Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8283848586878889909192...LastNext
Current Page: 87 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more - now with Axl Rose
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 3, 2019 16:06

Malcolm sad smiley

[youtu.be]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: December 20, 2019 12:57

"Back In Black" was certified 25x Platinum in the US by the RIAA on December 6th. The album was last certified at 22x Platinum (22 Millions units sold) exactly 12 years ago in December 2007. Since February 2016, downloads & streaming are accounted for in the certification process in addition to actual physical sales, with 1,500 song streams equivalent to 1 album sale. "Back In Black" is now the 4th biggest album in US history, behind The Eagles Greatest Hits (at 38x Platinum), Michael Jackson's Thriller (33x), and The Eagles "Hotel California (26x), surpassing The Beatles White Album (at 24x), Led Zeppelin IV and Pink Floyd's The Wall (both at 23x).

Source: RIAA

OT: New AC/DC album
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 20, 2020 03:13

And tour. Album within weeks apparently. With Brian Johnson. See Stones... it can be done. Just announced on Australian TV

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-20 03:14 by bitusa2012.

Re: OT: New AC/DC album
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 20, 2020 03:51

Here's more info:
[www.blabbermouth.net]

Report: AC/DC To Release New Album This Year, Tour Australia In The Fall
January 19, 2020

AC/DC is rumored to be close to announcing a world stadium tour. The trek will apparently include singer Brian Johnson, who was forced to leave the band mid-tour nearly four years ago due to a dangerous level of hearing loss. He was eventually replaced on the road by GUNS N' ROSES vocalist Axl Rose.

On Monday (January 20), Australian radio personality Eddie McGuire discussed the possibility of the legendary hard rockers' comeback on his Triple M Melbourne breakfast show.

Eddie said (hear audio below): "My mail is there will be a new album released by AC/DC February/March this year, but also that AC/DC will be touring Australia October/November 2020. And after a lot of work and a lot of technical research, they have been able to get a hearing aid for Brian Johnson, who will be out front. And even Phil Rudd [drums] might be back in the group either playing percussion or drums with Angus [Young, guitar] so that they've got three of — well, not the originals, but three of the old-timers, if you like, back there. They've had a few changes over the journey, but Angus out front, Brian Johnson lead singing, and maybe Phil Rudd, after his issues that he's had in recent times."

A year and a half year ago, Johnson and Rudd, along with Angus Young and fellow guitarist Stevie Young, were photographed outside Vancouver's Warehouse Studios. Based on the pictures, the assumption was that AC/DC was in the midst of making — or at least planning — another album, with Rudd and Johnson both back in the lineup.

Ever since AC/DC completed the tour cycle for its 2014 album "Rock Or Bust" three and a half years ago — a turbulent trek that weathered the forced retirement and eventual death of co-founder Malcolm Young, plus the departures of Johnson, Rudd and bassist Cliff Williams — fans have wondered whether sole remaining founding member Angus Young would keep the band going or decide it was time for AC/DC to pack it in.

Last February, a photo surfaced on social media suggesting that Williams has also returned to AC/DC and will appear on the rumored comeback album.

A September 2018 report from JAM! magazine cited a "reliable source inside the AC/DC camp" as indicating that the band was recording a new LP which would utilize previously unreleased guitar tracks from Malcolm Young on all the songs.

Rudd was ousted from AC/DC when he was sentenced to eight months of home detention by a New Zealand court in 2015 after pleading guilty to charges of threatening to kill and drug possession.

Rudd, who has appeared on all but three of AC/DC's 18 studio albums, recently toured in support of his 2014 solo debut, "Head Job". It was the release of that album that led indirectly to Rudd's arrest, with the drummer allegedly so angry at a personal assistant over the way the record was promoted that he threatened to have the man and his daughter killed.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 20, 2020 04:46

If Australia is in the fall, then North America/Europe will be spring/summer! Looking forward to a Vancouver announcement!

Date: January 20, 2020 05:26

omg heck yes. enjoy it now. we know this is it for these guys

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 20, 2020 05:51

bitusa2012
And tour. Album within weeks apparently. With Brian Johnson. See Stones... it can be done. Just announced on Australian TV

Thanks bit. Hope you are safe man.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 20, 2020 06:49

DGA35
If Australia is in the fall, then North America/Europe will be spring/summer! Looking forward to a Vancouver announcement!

Yep, I’d love to see this in Rogers, I saw them in 8,500 & 13,000 indoor arenas 3 times and they are killer indoor. Realistically BC place will generate the revenue, AC DC are one of those bands who can still pretty much fill a stadium on name alone.
It would Be great if Phil Rudd is back, he’s the best Ac Dc drummer for me. He gives the thing a bit of groove and bounce that Chris Slade doesn’t. Stevie Young didn’t sound great last time in Vancouver to my ears. Malcom was a tight tight rhythm player, songs like let there be Rock worked so well because of his tight rhythm. Stevie seemed a little sloppy to my ears.

