Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Australia and New Zealand rescheduled show announcement Tuesday April 15
Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: April 22, 2014 19:21

jammingedward
MarthaTuesday
Deathgod
Australia...you will love it!

I just know I will! I'm very, very excited about going. Wanted to for a long time and now with my brother emigrating there, I have an excuse for the long journey and expense!

It all sounds interesting to me. Not sure yet how many places I can see on this trip but Melbourne's tempting for the Stones. I a big tennis fan so it might be interesting to see them at Rod Laver.

Hanging Rock does look amazing but I'll probably be on my own (brother not a stones fan) and can't drive so think I'll stick to venues easy to get to and from.

You will be able to get a bus to and from Melbourne city centre to Hanging Rock easily and cheaply. They will be selling bus tickets on ticketmaster.

Hanging Rock and Rod Laver are easily the two best venues on the tour. Also Melbourne is the closest city to Adelaide.
Try and make those shows if you can!!

That's useful to know - thanks. Still considering my options and have had no time to think over the weekend as my brother was in town. And we're making the most of seeing each-other before he heads to Oz in July!

Hanging Rock would be a fantastic venue, I think. Although I think I would have to do Rod Laver if I'm in Melbourne since I'm such a tennis fan. But I'll see.

Date: April 22, 2014 19:23

Aquamarine
Rod Laver is where they play the Australian Open tennis, yes? I always wanted to go there one day for that, never dreamed of the Stones appearing there. O that I had more $$$.

Me too! On both counts! I love tennis so think if I'm in Melbourne, I'd like to see the Stones at Rod Laver. But I'd love to do more than one show....it's either a Europe show or one in Australia for me...so yes, if only there was more money available to me!

Date: April 22, 2014 19:27

Rockman
....all we need now is a Sydney-ite ta turn up ....

It's sort of happened for me....my brother's moving to Adelaide initially but he has friends in Sydney. And he's recommending I do Sydney if I can only do one city other than Adelaide....I think I'm going to do some sums and see if I can do Melbourne and Sydney. Can only do one Stones show but would be good to visit a few extra cities whilst over there.

Btw, Bluzdude - thanks for the gollum picture! I think I'd like to see that greeting me on arrival! It might at least help my nerves (I hate the landing part of flying).

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: April 28, 2014 15:47

Aussie frontier members presale tmrw.
Good luck guys n gals. Hope you get what you want.

Date: April 29, 2014 00:13

For those heading to Adelaide in October, you may want to check this

[youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-29 00:36 by Deathgod.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: April 29, 2014 01:56

My Stones travelling companion can't do the Hunter Valley and my wife says I've spent too much money on 5 shows and rescheduled travel already (she's right).
Yet I'm still fighting the urge to buy some GA tickets today! Must stop...

I'm going to try for $99 lucky dip tickets to the new Perth show if tiger air are still offering $97 flights from Melbourne on Friday - it's up to the rock n roll gods now if I get a bonus show!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 29, 2014 02:07

jammingedward
My Stones travelling companion can't do the Hunter Valley and my wife says I've spent too much money on 5 shows and rescheduled travel already (she's right).
Yet I'm still fighting the urge to buy some GA tickets today! Must stop...

I'm going to try for $99 lucky dip tickets to the new Perth show if tiger air are still offering $97 flights from Melbourne on Friday - it's up to the rock n roll gods now if I get a bonus show!

...wives, they sure can be a kill-joy, and to make things worse, they get us to agree with them! drinking smiley

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: April 29, 2014 05:20

anyone managed to get pit tickets for Perth2?

Date: April 29, 2014 05:40

Allocation exhausted except VIPs

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 29, 2014 07:22

zgubi
anyone managed to get pit tickets for Perth2?

No...they were "sold out" at 1000 WST. They went on sale at....1000 WST.

Packages/Scalpers scam again. Its just hard to believe The Stones buy into scalping us 'legally' by giving us a laminated lanyard, entry an hour before everyone else and maybe a program for just $500 more than the standard, never available, yet somehow 'offered', pit ticket.

I love them, but it IS a disgrace

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: April 29, 2014 12:03

I think they were reserved for packages, and maybe they had 1 on sale as at some point it became exhausted smiling smiley

Should work on the general sale

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 29, 2014 14:14

zgubi
I think they were reserved for packages, and maybe they had 1 on sale as at some point it became exhausted smiling smiley

Should work on the general sale

...yeah,right. Available, to limited availability to allocation exhausted in 1 second. They weren't reserved for packages, they were offered. For 1 second, if that. I am as big a fan as anyone, but this is just a blatant ripoff by the band and, perhaps, the promoter. If tickets in the pit are $580, SELL SOME without the $500 lanyard and program.

