Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Australia and New Zealand rescheduled shows
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 14, 2014 22:00

NME.com message in exclusive report today:

The band will announce the rescheduled Australia and New Zealand tour dates tomorrow (April 15). Read more at [www.nme.com]

This thread is a follow-up to the March/April 2014 thread:

Australia & New Zealand "14 On Fire" shows postponed
[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-20 22:12 by bv.

Re: Australia and New Zealand rescheduled show announcement Tuesday April 15
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 14, 2014 22:11

This is the video postcard:

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 14, 2014 22:16

Today it is exactly six weeks i.e. 42 days until The Rolling Stones are on stage for the opening show in Oslo, Norway Monday May 26. It is great news that we will have the rest of the dates for the shows in Australia and New Zealand tomorrow as well!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 14, 2014 22:34

Will they announce extra dates like Canberra too?

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: April 14, 2014 22:46

Excellent news thanks BV

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: April 14, 2014 22:48

Great News indeed ... And a new, very welcome life sign! thumbs up

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: April 14, 2014 23:48

woohoo !

Ruby Tuesday in Oz !

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: April 15, 2014 00:10

Great news...thanks for all your updates
smoking smiley

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: April 15, 2014 00:48

When is April 15th?

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 15, 2014 00:51

Cristiano Radtke

1:51: Hey, isn't this guy with the LED-hat a famous fan from Germany? Don't remember his name right now.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 15, 2014 01:02

Voodoohat!

Good news about the Aussie dates, but am I the only fan who thinks these glorified type travelogue snippets that rs.com regularly upload are a waste of resources?

Would it kill them to post a complete live song every so often ? Usually, at best they might show about a minute or two of a song mixed in with some offstage or fan clips. God knows who they're supposed to be aimed at.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 15, 2014 01:05

I'm smiling so hard it hurts! The announcement will be just in time for my birthday, and plenty of time to schedule time off from work! After the show in Singapore, I have 4 great tickets to go and find myself hoping they add a date, or I might try for Brisbane ...lets see the dates oh yeah!!smileys with beer

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: April 15, 2014 01:25

kahoosier
I'm smiling so hard it hurts! The announcement will be just in time for my birthday, and plenty of time to schedule time off from work! After the show in Singapore, I have 4 great tickets to go and find myself hoping they add a date, or I might try for Brisbane ...lets see the dates oh yeah!!smileys with beer

Before the postponement there were regular priced pit tickets available for Brisbane- so you never know your luck!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 15, 2014 01:30

MAF

1:51: Hey, isn't this guy with the LED-hat a famous fan from Germany? Don't remember his name right now.

Yes, it's Ulrich Schröder, owner of the Stones Fan Museum in Lüchow, Germany. He is also to see from behind on one of the last pages in the Book 'The Rolling Stones: 50'.

Date: April 15, 2014 03:56

Waiting, waiting...

Date: April 15, 2014 04:53

I posted this info on Frontiers FB page and an hour or so later it was deleted.

With the sad ACDC news dominating the news today will they hold off ?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 15, 2014 05:12

rubyeveryday
When is April 15th?

The day after April 14th.

Date: April 15, 2014 06:13

Extra Perth show and Hunter Valley added!!

Date: April 15, 2014 06:14

THE ROLLING STONES CONFIRM RESCHEDULED AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND DATES

The Rolling Stones today confirmed the rescheduled dates and venues for the postponed Australian and New Zealand leg of their 14 ON FIRE Tour.

The rescheduling of the tour to October/November has also allowed for two additional concerts to be added to the tour – one at Perth Arena on Saturday 1 November 2014 and the other at Hope Estate in the Hunter Valley on Saturday 15 November 2014.

The new tour dates are:

NEW DATE OLD DATE VENUE
Saturday 25 October 2014 Saturday 22 March 2014 Adelaide Oval
Wednesday 29 October 2014 Wednesday 19 March 2014 Perth Arena
Saturday 01 November 2014 NEW SHOW Perth Arena
Wednesday 5 November 2014 Friday 28 March 2014 Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
Saturday 8 November 2014 Sunday 30 March 2014 Hanging Rock, Macedon
Wednesday 12 November 2014 Tuesday 25 March 2014 Sydney Allphones Arena
Saturday 15 November 2014 NEW SHOW Hope Estate, Hunter Valley
Tuesday 18 November 2014 Wednesday 2 April 2014 Brisbane Entertainment Centre
Saturday 22 November 2014 Saturday 5 April 2014 Auckland Mt Smart Stadium
Ticket holders who are able to attend the rescheduled date need take no action, their existing ticket will remain valid and their location within the venue will remain unchanged.

Fans unable to attend the new shows are asked to secure a refund from their original point of purchase prior to 5pm (local time to the venue) on Monday 28 April 2014. Refunds can be secured through:

Perth | Ticketek.com.au | Ph: 132 849

Adelaide | Ticketek.com.au | Ph: 132 849

Sydney | Ticketek.com.au | Ph: 132 849

Melbourne | Ticketek.com.au | Ph: 132 849

Hanging Rock | Ticketmaster.com.au | Ph: 136 100

Brisbane | Ticketek.com.au | Ph: 132 849

Auckland | Ticketmaster.co.nz | Ph: 0800 111 999

Any refunded tickets will be made available to purchase from 10am (local time to the venue) on Friday 2 May, 2014 from the above listed ticketing outlets.

