Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more - now with Axl Rose
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: December 19, 2017 11:06

AC/DC lovers, you have to listen that ! What a sound !!!

[doublej.net.au]

The original lineup in '77 featured the legendary Bon Scott at the helm and the set included some of their most enduring hits, inlcuding 'Long Way To The Top' and 'Jailbreak'. Recorded by 2JJ at their headline show on Janury 30, 1977 at the inaugural Festival of Sydney, entry to the gig only cost $3!

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 19, 2017 19:46

powerage78

[doublej.net.au]

The original lineup in '77 featured the legendary Bon Scott at the helm and the set included some of their most enduring hits, inlcuding 'Long Way To The Top' and 'Jailbreak'. Recorded by 2JJ at their headline show on Janury 30, 1977 at the inaugural Festival of Sydney, entry to the gig only cost $3!
What a great find! Sounds like they're performing right in the room next to you. Fantastic stuff.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: December 20, 2017 02:12

keefriff99
powerage78

[doublej.net.au]

What a great find! Sounds like they're performing right in the room next to you. Fantastic stuff.

Hi guys: What a Christmas presentsmileys with beer Here is another gem I found. The solo.......[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 20, 2017 02:35

keefriff99
powerage78

[doublej.net.au]

Classic !! thanks
Hands up if anyone tonight has had gonorea... Bon was a beauty !!

Date: December 20, 2017 02:38

umakmehrd
keefriff99
powerage78

[doublej.net.au]

Classic !! thanks
Hands up if anyone tonight has had gonorea... Bon was a beauty !!

No. 1 front man. See "What are you listening to this very second?"

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: December 20, 2017 12:32

Is there a way how to download it?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 20, 2017 18:00

MartinB

Is there a way how to download it?

Here's at least the Stream-URL: [abcradiomodhls.abc-cdn.net.au] .

VLC-Player helps to save the Stream (Windows-Version):

Go to 'Media' -> 'Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)' -> insert the Stream-URL from above -> click on the small arrow right beside 'Play' and change it to 'Convert (Alt+O)' -> click on 'Dump raw input' -> choose 'Destination file' (e.g. ACDC_1977.m4a) -> click on 'Start'. After some seconds there should be an 62 MB Audio-file on the HDD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-20 18:30 by Irix.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: December 25, 2017 03:00

Any fans of the band '77?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 5, 2018 04:47

AC/DC’s biographer confirms they’ll record a new album and continue to tour with Axl Rose

AXL/DC

“Speculate all you want but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: AC/DC will continue with Axl on vocals – new album, touring, the whole nine yards.
What was a massive gamble by Angus turned out to be an equally enormous triumph that has set the scene for the future.”

Date: February 5, 2018 04:56

Wow...

Date: February 5, 2018 06:40

Good. There is some blues on the way. I can't stop listening to Powerage.smiling smiley

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 5, 2018 07:03

Sad that no one seems to be able to end with dignity. Others will like it, thats cool, but as a big fan of both artists I don't love this idea. Shouldn't be called AC/DC. But whatever, they said it themselves, Moneytalks.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 5, 2018 07:47

It is an opinion of a biographer, the article doesn't provide anything else than that one sentence quoted above. It is only the title that says "confirms." Poor journalism and nothing else. While it might happen, it won't surely be "confirmed" by a biographer quoted in a poor article.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 5, 2018 08:45

Back in 2015, Murray Engleheart (the biographer) seemed a bit unsure of the direction the band will take:

'AC/DC: Maximum Rock & Roll' Book Author Interviewed On 'Australian Rock Show' Podcast (Audio)

Asked if he thought the band would release another album, Engleheart stated: "It'll be up to Angus; he's shouldering the load now. Maybe Angus will think, 'I've done the album in homage to my brother. We've done a world tour in homage to my brother. Maybe that's enough. Or maybe he'll think, 'Mal would want us to keep going so we're gonna keep going.' It will depend on Angus."

But evidently now something has made him change his tone and he's convinced it's definitely going to happen.

Whatever the case, not too interested one way or the other, but there's lots of talk flying about and thought I'd share the news making the rounds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-05 08:46 by Hairball.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 5, 2018 15:52

Hope they do a big world tour.Would love to see them in South America.
I know some people think they should stop but if they all want to do it then why not and people still want to see them play.No way Angus Young is ready to hang it up.

