Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more - now with Axl Rose
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: May 9, 2016 01:25

Wonder if they thought enough to provide Axl with one of these...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 9, 2016 12:59

I am off to Seville today for tomorrow nights show and I'm really looking forward to see Axl and Angus performing together,anyone else going to this?

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 9, 2016 13:22

I'm liking that they are doing "Riff Raff" & "Rock & Roll Damnation". 2 favorites from my sordid youth.smoking smiley

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 9, 2016 14:03

Axl was fantastic, I'm very happy for him.
smileys with beer

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 9, 2016 14:46

Dithyrambic reviews...

!! Photos et review :
* AC/DC review – Axl Rose brings menace as rock legends pull off a triumph [www.theguardian.com] (The Guardian)
* Concert : à Lisbonne, Axl Rose a rajeuni AC/DC (le Parisien) [www.leparisien.fr]
* La folie AC/DC à Lisbonne, avec Axl Rose en prime [www.ledauphine.com] (le Dauphiné)
* Hier soir à Lisbonne... AC/DC [www.parismatch.com] (Paris Match)
* Axl Rose au chant d'AC/DC pour la première fois [www.lexpress.fr] (l'Express)
* AC/DC inicia su gira europea en Lisboa con la voz de Axl Rose [www.latercera.com] (la Tercera)
* AC/DC inició en Lisboa su gira europea con Axl Rose en la voz [www.infobae.com] (Infobae)
* Axl Rose hits the right note for AC/DC in Lisbon, review [www.telegraph.co.uk] (The Telegraph)
* Axl Rose Triumphs at AC/DC Debut in Lisbon [www.rollingstone.com] (RollingStone)
* Axl Rose Wins Over Lisbon Crowd in First Show Fronting AC/DC [www.billboard.com] (Billboard)
* AC/DC rocks Lisbon all night long as it resumes world tour with Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose [www.dailymail.co.uk] (Daily Mail)
* Axl Rose debuta en Lisboa con AC/DC cantando en una silla [www.elperiodico.com] (el Périodico)
* It’s only crock ‘n’ roll but I like it [www.thesun.co.uk] (The Sun)
* Axl Rose debuts with AC/DC in Lisbon, earns rave reviews: an unexpected 'triumph' [www.smh.com.au] (SMH)
* Galerie photos [musicfest.pt] (Music Fest)
* À Lisbonne, AC/DC a fait le job [www.laprovence.com] (la Provence)

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-09 14:46 by powerage78.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 9, 2016 15:40

ACDC was dead the moment Malcolm quit. Then it became sad and pathetic when Phil Rudd had to be replaced due to personal problems - and when no one thought it could get any worse, they actually replaced Brian Johnson with Axl Rose... in a wheelchair. Spinal Tap was fiction. This is real life. One of the greatest and most iconic rock bands of all time has imploded and destroyed itself within a few years. It´s so embarrassing that it´s almost funny, but mostly it´s sad. Why didn´t they just quit and retire when Malcolm had to leave? I don´t regard the current version and line up as ACDC. This is a cover band - led by Angus Young.

Date: May 9, 2016 16:08

Oh my god, how easy it is to criticize violently when it is not about the Stones !!!

Absolute selective criticism eye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

Laughable and even pathetic...

"Stones best show ever..." smoking smileygrinning smileysmoking smiley eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-09 16:10 by powerage78.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 9, 2016 16:16

PLAY OR PAY

The tour had to end because Brian's leaving probably wasn't a case covered by the insurance.
Since the insurance won't pay for a risk that was not covered, Angus HAS to play the dates or the band will have to pay for all promoters' investments.
Axl does a good job for such an impromptu remplacement.
The guy has a bad reputation, he isn't loved by much, but his vocal talent is evident. He was a fan of AC/DC, and he's probably one of the best choices Angus could have made.

Date: May 9, 2016 16:17

Well said Doc, thanks smileys with beer

Date: May 9, 2016 17:29

powerage78
Oh my god, how easy it is to criticize violently when it is not about the Stones !!!

Absolute selective criticism eye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

Laughable and even pathetic...

"Stones best show ever..." smoking smileygrinning smileysmoking smiley eye rolling smiley

I am a huge ACDC fan, and I don´t think my criticism is "violent" - and would have been sad if the same thing happened to The Rolling Stones. Just turn it around. What would you say if The Rolling Stones still continued to tour under that name after Keith Richards had retire due to Alzheimer, Charlie Watts was jailed and replaced, and Mick Jagger retired and replaced by Steve Tyler? Would you still call it The Rolling Stones?

Date: May 9, 2016 17:35

Just talkin' about music performance.
You are so much more forgiving with Stones concerts...
The Lisbon show was awesome, just read the reviews, like you do on IORR... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

We never question any review, right ? cool smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-09 17:49 by powerage78.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: May 9, 2016 17:55

Doc
PLAY OR PAY

The tour had to end because Brian's leaving probably wasn't a case covered by the insurance.
Since the insurance won't pay for a risk that was not covered, Angus HAS to play the dates or the band will have to pay for all promoters' investments.
Axl does a good job for such an impromptu replacement.
The guy has a bad reputation, he isn't loved by much, but his vocal talent is evident. He was a fan of AC/DC, and he's probably one of the best choices Angus could have made.

