Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more - now with Axl Rose
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 23, 2018 21:26

RollingFreak
keefriff99
dcba
Report: Angus Young and Axl Rose are Writing New AC/DC Music Together

[www.metalsucks.net]
I'll give it a chance. I'd rather Axl worked with his own band, but it looks like that massive world tour was just a retirement plan for the members.

Its sad but they gave us mostly what we wanted. There's so much I would have changed but for what we got I can't blame them. I'm just happy they appear to be moving on. This reunion with no new music or new old classics being played live lost its luster. This report is basically coming because Slash announced yesterday he's continuing with his solo band. New album end of this year, so presumably the assumption is no new music from Guns but Slash is doing that and maybe Axl is working with AC/DC. Ridiculous that they wouldn't make music with each other instead, but hey, its not like anyone at shows would want new stuff anyway. I get it. I love Slash's solo band so I'm totally fine with that. They play a kick ass show and its nice and cheap.

Honestly, if I could choose to see Guns or Slash with Myles Kennedy again, I would take the later any day. Sure, Guns is the real thing, but Myles sings waaay better than Axl on this last Guns' tour and as you wrote - smaller venues for much less money. If Slash comes to my country again, I am surely in. As for Axl - he sung much better with AC/DC than with Guns, at least on those two shows I saw, so if he is up to doing something with Angus again and if he puts himself into it the way he did two years ago, I will not hesitate to go and see them again.
In the last three years I saw Axl/DC, Guns and Slash solo with Myles Kennedy. The Guns show was by far the least good or how to say it. Surely not terrible, but also nothing memorable. Axl sung in falsetto most of the time and the sound generally was horrible - I mean the whole sound in the venue.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 23, 2018 21:31

Axl might give AC/DC (or Axl/DC) some new life, and maybe he'll let it rip just as he did on the first Guns N' Roses album. Not a fan of most of the latter day AC/DC nor a fan of anything after Appetite for Destruction for the most part, so maybe this will form some sort of an oddball chemistry that actually works well for all involved - including the fans.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: March 23, 2018 21:31

As an AC/DC dihard since the age of 8, i am not joking when i say i'd rather hear the coming of the apocalypse than that Axl/DC dogshit every again

@#$%& horrendous it was

Try and imagine Keith and Darryl going out as the Stones with Rod on vocals and two other hired hands and you'll understand how it made me feel

Get some dignity Angus

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 23, 2018 22:14

Worst of AC/DC and GNR smashed into one money grubbing experience. No!!!!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 23, 2018 22:18

I'm torn because of this. I really like Brian and don't think Axl is a good fit, however I do admire the drastic set list changes after his arrival.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 23, 2018 23:02

RollingFreak
keefriff99
dcba
Report: Angus Young and Axl Rose are Writing New AC/DC Music Together

[www.metalsucks.net]
I'll give it a chance. I'd rather Axl worked with his own band, but it looks like that massive world tour was just a retirement plan for the members.

Its sad but they gave us mostly what we wanted. There's so much I would have changed but for what we got I can't blame them. I'm just happy they appear to be moving on. This reunion with no new music or new old classics being played live lost its luster. This report is basically coming because Slash announced yesterday he's continuing with his solo band. New album end of this year, so presumably the assumption is no new music from Guns but Slash is doing that and maybe Axl is working with AC/DC. Ridiculous that they wouldn't make music with each other instead, but hey, its not like anyone at shows would want new stuff anyway. I get it. I love Slash's solo band so I'm totally fine with that. They play a kick ass show and its nice and cheap.
I thought the reunion show was pretty amazing...it was kinda bloated with covers, but other than that, they sounded great and gave the audience their money's worth, so I can't complain.

I had the same thought as you did when I saw Slash was putting out another album with Myles Kennedy. I'd like to catch them at some point.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: March 24, 2018 14:36

I have mixed feelings about AC/DC going forward without the remaining long time members, but i'd be happy to get to see Angus Young live again regardless of who is in his band.

The Guns N' Roses Not in this Lifetime tour in my opinion has been just about as good as fans could have hoped for (line up issues put aside), with the band playing really well and in some cases performing 3+ hour sets. I really enjoyed the show I saw in Sydney last year, and would not hesitate to see them again given the chance.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 24, 2018 15:21

ChrisMahavishnu
I have mixed feelings about AC/DC going forward without the remaining long time members, but i'd be happy to get to see Angus Young live again regardless of who is in his band.

