Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9596979899100101102103104105...LastNext
Current Page: 100 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC stuff
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 4, 2020 12:55

Runtime of the Tracks:

01. Realize 3:37
02. Rejection 4:06
03. Shot In The Dark 3:05
04. Through The Mists Of Time 3:32
05. Kick You When You're Down 3:10
06. Witch's Spell 3:42
07. Demon Fire 3:30
08. Wild Reputation 2:54
09. No Man's Land 3:39
10. Systems Down 3:12
11. Money Shot 3:05
12. Code Red 3:31

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-13 11:55 by Irix.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 4, 2020 14:40

GasLightStreet
The leaked album... nothing anywhere.

Doesn't matter. It will be out soon anyway.

P2p sites might be of help... (whistling).

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 4, 2020 14:50

dcba
GasLightStreet

P2p sites might be of help... (whistling).

LOL I have not looked at anything like that since Morpheus and Kazaa!

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: November 4, 2020 15:54

It's a solid effort from the guys. It's exactly what I'd hoped for! Nothing more, nothing less. Can't wait to see them next year.

Date: November 4, 2020 16:24

GasLightStreet

Speed of tranfert has improved quite a bit, Grandpa! winking smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 4, 2020 16:43

GasLightStreet

If i can find it by just typing AC/DC PWR/UP leak into Google i'm sure you can winking smiley

There's a HUGE use of backing vocals on this album and in all honesty that's my only real criticism so far. It's a bit 'over' produced for my liking

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: November 4, 2020 18:54

Just listened to it..
A great album much better than Black Ice and Rock or Bust IMO.
A great mix of different tempo songs.
Rudd is just as powerful as Always, and great vocals.. Brian sounds Amazing..
Overall a great mix too.
2020 might take a turn finally...
ACDC is back guys!

Date: November 5, 2020 05:32

andy js
GasLightStreet

If i can find it by just typing AC/DC PWR/UP leak into Google i'm sure you can winking smiley

There's a HUGE use of backing vocals on this album and in all honesty that's my only real criticism so far. It's a bit 'over' produced for my liking

I saw a bunch of stuff but a few things I clicked on were bunk so I gave up. I can wait.

Date: November 5, 2020 05:33

dcba
GasLightStreet

Speed of tranfert has improved quite a bit, Grandpa! winking smiley grinning smiley

HA HA! Well, a number of things happened not long after I was on Napster etc back then. Mainly that the studio where I was at the time I stopped going because I moved so I didn't bother anymore.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: November 5, 2020 12:07

I already listened Power up tons of times, and it's a cannon fire! Oure review!

[www.dirtyrock.info]

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: November 5, 2020 18:19

To me Brendan O'Brien messed this one up the way he damaged "Black Ice" : it's radio-friendly molasses with 3rd-rate riffs.

That's sad : one of the greatest bands ever have failed at making a decent exit.

Let's hope OUR fav band doesn't make the same mistake.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: November 5, 2020 18:22

I am off work next Friday and plan to go to Barnes and Noble and buy it the day it comes out. It has been a while since I;ve been able to walk into a store and buy a CD the day it comes out. Hoping to do the same for Iron Maiden Night of the Dead the week after.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: November 5, 2020 18:30

I'm really interested to hear Powerage78's take on the new album. This will be a view that I will respect.

Date: November 7, 2020 17:05

From an Interview with the German tabloid [www.Bild.de] :

Brian Johnson on AC/DC comeback - "Whisky is the best medicine!"

By: HAUKE HERFFS, 07-Nov-2020 - 03:08am

AC/DC are now reporting back with the record "Power Up" (released on November 13th). The cult rockers around singer Brian Johnson (73) and lead guitarist Angus Young (65) have had to struggle with severe setbacks over the past four years.

Johnson quit the band in April 2016 during the current "Rock Or Bust" tour due to hearing damage. A year and a half later, AC/DC songwriter and guitarist Malcolm Young († 64) passed away after a long period of dementia.

Now singer Brian Johnson is at least back in the studio, can hear again with a new hearing aid. In the BILD interview the singer talks about the new record, his problems and what helped him during the crisis.

BILD: Now a new AC/DC record is released with "Power Up". Would you have thought a few years ago that this would be possible?

Brian Johnson: "Looking back, it didn't seem possible. But: The bond that has developed between us over the course of 40 years does not disappear so easily. When the record company Angus asked if he wanted to make a new album, he asked himself: What would Malcom do? Angus always talks to his brother. He called me and Cliff and Phil and we all said: Yes! I immediately said yes - against all expectations".

How did you deal with the death of Malcolm Young?

Johnson: "It was hard for all of us. We knew somehow that it was going to happen. Malcolm was seriously ill. But it was a terrible shock for me when he died. The new album is a tribute to Malcolm. I'm so glad we recorded it."

Did you have a chance to say goodbye to Malcolm?

