Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more - now with Axl Rose
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 10:48

Unseen great video.
In 1997, AC/DC’s Brian Johnson and Angus Young sat down in the Stern Show studio

[www.youtube.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 21, 2018 15:29

Awesome stuff! Brian and Angus were always great on Howard.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 30, 2019 02:35

Brian Johnson Confirms He's Back In AC/DC For A New Record

Hells Bells 2019 is shaping up to be a great year!

Reports just in confirm rock singer, Brian Johnson is back in AC/DC.

Reported by Brazilian AC/DC fan website, Brian confirmed the news he is back with AC/DC and on the band's new album saying: "Yes. (I'm) tired of denying it".

Late last year Johnson was photographed with the band at a recording studio in Vancouver, but this is the first confirmation he is reunited with the band and a new record is on the way.

This new record will also include guitar parts and songs written and recorded by the late Malcolm Young before his death.

[www.triplem.com.au]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 30, 2019 03:01

keefriff99

One of the best moments in the whole show:

[www.youtube.com]

As for Brian, glad they smoothed over whatever problems they all had, but still seemed like what Angus did was a dick move. If he can forgive him I guess I can.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-30 03:02 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: January 30, 2019 10:32

Brian, new album confirmation ?

[www.acdcorbust.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: January 30, 2019 15:22

RollingFreak
keefriff99

[www.youtube.com]

As for Brian, glad they smoothed over whatever problems they all had, but still seemed like what Angus did was a dick move. If he can forgive him I guess I can.
Definitely seemed like a dick move, but who knows what the whole story is? Jim Breuer doesn't seem like a guy who would just make up a story out of whole cloth.

Date: January 30, 2019 15:26

Hmm, based on what the band Terrorizer said. That's Pete Sandoval's band (ex-Morbid Angel drummer).

Seems odd to just throw that out there publicly. Did they not stop and think for a minute that Brian might not have wanted his words broadcast around the globe?

I suppose it's partially Brian's fault for blurting it out...he should know that NOTHING is private these days.

Date: January 30, 2019 15:52

keefriff99
RollingFreak
keefriff99

[www.youtube.com]

Definitely seemed like a dick move, but who knows what the whole story is? Jim Breuer doesn't seem like a guy who would just make up a story out of whole cloth.

There's no way Breuer just made that up. He loves Brian and cherishes that relationship. But bands are messed up. KISS hate each other every other day, and then all of a sudden love each other like they haven't dragged each other through the mud. I just consider it band turmoil, but at the time it seemed super harsh what they did to Brian. And not a rumor.

Date: January 30, 2019 15:54

RollingFreak
keefriff99
RollingFreak
keefriff99

[www.youtube.com]

There's no way Breuer just made that up. He loves Brian and cherishes that relationship. But bands are messed up. KISS hate each other every other day, and then all of a sudden love each other like they haven't dragged each other through the mud. I just consider it band turmoil, but at the time it seemed super harsh what they did to Brian. And not a rumor.
Exactly. The way he had to backtrack was pretty transparent. He must have felt really stupid having to try to walk back everything he said, but I'm sure Brian asked him to to keep the peace.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 31, 2019 04:41

Cristiano Radtke
Brian Johnson Confirms He's Back In AC/DC For A New Record

Hells Bells 2019 is shaping up to be a great year!

Reports just in confirm rock singer, Brian Johnson is back in AC/DC.

Reported by Brazilian AC/DC fan website, Brian confirmed the news he is back with AC/DC and on the band's new album saying: "Yes. (I'm) tired of denying it".

Late last year Johnson was photographed with the band at a recording studio in Vancouver, but this is the first confirmation he is reunited with the band and a new record is on the way.

This new record will also include guitar parts and songs written and recorded by the late Malcolm Young before his death.

[www.triplem.com.au]

TY Christiano.
Here's some coverage from Consequence of Sound.

"Brian Johnson tells metal band that he’s back in AC/DC: Report
The singer apparently told the band Terrorizer he's "sick of denying" the rumors"

[consequenceofsound.net]

"Back in August, new photos suggested that singer Brian Johnson and drummer Phil Rudd were both back in AC/DC; now, the veteran LA grindcore band Terrorizer claim that Johnson confirmed the news of his return to them.

