Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384...LastNext
Current Page: 79 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more - now with Axl Rose
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 8, 2018 14:54

Even though I'm not a huge fan this is exciting news. I wish them a big success.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 8, 2018 15:09

Wow, I did NOT expect to ever see those two together again. I was totally wrong.

The big question now is who's playing bass?

Date: August 8, 2018 15:19

Now I'm really wondering if Cliff's retirement was genuine, or if it was his way of saying to Angus that he was unhappy playing with Axl and Chris.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 8, 2018 15:20

keefriff99
Wow, I did NOT expect to ever see those two together again. I was totally wrong.

The big question now is who's playing bass?

Bill Wyman spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 8, 2018 15:37

Ha!

Now some are questioning whether the pic is recent, or an old photo from the Rock or Bust sessions. Because AC/DC is such a secretive band, it's not surprising that questions like these arise to fill the void left by official news. Since Brian and Phil haven't changed much in appearance, it's difficult to say.

Phil appears to have teeth in this photo at least.

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: August 8, 2018 15:48

keefriff99
Ha!

Now some are questioning whether the pic is recent, or an old photo from the Rock or Bust sessions. Because AC/DC is such a secretive band, it's not surprising that questions like these arise to fill the void left by official news. Since Brian and Phil haven't changed much in appearance, it's difficult to say.

Phil recorded his stuff separately for RoB album so its either from Black Ice or is now. I know Brians hearing problem has been sorted and the band is in the early prosess of booking shows for next year. Weather that will be with BJ or Axl or Both I guess we will have to wait. They are not known for their timely updates !!

Date: August 8, 2018 16:56

kevos
keefriff99
Ha!

Phil recorded his stuff separately for RoB album so its either from Black Ice or is now. I know Brians hearing problem has been sorted and the band is in the early prosess of booking shows for next year. Weather that will be with BJ or Axl or Both I guess we will have to wait. They are not known for their timely updates !!
Ah, true...Black Ice, I'd definitely have my doubts about this photo being from 10 years ago. Phil looked much healthier back in 2008...I don't think he'd started his drug problems until after (or during) that tour.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 8, 2018 19:10

Is Brian Johnson reuniting with AC/DC to record a new album?

He's been spotted with drummer Phil Rudd in Vancouver...

AC/DC are rumoured to be working on new music with former frontman Brian Johnson and ex-drummer Phil Rudd, after the pair were spotted together in Vancouver.

Johnson was forced to leave the band in 2016 after suffering hearing loss, before being replaced by Axl Rose. Rudd, meanwhile, departed in 2015 after a string of publicised legal problems.

But it seems that the classic line-up could be getting together once more after the pair were spotted in the Canadian city, where the rock icons have recorded all their albums over the last two decades.

A photo posted on Twitter shows Johnson and Rudd relaxing outside the city’s Warehouse Studios – and it’s claimed that the rest of the band are in tow too.

Vancouver website The Straight claims to have been contacted by a local who spoke to Stevie Young – the nephew of guitarist Angus Young.

“The guy tells me that he had a quick chat with a couple of members of AC/DC in downtown Vancouver this morning”, The Straight’s Steve Newton claimed.

“One of the rockers that he talked to was Stevie Young, Angus Young’s nephew, who took over the rhythm-guitar spot in AC/DC from Angus’s brother Malcolm in 2014 when Mal started suffering from the health problems, including dementia, that he would succumb to last November.

“…the other rocker my source talked to was none other than, get this: Phil Rudd! Yes, Phil Rudd, the longtime AC/DC drummer who was himself replaced behind the kit by Chris “Thunderstruck” Slade in 2015 for the band’s Rock or Bust World Tour.”

The only stumbling block in the story so far seems to be the apparent absence of guitarist Angus Young.

NME has contacted AC/DC’s management for comment.

Read more at [www.nme.com]

Date: August 8, 2018 19:27

mtaylor

AC/DC are rumoured to be working on new music with former frontman Brian Johnson and ex-drummer Phil Rudd, after the pair were spotted together in Vancouver.

Johnson was forced to leave the band in 2016 after suffering hearing loss, before being replaced by Axl Rose. Rudd, meanwhile, departed in 2015 after a string of publicised legal problems.

But it seems that the classic line-up could be getting together once more after the pair were spotted in the Canadian city, where the rock icons have recorded all their albums over the last two decades.

A photo posted on Twitter shows Johnson and Rudd relaxing outside the city’s Warehouse Studios – and it’s claimed that the rest of the band are in tow too.

Vancouver website The Straight claims to have been contacted by a local who spoke to Stevie Young – the nephew of guitarist Angus Young.

