Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 17, 2016 00:06

keefriffhard4life
Hairball
keefriffhard4life
Hairball
This Bruer guy is a has-been low level 'comedian' whose only claim to fame is his recurring "Goat Boy" from SNL which was a somewhat funny skit...once.
As wiki puts it "He is most noted for his time as a cast member on Saturday Night Live", and that was back in '95-98.
Now his names all over the news, and whether whatever he said is true or not - the guy is a dork.

umm he tours the big comedy clubs and was the costar of the movie HALF BAKED

Ummm....Half Baked?
Never heard of it, but just looked it up and that was way back from 1998 - the same year he left SNL!
Not sure of your point, but are you saying this makes him well known and/or relevant? Kind of like Rob Schneider (SNL '88-94)who came and went before him?
Wonder whatever happened to him....probably planning to expose the truth behind some big named band to get his name in the news...

never heard of half baked? you are either really old or really young if you've never heard of that movie as it repeats like 100 times a week on tv

as far as rob schneider. guess you've never heard of deuce bigalow, the benchwarmers and grownups all hit movies he starred in since the year 2000 plus he has a cameo in every adam sandler movie

I'm neither too old or too young - I'm 52. And no, I've never heard of Half-Baked as I don't keep up with watching reruns of outdated movies on tv. To tell the truth, I don't watch much tv in general.

As for Rob Schneider,I've never heard of Deuce Bigalow, Benchwarmers, or Grownups, and am not a fan of Adam Sandler or his movies, so I wouldn't know whose making cameo's in them.
It's good that Schneider's able to make a living off of being a comedian though, I honestly thought he disappeared off the face of the earth.

The only thing I absolutely know about those two is that they were on SNL, and it wasn't anything that was very memorable, but evidently they have a few fans.

Anyways, not here to debate run-of the mill comedians. Just curious as to what the future holds for AC/DC. Sebastian Bach is being considered as mentioned above...I hope that's a false rumor.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 17, 2016 00:07

Hmmm, I didn't think Brian was "bad" from my vantage point in the pit at Wrigley last year. Not as strong as previous tours, but a far cry from "bad".

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 17, 2016 05:33

Herald Sun -- 17 March 2016

ROCKMAN

Date: March 17, 2016 14:15

SKILLS
Newsflash - I've just heard that Sebastian Bach is being considered.

personally, i like the idea of Bas, he's got the attitude and strut, his pipes are unquestioned. What do yall think?

he can still wail but wrong set of pipes for ac/dc imo

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 17, 2016 14:36

keefriffhard4life
SKILLS

personally, i like the idea of Bas, he's got the attitude and strut, his pipes are unquestioned. What do yall think?

Bach has a great voice but he's too much of a clown and an attention whore. I can't see him meshing with the band...they prefer low-key, no-nonsense types.

Date: March 17, 2016 16:00

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
SKILLS

Bach has a great voice but he's too much of a clown and an attention whore. I can't see him meshing with the band...they prefer low-key, no-nonsense types.

yeah that too. its really hard to think of a guy that fits. maybe the guy from rhino bucket?

[www.youtube.com]

still sounds pretty good

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 17, 2016 16:37

Sebastian is great, but only in doses. The guy lets everything get too much to his head. Terrible choice, but I doubt he'd get that lucky to get it anyway.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 17, 2016 23:24

As far as a replacement for Brian...

Who cares.....or should I say, I don't careconfused smiley

AC/DC has always been one of my top 3 bands that I must catch every time they tour.

But with Brian gone, I think that's it for me.sad smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 17, 2016 23:25

mnewman505
Hmmm, I didn't think Brian was "bad" from my vantage point in the pit at Wrigley last year. Not as strong as previous tours, but a far cry from "bad".

It looks like this concert will be released soon:

[mikefrasermix.com]

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: March 18, 2016 02:55

The Bach rumor comes from a friend who jams with Phil Rudd, Rudd mentioned that Bach was a favourite with Angus and that Malcolm had admired the mans voice, plus he reckons a younger guy would give them another 10+ yrs

Date: March 18, 2016 14:11

I still can't believe AC/DC, of all bands, has descended into such disorder over the past few years. I never expected this...bums me out, man.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 18, 2016 14:49

BluzDude
As far as a replacement for Brian...

Who cares.....or should I say, I don't careconfused smiley

AC/DC has always been one of my top 3 bands that I must catch every time they tour.

