Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more - now with Axl Rose
Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 21, 2016 17:18

RollingFreak
dcba
... not onstage though. They played "Problem Child" at that show! thumbs up

Yup, didn't mean to imply that! Just there to support Axl.

As for them continuing, I could see it going either way. I went last week to MSG and it was definitely a show. Not better than when I saw them 8 years ago, but different. It didn't quite feel like AC/DC, it felt like a monster supergroup. Having said that, it was good and it was unique. For me as a hardcore AC/DC fan, it was made for me by the old songs. Hearing Angus do stuff like If You Want Blood, Live Wire, Riff Raff and several others which I never thought I'd see him do was amazing. Almost half the set was new from the last time I saw them and that is insanely rare seeing AC/DC. And Axl killed it.

Obviously the audience doesn't really care about that. They just wanna see Angus. And I gotta hand it to him, Angus still delivers. That man ran around like a freak for 2 and a half hours straight, never once leaving the stage or slowing down. Its incredible to see this far down the line and while I knew he could still do it, it didn't really hit me till I was at the shows. He could easily still do this and call it AC/DC. At one point I even said "its wrong to MAKE him stop at this age if he's still this good." He should keep going. I personally still don't think it should be under the AC/DC name (cause they were a BAND), but for many he still puts on the AC/DC show. And if they kept Axl there, I could still see them having a life. But Angus really does still have it. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here. I bet they continue, I just can't tell whether it'll be with Axl or not. With Cliff being gone though, I think this is my farewell. I miss Brian and Malcolm, and without Cliff or Phil also there this is just Angus. Cool to see Chris Slade though!

They could - with integrity - call it "Angus Young presents the music of AC/DC," but of course just calling it AC/DC will sell more tickets....and Angus is good enough to have the right to make that call!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 21, 2016 17:23

Absolutely, and I doubt they'll do what you say, even though I think maybe they should. I think he'll just call it AC/DC, and again after having seen the show, there's really no reason not to. Besides the hardcore (or maybe bitter) fans that remember the band. Angus is and always will be the show. I think the ONLY thing missing that Brian Johnson used to do was swinging on the Hells Bell. But otherwise, every note of the show was Angus in terms of a visual presentation and they do still have that. So calling it AC/DC isn't wrong, and is most likely what he'll do if they continue. I think if Angus were to continue without the name, he should just tour smaller places under his own name and finally play whatever he wants. Not feel tied down. But clearly based on this tour, he likes doing this.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 21, 2016 17:32

Angus could do his own thing and just play AC/DC songs. He could call it Angus or just Horns. Or Angus Horns.

But the average concert goer will pay to see AC/DC. Angus still kickin', at this point, screw it - why not? The integrity of AC/DC as AC/DC has flown out the window in some aspects possibly, with the exception to Angus fulfilling the contracts that were agreed to, which is a whole other level of integrity.

Although the one thing I can not see is a new album with Axl singing. Live it seems to be working just fine but not a record.

Date: September 21, 2016 17:47

Right, the thing I think I keep not getting across is that live, all people care about is the name. I'm not even sure if the people in my section knew Angus' name. They just cared that they were seeing AC/DC, the guy with the schoolboy. Thats ALL they cared about. Which is why I don't think he'll tour solo. Cause he knows people only go to see him for the AC/DC name (or at least an arena size audience). After seeing him last week, I don't see why he ever would tour solo, unfortunately, because he does so well just being AC/DC on his own. He gets to do his thing and people get to say they saw "AC/DC", which is all people really care about these days. "I saw the Who!", etc.

And I actually disagree, I could see them doing an album. Axl would be thrilled I think being able to work with Angus. It would be up to Angus though whether he wanted to. But I definitely thought if they wanted that partnership to continue, the only way to cement it would be to tour on new material. Otherwise, I would think Axl's not playing with them again. Cause they aren't just gonna tour the Greatest Hits again, which was basically what this last run was with only 2 new songs in the set.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 21, 2016 17:49

GasLightStreet
Angus could do his own thing and just play AC/DC songs. He could call it Angus or just Horns. Or Angus Horns.

or Angus/DC? I'm sure he'll go on with or without Axl.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: September 21, 2016 18:36

Can we please put this band out to pasture?

Angus you can still tour under your own name, do some blues covers, smaller venues, I have no problem with that at all.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 21, 2016 18:45

Having Stevie and Chris onboard gives at least a hint of legitimacy to AC/DC's lineup given that they both previously had short stints in the band.

However, neither were present at AC/DC's peak. Even though Chris played on The Razor's Edge, which was very successful commercially and had a HUGE accompanying tour, the album itself is hardly a classic...it's an over-produced hair metal-style bore, and no one wants to hear anything off it other than Thunderstruck and MAYBE Moneytalks (which they haven't played in decades anyway).

