Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 117
Re: OT: ACDC - explain why they are so great.
Posted by: jambay ()
Date: May 13, 2016 06:06

AC/DC worked long long and hard hard and toured toured their asses asses off off for a long long time and kept kept on on keeping keeping on on to earn earn what they have achieved. They started small and then kept going and got bigger and bigger and never looked back. No one handed AC/DC a thing. They are the Real McCoy. They earned their success. I would imagine that might be one reason Angus is not letting go no matter the recent... whatever one would call it...

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: May 13, 2016 06:10

shadooby

What a great time to be Phil Rudd...not so much so now, I suppose.
Yup, on both

I am not worthy to comment on Phil's issues, but man...
...if/when ya ever get ahold of that brass ring do not let go of it by...
...what ever odd things occurred to/with Phil.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-13 06:11 by jambay.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 13, 2016 11:57

I never really got them at the time although I saw them at the marquee in 76 and in 79 supporting The Who at Wembley.

However, a mate got me into them a few years ago and now I love them.

Favourite song - She Shook Me All Night Long.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 13, 2016 12:24

2120Wolf
THEIR NOT GREAT...THAT SHOULD EXPLAIN IT...

Their not great what? There is a word missing.

Date: May 13, 2016 12:30

AC/DC: simple basic rock n roll with catchy riffs, some yell-along slogans (preferably with the words "hard" "rock" and/or "balls" in it), just for the sheer unadulterated fun of it. Their best songs, simple as they might be, do have a groove to it (which is why comparing them with Status Quo - as I saw somewhere above - is grossly unjustified). I like them, in small doses, as I like Motorhead, which has/had the same basic directness. I can't take them very serious but then I don't think we're supposed to. Having said that, I once went to an AC/DC live concert, and thought the whole "Angus-lowering-his-pants-act" embarrassingly puerile, but the rest of the gig was alright.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 13, 2016 14:05

Bastion
buttons67
the problem with a lot of todays young folk is they are not conditioned to trying to find great music, instead they listen to what they are drip fed from todays society

Give me a ****ing break!

The amount of fiction and generalisation going on here is ridiculously offensive.

The amount of generalisation and smugness going on in Bastion's posts is ridiculously offensive..
I'm the first to extoll the virtues of a great Rihanna song, or Calvin Harris jam.. or the Alabama Shakes..I listen to 'modern music', I was simply wondering if ACDC is a generational thing, or is there sonething timeless about thier simplicity.

Date: May 13, 2016 14:29

matxil
AC/DC: simple basic rock n roll with catchy riffs, some yell-along slogans (preferably with the words "hard" "rock" and/or "balls" in it), just for the sheer unadulterated fun of it. Their best songs, simple as they might be, do have a groove to it (which is why comparing them with Status Quo - as I saw somewhere above - is grossly unjustified). I like them, in small doses, as I like Motorhead, which has/had the same basic directness. I can't take them very serious but then I don't think we're supposed to. Having said that, I once went to an AC/DC live concert, and thought the whole "Angus-lowering-his-pants-act" embarrassingly puerile, but the rest of the gig was alright.

Quo is WAY more versatile than AC/DC.

Date: May 13, 2016 14:50

DandelionPowderman
matxil

Really? I always thought it was rock for 10 year olds. The worst part of this is that I now I have "you're in the army now" (or whatever it's called) in my head. I think it's time to put up some Whola Lotta Rosie.

Date: May 13, 2016 14:56

matxil
DandelionPowderman
matxil

Really? I always thought it was rock for 10 year olds. The worst part of this is that I now I have "you're in the army now" (or whatever it's called) in my head. I think it's time to put up some Whola Lotta Rosie.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 13, 2016 21:37

DandelionPowderman
matxil
DandelionPowderman
matxil

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Oh dear, no, that didn't convince me at all. Rather terrible, apart from the last one which I found tolerable. But nowhere close to AC/DC.
But thanks for the effort. And thanks for not putting that terrible army now thing.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 13, 2016 21:51

I think they found a perfect formula for rock n 'roll. Buying an album you know what to expect. In contrast it can also seem monotonous.
BUT, it's only rock n' roll.

