Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6566676869707172737475...LastNext
Current Page: 70 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more - now with Axl Rose
Posted by: jambay ()
Date: June 2, 2016 23:30

lem motlow
i think like most people i thought axl rose was a completely washed up rocker,
and i say this as a fan of guns and roses from the beginning of their career.

this is a guy that most people i know started out loving and learned to despise.

he couldn't handle being a star-beat his girlfriends,jumped into the audience to fight with fans,refused to go onstage with a crowd waiting and finally drove his band members away one by one because he wanted to do some bullshit nine inch nails type of music.
to make matters worse he took the bands name and dragged it through the mud by carrying on with a bunch of wannabes and nobodies.

by the mid 90's we were calling him axlhole,axl pose and the fatter he got the funnier it was.

now comes 2016-he has done a 180 degree turn,gets the old band back together for a huge tour AND bookends it by fronting ac/dc on their tour.
turns out he actually looks healthier at that weight. he's smiling,laughing and seems to be having a great time.more importantly he kept his voice intact and has sounded really good with both bands.

i talked to some people who met him before the vegas shows and they said he was friendly,signed everything for the fans and seemed to be in a good place.
everyone loves a good comeback and this is one of the best we've seen in rock and roll in a long time.
i keep waiting for him to implode but i'm starting to think he just finally grew up,it's the summer of axl-who knew..
All of that ^ X2

who knew indeed... and how long until/if he implodes?
Probably like the stock market, he will get everyone back in...
and then when we are all back on the band wagon BOOM!!! ITS A PRANK!! and he got us allgrinning smiley

But I hope not...I hope he keeps doing what he does. Best job in the world.

Sheesh, can you imagine if he can pull off fronting both MEGA-bands back and forth, doing MEGA-show and maybe record some MEGA-albums and dumb ole washed up has been winds up making a KabillionMEGA Dollars?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-02 23:30 by jambay.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 3, 2016 00:35

As funny as it is, I'm not surprised at all by this Axl.

I'm a massive Guns N Roses fan. Yes, Axl is hard to put up with. Yes, he dragged that name through the god damn mud. Yes, he has been embarrassing for at least a decade now. But, even with all that, people like me STILL worshipped him. I didn't want to, but I had to. I think he's an amazing vocalist, and an even better frontman. Had I thought he had nothing left, I seriously would have dropped him years ago. But for some reason, I and tons of other GNR fans didn't either.

Hence the reason this isn't all that surprising. We knew it was there. He was just costing. Now by no means am I applauding his behavior the last 20 years. I'm not. And I think many vital years went wasted and are now gone that can never be gotten back. But deep down many GNR fans knew he was capable of this, and even moreso just hoped for it. I think the big thing is Guns fans knew he wouldn't do a reunion unless he sounded good. Since 2006, he's been the weak link of the originals, so he wasn't gonna commit to that unless he was gonna be good.

So when this all got announced, I knew he'd be good. There's no way he couldn't be. Admittedly, I am still surprised, but many Guns fans knew and hoped this would be the Axl we'd be getting. The AC/DC thing is a left field thing. It does add to the whole "he's making a huge comeback". Its his year, and as much of a dick as he is, I'm happy he's having it. He deserves the credit. Not from me but from all those like yourself (who I don't blame) that thought he was washed up. This should have happened a while ago but I'm glad at this point its happening at all.

There's something extremely fitting watching a 2016 Axl sing Back In Black. I don't even think of AC/DC. That song personifies Axl's year, even moreso cause he's singing it brilliantly.

Date: June 4, 2016 03:50

Slash and Duff apparently in London. Thats where the AC/DC show is tomorrow. Rumblings of a guest appearances by them but who knows.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 5, 2016 02:51

I just came back from the London concert. It was great, loud and very good spirit. Axl was good. Of course, Angus is the star man, he carries the show with his guitar playing, but he has a good band with him. Axl is getting there with his contribution. We have to accept that his voice is different from Brian, but he is finding his own way of singing AC-DC songs. Wouldn't mind seeing them one more time.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 5, 2016 04:13

I was at the concert in London tonight great gig Axl was superb and I am sure it was Slash I saw standing at the side of the stage watching the show.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: June 5, 2016 17:05

Axel Rocks this!

"Given the Dog a Bone"

[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 5, 2016 17:06

Nate
I was at the concert in London tonight great gig Axl was superb and I am sure it was Slash I saw standing at the side of the stage watching the show.

Nate thumbs up

Yeah, they ended up just watching the show. Heard it was great though.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 7, 2016 00:14

Herald Sun -- 7 June 2016

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 7, 2016 01:27

spikenyc
Axel Rocks this!

"Given the Dog a Bone"

[www.youtube.com]

WOW-and that was probably recorded with someones iphone.just flat out crankin rock and roll.good news about Brian getting better in the news today too,some sort of high tech earpiece he's using.

looks like he'll be back before long and this Axl on vocals thing will be just one of those crazy moments in rock and roll.i might have to see go this when they come to the states.Axl Rose fronting AC/DC could end up being a once in a lifetime thing.

