Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more - now with Axl Rose
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 22, 2016 23:42

Prague : historic setlist
    Rock or Bust
    Shoot to Thrill
    Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
    Back in Black
    Got Some Rock & Roll Thunder
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    Rock'n' Roll Damnation
    Thunderstruck
    High Voltage
    Rock 'n' Roll Train
    Hells Bells
    Dog Eat Dog (inédite depuis 2009)
    Given the Dog a Bone
    If You Want Blood (You've got it)
    Sin City
    You Shook Me All Night Long
    Shot Down in Flames
    Have a Drink on Me
    T.N.T.
    Whole Lotta Rosie
    Let There Be Rock
    Highway to Hell
    Touch Too Much (jamais interprétée en live !)
    For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
    Date: May 23, 2016 00:02

powerage78
    Prague : historic setlist
      Rock or Bust
      Shoot to Thrill
      Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
      Back in Black
      Got Some Rock & Roll Thunder
      Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
      Rock'n' Roll Damnation
      Thunderstruck
      High Voltage
      Rock 'n' Roll Train
      Hells Bells
      Dog Eat Dog (inédite depuis 2009)
      Given the Dog a Bone
      If You Want Blood (You've got it)
      Sin City
      You Shook Me All Night Long
      Shot Down in Flames
      Have a Drink on Me
      T.N.T.
      Whole Lotta Rosie
      Let There Be Rock
      Highway to Hell
      Touch Too Much (jamais interprétée en live !)
      For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

thumbs up Great Axl/DC setlist.

Edit: They should have hang it up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-23 00:06 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
      Date: May 23, 2016 00:41

Great Setlist, yes.
      I'm proud of Axl.

Posted by: mandu ()
      Date: May 23, 2016 03:21

Wow that is a good set list 24 songs as well,

Feel The Fear
      And Do It Anyway

Date: May 23, 2016 04:41

busting out some more tunes

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
      Date: May 23, 2016 08:52

axl/dc is the real deal. very impressed with what i saw on some of these clips, and i've got nothing but disdain for axl. but he really delivered and if you consider he's sitting down...great singing, great showmanship.

i'd definitely go to a show if the wind took them my way, and it's a great ad for the upcoming g'n'r shows so i don't think slash'll have a problem with it.

Date: May 23, 2016 13:53

Touch Too Much
      [youtu.be]

Posted by: dcba ()
      Date: May 23, 2016 14:40

powerage78
      Touch Too Much
      [youtu.be]

Great song, improvable rendition.
      Btw when was the last time the band introduced a new song live in the middle of the tour? Yeah me neither. Must be the "Axl Rose" effect! thumbs up

Posted by: Lorenz ()
      Date: May 23, 2016 15:17

Saw them in Vienna - not a huge fan, so showed up without a ticket and got a really cheap one just before the show. To be honest, it was really good. Unbelievable loud, my ears were ringing for two days.
      video: [www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-23 15:18 by Lorenz.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
      Date: May 23, 2016 16:47

Angus looks rejuvenated since the singer switch. He's headbanging harder and running around more than he did when the Rock Or Bust tour started.

I really wonder if Angus felt held back by Brian's age and deteriorated vocal ability. To be honest, Brian's voice has been an issue going back to the mid '90s, but I've always overlooked it because he's such a nice guy and a great performer.

All these new songs and longer setlists makes me wonder if this is how they'd have been live over the past 20 years with more flexibility.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
      Date: May 23, 2016 21:06

lem motlow
      He wasn't fired and he's cool with Axl and the rest of AC/DC,i'm not sure how many times they have to repeat this to get it through people's heads.

alot of it comes from Jim bruer,who is a half retarted fanboy who used his small amount of fame from that lame comedy act to weasel his way into the AC/DC camp.He started opening his mouth when he shouldn't have and got the fans thinking all kinds of crazy shit.

It's Angus's band,he's gonna keep playing.he kept playing when Bon died,he kept going without Malcom and he's gonna quit now,why? because some random people say he should? i doubt he cares.
      There was a very succesful AC/DC long before anyone had ever heard of Brian Johnson or Axl Rose and there still will be until Angus decides there isn't,that's just how it is.
      right now it looks like there were enough fans who were on a wait list for tickets that will buy all the returns anyway so thats already worked out.