Pre-sale tickets for the new Perth and Hunter Valley shows will be available via www.frontiertouring.com/rollingstones from noon AEST Tuesday 29 April 2014 until noon AEST Wednesday 30 April (or earlier if pre-sale allocation is exhausted). Head to the site for further details.

A FAQ regarding the concerts and their rescheduling is available at www.frontiertouring.com/rollingstones and www.facebook.com/frontiertouring

Special guests have also been confirmed as rock legends Jimmy Barnes for the Adelaide show and the Hunters & Collectors for the Auckland show. Special guests will also be shortly announced for the Hanging Rock and Hunter Valley concerts.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 15, 2014 06:28

Jimmy Barnes!? My sympathies to Adelaide fans.

Date: April 15, 2014 06:35

We are away!

Barnes Fail.
Hope he doesn't get up with stones.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: April 15, 2014 06:51

Why do they give NZ audiences an Old Australian Band that had two hits here 28 years ago is beyond me, Ok if it has to be an Aussie band then why not Airbourne or Jet, Heck I saw the Hoodoo Gurus at the Grand Prix in Melbourne a few weeks back and they were fine....Hunters and Collectors are lame.....

Heck a late breaking idea, why not Shihad at least they are under 40 and have some energy

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 15, 2014 07:10

The Stones are staying with a Saturday night Auckland concert..Friday/Saturday nights are the best for any concert yea smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Ruskafarian ()
Date: April 15, 2014 07:20

Cristiano Radtke

The version of YGMR which plays in this clip... anyone know where it's from?

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: April 15, 2014 07:31

Barnesy for Adelaide. Good prediction on my part, we should have had a bet.

Agreed that he can't quite sing like he used to, which up until a few years ago was with an inhuman amount of range and power.

There are still plenty of live youtube vids from the last few years demonstrating his unique vocal talent on a good night. Look for vids of him with American Nashville star Keith Urban. Or Hold On or When Something is Wrong with my Baby with Guy Sebastian (also from Adelaide) and the MG's in Sydney. Amazing.

One day I'll post up an OT thread with a few of his live songs across the years.
I was never a fan growing up, but his talent has to be respected in my view.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-15 07:38 by Macnee2.

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: April 15, 2014 07:49

SKILLS
Why do they give NZ audiences an Old Australian Band that had two hits here 28 years ago is beyond me, Ok if it has to be an Aussie band then why not Airbourne or Jet, Heck I saw the Hoodoo Gurus at the Grand Prix in Melbourne a few weeks back and they were fine....Hunters and Collectors are lame.....

Heck a late breaking idea, why not Shihad at least they are under 40 and have some energy

What about a real NZ act like Keith Urban or Crowded House/Split Enz?
Crowdies/Enz have had far more hits than Hunters and Collectors ever did.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 15, 2014 09:56

Surprised to see first reactions being responses to the support acts (who cares, to be honest? I don't think there are any opening bands at most of the Europe gigs, which is fine with me). You've got all the gigs rescheduled plus two new ones, surely that's great news?

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 15, 2014 10:56

The dates are out, I have already put in for leave and been to a travel agent. I want a second Perth and a Brisbane ticket, and am then hoping for a total of 5 shows in the pit and the Auckland show. I am so excited I cannot stop grinning!!Anyone coming to Aucklamd I have guest room a spare bath a huge couch and plenty of floor space, asl Little Queenie hahhahah!! YES ITS 14 ON FIRE!!! hot smiley

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: April 15, 2014 12:23

Aquamarine
Surprised to see first reactions being responses to the support acts (who cares, to be honest? I don't think there are any opening bands at most of the Europe gigs, which is fine with me). You've got all the gigs rescheduled plus two new ones, surely that's great news?

Because we get so few gigs here mate we like the whole experience to be first class.

1995 Auckland, supported by local band the Exponents, unreal honour for our local heroes.

2006 Auckland, supporrted by Knickleback.....totally weird experience for an audience too afraid to admit liking a bunch of Canadians who to be honest were dominating the world rock charts but were just very uncool, so it was like here's my favourite song (photograph, saving me etc) and couldn't get into it because it's a stones gig and this ain't rock and roll enough

...now Iggy Pop is a support act...remember BarneStorming all you locals, blew the main act away.

So for us Antipodeans the whole day is to be experienced, I can't imagine how freaking cool 81 must've been with George, Journey and Prince in LA.

So forgive us our support act interest....

Believe me, it's really only the Stones that matter, but allow us to be a tad greedy, we only get them 6 times in 50 years 3 before i could walk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-15 12:24 by SKILLS.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 15, 2014 12:42

Aquamarine

Stadium shows don't have support acts.

The anxiety is over the longer outdoor shows.

There's no purgatory worse than sitting in a cold field being forced to listen to Jimmy Barnes. That's why I care.

Instead of being rewarded/praised/loved for being a fan of the Stones, we're being punished. A cruel and unusual punishment.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1947
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home