Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Your Biggest Stones Regret
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 3, 2014 00:16

Miss them at the Olympia 1995.Grrr !!!

HMN

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: April 3, 2014 03:46

SomeTorontoGirl
Other than living in or near Toronto all my life and not seeing them live until 2003? (Head smack!)

alieb
I regret not going to the Toronto concerts in May/June. I was finishing up my last year of high school with no job... but now I've gotten more into the Stones then I was then (I'm 18 so I feel I can be excused) and I likely won't ever get another chance to see them.

They'll be back. Start saving.
I sure hope for both of our sakes that you're right!

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: April 3, 2014 09:03

not going to the Shanghai concert in 2006,and living in China.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: April 6, 2014 21:48

missed my ticket for Paradiso
had the change to buy a guitar of mick
did not do it

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 8, 2014 09:03

flacnvinyl
andrea66
1)i went to every tour since 1982, but in 2012/2013 i was so pissed off for ticket prices that i didn't go.

That is not a regret, that is a legitimate complaint.

Well, theatre tickets were very inexpensive on the Licks tour! Around $50 face value. Of course it required great effort but it was worth it; prohibitive cost was not a factor for those shows, they just required due diligence.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 8, 2014 12:39

Bill Wyman getting only two songs last year, and not appearing with the band the same time as Taylor. OK, that's two regrets.

Date: April 8, 2014 12:46

Not going to the Taylor/Wood-show in London, when Bjørnulf had tickets ready for me... angry smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 8, 2014 15:37

DandelionPowderman
Not going to the Taylor/Wood-show in London, when Bjørnulf had tickets ready for me... angry smiley
y

I'm sure seeing all of the Euro 14 On Fire shows will make up for it?

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 12, 2014 09:09

Buckingham
had the chance to buy a guitar of Mick's.
did not do it

What kind of guitar? How much was it? Why didn't you buy it?

Date: April 12, 2014 16:48

Asking everyone for their biggest regret is asking all for a personal experience or opinion. I posted mine and it was taken down.
I would really like to know why.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-12 16:59 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: silvertrain ()
Date: April 12, 2014 17:36

Congratulations for this thread, mates. Really interesting and enjoyable for a constantly English language learner, so much richness of vocabulary.
My small regret: when keith and the winos played in Zeleste, Barcelona (very small venue) in December 1992. They played two shows, but only attended the second. I have attended all stones-related shows in Barcelona, except this one. Guess it's a stain in my curriculum????

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 12, 2014 18:50

Not a stain no : you saved your hearing!
Two 130 dB's X-Winos shows in 2 days... Ouch! grinning smiley

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 12, 2014 21:52

On page 3 (if I can remember correctly) on the long thread of various Stones with famous folks, there is a picture of Ronnie Wood in the audience at a pool/snooker tournament. I know the Stones, in particular Keith & Ronnie are into shooting pool/playing snooker. I don't know if I ever brought this up in previous posts, but my older brother who is semi-retired from the game, was a world-class pool player in the United States who played professionally during the 1980's and 1990's by the name of Mike Sigel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Sigel). My brother was on Wide World of Sports on several occasions and became the technical advisor on a movie called the Color of Movie in the mid 1980's in which he taught Tom Cruise how to shoot pool.
Anyway, my big regret is that Mike had the opportunity on two occasions to connect with the Stones to play for and/or give a free lesson to Keith and/or Ronnie. The first incident is the one that I remember most which was in 1989 when the Stones were playing at the Convention Center in Atlantic City around the time of the pay per view show. Coincidentally, my brother and a bunch of his cohorts were playing in a nearby pool tournament in Atlantic City. Some of the pool players somehow connected with the Stones organization and my brother and his friends got front-row tickets for one of the Atlantic City shows. Here is the kicker-before show-time, my brother and some of his pool playing buddies were given the go ahead to go backstage and shoot some pool on a table with Ronnie and Keith. My brother-who doesn't really listen to the Stones (and didn't like the show because it was too loud for him) and doesn't think their a big deal-DECLINED-while another fellow pool player went backstage and met the two. Needless to say, my brother never heard the end of it from me (to this day).

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 13, 2014 02:58

Sighunt
On page 3 (if I can remember correctly) on the long thread of various Stones with famous folks, there is a picture of Ronnie Wood in the audience at a pool/snooker tournament. I know the Stones, in particular Keith & Ronnie are into shooting pool/playing snooker. I don't know if I ever brought this up in previous posts, but my older brother who is semi-retired from the game, was a world-class pool player in the United States who played professionally during the 1980's and 1990's by the name of Mike Sigel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Sigel). My brother was on Wide World of Sports on several occasions and became the technical advisor on a movie called the Color of Movie in the mid 1980's in which he taught Tom Cruise how to shoot pool.
Anyway, my big regret is that Mike had the opportunity on two occasions to connect with the Stones to play for and/or give a free lesson to Keith and/or Ronnie. The first incident is the one that I remember most which was in 1989 when the Stones were playing at the Convention Center in Atlantic City around the time of the pay per view show. Coincidentally, my brother and a bunch of his cohorts were playing in a nearby pool tournament in Atlantic City. Some of the pool players somehow connected with the Stones organization and my brother and his friends got front-row tickets for one of the Atlantic City shows. Here is the kicker-before show-time, my brother and some of his pool playing buddies were given the go ahead to go backstage and shoot some pool on a table with Ronnie and Keith. My brother-who doesn't really listen to the Stones (and didn't like the show because it was too loud for him) and doesn't think their a big deal-DECLINED-while another fellow pool player went backstage and met the two. Needless to say, my brother never heard the end of it from me (to this day).

that is really a bugger.

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: April 13, 2014 20:14

That I was too young to see the Stones with Mick Taylor when he was in the band in the early seventies. That would've been something!smoking smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 14, 2014 09:48

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 14, 2014 12:59

I actually regret skipping the O2 shows last november.

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: April 14, 2014 18:51

I waited for them in Palace Hotel-Madrid after a show.
They arrived separately in vans.
Keith absolutely drunk, he clashed against a little tree;
Mick and Ronnie apologized in the distance,
they were too tired..

Only Watts signed his autograph.

Well, at least got one of them. I met him once again and signed too, a perfect gentleman. I'm not saying the others are not...

------------------

Bilbao cancelled show, 98.

"Spain73"
Zurich & Paris & Madrid- 2014

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-14 18:54 by spain73.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: April 14, 2014 20:44

I agree w/ Andrea66,

I was going to multiple shows on every tour since '81. I stopped as the cost of a flight from FL to NY was cheaper than a decent seat. I am good at scalping ...but was expressing my distaste in the amount fans were being asked to pay.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1626
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home