So in reality, Cliff was the last connection to their true classic past, and now he's gone. And even then, Cliff was the least visible and least well-known member of the classic lineup when compared to Brian, Malcolm and even Phil (who's always had a cult following among drumming aficionados).

So it's truly the Angus Young solo band now. He can get away with calling it AC/DC as long as he comes out in his schoolboy outfit and duck walks, but die-hard fans may balk depending on ticket prices.

All these Axl-fronted shows were make-up dates, correct? The real test would be brand-new tour dates where the replacement line-up is announced and known well in advance. Then we'd find out how much commercial legitimacy this line-up would have going forward. As with anything, it really comes down to what the fans are willing to accept.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 22, 2016 00:18

Best thing for Angus? Start a new supergroup...fill in the names, there's plenty out there. There's plenty of agents out there to help too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-22 00:19 by shadooby.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: September 22, 2016 18:08

As stated by others, the Philly show on Tuesday, the last this time out, was awesome. To be fair to Axl, no one really compares to Brian regarding voice texture. Unfortunately, Brian's voice, perhaps along with his hearing, has not been holding up well. For the last two tours at least the shows were barely two hours in duration and usually 20 songs at most. Angus still rocked his solos for just as long, but Brian, or Angus, for whatever reason chose to ignore some of the great songs from Bon Scott.

The other night we got many from that era, to me, outside of Back in Black, the best music AC/DC has ever released. Hearing Live Wire for the first time for me was the greatest thrill along with If You Want Blood and Problem Child just absolutely rocked.

A great show. Brian was missed, particularly on Thunderstruck, Hells Bells, and Shoot to Thrill. Axl was really good though, actually better than when I saw him with G n R over the summer.

If Axl stays and records with Angus, it will still be a great show worth seeing even without Malcolm, Brian, Cliff, and Phil. At least Angus can still perform and rock your socks off.

Date: September 22, 2016 18:15

rockdoc8885
As stated by others, the Philly show on Tuesday, the last this time out, was awesome. To be fair to Axl, no one really compares to Brian regarding voice texture. Unfortunately, Brian's voice, perhaps along with his hearing, has not been holding up well. For the last two tours at least the shows were barely two hours in duration and usually 20 songs at most. Angus still rocked his solos for just as long, but Brian, or Angus, for whatever reason chose to ignore some of the great songs from Bon Scott.

The other night we got many from that era, to me, outside of Back in Black, the best music AC/DC has ever released. Hearing Live Wire for the first time for me was the greatest thrill along with If You Want Blood and Problem Child just absolutely rocked.

A great show. Brian was missed, particularly on Thunderstruck, Hells Bells, and Shoot to Thrill. Axl was really good though, actually better than when I saw him with G n R over the summer.

If Axl stays and records with Angus, it will still be a great show worth seeing even without Malcolm, Brian, Cliff, and Phil. At least Angus can still perform and rock your socks off.
The longer setlist and increased song variety proves that Brian was the one limiting AC/DC's live shows.

I feel terrible for him and still think he wasn't treated very gracefully, but I've gotta give Angus credit for still being such a dynamo live. I honestly thought the shorter, limited set lists over the last few tours was for conserving his energy as much as Brian's. Now we know that's not the case.

Date: September 22, 2016 18:18

rockdoc8885

Doesn't Angus just blow you away? Like seriously, I've seen them twice before, I know how good he is, AND I was still a little pissed at him (rightly or wrongly) for everything that went down this year and him basically continuing the band on his own. Yet he goes out there and literally runs around for 2 and a half hours without a break and I couldn't help but cheer the guy on. Its just assumed he's gonna be great, but I forgot what a monster he truly is. It hasn't been mentioned enough cause its just taken for granted.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 21, 2016 10:45

Whisky A Go Go's Ultimate Jam Night November 15, in honour of Malcolm Young. Will benefit Alzheimer's Association.

[www.acdcorbust.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: November 22, 2016 08:37

I just heard Brian Johnson new song on youtube

cant remember whats called though

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Date: November 22, 2016 10:08

Greg Billings Band with Brian Johnson - Old Friends Don't Come Easy

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: witterings ()
Date: November 22, 2016 10:16

Greetings from Tumblin' dice !

It`s nice to be here, .....

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 22, 2016 19:13

powerage78

[www.youtube.com]

Hot Legs meets Tumbling Dice

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 22, 2016 19:25

TooTough
powerage78

[www.youtube.com]

Hot Legs meets Tumbling Dice

Heard this yesterday and thought the same...but then the final result sounds more like a Black Crowes cover band.