On August 7th, a picture of Johnson and Rudd drinking coffee outside the Vancouver, Canada, studio where AC/DC have recorded in the past surfaced. The next day, a photo of Angus Young and Stevie Young taking a smoke break at the very same location popped up, suggesting they were all together recording new music.
In a Facebook post on Monday (January 28th), Terrorizer recapped their European tour, ending with, “We ran into Brian Johnson from ACDC at the airport today after the flight home and we asked him about the rumors of him being on the new ACDC album and he said ‘Yes’ and that he is ‘Sick of denying it’. So that was a cool surprise ending to the tour.”

Terrorizer’s report was confirmed by Katherine Turman, co-author of the book Louder Than Hell: The Definitive Oral History of Metal, who reached out to the grindcore band. “Brian Johnson told them he was back in AC/DC,” she said. “[Terrorizer] guitarist Lee Harrison confirmed that Brian Johnson was returning from LA to his home in Florida and the band asked him ‘if the rumors were true about him being on the new album,’ and Brian said, ‘YES’ … This took place in the long-term parking garage.”

Johnson, of course, was forced to leave AC/DC in 2016 during their “Rock or Bust Tour” when there were fears that he would risk total hearing loss. He was famously replaced by Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose for the rest of the trek. Rudd, meanwhile, had to exit the band due to serious legal issues he was facing in New Zealand.

Stevie Young replaced his uncle, guitarist Malcolm Young, who was suffering from dementia at the time and would pass away in 2017, while bassist Cliff Williams retired from the band after the “Rock or Bust Tour” — at one point leaving Angus Young as the only classic member of the band left. But if all the reports are true, it looks like AC/DC are gearing up for a big announcement in the near future."

Date: January 31, 2019 06:09

Now WITHOUT Axl Rose grinning smiley .

Date: February 4, 2019 22:19

Journalist says AC/DC album is already done

By Rafael Polcaro

In a discussion in his radio program on SiriusXM, journalist Eddie Trunk discussed the possibility of AC/DC releasing a new album and touring with vocalist Brian Johnson. He revealed that the album is already done.

He stated:

“So I have a source that will remain nameless but a very, very, well-placed, reliable source regarding AC/DC who I did run into and ask about AC/DC. This source told me to his knowledge that album is done, that they went to that studio in Canada, made this record and what people speculated on, meaning these were riffs, ideas and more of a tribute to Malcolm Young is true.”

“Meaning that Malcolm had a bunch of stuff recorded that they worked off of and they sort of incorporated the record. So, this is sort of a unity thing to come together, put out some of Malcolm’s music and celebrate AC/DC”

He continued saying:

“This source also told me that they don’t know what they are going to do with this record, when and how it’s going to come out and adds that as far as he was aware and he would know, there are no plans for live shows.”

“Now that could change but there are no plans at this moment to play. However, there was a recording done and they are going to figure out what they are doing with that. So that’s all he told me. He didn’t tell me about Axl or who is on it, he just basically said: “The guys went in, they went in off of some stuff that Malcolm had, it’s a celebration of Malcolm, there is a record done, whether and how that comes out they’re not sure and whether they play or not it’s not sure.”

[rockandrollgarage.com]

Date: February 4, 2019 22:32

I highly doubt they would put the album out without touring in some form.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 4, 2019 22:39

Maybe this could be their farewell tour, coax Cliff to play with them. I'm sure they would only play a couple new songs anyways so he wouldn't have to learn many. I can see a limited stadium tour of major North American cities then Europe/Asia/S America and finish in Australia.

Date: February 4, 2019 22:52

If Brian and Phil committed to one more tour, then I think Cliff would join back up.

Date: February 4, 2019 22:56

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 4, 2019 23:43

Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

Clickbait to try to get us Rockers to watchtongue sticking out smiley

Date: February 5, 2019 00:48

BluzDude
Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

Clickbait to try to get us Rockers to watchtongue sticking out smiley

grinning smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 5, 2019 01:01

If true, hopefully they open the show with AC/DC blasting out some rock!

Based on the nominations in most all the big categories......zzzzzzzzzzzzz.............a true snoozer....