Johnson: "There was no communication towards the end. It was a particularly sad time for me. Because of my hearing problems, I was in Australia in 2015 and had to have ear surgery. When I woke up from the general anaesthetic, the nurse came in and said, 'Isn't it weird that you're here and right behind this wall is Malcolm in his room?' I said, 'Great, can I go and see him?' And she said, 'Oh, no, absolutely not!' Any form of shock could have been bad for him. It was terrible to lie in bed, to see that wall, knowing that just behind it was Malcolm - not even 20 metres away from me. It really shook me up."

How did the hearing problems come about?

Johnson: "At one concert on the 'Rock Or Bust' tour in 2015 it rained heavily, I got water in my ears and we boarded a plane for the next concert right after that. My ears were no longer free. So I flew to Australia and had myself examined. The doctor said: 'We have to operate immediately'. All this stuff had got into my ear, crystallized like an acid, and eaten into the healthy parts. The doctor removed it all, but the next day he said: 'You've lost all your hearing in one ear. With the other one it's still a bit of work.'"

And then you quit the band.

Johnson: "Because I was a burden to the band in that condition. For example, I couldn't travel properly anymore. I didn't want that. I only perform with 100 percent.

What helped you in the crisis?

Johnson: "You fall into a deep depression, but whisky is the best medicine! People might laugh about it now, but I didn't want to go to a soul plumber, a psychiatrist and take stupid pills. So I took the oldest medicine I could find. And the whisky helped me. For real! I enjoyed it. And I said to myself: Well, it's not fatal, I'm not going to die. Many people are worse off than you are. That thought helps."

You have a hearing aid now?

Johnson: "I thank God for new technologies. A wonderful man, a scientist, an inventor came to me and said, 'I have a new device and I think it can help you.' And I said: 'Well, you hear this all the time'. We worked on that thing for three years, in the beginning it was as big as a car battery. Now it fits in my pocket - and it works."

As a seasoned rocker, what do you think about hair dyeing and Botox?

Johnson: "I had my hair dyed because I got a big white spot in the back of my neck. A buddy of mine said, 'You look like a f*cking zebra, why don't you cut that shit off?'" -- [www.Bild.de] .

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: November 7, 2020 17:37

Love those guys!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 9, 2020 00:38

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: November 9, 2020 03:52

No offense they're always worthwhile and I've bought several post Bon records and loved THEM. Thunderstruck and etc.
But personally for about a few years I can only handle the Bon stuff. Funny because I didn't really find them in the 70's!!!
But when I went back and got educated...
... that's been it for me with them.
I kinda go to the live Bon stuff a lot when I need the sledgehammer stuff.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 9, 2020 08:12

powerage78

Many Thanks...but i understand only "AC/DC - Power Up" and Daniel Bohm!!!!!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 9, 2020 10:09

I'm assuming Daniel Bohm gave the album a 9 out of 10!

Date: November 9, 2020 11:55

KRiffhard

Here's a translation, done with [www.OnlineOCR.net] and [www.DeepL.com] :

"It is somewhat reassuring to see that chatterbox Dee Snider is not omniscient after all and AC/DC is still the well-functioning secret society of old: Older recordings by Malcolm Young are not to be heard on 'Power Up'. Instead, singer Brian Johnson, bassist Cliff Williams and drummer Phil Rudd - and thus three other characters of enormous importance for AC/DC, whose participation seemed as questionable as any other work of the biggest hard rock band on the planet for very different reasons. That this could possibly be their very last one is not to be believed: A harder, more conclusive AC/DC album, driven by a captivating groove and buxom gang choruses, without disturbing fire, was last released in the early nineties; because even if traces of 'Rock Or Bust' and 'Black Ice' are hard to deny, it is the boundaries between 'The Razors Edge' (1990) and the gnarled 'Ballbreaker' (1994) that tend to blur on 'Power Up'. And that is getting harder. And by no means just in the choruses. 'Realize', whose vibe is comparable to 'Down On The Borderline', is a real hit: Guitar salvos like slaps in the face, the bass pumps tight as well as loud, and underneath all this Phil Rudd puts his God-given drum coolness, with which he kicks the band in front of him. This is how AC/DC goes. Rudd-Swing also has the single 'Shot In The Dark'. If you're looking for something special, you'll find parallels to 'Stiff Upper Lip' in the cackle riff at the beginning, then you wire up with 'Shot Down In Flames' and slow down the tempo and temperament. It's been decades since AC/DC's background vocals sounded fuller and above all more casual, but this is a great quality of 'Power Up'. 'Through The Mists Of Time' feigns one of those Jimmy Barnes numbers that caused discomfort on the last two records, but is then kept on the floor by a certain melancholy. Splendid, with what uplifting effect the simple choirs harmonise with the guitar theme, swell and give the song an incredible power at the finale, when it is actually long gone. Unusually rhythmic is the catchy tune 'Kick You When You're Down' with its ringing riffs, 'Witch's Spell' and 'Wild Reputation' are melted core melts of 'Ballbreaker' and 'The Razors Edge'. In 'Demon Fire' Johnson's deep 'Boogie Man' voice (the parallel to Airbourne's later recorded 'Blood In The Water' has to be explained by Joel O'Keeffe) before the song starts in a manner reminiscent of 'Safe In New York City'. Only with more song, with more desire and much more sound. In the last quarter they really get going again: 'No Man's Land' will go down in history as the pearl of late AC/DC with its latent Southern Blues vibe - again it's Rudd and those dazzling, carefree backing choruses that really do it to you. 'Money Shot'? Classic AC/DC-stuff with a sharpness that hasn't been heard for a long time. Once again someone should claim that all AC/DC records sound the same: such an album was really not to be expected. - Daniel Böhm"

