Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Being able to buy 8 tickets at once is a bad thing...
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: April 10, 2014 18:33

As I had to buy almost every ticket on the second market because the first one is sold out, I have hard feelings with a system that allows purchasers to syphon the whole lot of tickets in an hour or so.

Blame is mostly to put on the huge amount of tickets you may buy at once - 8 or 10 ? Who needs to 8 tickets at once, except scalpers? Whatever, if you were allowed to buy 4 at most, it would leave more buyers with a smaller number of tickets for each one. Restriction, as it has been done with pre Stones sales (2002-2003), on the use of the same banking card, would also slow down the suckers...

However, I notice that some of IORReans, smartly I should say, buy many tickets at once, not for profit, but to do fair trade with others fans. Meaning if you have 8 tickets on a hot spot in ONE show, you can easily have good seats in other shows by trading... But I had never the mind for that, "I need 2 seats, but I buy 8 and I see it later".
This is said without looking at the interest of the organizer and Ticketmaster, which is obviously to sell on the fastest way on the largest possible scale, thus lowering the cost of the selling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-10 18:35 by The Joker.

Re: Being able to buy 8 tickets at once is a bad thing...
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 10, 2014 18:48

I couldn't agree more Joker. It was a huge problem for the Paris show. But I'm travelling there anyway, with or without a ticket. I know I'll get in because the touts (scalpers) won't be able to sell them all so the price will fall - it always does winking smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 10, 2014 18:56

It seems for a lot of concerts there are pre-sales with smaller quantity maximums (2 or 4 tickets), so by the time the general seats go on sale with the 8 ticket maximum, there are only crap (am I allowed to say that?) seats left.

I like the idea of of fanclub presales where for between $10 and $40 you can join a fanclub and have access to truly good seats (not like what the Stones did a few years back)

Posted by: belld ()
Date: April 10, 2014 19:09

The Joker
As I had to buy almost every ticket on the second market because the first one is sold out, I have hard feelings with a system that allows purchasers to syphon the whole lot of tickets in an hour or so.

Blame is mostly to put on the huge amount of tickets you may buy at once - 8 or 10 ? Who needs to 8 tickets at once, except scalpers? Whatever, if you were allowed to buy 4 at most, it would leave more buyers with a smaller number of tickets for each one. Restriction, as it has been done with pre Stones sales (2002-2003), on the use of the same banking card, would also slow down the suckers...

However, I notice that some of IORReans, smartly I should say, buy many tickets at once, not for profit, but to do fair trade with others fans. Meaning if you have 8 tickets on a hot spot in ONE show, you can easily have good seats in other shows by trading... But I had never the mind for that, "I need 2 seats, but I buy 8 and I see it later".
This is said without looking at the interest of the organizer and Ticketmaster, which is obviously to sell on the fastest way on the largest possible scale, thus lowering the cost of the selling.
Understand your observations however I have organised tickets for family and friends over many years, real Stones fans spanning 5 decades. We have required up to 14 tickets on a regular basis for gigs in Europe since 1981. Always a challenge particularly before global bank carding was common.
To reward the real fans local to each venue approx. 60% of tix should be by queue only. 2 Days partying on the street with fellow Stones fans is a blast.
Memories.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-10 19:12 by belld.

Date: April 10, 2014 19:15

BluzDude
It seems for a lot of concerts there are pre-sales with smaller quantity maximums (2 or 4 tickets), so by the time the general seats go on sale with the 8 ticket maximum, there are only crap (am I allowed to say that?) seats left.

I like the idea of of fanclub presales where for between $10 and $40 you can join a fanclub and have access to truly good seats (not like what the Stones did a few years back)

Couldn't agree more Bluzdude, it really is a shame that the fanclub wasn't/isn't organised enough to make that work.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: April 10, 2014 19:16

The Joker
However, I notice that some of IORReans, smartly I should say, buy many tickets at once, not for profit, but to do fair trade with others fans. Meaning if you have 8 tickets on a hot spot in ONE show, you can easily have good seats in other shows by trading...

its the best way to prepare for a tour when you go to many shows smiling smiley this time i didnt do this... i only go to 3 shows this time.. and.. it wasnt hard to get tickets smiling smiley

Menno

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: April 10, 2014 19:50

Some people have very large families. In those cases, even eight tickets are insufficient to get everyone into the venue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1633
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home