Date: April 29, 2014 14:58

Last general on sale there were 4 pit tickets available in the system, I'm assuming it will be the same again. If the packages stiff like they did in Brisbane then some may drop later on.
Melbourne pit sold out on packages though.

Did anyone else notice the 'early entry GA' tickets for Hunter Valley going for $100 more than the regular ones? I wonder what that is about?
Looks like the seating goes much further back than Hanging Rock too.

Date: April 30, 2014 23:25

Deathgod
For those heading to Adelaide in October, you may want to check this

[youtube.com]

That's great - thank you.

I think I'm going to try for a ticket to Adelaide. But I'm going to be heading there in the next year regardless as my brother's moving there.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 1, 2014 01:05

I have package pit tickets for Perth 1, Melbourne, Sydney. I saw the Singapore shows from a seat that was well placed and enjoyed it thoroughly. I am starting to think that if I can't get a pit ticket for the second Perth without a package, maybe I should take a seat out in the audience. At some point it is almost like I am feeding an addiction, chasing the rush of being able to afford a place that 30 years ago was unobtainable, front row at a Stones concert. I am also starting to feel a bit duped by a listed price that exists for probably less than 10% of the tickets that go on sale when the majority are these over inflated package deals. Wow, you get gifts, meaning you are pre=paying for stuff you could probably get cheaper at the merchandise stands.

Oh who I am kidding, duped or not I won't be able to resist drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-01 03:56 by kahoosier.

Date: May 1, 2014 02:50

I got package tix for Adealide front row and pit packages for Syd and Melbs.
Couldn't resist. I really have a feeling this is the victory lap for us down under. It will be an amazing few weeks.

Looks like nearly all pit tix went out as VIP packages.
So much for paying the extra $$ to gain 'early access'
There will be 400 of us jostling for 'early pit access'.

Date: May 1, 2014 03:59

LOL you are right Deathgod, I had the same realization this morning right before I posted.The reason to pay the package was the early entrance, which now appears to be what everyone in the pit did so I am not sure what the advantage is really any more!

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: May 1, 2014 04:39

Any news on Auckland packages, i'm able to go this time, so i'm looking for some advice re: VIP or Pit packages or even GA, seems that frontier haven't released any returns yet

Date: May 1, 2014 05:19

tmrw (Fri) they go on general sale

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 2, 2014 00:59

Shows us what a class act The Stones are. For example the Allman Brothers postponed 4 shows in NY and have not rescheduled or refunded as they continue to announce gigs in other places, with no explanation or apology. The people holding tickets are pissed and rightfully so...

Date: May 2, 2014 02:46

Tickets about to go on sale in Oz

Date: May 2, 2014 05:38

Right now if you buy a package for Auckland u can get as good as second row 10 seats from the catwak Ronnies side if looking for a single. As far as regular price, it has to be a sham. I was signed into my account clicking back and forth at the moment Perth 2 went on sale, at all times Pit tickets were tied up until at 3 minutes after the opening they were exhausted. Oh yeah, the packages are still there '
Of course I cracked and bought another Tongue Pit Package. I"ll still have to get to the arena hours early since my guess is most of the pit has bought the early admission package confused smiley

Still I am now in the pit for 4 Shows, up front in Auckland, a nice shot of salvation after flying from Singapore to Perth for the bad news winking smiley

Date: May 2, 2014 05:41

Front row Adelaide avail. A3 Row A Ronnie side.
Package only......of course

Date: May 2, 2014 10:17

I got lucky dip to Perth 2!!
Cheap flights available so it all fell into place.

For a grand total of $333 I got return flights from Melbourne to Perth and a Stones ticket.
Woo!

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: May 3, 2014 12:47

I am unable to buy a ticket through the website - I keep getting an error code. My credit card companies are telling me it's not them or my card. I'm US-based. Any insight?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 3, 2014 13:18

rubyeveryday
I am unable to buy a ticket through the website - I keep getting an error code. My credit card companies are telling me it's not them or my card. I'm US-based. Any insight?

Hi Ruby
I had a similar problem last week trying to book a flight, try a different computer if you can maybe that will work.

Good luck

Nate

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 3, 2014 13:54

rubyeveryday

Delete the browser's temporary files, or use another browser.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Bob Sharp ()
Date: May 3, 2014 20:38

Hi Ruby:

I am having the same problem (from the US)---have you managed to solve the issue? If so, please advise.

I have tried two computers, different browsers, and cleared temporary files etc.

I also tried emailing Ticketek a few days ago but have not received a reply.

Thanks,

Bob

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: May 3, 2014 22:01

B Sharp - No luck yet, followed all above advice, emailed, etc. . . Meanwhile, the best seats are being sold . . .

Date: May 4, 2014 06:07

Try the mobile ticketek site?

m.ticketek.com.au

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10