Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more - now with Axl Rose
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 25, 2016 23:09

Roger Daltrey was spot on with his comments.
The remnants of AC/DC need to cancel the shows,before this embarrassing karaoke begins.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: April 25, 2016 23:35

Talking about Daltrey brings up a point:

Couldn't AC/DC have constructed a wider version of the clear curved plexiglass decibel barrier Townsend used on tour to shield Brian's hearing from the worst of the sonic boom onstage? Yeah, it would have sucked for him not to be too mobile, but could've been a way for the band to fulfill tour agreements and save face.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: April 26, 2016 23:46

lem motlow
First off,comparing AC/DC's situation to the who is ridiculous because AC/DC were already a huge band before Brian Johnson was ever heard of,there was never a who without Daltrey.

I'm not suprised Roger would say some stupid shit like this,he doesnt even see what a joke he has become after selling that Who cover band they've been cash cowing to the public that never saw the actual Who and don't know the difference.i wouldnt open my mouth about anyone if i were him,A guy sitting in a Lambo that has no engine or transmission and still thinks riding in the fast lane.

Those two songs alone Angus did with GnR at Coachella kicked more ass than anything Roger Daltrey has done in 35 years ,he needs to keep his mouth shut.

you could not be more wrong

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 27, 2016 00:04

Refunds offered for some European shows, incl. Germany and UK:

[ac-dc.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-27 00:05 by TooTough.

Posted by: Night Manager ()
Date: April 27, 2016 00:42

...what lem motlow sais is quite funny, and I liked Axl`s singing at Coachella and think people should give this strange collaboration a chance, but-
I`ve seen The Who on their current tour, and they DID kick ass. Roger`s a trouper, still a great singer and in a cultural position to air his judgment however he fancies.
Still I think Axl is a funky idea. Why not wait for the shows? it might work, it might not. It`ll be something else, and that`s good

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 27, 2016 00:43

winter
Talking about Daltrey brings up a point:

Couldn't AC/DC have constructed a wider version of the clear curved plexiglass decibel barrier Townsend used on tour to shield Brian's hearing from the worst of the sonic boom onstage? Yeah, it would have sucked for him not to be too mobile, but could've been a way for the band to fulfill tour agreements and save face.

That might have worked.

Maybe a huge plexi-glass bubble in complete isolation from the rest of the band. smiling smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 27, 2016 00:44

Night Manager
...what lem motlow sais is quite funny, and I liked Axl`s singing at Coachella and think people should give this strange collaboration a chance, but-
I`ve seen The Who on their current tour, and they DID kick ass. Roger`s a trouper, still a great singer and in a cultural position to air his judgment however he fancies.
Still I think Axl is a funky idea. Why not wait for the shows? it might work, it might not. It`ll be something else, and that`s good

Give it a try.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 27, 2016 00:54

Stones50
lem motlow
First off,comparing AC/DC's situation to the who is ridiculous because AC/DC were already a huge band before Brian Johnson was ever heard of,there was never a who without Daltrey.

I'm not suprised Roger would say some stupid shit like this,he doesnt even see what a joke he has become after selling that Who cover band they've been cash cowing to the public that never saw the actual Who and don't know the difference.i wouldnt open my mouth about anyone if i were him,A guy sitting in a Lambo that has no engine or transmission and still thinks riding in the fast lane.

Those two songs alone Angus did with GnR at Coachella kicked more ass than anything Roger Daltrey has done in 35 years ,he needs to keep his mouth shut.

you could not be more wrong

I take it you never saw the actual Who live with Moonie and the Ox because if you did you would know what i'm talking about.
I used to travel to see them and was lucky enough to witness one of the last shows they ever did[ Toronto/oct 1976]
they've been a Who cover band ever since,you can fool some of the people some of the time-and that's fine, they put on a good show.huge money and an ego stroke for the aging stars and people walk away thinking they've seen the Who, but when you're running a high priced fraud for decades it's a little pathetic to say someone else is doing "karaoke".like i said,he needs to keep his mouth shut.

Posted by: Night Manager ()
Date: April 27, 2016 01:23

point taken mr. Lem
-I`ve seen the Who in 1975, those where the greatest shows I`ve ever seen, but still - where`s the option? I enjoyed the Stones in Havanna, but would never claim them to be the band I saw in 1973, which was out of this world.
So, old Roger with his throat problems and an ageing Axl and an AC/DC at the end of their perspective, totter along. This is what we`ve got, if we`re still interested. We could look for younger artists, if we can find them. Should we blame the old guard for being old? Or play one against the other?
(I`ll see Black Sabbath in Vienna in June)

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 27, 2016 21:23

I agree that Roger Daltrey is the last person that should be opening his mouth about a band carrying on longer than they should. Whats left of The Who is still good, and its a good show, but I agree that its laughable coming out of Daltrey's mouth about what should and should not happen in a different band. AC/DC aren't even really his peers. I don't care that much, but if pressed for an answer I'd say he should keep his mouth shut.

