Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8081828384858687888990...LastNext
Current Page: 85 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more - now with Axl Rose
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 6, 2019 17:47

I think the Young brothers were VERY no-nonsense and cold when it came to band and business affairs.

I read an article about how after Bon died, they became even more insular and controlling than they were before. Brian and Cliff were the big partiers back during the BiB/FTATR era, and they ended up clamping down on excess even back then

Malcolm was always the leader, so I think Angus has just followed in his footsteps. Malcolm, even though he was reserved onstage, seemed much friendlier.

I met Angus and Malcolm in 2000...Malcolm was really warm, looked me in the eye, shook my hand, asked me how they sounded that night. Angus was polite but super quiet, and looked exhausted. Didn't have much of anything to say really.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 6, 2019 19:37

keefriff99
I think the Young brothers were VERY no-nonsense and cold when it came to band and business affairs.

I read an article about how after Bon died, they became even more insular and controlling than they were before. Brian and Cliff were the big partiers back during the BiB/FTATR era, and they ended up clamping down on excess even back then

Malcolm was always the leader, so I think Angus has just followed in his footsteps. Malcolm, even though he was reserved onstage, seemed much friendlier.

I met Angus and Malcolm in 2000...Malcolm was really warm, looked me in the eye, shook my hand, asked me how they sounded that night. Angus was polite but super quiet, and looked exhausted. Didn't have much of anything to say really.

If I was running around the stage the way Angus does for about 2 hours, I'd be exhausted and probably not feeling like talking that much either...
...that being said, entertainers who are extraverts in public are often introverts when they are not "on".

Date: February 6, 2019 19:38

I'm not criticizing him...he stood there and signed and posed for dozens of people. I didn't expect him to be chatty based on what I'd seen in interviews. I was more surprised at how thoroughly pleasant Malcolm was.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 6, 2019 19:47

keefriff99
I'm not criticizing him...he stood there and signed and posed for dozens of people. I didn't expect him to be chatty based on what I'd seen in interviews. I was more surprised at how thoroughly pleasant Malcolm was.

I realize that, just commenting, and I noticed from the many videos I've seen that your experience was similar to others who met the band after a gig. I only wish I was a big fan when Bon was alive, because from what I have seen, he was very fan friendly. (I first saw AC/DC in 1981 and have seen them about 25 times since.)

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 6, 2019 20:44

Paddy
What’s people’s take on Angus? He’s seems like a mercenary type of little @#$%&. But also without a lot of facts it’s hard to know. Is it possible that stuff was all ok’d with Brian present Axl would finish your, they’d say @#$%& all, Brian would go do what he needed to do to recover and once better record an album.
Or did he kick johnson to the kerb say @#$%& him and moved straight to Axl?

I thought what he did to Brian was horrible, and I believe it to be true. Obviously I wasn't there so I can't confirm, but the whole situation just seems so weird that the one story we heard about it seems like it might make sense, cold as it is.

Hopefully it either wasn't like that or wasn't bad enough to ruin a friendship, which seems to thankfully be the case. Angus is Angus, he's a hard guy to read. I do have to say as mad as I was, rightly or wrongly, on that last tour, I did still see them with Axl, because I'm a GNR fan and because the setlist was to die for, and I was BLOWN AWAY by Angus. We all see a lot of rock shows, but the sheer might of this guy was truly extraordinary, for his age or any age. That man did not sit down for a full two and a half hours, took zero breaks, and stalked that stage like he was 20 years old. If I was mad at him, I'd forgotten about it 3 songs in, and if I needed to be convinced of the power of rock and roll, he was the perfect spokesman. I had seen AC/DC before but I really hadn't ever seen anything like that. What Angus did on that stage was absolutely astounding, and again, given how I felt about that situation at the time, I didn't expect that to be my biggest take away.