Yup, it is showbusiness as in show+business, the business of shows and the show must go on... and Axl sounds fine, close enough. And they are offering refunds to people who don't like it. Axl sounds fine, they could have done worse. I dont like him, but I guess he is road proven over the last bunch of years... and rock and roll on the road is about more than just doing your job on stage 2-3 hours every couple of nights. There is a lot more to than that.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 9, 2016 20:08

Axl scooting through LA Airport on his way to Europe: smiling bouncing smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 9, 2016 21:09

Oh dear this whole thing is a farce.Feel really sorry for folk who have tickets.

Date: May 9, 2016 22:00

powerage78
The Lisbon show was awesome, just read the reviews, like you do on IORR... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

If Stones lost 3 official members at this late point of their career, I would have zero interest in a new line up of replacements - no matter how good the new band would sound. In fact, it would be a terrible thing to do their legacy. Malcolm and Angus have been as important to ACDC as Mick and Keith to The Stones. If you take one of them out, the thrill is gone. But in this case they took the drummer and the singer in addition to Malcolm. I hate to admit it, but ACDC is gone, and IMO it is an insult to Malcolm and Brian, the fans, their name and legacy to continue.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 9, 2016 22:01

TooTough
Axl scooting through LA Airport on his way to Europe: smiling bouncing smiley

[www.youtube.com]

>grinning smiley< Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

Ridin down the highway
Goin'to a show'
Stop in all the byways
Playin' Rock 'n' Roll

IT's A Long Way To the Top
If You wanna ROCK 'n'Roll !!!

hot smiley

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 9, 2016 22:19

In light of all this talk about if Angus should still call it AC/DC anymore, or if the Two should be called The Who is funny in light of something I just saw on Facebook. Somebody was ranting that the Stones have no right to be still called The Rolling Stones without Bill Wyman. I loved Bill, but hell, with Ronnie clocking in at 41 years, that's like still having 3.75 original members. The Stones are way more intact than a hell of a lot of classic rock bands!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 9, 2016 23:12

Anyone else notice they are doing a longer set with Axl than they did with Brian?

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 9, 2016 23:53

BluzDude
Anyone else notice they are doing a longer set with Axl than they did with Brian?

No wonder. Brian was standing.
Axl should use his vehicle shown in the video above on stage.
That would be fun!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 10, 2016 00:29

BluzDude

I think Angus did a lot of things to accomodate Brian's physical condition. For example did anyone notice that since the "Black Ice" tour (2008 ) the whole band tunes half a step lower. It makes things easier for the singer...

The somewhat shorter setlist were part of that too... (imo).

Date: May 10, 2016 09:57

Date: May 10, 2016 10:17

The Worst.
powerage78

If Stones lost 3 official members at this late point of their career, I would have zero interest in a new line up of replacements - no matter how good the new band would sound. In fact, it would be a terrible thing to do their legacy. Malcolm and Angus have been as important to ACDC as Mick and Keith to The Stones. If you take one of them out, the thrill is gone. But in this case they took the drummer and the singer in addition to Malcolm. I hate to admit it, but ACDC is gone, and IMO it is an insult to Malcolm and Brian, the fans, their name and legacy to continue.

I don't disagree with that. However, I'm not sure if they plan to «continue», it's merely fulfilling a contract, isn't it?

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 10, 2016 11:15

The way I see it, they didn't have much of a choice, if they didn't want to end up bankrupt. I didn't have high expectations, like most people I'd my doubts about Axl Rose, but apparantly he did a very good job, given the circumstances, so I am glad it worked out.

Date: May 10, 2016 14:42

matxil
The way I see it, they didn't have much of a choice, if they didn't want to end up bankrupt.

Bankrupt no but they would have to cough up a few mils if they had decided to cancel the remaining ROB concerts.
Imho hiring Axl Rose is Angus' master stroke...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 10, 2016 15:14

I don't think AC/DC has sounded this good since Bon Scott died. Axel nailed it.

Mathijs

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 10, 2016 15:20

Vocal-wise yes...but the drummer?

Date: May 10, 2016 15:21

... and this Lisbon setlist... Yum!
Hopefully there'll be a DVD of one of these "AXL/DC" shows along with the pro-shot Chicago 2015 video.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 10, 2016 19:16

Does anyone know what time they are coming on tonight?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 10, 2016 20:56

#RockOrBust En Sevilla!
AC/DC 21h30
@TBSHAKEDOWN 20h15
Apertura de Puertas 18h30 [t.co]

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 10, 2016 21:15

They will be on stage as soon as they can get the wheel chair up the ramp.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1458
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home