Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 26, 2016 00:23

coffeepotman
Hey back in the day Guns used to do a killer version of Whole Lotta Rosie

given the weight gain, maybe they could try Whole Lotta Axl for future shows?

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: March 26, 2016 15:04

treaclefingers
Hairball
And of course some new tunes and lyrics might result in the Axl Rose takeover:

"For those about to rock welcome to the jungle..."

"Take me down to paradise city on the highway to hell..."

eye rolling smiley

Whole Lotta November Rain

Back in Chaps

Back in chaps >grinning smiley<spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: March 26, 2016 16:55

treaclefingers
coffeepotman

Some people get such joy of making fun of fat people. I wonder what other groups of people you also mock so openly.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: March 26, 2016 19:04

Let's see..........

Down 1 drummer
Down 1 guitarist
Lead singer out

What's the point of seeing the Angus show? He's good but you can't call it AC/DC.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: March 26, 2016 19:20

Word

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 26, 2016 22:05

mighty stork
Let's see..........

Down 1 drummer
Down 1 guitarist
Lead singer out

What's the point of seeing the Angus show? He's good but you can't call it AC/DC.

I agree, but the general public is frankly, stupid. Maybe stupid isn't the right word, but just simply don't care. If it has the name, they'll go. Maybe it won't be as successful, but I still think whoever is in AC/DC and plays shows AS AC/DC could sell out more than just amphitheaters. People would go just to see Angus. I don't think its right, but it is just the world. Really, the choice is in Angus' hands. I don't believe its right to continue but if he wants to it'll be him thats really saying "people will accept anything."

Date: March 27, 2016 03:33

oh no, not axl. doesn't jimmy barnes seem like the most likely and logical choice?

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 27, 2016 14:38

RollingFreak
mighty stork
Let's see..........

Down 1 drummer
Down 1 guitarist
Lead singer out

I agree, but the general public is frankly, stupid. Maybe stupid isn't the right word, but just simply don't care. If it has the name, they'll go. Maybe it won't be as successful, but I still think whoever is in AC/DC and plays shows AS AC/DC could sell out more than just amphitheaters. People would go just to see Angus. I don't think its right, but it is just the world. Really, the choice is in Angus' hands. I don't believe its right to continue but if he wants to it'll be him thats really saying "people will accept anything."

Spot on. I still can't believe the Axl rumours, even though they seem to be coming from more direction. It might be all absolutely wrong. Anyway - IF that happened, it would mean two things in my opinion.

First - all that stuff that Brian was kicked out because Angus wants to go on for another 10 years would be proven making absolutely no sense - hiring Axl surely wouldn't be any means to achieve that.

And second - hiring Axl might be a smart move, since for the European shows they would probably not give the opportunity of returning tickets - it is the same band playing the same place on the same date. That the singer is different? Nah, you get another "superstar." I have never seen AC/DC and was quite looking forward to it, with Brian gone I was decided I would rather return the ticket - Angus solo is not really worth the money I paid for the ticket. With Axl...I thought it might be such a weird hybrid that it might actually be worth seeing (Axl was here a couple of times with his new GNR, I never cared to go, can't see why should I, I have seen Slash solo though and thought he was excellent) but with Axl on board, the gigs might easily start on midnight, you never know. It is highly unpleasant to think that after the gig I would be left on a periphery of a town with no means of transportation to get back home, which is a 1,5 hour train ride for me - going by car is not an option, since there are nearly no parking places around or close to the venue and the public transport stops at midnight. And waiting hours and hours for an outdoor gig in May...uuhhhh...I would not mind at all if it was for The Stones or a couple of other bands that I really love, but not for a band I go to see only out of curiosity. I hope there would be the possibility of returning the tickets! If Axl joins the band and there won't be the possibility of returning the tickets, it would be a very smart move how to cheat the fans.

Anyway...with Axl getting back together with his old band, I can't see how can he step in as a lead singer for AC/DC in a bit more than a month... I simply hope it won't happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-27 14:41 by Happy24.