Malcolm really is missed, and so is Bon. Bon seemed like just the greatest guy ever. I don't know how that affects them all at such a young age to have something that tragic happen. Right as you were truly peaking. And then for Angus to also lose Mal, in such a sad way too, its just terrible. I get how they continued on then when they had to and Angus does the same thing today. And I'm happy he seems to have rectified the situation from last tour, which I didn't mind for a one off, but 40 years down the line it was sad to lose a whole lineup so I'm glad he clearly thought otherwise. They've always led the band in a very secretive deliberate way and I don't anticipate that changing anytime soon.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 6, 2019 22:40

keefriff99
Angus was polite but super quiet, and looked exhausted.

I would mistrust a performer who doesn't come offstage completely exhausted. Why would he save some energy for? Girls and post-show in-and-out? Fan interaction? Nah let's give it all to the audience!!!!
And have you ever seen this amazing pic of Angus taken backstage during the "encore" break? He's breathing deep from an oxygen mask. Great pic great attitude! eye popping smiley smileys with beer

Date: February 7, 2019 01:03

dcba
keefriff99
Angus was polite but super quiet, and looked exhausted.

I would mistrust a performer who doesn't come offstage completely exhausted. Why would he save some energy for? Girls and post-show in-and-out? Fan interaction? Nah let's give it all to the audience!!!!
And have you ever seen this amazing pic of Angus taken backstage during the "encore" break? He's breathing deep from an oxygen mask. Great pic great attitude! eye popping smiley smileys with beer
Again, you're acting like I'm criticizing him. It was just an observation.

His wife, Ellen, was with him the night I met him. Beautiful woman and a lot taller than him (not that that's difficult to achieve).

I look like an ogre next to him in the pic and I'm not extremely tall (about 6'0").

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 7, 2019 04:24

Alan Niven (GnR Manager 86-91) is saying that he thinks Johnson will only be on the record and that Axl DC could tour again.

[m.youtube.com] I’ve always liked that version they did with the stones.

Date: February 7, 2019 16:49

Lol Alan Niven doesn't know a single @#$%& thing, no offense.

Date: February 7, 2019 17:33

AC/DC have had far-fetched rumors swirling around them dating back at least two decades.

I used to be a regular on the old alt.rock-n-roll.acdc newsgroup in the late '90s, and the number of false stories that people would cook up regarding new albums, touring plans, band member shake-ups, etc. was astounding.

Because the AC/DC camp maintains radio silence for years at a clip and doesn't leak anything, it's easy to start rumors to fill the news void, and almost all of them end up being bogus.

Date: February 7, 2019 20:46

RollingFreak

With Niven you have to sift through his BS, he’s been spot on with a lot of stuff over the last few years, some as you said is bullshit. Niven is still tight with Izzy so that’s his source for the current goings on, but even Izzy is getting second and third hand info through managers.

Date: February 8, 2019 05:15

Paddy
RollingFreak

With Niven you have to sift through his BS, he’s been spot on with a lot of stuff over the last few years, some as you said is bullshit. Niven is still tight with Izzy so that’s his source for the current goings on, but even Izzy is getting second and third hand info through managers.

Again, none of this is meant offensively but what has he been right about? I remember an interview around the time of the reunion but he didn't really say anything any average fan couldn't have guessed. If I remember correct, he just tried to glom on when he actually has nothing to do with it. And I don't know if he is still tight with Izzy, but if he is that means nothing cause Izzy isn't part of the GNR-sphere at all right now. He was for a second when they lowballed him, but thats it, so he certainly wouldn't know anything about Axl's AC/DC plans. I just can't imagine at all what information he would have thats actually legit or relevant. None of current GNR speak to him or have anything to do with him.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 8, 2019 11:37

Great BBC documentary about Albert Music. Really good interview with Angus included. Lots of good Bon Scott stuff. Available to view for 9 more days on link below.

The Easybeats to AC/DC: The Story of Aussie Rock

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: February 8, 2019 15:48

Photo of Brian and his wife:

[www.blabbermouth.net]

He looks a little strange...hope he didn't succumb to getting a facelift.