But, sound can be flakey from area to area in a big arena like BC place. I was on the floor last time and the sound was better when I saw them in BC place up in the rafters at the very far end from the stage on the black ice tour.

I’ll take sound over seat anyday.

FYI: Buy your merch off the website, I’ve never seen merch quests like at an AC DC gig.... grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-20 06:50 by Paddy.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: January 20, 2020 08:03

Great news. Nevertheless Malcolm is no longer with us. Hopefully he had a bunch of riffs and songs stashed somewhere so Angus and co. could use them. He really knew how to make songs with catchy riffs. And it's marvelous if Johnson, Rudd and Williams are all back. Rudd's drumming is just perfect for AC/DC. Hopefully this new album will be good. I think their last good album was Ballbreaker (1995) and after that it's more or less average.

Date: January 20, 2020 09:46

Paddy
DGA35

Yep, I’d love to see this in Rogers, I saw them in 8,500 & 13,000 indoor arenas 3 times and they are killer indoor. Realistically BC place will generate the revenue, AC DC are one of those bands who can still pretty much fill a stadium on name alone.
It would Be great if Phil Rudd is back, he’s the best Ac Dc drummer for me. He gives the thing a bit of groove and bounce that Chris Slade doesn’t. Stevie Young didn’t sound great last time in Vancouver to my ears. Malcom was a tight tight rhythm player, songs like let there be Rock worked so well because of his tight rhythm. Stevie seemed a little sloppy to my ears.

But, sound can be flakey from area to area in a big arena like BC place. I was on the floor last time and the sound was better when I saw them in BC place up in the rafters at the very far end from the stage on the black ice tour.

I’ll take sound over seat anyday.

FYI: Buy your merch off the website, I’ve never seen merch quests like at an AC DC gig.... grinning smiley

Hey Paddy, what were the smaller venues you saw them in? I've seen them in Vancouver: 1983 Coliseum, 88 BC Place, 91 3 times at the Coliseum, 96 GM Place, 08 BC Place, 15 BC Place. Very echoey sitting upper bowl in BC Place.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 20, 2020 10:10

bitusa2012

And tour. Album within weeks apparently. With Brian Johnson.

"Back in Black" .... 40 Years .... again .... thumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 20, 2020 14:20

Single Malt
Great news. Nevertheless Malcolm is no longer with us. Hopefully he had a bunch of riffs and songs stashed somewhere so Angus and co. could use them. He really knew how to make songs with catchy riffs. And it's marvelous if Johnson, Rudd and Williams are all back. Rudd's drumming is just perfect for AC/DC. Hopefully this new album will be good. I think their last good album was Ballbreaker (1995) and after that it's more or less average.

thumbs up
I think that "Stiff Upper Lip" it's a good album too.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 20, 2020 15:15

Exciting news. I hope Cliff decides to "un-retire" for one more go-around with the boys.

I find Ballbreaker to be a bit lackluster. Great to have Rudd back, but the guitars are kind of thin and crunchless, and there are some appallingly dumb lyrics on there, even by AC/DC's standards.

I think both Black Ice and Rock Or Bust are surprisingly good. Black Ice has way too much filler, but the good material is GREAT, and Rock Or Bust is a short, punchy set of songs that really cooks.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 20, 2020 17:03

Good news and just for the Back in Black" 40 Years Anniversary!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 21, 2020 04:49

DGA35
Hey Paddy, what were the smaller venues you saw them in? I've seen them in Vancouver: 1983 Coliseum, 88 BC Place, 91 3 times at the Coliseum, 96 GM Place, 08 BC Place, 15 BC Place. Very echoey sitting upper bowl in BC Place.[/quote]

Indoor small only twice, apologies, I Caught them in the old Point Depot venue 8,5000 Dublin 1996 Ballbreaker & The O2 arena in Dublin 13,000 on black Ice.

I was certain I’d seen them in the point depot Dublin in the early 00s but they didn’t play Ireland on the stiff upper lip tour, I seen them in Milton Keynes bowl with Megadeth and Queens of the Stone Age supporting on that tour.

Point Depot Dublin 96, Milton Keynes Bowl England 01, 02 Arena Dublin April 09, Punchestown Ireland June 09, BC Place Aug 09, BC Place Sep 15.

So only indoors 2 times, but I’m certain in my mind I saw them 2 times in the Point....