Axl is a big Bon Scott fan so you'll be probably get a heavy dose of that era and less of the latter day stuff.there is a goldmine of songs from the Bon era that fit his voice really well,we all saw him nail it at coachella.If i was going i would go back and listen to High voltage, Powerage,Let there be rock, highway etc because they'll probably do some of the deeper cuts off those.

this is my post from may 6th- around the time people were asking for refunds and roger daltrey was talking trash like an idiot.

hate to say i told ya so....but i told ya so.

AND axls getting back on his feet-buckle up folks,this is gonna be a fun ride.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
      Date: May 23, 2016 21:30

lem motlow
      lem motlow
      He wasn't fired and he's cool with Axl and the rest of AC/DC,i'm not sure how many times they have to repeat this to get it through people's heads.

alot of it comes from Jim bruer,who is a half retarted fanboy who used his small amount of fame from that lame comedy act to weasel his way into the AC/DC camp.He started opening his mouth when he shouldn't have and got the fans thinking all kinds of crazy shit.

It's Angus's band,he's gonna keep playing.he kept playing when Bon died,he kept going without Malcom and he's gonna quit now,why? because some random people say he should? i doubt he cares.
      There was a very succesful AC/DC long before anyone had ever heard of Brian Johnson or Axl Rose and there still will be until Angus decides there isn't,that's just how it is.
      right now it looks like there were enough fans who were on a wait list for tickets that will buy all the returns anyway so thats already worked out.

Axl is a big Bon Scott fan so you'll be probably get a heavy dose of that era and less of the latter day stuff.there is a goldmine of songs from the Bon era that fit his voice really well,we all saw him nail it at coachella.If i was going i would go back and listen to High voltage, Powerage,Let there be rock, highway etc because they'll probably do some of the deeper cuts off those.

this is my post from may 6th- around the time people were asking for refunds and roger daltrey was talking trash like an idiot.

hate to say i told ya so....but i told ya so.

AND axls getting back on his feet-buckle up folks,this is gonna be a fun ride.

Sorry to be blunt, but thats a stupid response.

We DON'T know that Brian wasn't fired and Breuer being a "half retarded fanboy" comes from you. I get that you're happy, either about the situation or about being right. I'm happy too the setlist is opening up. But don't be a dick when you know no more about Brian than any of us. Its possible these shows are good AND Angus was still an absolute prick to Brian and the AC/DC legacy. God. But congrats that you're happy. I know that was what we all wanted for you.

Powerage is my favorite AC/DC album, one of my favorite albums ever. I adore Guns N Roses and Axl Rose is one of my favorite frontmen. I'm happy he's killing here and I'm happy they are playing Powerage songs for the first time in my lifetime. But that also doesn't blind me to the fact that we are seeing 2/5 of the classic AC/DC lineup here and that the manners in which Brian was kicked out are sketchy, at @#$%& best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-23 21:34 by RollingFreak.

Date: May 24, 2016 01:43

RollingFreak

We DON'T know that Brian wasn't fired and Breuer being a "half retarded fanboy" comes from you. I get that you're happy, either about the situation or about being right. I'm happy too the setlist is opening up. But don't be a dick when you know no more about Brian than any of us. Its possible these shows are good AND Angus was still an absolute prick to Brian and the AC/DC legacy. God. But congrats that you're happy. I know that was what we all wanted for you.

Powerage is my favorite AC/DC album, one of my favorite albums ever. I adore Guns N Roses and Axl Rose is one of my favorite frontmen. I'm happy he's killing here and I'm happy they are playing Powerage songs for the first time in my lifetime. But that also doesn't blind me to the fact that we are seeing 2/5 of the classic AC/DC lineup here and that the manners in which Brian was kicked out are sketchy, at @#$%& best.

this is where,again i have to remind fans of rock and roll that it's SHOW BUSINESS-it's a JOB called "professional entertainer".

if you or i contact the people you work for and tell them you're not available to do your job, do you expect them to fold the company or replace you with someone else?
      do you expect them to call you in,hold hands and tell you how much they love you and have a prayer circle,maybe sing kumbuya?

here's what you get-thanks for your service and good luck in the future.

forget that i was right that axl would kill it,dig deeper into the bon era and that roger daltrey was an idiot with his karaoke comment.and also that the people asking for refunds were making a huge mistake because at this exact moment in time ac/dc are playing the best rock and roll on the planet.

let's forget all that- you tell me,what exactly did you want or expect angus young to do?really,what is it that he could have done to make you feel better?