Date: January 20, 2017 11:33

To honor this legendary rock icon, the Gretsch Custom Shop is proud to offer the Malcolm Young G6131MY-CS "Salute" Jet™.
Beginning in 2008, the Gretsch team painstakingly examined and documented Malcolm’s famed #1 guitar: a battle-worn ’63 Jet Firebird™.

[www.gretschguitars.com]

Date: January 20, 2017 15:04

Man, what a GREAT photo. Greatest rhythm guitarist not named Keith Richards, no question.

And if I put my Stones fandom aside, Malcolm should probably be #1. That guy never missed a chord or a beat for nearly 40 years.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 20, 2017 15:13

Malcolm and this beautiful guitar at 3:06 on youtube!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-20 15:16 by Kurt.

Date: February 22, 2017 16:46

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 22, 2017 17:51

DandelionPowderman
Thoughts?...

AC/DC TO CARRY ON WITH AXL ROSE AND RECORD NEW ALBUM

Do it.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 22, 2017 18:53

Great and hopefully this means another tour.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 22, 2017 19:10

DandelionPowderman

Thoughts?...

An Album by Guns n' Roses then with Angus & Steve Young .... winking smiley

Because: Malcom Young, Brian Johnson, Cliff Williams and Phil Rudd are not there anymore ....

Date: February 22, 2017 19:14

Irix
DandelionPowderman

Thoughts?...

An Album by Guns n' Roses then with Angus & Steve Young .... winking smiley

Because: Malcom Young, Brian Johnson, Cliff Williams and Phil Rudd are not there anymore ....

Slash, Duff, Matt, Steven, Izzy and Dizzy are all missing in action for that «Guns'n'Roses-album», though...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 22, 2017 20:08

AXL/DC ------> Sacrilege.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: February 22, 2017 20:32

Phil Rudd Band | Head Job European Tour 2017

March
31 Hard Rock Café Oslo Norway
April
1 Musiik Kielleren Jossingfjord Norway
7 Storlian Rockfest Storlian Sweden
28 Bonfest Scotland Uk
May
2 Kaufleuten Zurich Switzerland
3 Arena Vienna Austria
4 Cinema Paradiso St Polten Austria
5 Phenomenon Novara Italy
6 Legend Club Ravenna Italy
7 Durer Kert Big Hall Budapest Hungary
10 Lucerna Music Bar Prague Czech Republic
11 Brno Semi Lasso Brno Czech Republic
12 Livinov Attic Music Club Litvino Czech Republic
13 Jablonec N/N Eurocentrum Czech Republic
16 Bratislava Rock Café Dudravka Slovakia
17 Ostrava Barrack Club Moravska Ostrava Slovakia
18 Zilina Dom Odrobov Ziliana Slovakia
19 Sk Presov Pko Presov Slovakia
20 Pardudice Zluty Pes Czech Republic
21 Band On The Wall Manchester Uk
24 The Brook Southampton Uk
25 Concorde Brighton Uk
26 St Albans Arena St Albans Uk
27 Underworld London Uk
28 Corn Exchange Edinburgh Uk

Date: February 23, 2017 16:06

I'm not excited about the prospect of another album with Axl.

No Malcolm, no Brian, no Cliff, no Phil...it's not AC/DC. Even Rock or Bust felt like AC/DC with Brian on vocals and Cliff and Phil holding down the rhythm. But now? It's a different band.

Date: February 23, 2017 18:24

AC/DC is done. It happened insanely quickly, but in 3 years they lost 4 of the 5 members dating to Back In Black. There wasn't really much time to grieve, but AC/DC does not exist anymore.

I don't really care what they do forward, its not gonna bother me. Granted I'm an Axl Rose fan, so a new album doesn't upset me mainly because Axl doesn't release anything on his own so its just nice to have anything new even if its in fake AC/DC. If Angus doesn't want to hang up the name, thats his call. I personally won't see it anymore but thats cause I saw them twice which was more than enough and saw the Axl thing for the novelty. Its not something I'd go back for. But hey, they had a good run. Like you say, Rock And Bust was still AC/DC with 4 of the 5 guys, and Malcolm having written the material. But anything now? Sorry, its just Angus and friends.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 23, 2017 18:50

I am sad of the way AC/DC did end its tour (and maybe its carreer), but this band will remain as one of the best live acts ever.

Axl did a tremendous job, but as many said here, AC/DC has lost most of it's original members and the only positive thing that would make a new AC/DC record kinda legitimate would be to have Brian back on the vocals.

Still my main realistic expectation nowadays would be a AXL/DC live DVD from last year's trek (or even better, a double pack with one Brian and one Axl show)

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2064
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home