Date: June 7, 2016 13:39

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: June 7, 2016 13:49

Nate

Nate thumbs up

Right. Slash and Duff were there to watch his bandmate.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 7, 2016 14:12

Hansman

Right. Slash and Duff were there to watch his bandmate.

No Slash was watching his old lady (Axl) to make sure she wasn't going to flee with the 'lil guy.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 7, 2016 15:03

DandelionPowderman
Brian is ready to rock again

Let's see. Angus mentioned that they enjoy working with Axl very much, they are experimenting more and trying older songs. Things they didn't do with Brian. And now, he is the star.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 7, 2016 18:22

mtaylor
DandelionPowderman

Let's see. Angus mentioned that they enjoy working with Axl very much, they are experimenting more and trying older songs. Things they didn't do with Brian. And now, he is the star.
I seriously doubt it. Angus seems very happy having a singer who can perform longer, more varied setlists and can hit all the high notes. His change in demeanor and increased energy since ditching Brian speaks for itself. Hate to say it, but I think Brian has sung his last song with AC/DC.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 7, 2016 18:32

keefriff99
mtaylor
DandelionPowderman

I seriously doubt it. Angus seems very happy having a singer who can perform longer, more varied setlists and can hit all the high notes. His change in demeanor and increased energy since ditching Brian speaks for itself. Hate to say it, but I think Brian has sung his last song with AC/DC.

I could see Brian recording some new stuff with AC/DC in the studio, but sitting out for any future tours - letting Axl or some other energetic screamer fill in for him.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: June 8, 2016 01:12

Maybe I'm the only one thinking this, but I don't like how Axl voice fits with ACDC. He scream too much for me...

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 8, 2016 23:36

My intended post was redundant and covered fully: re last week-ends shows. delete.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-08 23:57 by hopkins.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 9, 2016 00:52

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 9, 2016 02:20

Ha...that bit about Axl's purdy funny dar ROCK!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-09 02:26 by shadooby.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 9, 2016 17:15

capsula
Maybe I'm the only one thinking this, but I don't like how Axl voice fits with ACDC. He scream too much for me...

No you're not mate, it's absolute dog shit

Loved em since i was 8, saw them 43 times with the last being in Lisbon with this abomination under duress. Never again

Well unless Brian and Phil comeback

Hang it up for FFS Angus

Date: June 10, 2016 15:53

capsula
Well, listen to bootlegs of Brian back in the early '80s...he pretty much screamed like that through every song.

Personally, I kinda like his bluesier, deeper rasp. It has more character and soul, but he just can't bring his A game to AC/DC's heavy rock hits from the '80s anymore.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 10, 2016 16:05

mtaylor
Angus mentioned that they enjoy working with Axl very much, they are experimenting more and trying older songs. Things they didn't do with Brian. And now, he is the star.

Well he always was the boss anyway...

Date: June 10, 2016 16:06

dcba
mtaylor
Angus mentioned that they enjoy working with Axl very much, they are experimenting more and trying older songs. Things they didn't do with Brian. And now, he is the star.

Well he always was the boss anyway...
Actually Malcolm was always more of the boss than Angus from what I understand.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 7, 2016 16:24

1. Malcolm was ALWAYS the boss

2. Cliff has seen sense as is calling it a day once the US dates are done. Well done Cliff, if only Angus has some dignity left he'd do the same

[www.gulfshorelife.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-07 17:32 by andy js.

Date: July 7, 2016 16:27

andy js
1. Malcolm was ALWAYS the bos

2. Cliff has seen sense as is calling it a day once the US dates are done. Well done Cliff, if only Angus has some dignity left he'd do the same

[www.gulfshorelife.com]

I thought Brian was on his way back, after discovering the new technology that helps him with his problems?

Date: July 7, 2016 17:10

DandelionPowderman
andy js
1. Malcolm was ALWAYS the bos

[www.gulfshorelife.com]

I thought Brian was on his way back, after discovering the new technology that helps him with his problems?

Doubtful. It just allowed him the ability to say he found a way back. Its still up to Angus whether he wants him or not. I guess that would prove whether Angus is really a dick or not. Or some will also say Brian was being overly optimistic. We don't really know.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 7, 2016 19:20

I predict Brian Johnson will be back for some new studio recordings - they might even have some previously recorded leftovers with Brian that just need a little polishing up.
A brand new album at some point under the 'AC/DC' banner with Brian is practically a given imo.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 7, 2016 19:40

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Cliff Williams retiring. Won't record or tour. That's it for the band?

“It’s been what I’ve known for the past 40 years, but after this tour I’m backing off of touring and recording,” Cliff tells Gulfshore Life. “Losing Malcolm [Young], the thing with Phil [Rudd] and now with Brian [Johnson], it’s a changed animal. I feel in my gut it’s the right thing.”

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-08 03:12 by hopkins.

Date: July 7, 2016 20:14

At this point, my guess is Angus will just keep soldiering on. It's crazy but he's shown absolutely zero interest in retiring. The last few years have proven that.

The WHOLE GODDAMNED BAND except for Angus has changed in the last 3 years. This is absurd.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 7, 2016 20:14

Wrong thread, please delete

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-07 20:14 by gotdablouse.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6566676869707172737475...LastNext
Current Page: 70 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home