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
      Date: May 24, 2016 01:46

Thought it would suck, but it didn't.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
      Date: May 24, 2016 02:09

lem motlow
      RollingFreak

this is where,again i have to remind fans of rock and roll that it's SHOW BUSINESS-it's a JOB called "professional entertainer".

if you or i contact the people you work for and tell them you're not available to do your job, do you expect them to fold the company or replace you with someone else?
      do you expect them to call you in,hold hands and tell you how much they love you and have a prayer circle,maybe sing kumbuya?

here's what you get-thanks for your service and good luck in the future.

forget that i was right that axl would kill it,dig deeper into the bon era and that roger daltrey was an idiot with his karaoke comment.and also that the people asking for refunds were making a huge mistake because at this exact moment in time ac/dc are playing the best rock and roll on the planet.

let's forget all that- you tell me,what exactly did you want or expect angus young to do?really,what is it that he could have done to make you feel better?

Of course you are correct about the business aspect. When a band is on tour, contracts have been signed and obligations must be met. I'm sure Angus felt pressured to bring in somebody to keep the biz rolling. On the other hand, as an idealistic, artsy type, I find it sad that this current configuration of musicians is allowed to be called AC/DC.....and I do hear that what they're delivering onstage is pretty damn good. You Can't Always Get What You Want....

Date: May 24, 2016 02:22

lem motlow

He could have done the right thing and retired the AC/DC name. His brother has dementia and in a way the band died with him. Then when you get rid of the singer, and the drummer who killed a guy, you have Angus and Cliff. And with all respect to Cliff, no one cares about Cliff. So you have Angus. Angus is NOT AC/DC. Never has been, never will be. He's a crucial integral part, but its a band, not the Angus show.

Once again, I am happy the shows they are doing are going well, but if you wanted my hypothetical, you be classy and fold the band. They have all the money in the world, they would live and they could get out of however much it would cost them to cancel. Fold the band and Angus tours on his own under a different name. Hell, make it the same band AC/DC currently IS, Axl included on vocals, and I would consider that more respectful. Firing Brian Johnson in a week (or whatever happened) after 35 years, and moving right along IMO was not the right thing to do. That doesn't mean they won't sound good with Axl, it doesn't mean they won't play a better seat. Hate to burst your bubble, but I and many thought exactly the same as you did. That Axl would kill it, people would regret the refund, and the sets would be more Bon. So congrats, we're all right.

I don't care that much, but if you're asking what I'd do, thats what I'd do. I don't think its too unrealistic. THIS is not AC/DC, however you wanna slice it. I'm happy for Axl, hell I'm happy for Angus that sniveling bastard. I got a lot of joy watching him duckwalk the other night on Youtube. But I still don't think this is AC/DC, and shouldn't be billed as such.

Date: May 24, 2016 02:41

un-fckng-believable

so angus young is supposed to fold his band.a band he created with a name he took from his sisters sewing machine,his life's work.just drop his entire career because some people he never met,who were never around when he was struggling, playing in dive bars and clubs decide what is ac/dc and what isn't?

you've got to be kidding me.

how do you know his brother and him didn't have an agreement to keep ac/dc rocking until the end no matter what? their cousin did a tour with them in the 80's and mal didn't care,they reinvented themselves when bon died,that's kind of a big deal.

it's not your band and not your call so either stay onboard or get off the train at the next stop,nobody cares.