Nate

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 5, 2018 15:59

I am just a casual fan of both AC/DC and G'n'R, but I have to admit I was impressed when I saw AC/DC with Axl. Saw Guns a year after that and Axl sang waaay better with AC/DC. His voice was like a chain saw, while with Guns he was mostly saving his voice, singing in falsetto. Sometimes it sounded okay, sometimes awful. But I can not say a single bad thing about his singing with AC/DC. So if they decide to do it, I will gladly see them again.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 5, 2018 17:52

Nate
No way Angus Young is ready to hang it up.

Nate

Indeed! And if "Rock Or Bust" was a mediocre album (imo) we can imagine the next one will be better. Why? Because Angus will be able to rely on Axl's keen ear for a great riff/song idea. And the album's lyrics will also be better as Axl is a sharp/cynical songwritter.
ROB sounded too much like "Angus in a vacuum" to me.

An AXL/DC album and a world tour for 2019? thumbs up

Date: February 5, 2018 18:12

I will admit the show I saw with the two of them Angus certainly impressed me. Not that I didn't think he could still do it, but he was up there for two and a half hours, literally never stepping off stage or taking a break, doing his Angus thing. At 60, thats as miraculous as Jagger nowadays. He clearly still does have it and doesn't want to hang it up. It was a marvel to witness.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 5, 2018 18:32

dcba
Nate
No way Angus Young is ready to hang it up.

Nate

Indeed! And if "Rock Or Bust" was a mediocre album (imo) we can imagine the next one will be better. Why? Because Angus will be able to rely on Axl's keen ear for a great riff/song idea. And the album's lyrics will also be better as Axl is a sharp/cynical songwritter.
ROB sounded too much like "Angus in a vacuum" to me.

An AXL/DC album and a world tour for 2019? thumbs up

Not only is Angus not going to want to spend 10 years waiting for Axl to get it just right, he is not going to want to spend 10 weeks.

Carrying on could just mean a 200 million dollar guarantee for 30 stadium shows worldwide. You could even do it this year after the GNR tour ends.

Date: February 5, 2018 20:02

Hairball
Back in 2015, Murray Engleheart (the biographer) seemed a bit unsure of the direction the band will take:

'AC/DC: Maximum Rock & Roll' Book Author Interviewed On 'Australian Rock Show' Podcast (Audio)

Asked if he thought the band would release another album, Engleheart stated: "It'll be up to Angus; he's shouldering the load now. Maybe Angus will think, 'I've done the album in homage to my brother. We've done a world tour in homage to my brother. Maybe that's enough. Or maybe he'll think, 'Mal would want us to keep going so we're gonna keep going.' It will depend on Angus."

But evidently now something has made him change his tone and he's convinced it's definitely going to happen.

Whatever the case, not too interested one way or the other, but there's lots of talk flying about and thought I'd share the news making the rounds.

Glad you shared the news.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: February 5, 2018 21:30

Awesome! Not a fan of the post-Back in Black albums. This is definitely exciting! (yes, I'm a Guns fan)

Date: February 5, 2018 21:33

Dan

Not only is Angus not going to want to spend 10 years waiting for Axl to get it just right, he is not going to want to spend 10 weeks.

Well for the string of shows Angus and Axl played together Axl was on time every night. And for the pre-tour Atlanta rehearsals Axl had learnt lyrics for songs Angus wasn't even prepared to play (some stuff from 1980 precisely).

So yeah i'm confident the AXL/DC album will work.

Date: February 5, 2018 21:35

dcba
Dan

Well for the string of shows Angus and Axl played together Axl was on time every night. And for the pre-tour Atlanta rehearsals Axl had learnt lyrics for songs Angus wasn't even prepared to play (some stuff from 1980 precisely).

Axl likes to squander his own opportunities, but yes he worships Angus. He will be in the studio if Angus called him at 4am and will bend over backwards to please that guy. If only he had that kind of enthusiasm for his own band. It takes an Angus to actually inspire an Axl.

Date: February 6, 2018 00:26

RollingFreak
dcba
Dan

Axl likes to squander his own opportunities, but yes he worships Angus.