“The guy tells me that he had a quick chat with a couple of members of AC/DC in downtown Vancouver this morning”, The Straight’s Steve Newton claimed.

“One of the rockers that he talked to was Stevie Young, Angus Young’s nephew, who took over the rhythm-guitar spot in AC/DC from Angus’s brother Malcolm in 2014 when Mal started suffering from the health problems, including dementia, that he would succumb to last November.

“…the other rocker my source talked to was none other than, get this: Phil Rudd! Yes, Phil Rudd, the longtime AC/DC drummer who was himself replaced behind the kit by Chris “Thunderstruck” Slade in 2015 for the band’s Rock or Bust World Tour.”

The only stumbling block in the story so far seems to be the apparent absence of guitarist Angus Young.

I see you haven't bothered to read the last two pages of this thread smiling smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 8, 2018 19:30

DandelionPowderman
mtaylor

I see you haven't bothered to read the last two pages of this thread smiling smiley
I only read last page. Too busy reading several pages. smileys with beer

Date: August 8, 2018 19:48

mtaylor
DandelionPowderman
mtaylor

I only read last page. Too busy reading several pages. smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 8, 2018 19:53

"A great day with Mr Brian Johnson..."

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 8, 2018 20:37

FrogSugar
Sorry, but I was hoping to get an album with Axl...none of the recent Brian releases are any good to my ears (live is a different thing of course)

Maybe hoping for a new G'N'R album with Axl, Slash, and Duff would be a better wish - and if really lucky Izzy will be brought back. While an AXL/DC album might have been semi-interesting in a freak show kind of way (for a few minutes anyways), I've grown to dislike the idea more and more since Axl "joined" them. Nice he was able to fill a void during live shows for the fans who don't care, but anything beyond that seems ridiculous.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 8, 2018 22:03

keefriff99
Ha!

Steve Newton says his now named source took the pic a few days ago. Hopefully more pics get posted!

Date: August 8, 2018 22:29

DGA35
keefriff99
Ha!

Steve Newton says his now named source took the pic a few days ago. Hopefully more pics get posted!
Yeah, it's definitely looking more legit now.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 8, 2018 23:44

The pic is legit and was taken on August 6th.

Cliff is back as well.

@#$%& you Axl/DC, let that horror show be forgotten

Posted by: atip ()
Date: August 9, 2018 00:08

RollingFreak
DandelionPowderman
Ket
I had thought Brian Johnson was still in the band to record, he just was not able to perform live. Am I mistaken?

+ he has performed on stage after he quit the band as well..

...Angus Young does not AC/DC make...

I disagree. Angus Young DOES AC/DC make. He is the only member of the band who is a must. Yes, Malcolm is missed and Axl is a poor replacement for Brian, but Angus is the driving force. It's not like The Stones where each of the four are key. And vocals should have an Aussie/Brit accent, not to mention, Axl pretty much just screams.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 9, 2018 06:43

atip
RollingFreak
DandelionPowderman
Ket
I had thought Brian Johnson was still in the band to record, he just was not able to perform live. Am I mistaken?

I disagree. Angus Young DOES AC/DC make. He is the only member of the band who is a must. Yes, Malcolm is missed and Axl is a poor replacement for Brian, but Angus is the driving force. It's not like The Stones where each of the four are key. And vocals should have an Aussie/Brit accent, not to mention, Axl pretty much just screams.

Thats absolutely laughable. Especially when you wanna say they're not like the Stones. If you wanna get into that argument, the Stones are Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. Thats it. No one would give a flying @#$%& if Charlie or Ronnie weren't there. We would, the world in general would not as long as Mick and Keith are there and you know that. But, as we all know, Mick and Keith are NOT the Rolling Stones. They are a band, and it is more than one or two guys. It always has been. AC/DC is no different. Angus is fantastic, but if Angus were AC/DC he'd have dumped those shlubs years ago and taken all the money. He doesn't, because he's not as much without his other guys singing and writing the songs. And thats not taking anything away from him. To the idiotic general public, AC/DC is one guy, the same way the Stones are two guys to that same moronic public. But they know and we know its more than just that.

What I'm confused by is what the end game is here. Are they just recording a new album and not touring it? Are they recording and touring? Is Brian gonna record but Axl tours? Seems there's still a lot of questions, but for now I'm just happy the real band as much as possible is back together.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 9, 2018 11:10

DandelionPowderman

Maybe both Axl and Brian will be on the album? Axl was also observed outside the Warehouse according to the first reports, wasn't he?

is it a passing of the torch to wane the feeling of "Axl is an imposter, he took Brian's place" in the heart of some fans?

Or as Angus thinks/knows this will be the last AC/DC studio album he wants to write the last chapter gloriously with a "dream team" line-up (hence the return of Rudd).