AC DC hadn’t played Ireland for 13 years, when they’re announced the O2 arena in Dublin, The large outdoor shows they followed up in each city with hadn’t been announced and wouldn’t be for months. Tickets were gone in minutes. I was to emigrate to Canada on May 22 2009, and this show was in April. I paid a whack of cash, E340 to get a ticket for the O2 arena show. I get the ticket in Jan or something and then they announced the Bigger outdoor show in Dublin. I consoled myself with the fact I wouldn’t be there for it anyway, I’d be in Canada and it was April or nothing.

...... Until I got home from the Show in Dublin that April and over the next week I Changed the date I was to emigrate to Canada to June 30th and bought a ticket for the outdoor gig in Dublin June 29th. They were so good and intense up close that night I HAD to see them again. So I changed the whole plan to see the second show in Dublin.

And you know who was playing here when I got to Vancouver that August? grinning smiley
I thought the sound was ok up the rafters in 09. But stadiums are flakey. My first introduction to some concert going norms in Vancouver were learned that night. Soon as the band came on, a lot of people sparked up weed. I thought that it might be acceptable to light a cigarette in this environment. grinning smiley emmm No.

Weed is ok, but cigarettes get dirty looks?? what kind of strange land is this. grinning smiley

Date: January 24, 2020 21:45

Great link

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: January 25, 2020 01:29

Time to change the thread title. I'm guessing Axl won't be involved this time around

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 25, 2020 02:54

I love AC/DC. A new LP is fantastic. A new tour is fantastic. And, as speculated, this will most likely be it.

It's happening: THE END.

Inevitable, of course, that these big acts come to a stop due to dying out or getting too old. Pink Floyd was probably the first. So many to follow, of course.

The Stones are the oldest and keep going... but that will stop soon as well.

The sun is rising on the end. The bands/artists in their 70s will be stopping soon.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: January 25, 2020 06:35

I might be in the minority here but I really liked ROCK OR BUST. Short, sweet and to the point. I saw them for the first time in New Jersey back in 2015 and is by far the loudest concert I've ever been to. LOVED IT!! Can't wait for the new album!!!!!!!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 25, 2020 08:33

This time will be my first and last to see these great musicians.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 25, 2020 16:35

JordyLicks96
I might be in the minority here but I really liked ROCK OR BUST. Short, sweet and to the point. I saw them for the first time in New Jersey back in 2015 and is by far the loudest concert I've ever been to. LOVED IT!! Can't wait for the new album!!!!!!!!! smileys with beer
I thought it was quite good. I had low expectations with Malcolm being absent, but was pleasantly surprised. As you said: short and sweet and rocking.

I think Black Ice had some better moments overall than Rock Or Bust, but was larded up with too much filler. An AC/DC album should never have 15 songs.

Date: January 25, 2020 22:02

Yes, Rock Or Bust is quite a good album.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 26, 2020 05:14

Can you imagine the Stones opening for AC/DC in a stadium tour?

Date: January 26, 2020 05:42

The Sicilian

Wouldn't put it past either organization.

Date: January 26, 2020 07:09

shattered
The Sicilian

Wouldn't put it past either organization.

Actually when was the last time the Stones opened for another band? Their first UK tour in 63?

Date: January 26, 2020 07:11

keefriff99
JordyLicks96
I thought it was quite good. I had low expectations with Malcolm being absent, but was pleasantly surprised. As you said: short and sweet and rocking.

I think Black Ice had some better moments overall than Rock Or Bust, but was larded up with too much filler. An AC/DC album should never have 15 songs.

I didn't mind Black Ice and Rock or Bust. Liked them better than Ballbreaker or Stiff Upper Lip.

Date: January 26, 2020 12:15

I purely remember that AC/DC Stole the show at Toronto 2003.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-26 12:16 by powerage78.

Date: January 26, 2020 14:31

powerage78
I purely remember that AC/DC Stole the show at Toronto 2003.

Hockenheim too, can't remember the date.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 26, 2020 15:05

Would be fantastic to be at the first show of a new tour if it happens Brian will get a great reception when he steps out on stage again.

Nate

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 26, 2020 15:54

DGA35
keefriff99
JordyLicks96

I didn't mind Black Ice and Rock or Bust. Liked them better than Ballbreaker or Stiff Upper Lip.

STIFF UPPER LIP is outstanding, as is BLACK ICE - those to LPs are more akin to BIB/FTATR quality AC/DC than anything else they've done (Brian Johnson era, of course). ROCK OR BUST is a bit more like FLY ON THE WALL - it just sounds like AC/DC without any really good songs on it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8283848586878889909192...LastNext
Current Page: 87 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1943
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home