Date: April 28, 2016 00:55

Roger Daltrey made a valid point regarding Axl/DC whether some think he should keep his mouth shut or not.
He has spoken for thousands of fans around the world, and as a close friend of Brian Johnson he should be allowed to have his opinion heard - even if it's a bit hypocritical.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 28, 2016 07:25

HonkeyTonkFlash
treaclefingers
BILLPERKS
HonkeyTonkFlash
treaclefingers
kowalski
Hairball
Roger Daltrey weighs in on the controversy:

THE WHO's ROGER DALTREY On AXL ROSE Singing For AC/DC: 'Give Me A Break'

April 21, 2016

Give Me A Break

During a brand new interview with Postmedia Network, THE WHO frontman Roger Daltrey was asked for his opinion on the news that Brian Johnson was retiring from AC/DC because he risks substantial hearing loss if he continues to perform in large arenas and stadiums. Daltrey said: "I mean, I really feel badly for Brian. It must be heartbreaking for him after all the service he's given that band over the years.

"I thought their farewell statement to the press and to Brian was fairly curt, to say the least. I felt for him. That must have hurt.

He continued: "I've spoken to Brian. He's got loads of other things he wants to do in his life.

"I think AC/DC will miss Brian much more than Brian will miss AC/DC. There you go. What do you expect from Australians? [Laughs]... And he's such a lovely guy, Brian. I've known him for 40-odd years, more..."

As for the announcement that Johnson will be replaced by GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose for the remainder of the "Rock Or Bust" world tour beginning May 7 in Lisbon, Portugal, Daltrey said: "I mean, go and see karaoke with Axl Rose? Give me a break. [Laughs]"

Read more at [www.blabbermouth.net]

...well said. grinning smiley

Roger Daltrey Calls AC/DC With Axl Rose 'Karaoke'

a tinge of irony i'd say, given half his original band is dead and he's still flogging it.
True, but if Daltrey were out, would Townshend summon a replacement and still dare to call it The Who? I'd hope not...
That's funny, Pete would fold it immediately

true that, because the who have never quit, only to regroup/add new members and start again.[/quote

True that, they could be criticized for carrying on without Keith or John but I doubt Townshend would have continued to cal it The Who without Roger, nor would Roger call a band without Pete, The Who.

so true...charlie's also disposable.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 28, 2016 07:26

RollingFreak
I agree that Roger Daltrey is the last person that should be opening his mouth about a band carrying on longer than they should. Whats left of The Who is still good, and its a good show, but I agree that its laughable coming out of Daltrey's mouth about what should and should not happen in a different band. AC/DC aren't even really his peers. I don't care that much, but if pressed for an answer I'd say he should keep his mouth shut.

he was channeling his inner keith, and couldn't help himself.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 3, 2016 00:45

Refunds offered for ALL European shows:

[ac-dc.net]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 3, 2016 01:24

Herald Sun -- 3 May 2016

ROCKMAN

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 3, 2016 04:07

Someone snuck some audio of Axl rehearsing with AC/DC:

Shoot To Thrill

Thunderstruck

Gotta admit that he sounds good, but I don't think anyone thought he couldn't hack it. I said from the beginning that he'd be able to hit notes that Brian hasn't been able to in years.

What certain fans object to is the shabby manner in which Brian is being treated.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 3, 2016 19:47

keefriff99
Someone snuck some audio of Axl rehearsing with AC/DC:

Shoot To Thrill

Thunderstruck

Gotta admit that he sounds good, but I don't think anyone thought he couldn't hack it. I said from the beginning that he'd be able to hit notes that Brian hasn't been able to in years.

What certain fans object to is the shabby manner in which Brian is being treated.
Right, Axl does have the ability. But he also has a horrible reputation as far as dependability, ego, getting along with band members, etc...plus, like you said, the way Brian is being treated is just a shame.

Date: May 4, 2016 10:50

7,000 Belgian AC/DC Fans Request Ticket Refunds On Concert With AXL ROSE

>REFUND

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 4, 2016 10:58

I respect everyone's opinion. And I am deeply sorry for Brian.