Posted by: Hairball ()
      Date: May 24, 2016 02:49

I'm not sure everybody agrees Axl is 'killing it', and I'm not sure everyone who demanded a refund is 'regretting it'.
      I've seen the videos, and it's a far cry from anything 'AC/DC' imo. Had I bought a ticket before Axl's intrusion into the band,
      I would have demanded a refund and would have had no regrets. Give someone else the opportunity to see them who doesn't care or know better.
      I do think Roger Daltery had a valid point regarding 'karaoke', and he has a right to voice his opinion without being personally attacked.
      For the record, I did like Axl on Appetitie For Destruction, but that's as far as my like for him goes - and that was over 25 years ago.
      With that said, Axl/DC can continue on, and it's great many people are enjoying it - I'm definitely not one of them.

Posted by: kowalski ()
      Date: May 24, 2016 02:51

RF, keep cool. smiling smiley I mean the original line up has died some 35 years ago... This is AC/DC : they keep going whatever's happening.
      I'm a big fan too and I was worried at first when I heard Axl was filling the lead singer place but when I listen to this I hear the AC/DC I've always liked : [www.youtube.com] (Whole Lotta Rosie/Let There Be Rock @ Werchter)

Date: May 24, 2016 08:16

I'm just saying: he asked what would make me happy. In a perfect world THAT would make me happy. Keeping it classy.

I have as much right to THAT view as you do to just blindly keeping it going. And maybe you have your reasons. The same way I do. In the end, neither of us run the band. They can do what they want. You can enjoy it. I can to, I just don't necessarily think it was the best thing to do, and I personally think (the thing that started it all) you feeling the need to praise yourself for being right was ridiculous. Once Axl was confirmed, nothing you said was that unpredictable. You told us what most of us already assumed.

Again, my heartiest congratulations if that means a lot to you.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
      Date: May 24, 2016 09:25

does somebody got already his london tickets, outside uk ?

Posted by: MartinB ()
      Date: May 24, 2016 09:53

I was at the Prague concert and I was very pleasantly surprised. This was my 4th ACDC concert over the last 10 years and it was clearly the best. I have never liked Axl and I think what they did with Brian was seedy at best, but if I go with what I hear, this is the best music I have heard live from them.

Date: May 24, 2016 11:36

NOBODY knows what Malcolm have said to Angus...

Prague attendance: 60,000. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

have a great day smileys with beer

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
      Date: May 24, 2016 20:29

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
      Date: May 24, 2016 21:18

I'm listening to a really good audience tape of a show from Belgium. Axl is killing it & the band sounds great. I'm not a big Axl fan & was extremely skeptical of this endeavour. I am happy to say I was wrong. I'm hoping that perhaps this will continue after the G n R tour. Could be a smart move for all parties.

Date: May 25, 2016 01:29

the reason i knew this would work is because of one person-angus young.

he doesn't carry that rock star persona or that "look at what a legend i am "attitude around but there is nobody,not keith richards not pete townshend,nobody that knows how to run a rock and roll band better than angus.

he knows what works on record and especially onstage,look at the line-up-

steve young-he's not their cousin as many believe,steve is mal and angus nephew.i happened to catch the 1988 tour he did when mal was in rehab and he did a really great job.

chris slade-he was in ac for 5 years before[89-94?] and was on the razors edge album.he was also in the firm which means jimmy page has had 3 drummers since leaving the yardbirds,john bonham,jason bonham and chris slade.

we all know the other 3 guys-angus doesn't fck around,when he puts a band onstage you better believe they're gonna bring it.i understand why alot of the fans get upset,it's a rough situation.if you think this feels bad you should've been there when bon died.but just give him a chance ,the boy knows what he's doing.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
      Date: May 25, 2016 10:24

To fold the band because former fans of AC/DC don't like the way things are now ,is just selfish.
      Millions of fans all over the world, would love to see the current line up and setlists that are coming out on this Tour.
      Me being one of them.

To begrudge fans the pleasure of seeing this great band, just cos they want them to call it a day is utterly ridiculous. confused smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
      Date: May 25, 2016 10:49

pepganzo
      Great Setlist, yes.
      I'm proud of Axl.

...dito!
      My Respect to that man.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
      Date: May 25, 2016 12:47

Bring on June 5th.