The Guns N' Roses Not in this Lifetime tour in my opinion has been just about as good as fans could have hoped for (line up issues put aside), with the band playing really well and in some cases performing 3+ hour sets. I really enjoyed the show I saw in Sydney last year, and would not hesitate to see them again given the chance.

Angus is such a great guitar player. I would luv to see him perform without the schoolboy get up. Just come out & play. He's earned the right to perform without all of the antics. Sure they are fun but at this point they detract from Angus the musician a bit. If he want to call the band ac/dc, that's fine. I've heard a few tapes with Axl & was impressed. Personality issues aside, Axl is still a fine singer & I really liked some of the song choices. I will go if I get the chance.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: March 30, 2018 19:19

From Classic Rock Magazine, or now known as Louder: AC/DC albums ranked

[www.loudersound.com]

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 30, 2018 22:52

i do very much adore AC/DC; I listen quite a bit; there's some stuff I like on almost any album. The more they sounded exactly alike, the happier I was. Reliable.
But truly I do stay very safely with 77 and 78 live versions mostly these
last years.
Hats off to Angus; God bless Malcolm's incredible gift of power, never to be
quite equalled.
Some wonderful stuff like 'you shook me' fer sure, but for me, it's
pretty much Bon's ferocious magic, every bit the equal hungry
tiger of Angus and Malcom put together. LOVe YOU bon.
whole lotta rosie live 77 or 78. seals the deal.
axl at his best that first guns record...
hope they are well; have success and ten millions ecstatic....
don 't mean to be the old spoil sport, but what happened with Bon
and the original band in the 70's is still so good it's fkn scary.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 30, 2018 23:43

That Bon era is truly untouchable, almost underrated in its consistency. Brian is great, and Back In Black is outstanding front to back, but for better or worse (and I like a lot of the Brian stuff) that sole album is his legacy. A few more hints of brilliants with Thunderstruck and For Those About To Rock, but BIB is the accomplishment. With Bon, the whole era is wonderful. As you say, they peaked live then and that version of Whole Lotta Rosie on the If You Want Blood live album is one of the greatest performances ever IMO. I've heard that version almost more times than anything on my iPod.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: March 31, 2018 16:52

AC\DC is dead, now we have AXL/DSHIT

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 31, 2018 20:34

RollingFreak
that version of Whole Lotta Rosie on the If You Want Blood live album is one of the greatest performances ever IMO.

Really? To me they peaked musically around 1981. The US tour from that year has some amazing moments...

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 4, 2018 16:30

I wouldn't mind if Angus and Axl were doing an album together, as long as the project isn't called ACDC

David Coverdale once united with Jimmy Page in the 90ies for an album. It wasn't bad.

Date: April 4, 2018 16:36

dcba
RollingFreak
that version of Whole Lotta Rosie on the If You Want Blood live album is one of the greatest performances ever IMO.

Really? To me they peaked musically around 1981. The US tour from that year has some amazing moments...

I love Brian, but I think once they got him, live it was never quite the same. They were already older and they were playing such huge places. They were still a dynamite live act (as they are to this day) and they added great songs to the catalogue with Back In Black that older shows feel like they are missing. But overall, I think post Bon shows had the familiar "stage show" that we know today. Bon stuff was literally just a band and an audience and the shows would go nuts sometimes. I mean that video of them playing a school and Angus going up into the balcony is also legendary. There was something about that era with Bon (maybe because or just coincidentally with him) that I think is untouchable. They've still been outstanding since but not quite the same to me.

Doc, that album isn't bad. The song Pride And Joy I still believe is as good a song as you can get from either them. Excellent joke. I agree the album shouldn't be called AC/DC but it will be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-04 16:37 by RollingFreak.

Date: April 7, 2018 00:30

From Dean Delray's Tribute To Bon Scott and Powerage. Bill Burr is on drums with, Nikki Sixx and Scott Ian.

[www.youtube.com]

Marc Maron on guitar in this video.
[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 7, 2018 00:36

Night Prowler from same show.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 7, 2018 13:05

Good grief. AC/DC needs to call it a day. They've released the same album about ten times now and aside from Axl's involvement every tour has been the same for at least 25 years.

Date: April 7, 2018 18:16

JohnnyBGoode
From Dean Delray's Tribute To Bon Scott and Powerage. Bill Burr is on drums with, Nikki Sixx and Scott Ian.

[www.youtube.com]

Marc Maron on guitar in this video.
[www.youtube.com]
Nice! Bill is pretty decent on drums...I listen to his podcast clips online and he talks about his drumming quite a bit.

