Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
In praise of Lisa Fischer (including 2014 shows)
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: April 12, 2014 21:38

Love her energy and of course her voice. Couple of random videos

Never saw this before:

and of course

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-06 05:27 by 2000 LYFH.

Re: In praise of Lisa Fischer
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 12, 2014 22:44

Indeed, she does a terrific job. The Stones choice of extras is extraordinary.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 12, 2014 22:49

She is a great singer but often times her performances seem inappropriate. Smiling while singing about rape/murder on Gimme Shelter. Happy dancing (just like Chuck's plinky plinky piano) on Midnight Rambler...

I only wish Jagger would put together setlists that really use her talent. The two of them could do some cool Otis Redding tracks for sure.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 12, 2014 23:49

She's good but I couldnt care less of her as part of the Stones live group. Not her fault.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2014 05:04

flacnvinyl
She is a great singer but often times her performances seem inappropriate. Smiling while singing about rape/murder on Gimme Shelter. Happy dancing (just like Chuck's plinky plinky piano) on Midnight Rambler...

I only wish Jagger would put together setlists that really use her talent. The two of them could do some cool Otis Redding tracks for sure.

You want her to look horrified?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 13, 2014 05:24

I think the first clip comes from the Voodoo Lounge Cd-ROM. Remember that?

Havent seen that (or been able to view it) for many years. It was great fun at the time.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 13, 2014 06:58

treaclefingers
flacnvinyl

You want her to look horrified?

No, but she doesn't have to look 'happy' about it. Then again, Lisa and Bernard are line-dancing the whole show, so it probably feels like a Vegas act to them too.

Bottom line... Lisa has so much untapped potential. She did a PHENOMENAL job on Night Time Is The Right Time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-13 07:01 by flacnvinyl.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 13, 2014 07:19

I like Lisa but I always thought she was better fitted for the soul/funk genre. Like with Luther Vandross. She had a soul carrier of her own when she met up with the Stones.
Funnily, that goes for Darryl as well. I still think she's more into soul than rock and roll...

I guess she had the right look (and talent) to be hired in the first place. I can think of few women sexier than Lisa in her heydays...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 13, 2014 07:55

I praise Lisa for 30 seconds into this video:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-13 07:55 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: April 13, 2014 08:08

She can sing but I've never thought her voice suits the Stones. Perfect diction and "oolala'ing" isn't what they've ever been about. The "here it comes again" spot in GS was interesting for about 30 seconds in 1994 but since then is a reason I could do without the song live. It's as interesting as Keith repeatedly doing his silly piano bit on HTW and "it's great to be anywhere" line. No spontaneity at all is better than manufactured spontaneity. Jagger throws his voice onto it all of the time as is too lazy I guess to actually put any genuine emotion into the track and she gets a spot and I've no idea why.

She's not a Stone and no matter how great her voice may be to some there are millions out there that can sing just as well and don't take up visual Rolling Stones time at their concerts.

Bobby having the spotlight for the BS solo I get. Lisa I don't.

Date: April 13, 2014 09:40

This video and that picture of Keith fooling around on the piano with good ol chuck is the perfect example of Vegas-Stones.

RollingFreak
I praise Lisa for 30 seconds into this video:

Date: April 13, 2014 09:43

Somebody made this video and it's not fair of course. Merry Clayton's studio vocals are the best in the history of rock. Lisa is touring with them and sings the same song every night.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 13, 2014 09:49

I guess touring with the Stones is, in many ways, an enviable position. You'll get to see the world, travel in comfort, meet interesting people and get paid well enough, I'm sure, to survive between tours.
And you don't have to suffer from to much media attention like "our boys" do.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2014 19:19

OzHeavyThrobber
She can sing but I've never thought her voice suits the Stones. Perfect diction and "oolala'ing" isn't what they've ever been about. The "here it comes again" spot in GS was interesting for about 30 seconds in 1994 but since then is a reason I could do without the song live. It's as interesting as Keith repeatedly doing his silly piano bit on HTW and "it's great to be anywhere" line. No spontaneity at all is better than manufactured spontaneity. Jagger throws his voice onto it all of the time as is too lazy I guess to actually put any genuine emotion into the track and she gets a spot and I've no idea why.