But with Brian gone, I think that's it for me.sad smiley

I concur.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 19, 2016 00:28

Marc Storace from Krokus...

Krokus: Looking to America

...just sayin'.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-19 00:29 by shadooby.

Date: March 19, 2016 00:54

shadooby

...just sayin'.

They have nothing to gain from Krokus. Literally as many people will know him as if they plucked an unknown younger guy. Sure, he sounds like Brian, but he brings no more star power to the band which I believe would be the goal if you were bringing someone in in their 60s. Either they get a big name older guy or an unknown younger guy. To get a no name older guy seems insane. And thats nothing against Krokus, but all these AC/DC fans bringing up Marc. Come on, no one knows Krokus.

Date: March 19, 2016 02:58

RollingFreak
shadooby

...just sayin'.

They have nothing to gain from Krokus. Literally as many people will know him as if they plucked an unknown younger guy. Sure, he sounds like Brian, but he brings no more star power to the band which I believe would be the goal if you were bringing someone in in their 60s. Either they get a big name older guy or an unknown younger guy. To get a no name older guy seems insane. And thats nothing against Krokus, but all these AC/DC fans bringing up Marc. Come on, no one knows Krokus.

must be me but i think he sounds more like bon not brian

Date: March 19, 2016 05:02

RollingFreak
shadooby

...just sayin'.

Krokus is (or was) a fairly well known band as they were quite popular during the metal craze of the early-mid '80's, and were all over MTV.
I suppose it depends on your age and if you were around during that period, but to say Marc Storace is a "no name older guy" and that "no one knows Krokus" would be incorrect.
There's a possibility he might just be the missing link and is exactly what they're looking for.

Date: March 19, 2016 08:25

Hairball
RollingFreak
shadooby

...just sayin'.

Krokus is (or was) a fairly well known band as they were quite popular during the metal craze of the early-mid '80's, and were all over MTV.
I suppose it depends on your age and if you were around during that period, but to say Marc Storace is a "no name older guy" and that "no one knows Krokus" would be incorrect.
There's a possibility he might just be the missing link and is exactly what they're looking for.

Bands like Tesla and Mr. Big were also big for a minute in the 80s. I have nothing against bands that were popular during that metal craze, but there are bands people remember and there are bands people don't. I'm a HUGE Tesla fan, but I know well enough that no one remembers them despite having some decently big hits. Krokus may have been fairly well known, but no one gives a damn about them now, and the sad truth is they DON'T have anything to gain by adding him. I doubt he's the missing link (unless you were joking, cause I truly can't tell) and I still contend you either get a Steven Tyler type name or you go with a younger no-name from a smaller band, like the guy from Airbourne.

Date: March 19, 2016 09:11

RollingFreak
Hairball
RollingFreak
shadooby

...just sayin'.

Bands like Tesla and Mr. Big were also big for a minute in the 80s. I have nothing against bands that were popular during that metal craze, but there are bands people remember and there are bands people don't. I'm a HUGE Tesla fan, but I know well enough that no one remembers them despite having some decently big hits. Krokus may have been fairly well known, but no one gives a damn about them now, and the sad truth is they DON'T have anything to gain by adding him. I doubt he's the missing link (unless you were joking, cause I truly can't tell) and I still contend you either get a Steven Tyler type name or you go with a younger no-name from a smaller band, like the guy from Airbourne.

No I wasn't joking. All one has to do is listen to his vocals to understand he has the pipes that would easily fit within the AC/DC sound - doesn't matter if he's not as well known now as he was in the heyday. And as keefriffhard4life stated above, his vocals are indeed much closer sounding to Bon which could please alot of the old diehards from the Bon era that couldn't relate to Brian "the new guy", as well as pleasing most of the latter era fans. It's a win-win situation, and I don't see how an unknown younger singer could possibly fit in any better than that.

Date: March 19, 2016 10:28

RollingFreak
Hairball
RollingFreak
shadooby

...just sayin'.

tesla was big for a minute? try almost 10 years. first album in 1986 is platinum. every release is platinum until 1994's album went gold. the bands 1995 hits release also is gold. I think 3 gold albums and 3 platinum albums is bigger than a minute plus the bands newer indie albums still chart in the billboard top 40 when they are released

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 19, 2016 11:37

Mr Big still have a big following.

Especially guitarist Paul Gilbert and bassist Billy Sheehan, who are legends to guitar shredding metalheads.

