Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8485868788899091929394...LastNext
Current Page: 89 of 117
Re: AD/DC 2020 Summer Tour
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 17, 2020 10:25

I will be in Sydney and November the first two weeks of November...do we have any idea on dates?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-17 10:25 by Topi.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 17, 2020 14:46

Brian lives in Tampa FL in the US, I assume he meant thr new album will be out in Sept to Nov and tour Australia as the album comes out.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: February 17, 2020 15:47

AC/DC and the Stones share a lot of the same world traveled and experienced crew members which is one reason why you never see them on the road at the same time. I'm guessing that if AC/DC tours their homeland in the fall theyll come stateside next year. Hope springs eternal.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 17, 2020 15:49

Well, in 2003 they in fact "shared" the road for a little while - in Germany. The Licks tour shows in Germany, IIRC, had poor ticket sales and AC/DC was booked as the opening act for at least some shows.

Quite a billing in Oberhausen, for example: Cranberries, AC/DC, Stones...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-17 15:50 by Topi.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 17, 2020 17:14

Exciting news, although at their ages, they don't really have the luxury of dawdling around.

I'm very curious to hear what 72-year old Brian sounds like after almost five years away from AC/DC, and after five more years of smoking.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 17, 2020 17:29

Who the @#$%& are AD/DC

OT: Bon Scott 40 years
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 19, 2020 22:48

Feb 19 marks the 40th anniversary of Bon's passing. Can't believe it's been that long. AC/DC wasn't a big band at the time he passed, although Highway To Hell was their biggest seller at the time. I remember first hearing he died when I bought the newest Circus magazine and there was a mention of it. It's ironic that they would achieve huge popularity when Back In Black was released several months after he passed and then all the back catalog because big sellers.
Good thing about AC/DC is they always play about half Bon, half Brian tunes in concert, a good split. Unlike when Hagar joined VH and he didn't want to play many of the DLR era tunes.

Re: OT: Bon Scott 40 years
Date: February 19, 2020 22:55

What an unforgettable character Bon was, and one helluva songwriter...his lyrics were always supremely clever, funny, ribald, and blue-collar.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 20, 2020 05:03

Was wondering if someone would start a thread.

I love this.....................

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 20, 2020 07:17

Is there anything to the rumour Bon wrote 1 or 2 of the songs on Back In Black? I seem to recall he drummed along time some of the songs at some point and wrote some of the lyrics to Back in Black? Some of the lines in the song do seem Bon Like.

Some of the boots from the Highway to hell tour are brilliant. They were a different band for me with him. Can’t say better, but Different.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 20, 2020 08:54

ROCKMAN

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 20, 2020 10:21

Live Wire in Paris - one of the best openers in Rock'n'Roll history imo.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 20, 2020 10:49

schwonek

Yes! From the Let There Be Rock movie. What a double bill that show was, Judas Priest opening! Two young hard rock bands that would shortly release their biggest albums, BIB and British Steel.
I wish AC/DC would play Live Wire again.

Date: February 20, 2020 14:11

DGA35
schwonek

Yes! From the Let There Be Rock movie. What a double bill that show was, Judas Priest opening! Two young hard rock bands that would shortly release their biggest albums, BIB and British Steel.
I wish AC/DC would play Live Wire again.
They did play Live Wire with Axl a few times, but not with Brian.

Re: OT: AC/DC stuff
Posted by: Ket ()
Date: February 20, 2020 15:03

I only really listen to the Bon Scott era of ac/dc. Not to say they have not done some good work later but not close to the power with Bon.

Date: February 20, 2020 15:05

Paddy
Is there anything to the rumour Bon wrote 1 or 2 of the songs on Back In Black? I seem to recall he drummed along time some of the songs at some point and wrote some of the lyrics to Back in Black? Some of the lines in the song do seem Bon Like.

Some of the boots from the Highway to hell tour are brilliant. They were a different band for me with him. Can’t say better, but Different.

not that I've ever heard of that being true

Date: February 20, 2020 15:08

keefriffhard4life
Paddy

It's been a longstanding rumor that some of Bon's unused lyrics were used on Black In Black (the album), but I don't hear it. The lyrics on BiB don't really match up with Bon's writing style.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 20, 2020 15:47

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
Paddy

It's been a longstanding rumor that some of Bon's unused lyrics were used on Black In Black (the album), but I don't hear it. The lyrics on BiB don't really match up with Bon's writing style.

Apparently Bon Scott did start writing lyrics for BIB, or what became BIB, and very likely he recorded on some demos. However, he's not credited on BIB. His death could possibly related to his celebrating having finished the lyrics for the new record because apparently he called some friends to let them know. That is where the "pilfered notebook" comes in: Johnson apparently said he's not a good writer but had a visit from Scott's ghost and voila. Uh huhhh....

There are lyrics on BIB that he certainly could've written. Given the time span between LPs and his death, how could he have not? Another thing, supposedly - there were 4 recordings for BIB with Scott singing but were replaced by Johnson. That's from a bootleg that doesn't circulate.