Posted by: jackblitz ()
Date: May 13, 2016 23:08

AC/DC is no Bullshit, pure Rock and Roll.
No Glimmer
No Backup Singers
No Big Band on Stage
AC/DC is pure Rock and Roll since more than 40 Years

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: May 14, 2016 08:31

jackblitz
AC/DC is no Bullshit, pure Rock and Roll.
No Glimmer
No Backup Singers
No Big Band on Stage
AC/DC is pure Rock and Roll since more than 40 Years

well said man

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more - now with Axl Rose
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 15, 2016 13:54

It's an abomination to my ears. Had a ticket to the first European show in Lisbon and was 75/25 whether to go or not. In the end I did, knew within 10 minutes it wasn't for me

Can't believe my all time favourite band has ended up this way

Luckily i managed to get refunds for London & Manchester

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 15, 2016 14:19

That must be very painfull andy js.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 15, 2016 15:12

Well to my ears the band sounds MUCH younger and Angus seems to have fun!

Have you noticed he gone back to standard tuning for the Axl/dc tour? Methinks it's Brian "dead vocal chords" Johnson who demanded the band to tune down to E flat.
It's safe to say Brian dragged AC/DC down during the last few years (2008-2015) and I'm happy to see Angus has broken his chains... thumbs up

Date: May 15, 2016 16:43

dcba

Have you noticed he gone back to standard tuning for the Axl/dc tour? Methinks it's Brian "dead vocal chords" Johnson who demanded the band to tune down to E flat.
It's safe to say Brian dragged AC/DC down during the last few years (2008-2015) and I'm happy to see Angus has broken his chains... thumbs up

then i pity your ears and whatever problem is currently inflicting them spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 15, 2016 16:49

It's great that they've played Riff Raff, Rock 'n' Roll Damnation and If You Want Blood (You've Got It) recently.

I think Axl sounds surprisingly good on vocals and I would love to catch 'em live with the current line-up.

I just wish they'd play a few Guns N'Roses ballads, like Patience or Don't Cry to make the shows even more special.

Date: May 15, 2016 17:36

andy js
dcba

then i pity your ears and whatever problem is currently inflicting them spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Well the AC/DC train moves on to the next town while you're staying on the plaform crying. I pity you!

Angus wants to move on, Angus will move on (new album, new singer) and he addresses a "look at my bum buddy" salute to all his "fans" who disagree.
"Mate thx for giving me your money all these years but this is my band so you can bugger off!".

Andy now that you've given up on AC/DC you still got Airbourne for true rock'n roll! >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-15 17:37 by dcba.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 16, 2016 09:52

jambay
And I knew Mr Fingers was going to say that about its "next year already"!

hey punk, that's MISTER FINGERS to you! oh...

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: May 16, 2016 15:39

The Stones
I just wish they'd play a few Guns N'Roses ballads, like Patience or Don't Cry to make the shows even more special.

No way do I want to hear any GnR in London. I paid to see AC/DC and I'm not even getting to see them

Date: May 16, 2016 17:00

dcba

Well the AC/DC train moves on to the next town while you're staying on the plaform crying. I pity you!

Angus wants to move on, Angus will move on (new album, new singer) and he addresses a "look at my bum buddy" salute to all his "fans" who disagree.
"Mate thx for giving me your money all these years but this is my band so you can bugger off!".

Andy now that you've given up on AC/DC you still got Airbourne for true rock'n roll! >grinning smiley<

Ha, there is no AC/DC train any more!

I'll see what Brian and Phil do next I guess. Because this scab DC circus act isn't for me

PS: I'd rather shit glass than listen to Airborne winking smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 16, 2016 17:04

The Stones

That would be a bit too AC n' DC for me...

Anyway: heading on down to see them perform with the Axlotl in Belgium tonite.

For Those About to Rock: ...Fire!

Date: May 16, 2016 18:57

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-16 21:27 by dcba.

Date: May 16, 2016 18:58

@ Andy : okay you win! smileys with beer

But I still think there are quite good versions of "Give the Dog a Bone" played these days.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 16, 2016 21:12

Fantastic show in Marseille. Just thanks to the band to keep on rockin'

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: May 17, 2016 03:05

Just saw them do it in Werchter.
Fantastic. Angus is a true rock hero.
And Axl did a great job. Sympathetic and respectful to the Bon and Brian era's.

Between support act and ACDC they played during 30 minutes only Stones songs...
Halfway the second time JJF they kicked off.
Other songs were SFM, GS, SftD, MR, BS.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 17, 2016 06:11

RoughJusticeOnYa
The Stones

That would be a bit too AC n' DC for me...

Anyway: heading on down to see them perform with the Axlotl in Belgium tonite.

For Those About to Rock: ...Fire!

we salute you ruff!

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: May 17, 2016 22:17

It would be interesting if Brian does not come back, to hear maybe an EP of 3-4 new songs with Axl, or some live stuff at least.

Date: May 17, 2016 23:05

JohnnyBGoode
some live stuff at least.

I hope we'll get a whole DVD (of a British show?)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2098
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home