Date: March 19, 2016 17:24

keefriffhard4life
RollingFreak
Hairball
RollingFreak
shadooby

...just sayin'.

tesla was big for a minute? try almost 10 years. first album in 1986 is platinum. every release is platinum until 1994's album went gold. the bands 1995 hits release also is gold. I think 3 gold albums and 3 platinum albums is bigger than a minute plus the bands newer indie albums still chart in the billboard top 40 when they are released

NO ONE knows who Tesla is nowadays. Go up to 10 people on the street and I'd guess 9 of them wouldn't. I love the band, but you gotta understand this general public. AC/DC and the Stones are on a different level, Tesla and Mr. Big are nobodies to them.

And yes, Paul Gilbert and Billy Sheehan have their own followings, but are still relatively unknown. I've seen both of these bands fairly recents, all in small clubs/halls. They are not a big draw because for the most part had a hit or two. Tesla were not BIG for 10 years. I understand they were on the scene and people knew who they were, but bands like Motley Crue and Guns N Roses were big and made an impact. Tesla, as much as I love them, did not. Neither did Krokus, bringing it all back to that point.

Date: March 19, 2016 19:45

RollingFreak
keefriffhard4life
RollingFreak
Hairball
RollingFreak
shadooby

...just sayin'.

NO ONE knows who Tesla is nowadays. Go up to 10 people on the street and I'd guess 9 of them wouldn't. I love the band, but you gotta understand this general public. AC/DC and the Stones are on a different level, Tesla and Mr. Big are nobodies to them.

And yes, Paul Gilbert and Billy Sheehan have their own followings, but are still relatively unknown. I've seen both of these bands fairly recents, all in small clubs/halls. They are not a big draw because for the most part had a hit or two. Tesla were not BIG for 10 years. I understand they were on the scene and people knew who they were, but bands like Motley Crue and Guns N Roses were big and made an impact. Tesla, as much as I love them, did not. Neither did Krokus, bringing it all back to that point.
you keep saying mr big. mr big has ONE yes ONE album certified in the united states. thats certainly not the same as having 6 certified albums. you mentioned HUGE bands. no tesla was never huge but they were big. tesla are like the kinks and motley crue is like the rolling stones. thats a proper comparison as to the level of popularity the bands had

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 19, 2016 21:18

Now the question is :
was "To be With You" better than "More Than Words"...? grinning smiley

Date: March 19, 2016 21:26

dcba
Now the question is :
was "To be With You" better than "More Than Words"...? grinning smiley

neither song represents those bands so the answer is neither. its like saying "miss you" is a good example of what the stone sound like

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 19, 2016 21:44

I was just (humorously?) trying to make you see this thread is drifting from Brian Johnson to insipid 'hair metal" forgotten bands from the 80's.

Date: March 19, 2016 23:27

dcba
I was just (humorously?) trying to make you see this thread is drifting from Brian Johnson to insipid 'hair metal" forgotten bands from the 80's.
keefriffhard4life appears to enjoy bickering continuously with other posters here more than anything else.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 20, 2016 21:22

It has been rather quiet since the US tour has been interrupted. Of course it is an extremely difficult job to replace the singer (if that's what's gonna happen), but the European tour is in a few weeks and I think that time plays extremely against promoters. I mean IF Brian gets replaced, a lot of tickets will most likely be returned and they will need each day to sell at least some of them. A last minute announcement might be quite a disaster. I can imagine that the possibility of postponement / cancellation of the European tour is also discussed.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 20, 2016 21:33

We need clarification asap!Is Brian out for the London show???????
If so ,AC/DC please have the courtesy to confirm!

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: March 20, 2016 21:59

The only choice for lead singer of AC/DC… Celine Dion!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 20, 2016 22:30

From Wikipedia:

"Shortly after AC/DC vocalist Bon Scott's death in 1980, Marc was offered to audition for the vacancy in the band, but he turned it down because things were going extremely well at the time for Krokus.[2][3] He also claimed that, besides his feelings of loyalty to his mates, he felt his band was going to continue to get bigger."

Marc Storace and Krokus never stopped and have been going strong for over 35 years.

Krokus Long Stick Goes Boom Live

Krokus Fire Live

Krokus Rock City Live

I'll never forget when Long Stick Goes Boom came out in 1982 I really thought it was another posthumous Bon release from AC/DC like they did the year before with Dirty Deeds. That's what turned me on to Krokus.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-20 22:44 by shadooby.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2184
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home