The Scott estate receives royalties from BIB. Brian Johnson hasn't written lyrics, officially, starting with THE RAZORS EDGE.

Date: February 20, 2020 15:55

GasLightStreet
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
Paddy

Apparently Bon Scott did start writing lyrics for BIB, or what became BIB, and very likely he recorded on some demos. However, he's not credited on BIB. His death could possibly related to his celebrating having finished the lyrics for the new record because apparently he called some friends to let them know. That is where the "pilfered notebook" comes in: Johnson apparently said he's not a good writer but had a visit from Scott's ghost and voila. Uh huhhh....

There are lyrics on BIB that he certainly could've written. Given the time span between LPs and his death, how could he have not? Another thing, supposedly - there were 4 recordings for BIB with Scott singing but were replaced by Johnson. That's from a bootleg that doesn't circulate.

The Scott estate receives royalties from BIB. Brian Johnson hasn't written lyrics, officially, starting with THE RAZORS EDGE.
The lyrics on BiB are marginally more clever than on some of the later Brian-written albums, but there's a lack of the impish sense of humor that Bon had. Brian-era lyrics tended to be more macho and less subtle, but maybe he lifted passages from this apocryphal notebook.

The excuse for Brian not writing lyrics on The Razor's Edge is that he was in the middle of a messy divorce and didn't want songwriting credits because the royalties would have gone to his ex.

That doesn't exactly pass muster...I think the Young brothers just wanted to take over everything, which is a shame, because THEIR lyrics make Brian's look like Bob Dylan at his peak.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-20 15:55 by keefriff99.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 20, 2020 15:57

keefriff99
the Young brothers just wanted to take over everything, which is a shame, because THEIR lyrics make Brian's look like Bob Dylan at his peak.

"I was born with a stiff... stiff upper lip!" POETRY! >grinning smiley<

And where's "Andy js" the #1 AC/DC fan here at IORR! You could pull his leg about his fav band and he would take off in a minute. Entertaining lad! grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-20 16:02 by dcba.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 20, 2020 16:00

I'm pretty sure Bon could have and would have written something like "Giving The Dog A Bone".

Date: February 20, 2020 16:05

Elmo Lewis
I'm pretty sure Bon could have and would have written something like "Giving The Dog A Bone".

Ha ha. Have A Drink On Me. Shook Me All Night.

Date: February 20, 2020 16:06

keefriff99
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
Paddy

The lyrics on BiB are marginally more clever than on some of the later Brian-written albums, but there's a lack of the impish sense of humor that Bon had. Brian-era lyrics tended to be more macho and less subtle, but maybe he lifted passages from this apocryphal notebook.

The excuse for Brian not writing lyrics on The Razor's Edge is that he was in the middle of a messy divorce and didn't want songwriting credits because the royalties would have gone to his ex.

That doesn't exactly pass muster...I think the Young brothers just wanted to take over everything, which is a shame, because THEIR lyrics make Brian's look like Bob Dylan at his peak.

Johnson could've easily've lifted Scott lyrics for BIB.

Date: February 20, 2020 17:08

people are really stretching. if you go look at the lyrics for albums after BiB that credit Johnson as a writer you will find many similarities between those albums and BiB. the lyrics for the album BiB are not at all in the style bon wrote in. my guess is mutt lange uncredited did a lot to help with the lyrics. that's what people seem to forget is that a professional songwriter also produced BiB

Date: February 20, 2020 17:22

keefriffhard4life
people are really stretching. if you go look at the lyrics for albums after BiB that credit Johnson as a writer you will find many similarities between those albums and BiB. the lyrics for the album BiB are not at all in the style bon wrote in. my guess is mutt lange uncredited did a lot to help with the lyrics. that's what people seem to forget is that a professional songwriter also produced BiB
That's basically how I feel, but this is an interesting interview with Bon's biographer that creates room for doubt:

[www.al.com]

Date: February 21, 2020 17:04

keefriffhard4life

The Youngs had a hand in lyric writing. BIB and onward certainly has that more than anything prior. There's nothing to really stretch when Bon Scott's family gets royalties from BIB - that pretty much gives a nod to they used some of his lyrics.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 21, 2020 17:39

Rockman

For some reason, Rock, I find this woman, and the photo in general, incredibly sexy. thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 21, 2020 17:51

VoodooLounge13

For some reason, Rock, I find this woman incredibly sexy.

In my book she's more in the "backstage and aftershow meat" category but ymmv. drinking smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 21, 2020 18:00

dcba
VoodooLounge13

For some reason, Rock, I find this woman incredibly sexy.

In my book she's more in the "backstage and aftershow meat" category but ymmv. drinking smiley

Rockee can post some good ones eh?

Date: February 21, 2020 18:04

Bon had quite a way with the ladies...she's just melting in his presence.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8485868788899091929394...LastNext
Current Page: 89 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1520
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home