She's not a Stone and no matter how great her voice may be to some there are millions out there that can sing just as well and don't take up visual Rolling Stones time at their concerts.

Bobby having the spotlight for the BS solo I get. Lisa I don't.

come on Kyle, she ain't half bad, and was great to look at in the day!

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 13, 2014 19:40

flacnvinyl
Happy dancing (just like Chuck's plinky plinky piano) on Midnight Rambler...

I thought Lisa and Bernard went off stage for Rambler?

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 13, 2014 19:44

Her performance in GS from Sweet Summer Sun is awesome.

Date: April 13, 2014 22:39

No I agree with Oz. Not that there's anything wrong with Lisa Fisher, she, Bernard and Chuck are just not part of "my Stones".

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: April 13, 2014 22:47

Her performances on Shelter have gotten worse over the years. Voodoo Lounge was the peak. If she toned down the gospel-like sounds on a bunch of songs I could live with her.

Date: April 13, 2014 23:02

Hey Kyle M. Monkey Man from long ago? :-)

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 13, 2014 23:09

Lisa is great and has always fitted in well with a Rolling Stones performance.

She is a great gal,and people who have met her say how nice she is.

I can well believe that.

Good on yer Lisa. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: April 14, 2014 03:28

Lisa is an incredible vocalist. It is apparent Mick Jagger thinks so. Reading comments about her better off singing r/b, soul, and funk can be irritating. What music has deeply and always influenced the Stones? No, she is not a "Stone" and I believe she has never expressed any desire to be one.She supports Mick's vocals and does a fine job. No matter how people feel about her it is Mick and Keiths choice and decision to sing on the songs they wrote. I believe she has been with them for 25 years, so whenever you see the Stones live you will hear Lisa. I love her singing. She is really good outside of the Stones as well.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 14, 2014 13:32

Lisa Fischer is the best duet partner for Sir Mick Jagger, especially in 'Gimme Shelter'. She's also my favorite backup singer.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 14, 2014 15:17

In my opinion, backup vocals should be done by Keith and Ronnie. But I'll take whatever they dish out.

It was nice having Miss Fischer back on GS, for Newark 1.

The girl has paid her dues and on most nites, she nails GS.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 14, 2014 15:31

MingSubu
In my opinion, backup vocals should be done by Keith and Ronnie. But I'll take whatever they dish out.

It was nice having Miss Fischer back on GS, for Newark 1.

The girl has paid her dues and on most nites, she nails GS.

True. But like you and many here, I would love to hear Keith singing backup again.

Date: April 14, 2014 16:29

He is still doing that wonderfully on WH, RT and DF. More Keith, please!

That said, Lisa does great on back up vocals.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 14, 2014 19:55

Lisa rules.

No Lisa, no Stones!

C

Date: April 14, 2014 20:18

HOLY MOLY - Go to youtube and type in Lisa Fischer Tribute.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: April 14, 2014 21:35

I had the good fortune to be at the Macau show, and it was the best Gimme Shelter I've ever seen. Spine tingling - much of it due to Lisa's awesome performance. I think overall, she's an asset to the band. Can do without her barking 'Satisfaction!' on some of the shows I've listened to, but for the most part I think she's pretty good.

Lisa Fischer In Toronto 22 April
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 17, 2014 16:35

“I’m going to look at the schedule and in between working with the Stones, I’m just going to venture out — just sing for the pure joy of it,” she promises.

[www.thestar.com]

hot smiley

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: April 17, 2014 18:15

Redhotcarpet
No I agree with Oz. Not that there's anything wrong with Lisa Fisher, she, Bernard and Chuck are just not part of "my Stones".

That must be pretty sad, since they´ve been a part of the touring band for like 30 years or so.....

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1334
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home