Re: OT: AC/DC future in question
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 25, 2018 16:12

Masterpiece, released on 25 July 1980.
It has sold an estimated 50 million copies worldwide, its sales figures have made it the second best-selling albums in music history after thriller.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-25 16:28 by powerage78.

Date: July 25, 2018 17:39

A PERFECT hard rock album. I can still remember the first time I listened to it...Hells Bells left my damn jaw on the floor.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 2, 2018 21:43

AC/DC sighting in Vancouver gets longtime fan (me) drooling over prospect of Aussie earbusters' new LP

by Steve Newton on August 1st, 2018 at 4:24 PM

Just scored an interesting news tip from one of my rock 'n' roll sources on the street.

The guy tells me that he had a quick chat with a couple of members of AC/DC in downtown Vancouver this morning. One of the rockers that he talked to was Stevie Young, Angus Young's nephew, who took over the rhythm-guitar spot in AC/DC from Angus's brother Malcolm in 2014 when Mal started suffering from the health problems, including dementia, that he would succumb to last November.

I'd like to announce that the other rocker my source chatted with briefly today was Axl Rose, the Guns N' Roses frontman who took over the lead-vocals position from Brian Johnson on AC/DC's last tour when Johnson started suffering hearing problems.

I can't announce that, though, because the other rocker my source talked to was none other than, get this: Phil Rudd! Yes, Phil Rudd, the longtime AC/DC drummer who was himself replaced behind the kit by Chris "Thunderstruck" Slade in 2015 for the band's Rock or Bust World Tour. (In 2014 Rudd had been charged with various crimes, including "attempting to procure a murder", although that charge was quickly dropped.)

Maybe it's just a coincidence that Rudd and the younger Young were spotted today in the city where AC/DC recorded its last three albums. Maybe they just travelled over from Australia for a little vacay or something.

But it's also possible that they were laying down tracks for the next AC/DC album at the same location (Gastown's Warehouse Studio) with the same engineer-mixer (Langley's Mike Fraser) as the last three times.

All I know for sure is: I hope the new album is as good as Back in Black.

And I'd like a free vinyl copy, please.

[www.straight.com]

Date: August 2, 2018 21:50

Sounds like a load of dung to me.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: August 2, 2018 22:03

Phil Rudd?! Hellz yeah. If he's back on board along with Axl I'm happy, it will be a fun new run for AC/DC fans who also like GnR (such as meself)

Date: August 2, 2018 22:32

FrogSugar
Phil Rudd?! Hellz yeah. If he's back on board along with Axl I'm happy, it will be a fun new run for AC/DC fans who also like GnR (such as meself)
I'd love to see Phil back if he's straightened himself out, but I'm skeptical of blind reports like this.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 3, 2018 08:19

I was just going to mention the Georgia Straight article! Steve Newton, in my opinion, is a well respected music journalist. He's been reporting on the Vancouver music scene since the 1980's. On his bio page on the Straight website there's a pic of him with Keith from when Keith played the Orpheum Theatre in town back in 93 (one of the best concerts I've seen).
I'm sure he wouldn't be printing any rumours if they weren't true. If AC/DC was recording a new album, I'm sure it would be in Vancouver where they've recorded a lot starting with Razor's Edge.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: August 3, 2018 11:44

I had thought Brian Johnson was still in the band to record, he just was not able to perform live. Am I mistaken?

Date: August 3, 2018 12:13

Ket
I had thought Brian Johnson was still in the band to record, he just was not able to perform live. Am I mistaken?

+ he has performed on stage after he quit the band as well..

Date: August 3, 2018 15:06

DandelionPowderman
Ket

Brian Johnson is out of AC/DC and they lied about why (because he's done studio recording and live performances since) and I assume have no intention of explaining the real reason. Would be cool to see a new Axl/DC album but sorry, it won't be AC/DC. Angus Young does not AC/DC make. And I'm skeptical of Phil coming back. The guy tried to kill someone, I think they permanently cut ties with him. Slade is more reliable anyway.

Date: August 3, 2018 15:23

RollingFreak
DandelionPowderman
Ket

Brian Johnson is out of AC/DC and they lied about why (because he's done studio recording and live performances since) and I assume have no intention of explaining the real reason. Would be cool to see a new Axl/DC album but sorry, it won't be AC/DC. Angus Young does not AC/DC make. And I'm skeptical of Phil coming back. The guy tried to kill someone, I think they permanently cut ties with him. Slade is more reliable anyway.

But why would Brian lie about it?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home