I think he worships Bon mainly. In the very early days of G&R he'd sing a cover of "Rosie" which has "Bon" written all over it.

"If only he had that kind of enthusiasm for his own band"
yeah that's a real mystery. It's as if he held a grudge against all the other members. As in "mmmmm... on Dec 27 1987 Slash drank my diet Coke backstage at Perkins Palace". grinning smiley

Date: February 6, 2018 00:55

Its incredible and its frustrating but I've learned to live with it. I saw as much of a reunion as I'm gonna get being a GNR diehard. I finally saw Slash and Axl share the stage. I obviously want them to change up the setlist, play deep cuts, get the other original members back together and make a new album, but none of that will probably happen and if it doesn't, I can live with the fact that I finally saw hell freeze over with them even though it wasn't exactly how I wanted.

As for AC/DC, you're right. It probably is Bon he worships, but obviously now that he's dead I'm just saying he worships the band in general (Bon and the music they made) so I feel he gives Angus the amount of respect he gives to very few people. I think this situation would be similar to Queen if he started singing for them. He adores Freddie mostly, but if he was working with Brian May "fronting Queen" he would bend over backwards to impress and satisfy him because of his love for Freddie and that band. I think its similar with his love of AC/DC. Again, very few people he has that level of respect for that he'd probably change his lifestyle for (AC/DC, Queen, Elton John).

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 6, 2018 04:13

I caught the Guns' show in Cincinnati in 2016, and also caught the rescheduled AC/DC gig in Columbus later that year, as the new date fit perfectly for taking my teenage girls. I'm tryin' to show them the Rock hierarchy while it's still possible!

I think professionalism is the thing that Axl has learned, it seems.

I saw the G'n'R/Metallica/Faith No More show in '92 in Indy, and it was a great show... but when the sun is coming up as you get back to Ohio after stoppin' to eat at a 24-hr diner after the gig, the Axl routine back then seemed a bit much! I like value for money, but waiting for 2 hours for them to take the stage to close the show was selfish, even though there's no such thing as bad PR.

Never paid much attention during the Axl-only G'n'R incarnation of the interim years, but if I remember they had a tour go off the rails in there, didn't they? Maybe the hardcore Guns fans can elaborate...

I'd check out both bands again, given the chance.

Date: February 7, 2018 02:12

TKinOH
Never paid much attention during the Axl-only G'n'R incarnation of the interim years, but if I remember they had a tour go off the rails in there, didn't they? Maybe the hardcore Guns fans can elaborate...

Lol SO many Axl only GNR tours went off the rails. The big one was 2002 when he was playing North America and in the middle of the tour just up and cancelled. Played MSG in New York one night and was supposed to play Philly the next night and apparently no one could find him that night. They called him and he said he was still in NY. Show got cancelled, tour got cancelled shortly after. Few other mishaps after but that was the biggest one. He was always coming out late though. My friend saw him in 06 and he came out at 1AM. I saw him in 2011 and he played from 11PM to 2AM. I kinda never liked that people kept going to the shows and basically let him get away with it but he fixed it this tour thank god. Kind of even more of a slap in the face cause it just showed he was being a dick all those years.

Date: March 23, 2018 11:29

Report: Angus Young and Axl Rose are Writing New AC/DC Music Together

[www.metalsucks.net]

Date: March 23, 2018 17:49

dcba

[www.metalsucks.net]
I'll give it a chance. I'd rather Axl worked with his own band, but it looks like that massive world tour was just a retirement plan for the members.

Date: March 23, 2018 20:42

keefriff99
dcba

[www.metalsucks.net]
I'll give it a chance. I'd rather Axl worked with his own band, but it looks like that massive world tour was just a retirement plan for the members.

Its sad but they gave us mostly what we wanted. There's so much I would have changed but for what we got I can't blame them. I'm just happy they appear to be moving on. This reunion with no new music or new old classics being played live lost its luster. This report is basically coming because Slash announced yesterday he's continuing with his solo band. New album end of this year, so presumably the assumption is no new music from Guns but Slash is doing that and maybe Axl is working with AC/DC. Ridiculous that they wouldn't make music with each other instead, but hey, its not like anyone at shows would want new stuff anyway. I get it. I love Slash's solo band so I'm totally fine with that. They play a kick ass show and its nice and cheap.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1792
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home