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 9, 2020 15:22

Irix
KRiffhard

Here's a translation, done with [www.OnlineOCR.net] and [www.DeepL.com] :

"It is somewhat reassuring to see that chatterbox Dee Snider is not omniscient after all and AC/DC is still the well-functioning secret society of old: Older recordings by Malcolm Young are not to be heard on 'Power Up'. Instead, singer Brian Johnson, bassist Cliff Williams and drummer Phil Rudd - and thus three other characters of enormous importance for AC/DC, whose participation seemed as questionable as any other work of the biggest hard rock band on the planet for very different reasons. That this could possibly be their very last one is not to be believed: A harder, more conclusive AC/DC album, driven by a captivating groove and buxom gang choruses, without disturbing fire, was last released in the early nineties; because even if traces of 'Rock Or Bust' and 'Black Ice' are hard to deny, it is the boundaries between 'The Razors Edge' (1990) and the gnarled 'Ballbreaker' (1994) that tend to blur on 'Power Up'. And that is getting harder. And by no means just in the choruses. 'Realize', whose vibe is comparable to 'Down On The Borderline', is a real hit: Guitar salvos like slaps in the face, the bass pumps tight as well as loud, and underneath all this Phil Rudd puts his God-given drum coolness, with which he kicks the band in front of him. This is how AC/DC goes. Rudd-Swing also has the single 'Shot In The Dark'. If you're looking for something special, you'll find parallels to 'Stiff Upper Lip' in the cackle riff at the beginning, then you wire up with 'Shot Down In Flames' and slow down the tempo and temperament. It's been decades since AC/DC's background vocals sounded fuller and above all more casual, but this is a great quality of 'Power Up'. 'Through The Mists Of Time' feigns one of those Jimmy Barnes numbers that caused discomfort on the last two records, but is then kept on the floor by a certain melancholy. Splendid, with what uplifting effect the simple choirs harmonise with the guitar theme, swell and give the song an incredible power at the finale, when it is actually long gone. Unusually rhythmic is the catchy tune 'Kick You When You're Down' with its ringing riffs, 'Witch's Spell' and 'Wild Reputation' are melted core melts of 'Ballbreaker' and 'The Razors Edge'. In 'Demon Fire' Johnson's deep 'Boogie Man' voice (the parallel to Airbourne's later recorded 'Blood In The Water' has to be explained by Joel O'Keeffe) before the song starts in a manner reminiscent of 'Safe In New York City'. Only with more song, with more desire and much more sound. In the last quarter they really get going again: 'No Man's Land' will go down in history as the pearl of late AC/DC with its latent Southern Blues vibe - again it's Rudd and those dazzling, carefree backing choruses that really do it to you. 'Money Shot'? Classic AC/DC-stuff with a sharpness that hasn't been heard for a long time. Once again someone should claim that all AC/DC records sound the same: such an album was really not to be expected. - Daniel Böhm"

Many thanks Irix thumbs up

Date: November 10, 2020 09:52

Thanks Irix drinking smileythumbs up

AC/DC Power Up album REVIEW: Malcolm Young tribute record will leave fans thunderstruck

[www.express.co.uk]

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: November 10, 2020 19:05

Just listened to No Man's Land an unbelievable powerhouse performance. IMO their best for years.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 10, 2020 20:12

Can´t wait...meanwhile a great track from one of my least favourite albums:

Date: November 11, 2020 09:40

REALIZE. OUT TOMORROW. @ 12:00 PM NYC / 5:00 PM LONDON / 4:00 AM SYDNEY.

Date: November 11, 2020 17:58

NME review

AC/DC – ‘Power Up’ review: Australian rock icons stick to their guns on rollicking 17th album
After 50 years in the game, the band don't reinvent the wheel – when they basically created it, why would they? – but their timely comeback is a hell of a ride.

[www.nme.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-11 17:58 by powerage78.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 11, 2020 21:44

The audio for Realize was posted on Youtube a few hours ago, another good song from the album! Already over 300000 views.

Date: November 11, 2020 21:50

DGA35

The audio for Realize was posted on Youtube a few hours ago

[www.YouTube.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 12, 2020 09:54

ACDC interview ........ 60 Minutes ---- 15 November 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: November 13, 2020 00:44

Its their best since Stiff Upper Lip which i rate as a top 5 AC/DC album.
Demon Fire was extra good

Too early to say anything else after the first listen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-13 00:47 by rebelhipi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9596979899100101102103104105...LastNext
Current Page: 100 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home