Date: March 27, 2016 21:42

axl is not the new permanent singer for ac/dc. why do people think that? he is at best filling in for the already scheduled dates

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 28, 2016 09:11

sdstonesguy
treaclefingers
coffeepotman

Some people get such joy of making fun of fat people. I wonder what other groups of people you also mock so openly.

sorry i offended, didn't think it was quite as fierce as you're making it. to answer your question though, i do openly mock whiners.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 28, 2016 14:23

sdstonesguy
treaclefingers
coffeepotman

Some people get such joy of making fun of fat people.

No problem in making fun of people who made fun of people their whole career.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 15:08

RollingFreak
mighty stork
Let's see..........

Down 1 drummer
Down 1 guitarist
Lead singer out

I wouldn't say stupid...most people are just casual fans and don't LIVE music and obsess over it the way we do. They don't know the names of the guys in the band and aren't particularly passionate about it.

As long as Angus is running around in a schoolboy outfit, most people won't care who else in onstage.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 17:40

Axl will never play with AC/DC.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 28, 2016 17:43

keefriff99

As long as Angus is running around in a schoolboy outfit, most people won't care who else in onstage.

Yeah they come to see AC/DC the band not "Cliff on bass" "Mal on 2nd guitar" and "Phil on drums".
In a stadium you can't see sh!t anyway... the one guy a punter located 80 meters from the stage would recognize is Angus.

Who turned their back on Slayer when Lombardo and Hannemann got off the boat and were replaced by nobodies? Only purists did, that is 5 to 10% of the whole fandom. The rest buy a ticket to see Slayer the band.

Date: March 28, 2016 18:14

dcba
keefriff99

Yeah they come to see AC/DC the band not "Cliff on bass" "Mal on 2nd guitar" and "Phil on drums".
In a stadium you can't see sh!t anyway... the one guy a punter located 80 meters from the stage would recognize is Angus.

Who turned their back on Slayer when Lombardo and Hannemann got off the boat and were replaced by nobodies? Only purists did, that is 5 to 10% of the whole fandom. The rest buy a ticket to see Slayer the band.
Hey now, Gary Holt and Paul Bostaph are FAR from nobodies winking smiley

I get your overall point though.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 28, 2016 18:36

powerage78
Axl will never play with AC/DC.

TMZ says otherwise...

AXL IN ATLANTA WITH AC/DC

Date: March 28, 2016 18:37

[www.blabbermouth.net]

Well goddamn...what to make of THIS? Looks more and more legit now.

Date: March 28, 2016 18:42

No.
A meeting yes days ago.
But Axl will not be the new singer.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 18:50

this is absurd!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-28 18:51 by mnewman505.

Date: March 28, 2016 18:54

This is Stevie on the right.

Date: March 28, 2016 18:59

Powerage78, so why has Axl been to Atlanta at least TWICE now???

Date: March 28, 2016 19:12

Just believe me...

Date: March 28, 2016 19:18

powerage78
Just believe me...

cool smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 28, 2016 20:19

He canĀ“t even remember his own songs.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 20:55

The most unreliable frontman in the history of arena rock is going to simultaneously front two bands?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 28, 2016 21:52

mnewman505
this is absurd!

The band members look as if the just witnessed a horrible trainwreck (aka Axl)...bewildered, shocked, and in disbelief.

Date: March 28, 2016 21:58

It does seem interesting and pretty damning evidence. I'll still believe it if it happens, but its hard not to draw a conclusion with that.

I agree, its pretty inconceivable that the most unreliable singer is now going to be fronting two of the world's biggest bands after becoming a joke the last 15 years.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: March 28, 2016 22:47

GNR's first reformation gig is in Atlanta, so it is conceivable Axl is there rehearsing and working on stage production.

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: March 28, 2016 22:53

SonicDreamer
GNR's first reformation gig is in Atlanta, so it is conceivable Axl is there rehearsing and working on stage production.

Cheers,
SonicD

Pardon? Maybe they are rehearsing there but I don't think thats been confirmed, and their first show is Vegas, at least officially I believe.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: March 28, 2016 22:53

Hairball
mnewman505
this is absurd!

The band members look as if the just witnessed a horrible trainwreck (aka Axl)...bewildered, shocked, and in disbelief.

AC/DC looks lost... what a loss... Had great times with their music/shows/fans.

Still got to buy the Rock or Bust album...... Got all the others....

But hey I am from the Bon Scott and Malcolm years... 1975-1979...sad smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1790
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home