Date: February 8, 2019 19:32

RollingFreak
Paddy
RollingFreak

Again, none of this is meant offensively but what has he been right about? I remember an interview around the time of the reunion but he didn't really say anything any average fan couldn't have guessed. If I remember correct, he just tried to glom on when he actually has nothing to do with it. And I don't know if he is still tight with Izzy, but if he is that means nothing cause Izzy isn't part of the GNR-sphere at all right now. He was for a second when they lowballed him, but thats it, so he certainly wouldn't know anything about Axl's AC/DC plans. I just can't imagine at all what information he would have thats actually legit or relevant. None of current GNR speak to him or have anything to do with him.

I hear ya dude. Things I recall him saying the average fan mightn’t know is Slash calling to Axls house in 2006, I think he mentioned that first, he spoke about Izzy being in until the dough was being split, Izzy tweeted something and then took it down later about money not being equal, he mentioned Izzy was actually at a sound check I think but got pissed over something and left, a fan seen him in the Hotel before the show.

I know he’s full of shit and has some weird ass views and I’m not defending him at all. He’s used his position as ex gnR manager to keep his name alive.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 10, 2019 22:30

keefriff99

[www.blabbermouth.net]

I thought he looked a little strange, too, although I thought he put on weight but maybe it was botox?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: February 11, 2019 09:55

Cliff was there in Vancouver last summer ( Shangri-La Hotel"). smileys with beerspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 11, 2019 22:06

keefriff99

[www.blabbermouth.net]

Just like Mickey Rourke....

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 11, 2019 22:32

powerage78
Cliff was there in Vancouver last summer ( Shangri-La Hotel"). smileys with beerspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

That guy is a trainer at the hotel. I'm wondering if Phil's return was enough to coax Cliff to come back for one last time. I always thought it was a bit odd that his final show (and possibly the band's) would be in Philadelphia and not perhaps Sydney.
Strange that the rest were photographed outside Warehouse Studios but Cliff wasn't.

Date: April 15, 2019 14:08

"Report: AC/DC Planning Tour with Brian Johnson"

[www.metalsucks.net]

Date: June 28, 2019 15:17

Yeeaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

Date: June 28, 2019 15:41

powerage78

I wouldn't put a whole hell of a lot of stock in something like that just yet.

Definitely exciting though.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 28, 2019 17:55

So a new AC/DC-Album then end of 2019 ?

Date: June 28, 2019 18:50

keefriff99
powerage78

I wouldn't put a whole hell of a lot of stock in something like that just yet.

The source for this (rock journo Francis Zégut) is 1000% reliable. That means a whole Euro tour in 2020... preceded by a N.A. tour late this year?

Date: June 29, 2019 16:25

New album this autumn-winter.
And after (as always... with AC/DC), World Tour.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 29, 2019 17:00

Any chance of the classic Line-up with Angus Y., Stevie Y., Brian J., Cliff W., Phil R. on the next Tour?

Date: June 29, 2019 17:24

Irix
Any chance of the classic Line-up with Angus Y., Stevie Y., Brian J., Cliff W., Phil R. on the next Tour?
I think that's the ONLY way it will happen.

I think Phil has put his issues behind him, and Cliff has been persuaded to return once more now that Brian and Phil are back in the fold.

Date: July 9, 2019 10:45

Never forgotten.
Bon Scott, born july 9 1946.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 9, 2019 18:19

powerage78
Never forgotten.
Bon Scott, born july 9 1946.

Let's hear it for the ham hocks!

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-09 19:16 by shattered.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 9, 2019 19:05

keefriff99
Irix
I think that's the ONLY way it will happen.

I think Phil has put his issues behind him, and Cliff has been persuaded to return once more now that Brian and Phil are back in the fold.

Isn´t one of the guys in prison...?

Could it be that the super-grotesque Frankenstein-creature recently touring is already a thing of the past?

Anyway - seems like they moved from one singer with no voice anymore ...to another singer who never has had a voice ...to their former singer who´s voice is known to be gone... And they will probably release an album sounding like a twin of its 45 brothers...

This is gonna be thrilling.smiling bouncing smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8081828384858687888990...LastNext
Current Page: 85 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1249
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home