Imagine Brian and Axl duetting on some (all?) tracks? Yum!

Date: August 9, 2018 11:12

dcba
DandelionPowderman

Maybe both Axl and Brian will be on the album? Axl was also observed outside the Warehouse according to the first reports, wasn't he?

is it a passing of the torch to wane the feeling of "Axl is an imposter, he took Brian's place" in the heart of some fans?

Or as Angus thinks/knows this will be the last AC/DC studio album he wants to write the last chapter gloriously with a "dream team" line-up (hence the return of Rudd).

Imagine Brian and Axl duetting on some (all?) tracks? Yum!

Lots of the article that are using this as their only source claim that Cliff is in. However, no one has confirmed that as yet, right?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 9, 2018 11:21

andy js

@#$%& you Axl/DC, let that horror show be forgotten

Not so fast young man. Methinks there'll be two AC/DC's from now : the entity that records the next (last?) album which comprises Phil and Brian [and Cliff?], and the one that'll tour behind it that'll comprise Slade and Axl.

Angus probably considers Phil and Brian as too unreliable to be part of a whole tour. And a world tour ($$$$$) is the most important thing of all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-09 14:36 by dcba.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: August 9, 2018 11:47

RollingFreak
atip
RollingFreak
DandelionPowderman
Ket

Thats absolutely laughable. Especially when you wanna say they're not like the Stones. If you wanna get into that argument, the Stones are Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. Thats it. No one would give a flying @#$%& if Charlie or Ronnie weren't there. We would, the world in general would not as long as Mick and Keith are there and you know that. But, as we all know, Mick and Keith are NOT the Rolling Stones. They are a band, and it is more than one or two guys. It always has been. AC/DC is no different. Angus is fantastic, but if Angus were AC/DC he'd have dumped those shlubs years ago and taken all the money. He doesn't, because he's not as much without his other guys singing and writing the songs. And thats not taking anything away from him. To the idiotic general public, AC/DC is one guy, the same way the Stones are two guys to that same moronic public. But they know and we know its more than just that.

What I'm confused by is what the end game is here. Are they just recording a new album and not touring it? Are they recording and touring? Is Brian gonna record but Axl tours? Seems there's still a lot of questions, but for now I'm just happy the real band as much as possible is back together.

You contradict yourself and you don’t seem to be much of of a Stones’ fan. I would give a major flying f&@# if Charlie or Ronnie were gone. You make very little sense.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 9, 2018 11:47

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: August 9, 2018 11:49

powerage78

Any news on Cliff?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 9, 2018 13:13

Not yet.
But he can't say no spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
For Malcolm.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 9, 2018 14:50

If they indeed have two lineups (one for recording and one for touring) then I can't imagine why Cliff wouldn't be there. Although doesn't that seem extremely weird to everyone that they'd have two completely different lineups to tour? I believe Axl would really want to stay, but why would he want to tour albums he doesn't record with them? That just seems so silly to me. Not because Axl even wants to record with them (as a fan he wants Brian) but touring an album Axl didn't record seems pretty limiting live. Its like, why even record a new album at that point?

Date: August 9, 2018 14:53

RollingFreak
If they indeed have two lineups (one for recording and one for touring) then I can't imagine why Cliff wouldn't be there. Although doesn't that seem extremely weird to everyone that they'd have two completely different lineups to tour? I believe Axl would really want to stay, but why would he want to tour albums he doesn't record with them? That just seems so silly to me. Not because Axl even wants to record with them (as a fan he wants Brian) but touring an album Axl didn't record seems pretty limiting live. Its like, why even record a new album at that point?

Wasn't Axl also observed round the Warehouse, according to the very first report?

Date: August 9, 2018 15:19

DandelionPowderman
RollingFreak

Wasn't Axl also observed round the Warehouse, according to the very first report?
Yeah, supposedly.

Recording an album with 4/5 of the BiB lineup, and then touring with a completely different lineup makes very little sense from a fan/logic perspective.

However, the money they'll make from the tour irrespective of who's onstage makes a whole lotta sense (cents?) to Angus.

Date: August 9, 2018 15:22

keefriff99
DandelionPowderman
RollingFreak

Yeah, supposedly.

Recording an album with 4/5 of the BiB lineup, and then touring with a completely different lineup makes very little sense from a fan/logic perspective.

However, the money they'll make from the tour irrespective of who's onstage makes a whole lotta sense (cents?) to Angus.

There is another possibility, though: Touring with both. Highly unlikely, I know, but...

Date: August 9, 2018 15:57

That would be pretty wild. I don't think they'd do that either.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384...LastNext
Current Page: 79 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home