:26

Very good album for the bad boys from down under. It's like rock n' roll comfort food.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 17, 2020 03:09

Bjorn
My vote goes to Realize and Through the mist of time. The last six songs are impossible to remember, for me. But thumbs up for the first six. :-)

Yep, I’d go with the first 9 tunes. Through the mist of time is a great track.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 17, 2020 03:12

The 60 MINUTES interview is fantastic. Wow.

There was so much talk about Angus being a ruthless monster when Johnson left and Rose came in... at first I didn't recognize him.

Allison Langdon is GOURGEOUS. WOW!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 17, 2020 07:41

[m.youtube.com]

Us and the Stones...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 17, 2020 19:55

Some unexpected background howling...but a good record for sure.
At a third listen I discover some nice lick in the refrain of
Shot In The Dark. Mists and No Man´s Land are new classics.

Phil Rudd is keeping it simple when others would play drum rolls
all over. Brians voice sounds strong. And Cliff is pumping again...

This lineup is definitely the best we can get today. Unfortunately
a tour has to wait.

Date: November 17, 2020 22:56

Watching the 60 Minutes interview, I almost didn't recognize Angus at first. Not sure if that's a wig he's wearing now, don't think I've seen him with straight hair before.

Date: November 18, 2020 00:27

This guy is good, playing Malcolm´s and Angus´
parts of 50 songs:

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 18, 2020 07:08

DGA35
Watching the 60 Minutes interview, I almost didn't recognize Angus at first. Not sure if that's a wig he's wearing now, don't think I've seen him with straight hair before.

I also thought if you didn't tell me that was Angus, I'd never know it was him in the wild.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 18, 2020 07:24

TooTough
This guy is good, playing Malcolm´s and Angus´
parts of 50 songs:

Great video that I think I've seen before. God, Malcolm and Angus complimented each other so well. Also goes to show you how much Malcolm actually played. Was certainly no slouch on the guitar either. The guy is really good too cause there's a lot of songs I don't like in there and covers all the eras and makes them all sound good. I do think the band kinda died with Malcolm even though he gave his blessing for it to continue. He was the heart and soul of that band, and even though the Axl/DC show I saw was one of the most fun concerts I ever went to (because of the early songs it made them dig out), I do think Black Ice and that tour was their last hurrah. I'm sorry it took Malcolm dying for so many early classics to get played live again. It would have been amazing to see Malcolm and Angus do a video like this and just run through their catalogue.

Date: November 23, 2020 23:42

AC/DC’s ‘Power Up’ Charges In at No. 1 on Billboard 200 Albums Chart.

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 24, 2020 00:25

powerage78

AC/DC’s ‘Power Up’ Charges In at No. 1 on Billboard 200 Albums Chart.

In Germany it's #1 too in the Top-100 Album-Charts - [www.OffizielleCharts.de] .

Date: November 29, 2020 00:19

New interview with Wolf VH regarding Eddie: He never really tried to push me into any direction. I think the only thing he introduced me to was AC/DC, the album "Powerage" was a big bond for us. Down Payment Blues, that was my dad's and my favourite song.

Date: November 30, 2020 00:02

DGA35
New interview with Wolf VH regarding Eddie:
Down Payment Blues, that was my dad's and my favourite song.

Good choice, one of my favourites, too.
Classic Bon lyrics and fantastic riffs.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: December 9, 2020 18:26

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...96979899100101102103104105106...LastNext
Current Page: 101 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1785
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home