This is gonna be a weird experience. But from what i've seen my feelings have gone from reluctance, to optimism and now full blown excitement.

Been rocking in my van to both Acca Dacca and G'n'R.

now its nearly time.

In Rock we trust. It's Rock or Bust. Motherhumpers

\m/cool smiley\m/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-25 12:50 by Monkeytonkman.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
      Date: May 25, 2016 17:45

I was at the AC/DC gig in Prague last Sunday, so I post a review and some pics. It was my first time seeing them and to be honest, I didn't know much about them, but I have heard and read so many positive things about their shows that I thought I should check them out.

Okay, let's get this off my chest at the very beginning - Axl Rose was great. When Brian announced his departure a couple of months ago, I was sure I would return my ticket, since as much as I was curious, this was not a show I felt like I had to see whatever it takes, and since the tickets were anything but cheap, I thought I could not see why should I pay that for an Angus-And-Friends show. Then Axl was announced as the singer, which I thought was beyond wierd, but interesting. I never thought I would go to see Axl, but this connection looked like it might be a complete disaster or a very interesting collaboration. I decided to wait for the first shows and after I read all those positive comments and saw some clips on the internet, I finally decided to go.

Now, the whole evening was full of nice surprises, starting with excellent weather, very good organization (except of the fact that there was no parking in the whole area and the underground was the only way to get to / from the venue. I have been to many concerts, bigger than this one, but the sight of nearly 60.000 people heading towards literally one spot after the show is something I will never forget) and finally the gig itself.

There have been a lot of bad things said about Axl, which of course added to the generally bad reception of the news he would sing with AC/DC. Just as I read about the previous gigs, there was absolutely nothing to complain about him on Sunday. The concert started even fifteen minutes earlier than was announced (at 7.45 pm!), which was the first nice surprise. The next one was, that Axl's wasn't sitting in his chair due to his leg anymore, (which he wasn't since the Vienna gig three days earlier, as I learned afterwards) and he was actually pacing the stage up and down and visiting the b-stage all the time. Most importantly - he sang perfectly. Again, I am not really a fan of his, but I have to admit I enjoyed it tremendously. In between the songs he did some talking, did his best to cheer people up, which was an impossible task - very rarely have I been in such a dead audience. A little applause after each song and then silence...yeap, it looked like a lot of people were there to drink beer and eat sausages...I never understood how can someone justify paying 100+ Euro for a concert and then spend most of the time in the queues for beer and sausages. I guess it must had been quite frustrating for those up on the stage, but neither Axl nor Angus let that affect their performance. Angus was exactly as I supposed he would be - running up and down the stage, doing his duck walk, shaking his head for more than two hours :-) Seriously - his playing was absolutely perfect, seemed even better than what I thought after watching some DVDs. As a very casual fan, I had the best time during You Shook Me All Night Long, Highway to Hell, Back In Black, Thunderstruck, Dirty Deeds... but all songs worked really well. About the sound - everybody says that the AC/DC concerts are the loudest ever, and...yes, this was by far the loudest one I have ever heard. Not that my ears would be ringing the next day, I was fine a couple of minutes after the gig, but it was really really loud and even thought the sound was very good for an outdoor gig, I think a bit lower sound level would help the clarity, the guitar sometimes drowned everything else. But no complains really, I understand that an AC/DC gig must be loud, so it was loud.

As this was my first time seeing the band, I can't compare it with the "standard" lineup and some people will therefore simply say I don't know what I am talking about. A lot of people are very melodramatic about the current situation, almost (or maybe actually) writing petitions to boycott the current AC/DC. I like the comment someone posted here earlier: "Problems of the first-world countries." But when it comes down to it, it is just about two hours of music and having some fun. We can discuss whether it is still AC/DC, or not. As for me, they can call themselves ABCDEFG, I just had a wonderful time and that 's what matters. I know, I have the strange advantage of not being a huge fan, not having any sort of emotional attachment to the band, so it is easy for me to take the situation as it is and just enjoy it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-25 19:31 by Happy24.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
      Current Page: 68 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1550
      Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
      Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home