Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC stuff
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 8, 2020 00:36

The Age ---- 8 October 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 8, 2020 00:36

Does Aussie High Voltage have It's a Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock'n'Roll)?

Date: October 8, 2020 00:37

The Australian ----- 8 October 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: October 8, 2020 00:49

DGA35
Does Aussie High Voltage have It's a Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock'n'Roll)?

Nope. The song appeared on their second Aussie album "T.N.T"

Date: October 8, 2020 03:05

JordyLicks96
DGA35

Nope. The song appeared on their second Aussie album "T.N.T"

Ahh. Oh well, we can cheat and say High Voltage is actually High Voltage Rock'n'Roll!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 8, 2020 03:37

JordyLicks96
Shot In The Dark. Classic AC/DC. Love it. Enough said.

It's good. Solid. Great sound. Better than anything on ROCK OR BUST, more akin to STIFF UPPER LIP and BLACK ICE.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: October 8, 2020 05:25

The dominant stereo single rhythm guitar is odd. Normally it's very left and right channel for each guitar even if they play the same thing.

After a couple more listens might actually be both, one in each side.....
Solid tune though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-08 05:38 by Markdog.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 8, 2020 07:58

gotdablouse
Well what can you say...at least these guys don't agonize about coming up with "great stuff" like Mick, they just put out an album rehashing the same stuff and the fans are ecstatic, job done !

With the Stones it's the opposite!
They put out some new stuff? The fans are negative and very critical...especially on this forum!
AC DC fans are something special.

Date: October 8, 2020 08:02

With the Stones it's the opposite!
They put out some new stuff? The fans are negative and very critical...especially on this forum!

Yep ... ya can say that again .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 8, 2020 09:54

Shot in the Dark is pretty damn good thumbs up

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 8, 2020 20:52

It’s just more of the same...and I like it

Date: October 8, 2020 23:39

Just saw something about Fraternity, the band Bon Scott was in pre-AC/DC. Not sure how I've missed this in the past.

It's hilarious.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: October 9, 2020 10:36

Sounds like acdc and it sounds great.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 9, 2020 13:35

PWR/UP with Bottle-opener, exclusive via: Saturn.de , MediaMarkt.de .

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 9, 2020 15:47

Finally gave it a listen. The song is a little slower than I'd expected, I must admit. It is OK. Perhaps I need to spend more time with it, but as of now, it isn't grabbing me the way a lot of their past stuff has - even Play Ball, which I really loved.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 9, 2020 20:45

Lyrics-wise, 'Shot In The Dark' does not mean the thunder of cannons like 'Hells Bells' or any other shot - but a neat sip, as Angus Young reveals: "The title is a little bit cheeky because we all like a little nip [of alcohol] in the night or a few shots in the dark." - [au.RollingStone.com] , [www.En24.News] .

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 9, 2020 21:26

First, and good review, rock german mag ROCKS.

It is somewhat comforting that chatterbox Dee Snider doesn't know everything and that AC / DC are still the well-functioning secret society of yore: Older recordings of Malcolm Young cannot be heard on Power Up. Instead, singer Brian Johnson, bassist Cliff Williams and drummer Phil Rudd - and thus three other characters that are hugely important for AC / DC, whose participation seemed just as questionable for very different reasons as any other work by the greatest hard rock band on the planet. One cannot and does not want to believe that it could possibly be their very last: A harder, more coherent, with captivating groove and buxom gang choirs sly AC / DC album without interference was last released in the nineties; because even if traces of Rock Or Bust and Black Ice are difficult to deny, it is the lines between The Razors Edge (1990) and the gnarled Ballbreaker (1994) that tend to blur on Power Up. And that grips firmly. Not just in the choruses. Realize is about the same, whose vibe is roughly comparable to Down On The Border-line: guitar salvos like slapwipes, the bass pumps tightly as loudly, and under all this Phil Rudd puts his god-given drum coolness with which he presents the band steps forward. This is how AC / DC works. Rudd-Swing also has the single “Shot In The Dark”. If you want to, you will find parallels to Still Upper Up in the Gacker-Riff at the beginning, then with Shot Down In Flames it is wired and slowed down in tempo and temperament. It has been decades since the backing vocals on AC / DC sounded fuller and, above all, more casual, in general this is a great quality of Power Up. Through The Mists Of Time fakes one of those Jimmy Barnes numbers that caused discomfort on the last two records, but is then held down by a certain melancholy. It's fantastic how the simple choirs harmonize with the guitar theme, swell and give the song an unbelievable power at the finale, when it is actually long over. Unusually rhythmic is the catchy tune Kick You When You're Down with its ringing riffs, Witch's Spell and Wild Reputation are core meltdowns from Ballbreaker and The Razors Edge that have become clayey. In Demon Fire, Johnson's deep boogie man voice greets you (Joel O'Keeffe has to explain the parallel to Airboume's later recorded, Blood In The Water) before the number shoots off in a manner reminiscent of Safe In New York City - Nur with more song, with more pleasure and a lot more sound. In the last quarter they really crank it up again: No Man's Land will go down in history as the pearl of late AC / DC with its latent Southern Blues vibe - again it's Rudd and these stunningly laid back choirs who really get it . Money Shot: Classic AC / DC fabric with a sharpness that has not been heard for a long time. Someone should say that all AC / DC records sound the same: Such an album was really not to be expected.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-09 23:47 by powerage78.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 15, 2020 16:38

Only heard it today. So great to have Brian Johnson back. Finally!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 15, 2020 18:09

Father Ted
Shot in the Dark is pretty damn good

On par with D&G? That is decent but unworthy of each band's legacy?

Date: October 19, 2020 05:56

Herald Sun -- 18 October 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 19, 2020 23:46

Make your initials rock!
[you.acdc.com]

OT - The Return of AC/DC
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: October 26, 2020 22:37

Well balance is being restored in the Universe and 2020 is officially CANCELLED

[www.youtube.com]

At least somethings are consistent

Re: OT - The Return of AC/DC
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 26, 2020 22:56

Just the tonic I need

Date: October 26, 2020 23:53

Not bad, a million views in 7 hours!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: October 27, 2020 01:17

Nothing different from them but sounds d@mn good, just good old r&r, which is just what I and a lot of us probably need!

I see Cliff is saying he only committed to a few shows...

Meaning a tour is in the works...

Post- vaccine of course.

So who's gonna play the rest of the shows? Could be an exciting guessing game!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 27, 2020 01:21

Great stuff!

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: October 27, 2020 01:29

I like it baby! That short guy with the hat on can sure noodle!

Date: October 27, 2020 02:34

Nice to have a simple clean video with a kick ass tune to boot.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 27, 2020 06:48

Sad they can't tour. Maybe they have something on the books but I just can't see AC/DC touring they way they want to and truly should until like 2022.

Posted by: exil ()
Date: October 27, 2020 09:21

YAR WHO.G GREAT STUFF

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home