But I note that Angus must manage since more than two years a lot of heavy shocks, sometimes unexpected, always painful and extremely complicated.
So, just to deal with this unleashing of the elements against the band, and to support my hero, I will be in Marseille.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 4, 2016 17:32

powerage78,

I respect your decision.
Please report back here as soon as you can after the show.
smileys with beer

Date: May 4, 2016 22:10

During an appearance on a recent edition of the "Talk Toomey" podcast (hear audio below), Breuer stated about Brian's exit from AC/DC: "As a fan, I will say I don't think he was treated well at all. At the end of the day, Brian is a huge, huge entity, and he is just [as much of] a part of AC/DC as the [Young] brothers, whether they wanna realize it or not. And as a fan, and I think I could speak for a lot of fans, it was a little awkward that, here's a man that's been with you for 36 years, he took you to a new stratosphere, he put you in the stratosphere. When you first heard 'Back In Black' and 'You Shook Me All Night Long', no one said, 'Wow, that Angus Young is amazing.' They went, 'Jesus! Who is this guy? How did this guy replace Bon [Scott]? How is this possible?' And to tour and to be part of that band, and after that long, you hear Brian's hearing is going and he can't really tour, me as a fan — and I think most fans — would think you'd see the band together in a press conference. And they [would be] all, like, 'We feel horrible for Brian here. We put so many years together. But Brian's gonna try to get help. And he's gonna come with us and introduce… And we're gonna look for a singer and we're gonna move on. But we all love Brian, and this is kind of a goodbye-to-Brian tour.' And to not see that and just read a headline that says 'We're replacing… looking for new singers,' and you don't hear anything from Brian until Axl is official… me personally, it's a little weird."

Breuer went on to say that, as a longtime fan who considers AC/DC to be his "all-time greatest band," he was "hurt… to watch just the way that was [handled]. I mean, you could have made a celebration. And it seemed like, at the end, when it was all said and done, Brian came off very classy, and Angus came off cold, like Walmart just replacing a cashier… like he's replacing a cashier. Which, again, that's right, but he needs to know his audience, and he needs to know how much love, time, investment and money we put into Brian Johnson. And he is a huge, huge voice and part of AC/DC and rock and roll, period."

Blabbermouth.net

Date: May 4, 2016 22:10

Although I think Breuer overstepped his bounds initially a couple months ago, I 100% agree with his sentiment here.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 4, 2016 23:18

The new line up...

AC/DC 2016:
Angus Young: Lead Guitar
Stevie Young: Rhythm Guitar
Axl Rose: Vocals
Cliff Williams: Bass Guitar
Chris Slade: Drums

....just imagine the horror.......

THE ROLLING STONES 2016:
Mick Jagger: Vocals
Joe Satriani: Guitars
Ronnie Wood: Guitars
Darryl Jones: Bass
Charlie Watts: Drums

or:

THE ROLLING STONES 2016:
Robert Plant: Vocals
Keith Richards: Guitars
Bill Wyman: Bass
Ringo Starr: Drums

Date: May 4, 2016 23:24

RipThisBone - "THE ROLLING STONES 2016:
Mick Jagger: Vocals
Joe Satriani: Guitars
Darryl Jones: Bass
Charlie Watts: Drums

or:

THE ROLLING STONES 2016:
Robert Plant: Vocals
Keith Richards: Guitars
Bill Wyman: Bass
Ringo Starr: Drums"

God forbid any such scenarios!!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 4, 2016 23:32

The new line up...

AC/DC 2016:

It would be more like:

THE ROLLING STONES 2016:
Keith Richards: Lead Guitar
Tyler Wood: Rhythm Guitar
Steven Tyler: Vocals
Darryl Jones: Bass Guitar
Lars Ulrich: Drums

Date: May 4, 2016 23:34

Kurt
The new line up...

AC/DC 2016:

It would be more like:

THE ROLLING STONES 2016:
Keith Richards: Lead Guitar
Tyler Wood: Rhythm Guitar
Steven Tyler: Vocals
Darryl Jones: Bass Guitar
Lars Ulrich: Drums

Oh God! The horror!

Date: May 4, 2016 23:36

Yes, calling one of those line ups THE ROLLING STONES would be insane...

AC/DC... confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-04 23:40 by RipThisBone.

Date: May 4, 2016 23:42

This could be imagined forever...
The Rolling Stones 2017
Keith Richards - guitar
Little Steven - guitar
Bono - vocals
Lee Sklar - bass
Neil Peart - drums....ok, I've got too much free time here, this is sick...

Date: May 4, 2016 23:54

Makes me think of the induction speech for THE ROLLING STONES at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame by Pete Townshend.....

Something like: "What ever you do ROLLING STONES, don't grow up gracefully, it wouldn't suite you".

Great speech and funny at the time, but.....

Well, well... take a look at AC/DC now and where Pete Townshend got to with THE WHO.

LONG LIVE THE ROLLING STONES!!!

Date: May 4, 2016 23:58

RipThisBone
Makes me think of the induction speech for THE ROLLING STONES at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame by Pete Townshend.....

Something like: "What ever you do ROLLING STONES, don't grow up gracefully, it wouldn't suite you".

Great speech and funny at the time, but.....

Well, well... take a look at AC/DC now and where Pete Townshend got to with THE WHO.

LONG LIVE THE ROLLING STONES!!!

Cheers! May they stay in their present incarnation for a good long while!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-04 23:59 by HonkeyTonkFlash.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2153
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home