Date: February 5, 2019 01:11

I don't really buy Eddie's theory - here's the ad:

[www.youtube.com]

At the beginning, there are brief flashes of:

- A stage
- Angus
- Ariana Grande

And then it goes into the a rollcall of who's appearing. I think whoever cut the commercial just decided to include footage of AC/DC's 2015 appearance at the Grammys.

It seems odd to put AC/DC in there, of all people, compared to all the contemporary pop acts being featured, but I don't see it as some sign that they're going to perform. Eddie is reaching.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-05 01:12 by keefriff99.

Date: February 5, 2019 02:34

I mean I saw it last night too. At no point did I think it meant they were playing. I assumed it was from last year and the whole thing is highlights from last year. I guess since they weren't last year I just assumed thats their easy video of a "rock" act. Its recognizable, its literally two seconds. I like Eddie most times but that seems like a massive reach. I get that they played the Grammys semi recently but they have literally zero to gain from being there this year. I think this is literally just one of those times where a shot of someone means absolutely nothing.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 5, 2019 03:51

Maybe Mick will make an appearance with Maroon 5....lol...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 5, 2019 03:52

Of course they'll release the record. And tour.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 5, 2019 07:39

If they tour, I hope Phil Rudd and Cliff are back. Malcom was a huge part of their sound, very tight. Stevie is not in the same league for me as a rhythm player. Chris Slade also has a different style to Phil Rudd more plodding or something, Phil Rudd Gives the band a different energy. I only saw the one show on the last tour so maybe it was an off night or sound issue with Stevie. But drums are drums. I’ll buy a ticket in the rafters if they come to Vancouver but otherwise I’ll give it a miss. Between 96 - 2015 I saw them a good few times and it’s the same thing pretty much each time.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 5, 2019 11:48

GasLightStreet
Of course they'll release the record. And tour.

With Chris Slade on drums and Axl on vocals? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 5, 2019 12:01

Change the thread head-line .... "now with Brian and Phil"

Date: February 5, 2019 15:10

Paddy
If they tour, I hope Phil Rudd and Cliff are back. Malcom was a huge part of their sound, very tight. Stevie is not in the same league for me as a rhythm player. Chris Slade also has a different style to Phil Rudd more plodding or something, Phil Rudd Gives the band a different energy. I only saw the one show on the last tour so maybe it was an off night or sound issue with Stevie. But drums are drums. I’ll buy a ticket in the rafters if they come to Vancouver but otherwise I’ll give it a miss. Between 96 - 2015 I saw them a good few times and it’s the same thing pretty much each time.
Chris Slade is a great drummer, but he was pretty awful on the 2015 tour. He just lost whatever touch he had with the band.

During his first stint in '91-'93, he didn't have Phil's groove, but he made up for it by showing off some chops that Phil never do, and playing crazy-fast tempos.

By 2015, all that was gone, and you were left with a pale imitation.

Date: February 5, 2019 15:47

Guy's also like 80 years old too.

Date: February 5, 2019 16:08

LOL, I know he's old (more like 72)...I certainly don't hold it against him, but it just didn't work for me last tour. Playing AC/DC is a tough gig.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 6, 2019 08:49

keefriff99
Paddy
Chris Slade is a great drummer, but he was pretty awful on the 2015 tour. He just lost whatever touch he had with the band.

During his first stint in '91-'93, he didn't have Phil's groove, but he made up for it by showing off some chops that Phil never do, and playing crazy-fast tempos.

By 2015, all that was gone, and you were left with a pale imitation.

I didn’t get to see them until 96 so only have seen the DVD stuff and he was definitely better then. Like you said it’s a tough gig drumming for AC DC. It’s a machines job. The Phil Rudd Smoking Machine. Metronomic Smoking. Long pull on the key change in Let there be Rock.....

What’s people’s take on Angus? He’s seems like a mercenary type of little @#$%&. But also without a lot of facts it’s hard to know. Is it possible that stuff was all ok’d with Brian present Axl would finish your, they’d say @#$%& all, Brian would go do what he needed to do to recover and once better record an album.
Or did he kick johnson to the kerb say @#$%& him and moved straight to Axl?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-06 08:51 by Paddy.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home