Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Your Biggest Stones Regret
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 29, 2014 17:14

Easy, a friend offered me a ticket to see the Stones at Echoplex pre tour gig in LA last year and I was too busy at work to make the trip to the west coast. Of course they played the one song with Taylor I've been waiting for all my life, Love in Vain.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: March 29, 2014 17:22

That I can't afford a ticket and travel to Circo Massimo on my 28th birthday sad smiley

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: March 29, 2014 17:24

I regret not buying more copies of all those early albums. Those suckers are going for big bucks these days and I'm not giving up the ones I have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-29 17:25 by mighty stork.

Posted by: DubuqueStonesFan ()
Date: March 29, 2014 17:29

Saturday Sept 10, 2005 Soldier Field Chicago

2 great tickets, my wife said "no, sell them, we need the money", didn't go and never sold the tickets....lost twice as I missed the show and ate the cost of the tickets

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 29, 2014 17:38

treaclefingers
kleermaker
treaclefingers
...actually, I should say it was not running away from home in 1981 to see the Stones in Seattle, when my parents didn't let me go.

Nah, nothing to regret.

Are you saying that because Mick was singing two octaves lower on that tour with his 'coke-addled' voice, or was it because of the football pants?

Because of his bad Elvis imitation on Twenty Flight Rock.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 29, 2014 17:44

Living in southeast Michigan as I do, I regret not volunteering to be part of the on-field audience for the 2006 Super Bowl performance. It would have required taking a week off from work (without pay) just to see them play for 12 minutes, but if I had known at the time that it was going to be their final Detroit appearance, I might have done it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 29, 2014 17:44

kleermaker
treaclefingers
kleermaker
treaclefingers
...actually, I should say it was not running away from home in 1981 to see the Stones in Seattle, when my parents didn't let me go.

Nah, nothing to regret.

Are you saying that because Mick was singing two octaves lower on that tour with his 'coke-addled' voice, or was it because of the football pants?

Because of his bad Elvis imitation on Twenty Flight Rock.

True, I much prefer Paul McCartney's bad Elvis impersonation.

Actually, MJ's Elvis impersonation in Charlie Is My Darling is classic.

Posted by: varv ()
Date: March 29, 2014 18:16

Not being able to see the Stones with Brian Jones.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 29, 2014 18:26

DubuqueStonesFan
Saturday Sept 10, 2005 Soldier Field Chicago

2 great tickets, my wife said "no, sell them, we need the money", didn't go and never sold the tickets....lost twice as I missed the show and ate the cost of the tickets

mama, how did that happen?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-29 18:27 by EddieByword.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 29, 2014 18:29

andrea66
1)i went to every tour since 1982, but in 2012/2013 i was so pissed off for ticket prices that i didn't go.

That is not a regret, that is a legitimate complaint.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 29, 2014 18:40

flacnvinyl
andrea66
1)i went to every tour since 1982, but in 2012/2013 i was so pissed off for ticket prices that i didn't go.

That is not a regret, that is a legitimate complaint.

Perhaps he's regretting that he was so pissed off, and didn't go?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 29, 2014 18:50

That they never came back to New Orleans after their abysmally attended show in 1994. It would've been great to see the BRIDGES and LICKS tours.

Posted by: fredlynn19 ()
Date: March 29, 2014 23:16

not seeing them at Fenway Park. Bad move as a die hard SOx fan to miss the Stones at Fenway

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: March 30, 2014 00:10

Being a wee bit TOO hammered at their last stop in Salt Lake. I have only fleeting memories of the performance, including Rain Fall Down and Under My Thumb. A shame because it could be the last time.
T@3

Posted by: frtg55 ()
Date: March 30, 2014 00:16

For never see them in a small venue!
It's really a shame...
Too much stadium shows in Europe since 1982!

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 30, 2014 01:14

Currently = horrific - safe - set lists

Posted by: moonlightmile85 ()
Date: March 30, 2014 06:14

Actually spending money to buy a copy of 'Dirty Work'.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: March 30, 2014 09:56

When backstage in San Francisco after sneaking in to the tour party....I should have taken a cube or two of their billiard chalk.....I think about how neat it would be to have those cubes on my pool table.

Also, during this party, I lost the pick I caught from Keith during the show...still burns me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-30 18:03 by snorton.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: March 30, 2014 11:59

still not seen the stones live yet desperately waiting for them to do another show in london

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: March 30, 2014 12:40

Missing the 1982 and 1990 tours... not seeing them in a club show, for example during the 2003 tour.

sjouke

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-31 15:42 by Sjouke.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 30, 2014 13:48

My regret is not have the chance to bring my childern with us to a Rolling Stones concert.
Maybe in june we could travel to Madrid...............
This could be the very first oportunity (and surely the last) to bring them to meet the band that has ruled my life.. I don't know if it is a good idea. They are 7 and 10 years old. Maybe in the part of the stadium in which you can seat with no stress for the children.
The problem is my 10 years old son Victor, who has an urological problem that needs to go to toillette several times, he must drink a lot of water and he has an urostomy, a hole in his back connected to his ureter, so part of the urine drains to a bag attached on his back. We should get into the stadium with lot of water bottles and a bag with all the tools and supplies to change the urostomy bag in the case it drops.
Is there any place in the stadium in wich wse could be mor comfortable??
Maybe the best choice is to leave children at home

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 30, 2014 15:13

KeithNacho
My regret is not have the chance to bring my childern with us to a Rolling Stones concert.
This could be the very first oportunity (and surely the last) to bring them to meet the band that has ruled my life.. I don't know if it is a good idea. They are 7 and 10 years old. Maybe in the part of the stadium in which you can seat with no stress for the children.
The problem is my 10 years old son Victor, who has an urological problem that needs to go to toillette several times, he must drink a lot of water and he has an urostomy, a hole in his back connected to his ureter, so part of the urine drains to a bag attached on his back. We should get into the stadium with lot of water bottles and a bag with all the tools and supplies to change the urostomy bag in the case it drops.

KeithNacho, I think it's wonderful that you want to share the Stones with your children. I don't know about Europe, but in the US, you could request handicapped seating for your son. These seats are always close to exits and easy to get in and out of quickly. You should call the stadium and ask about it.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: March 30, 2014 16:49

I moved to NYC in the fall of '97 and was crashing on a friend's couch for the first couple of months. I still had my car and was planning on driving up to Port Chester for the MTV theater show, just to check out the scene. Just before I was about to leave, my friend/host got a phone call and, in a panic, told me that his girlfriend was on the way over and was going to beat the crap out of him because she heard he was having a little fun on the side. "You have to stay! It won't be as bad if you're here!" So I stayed... and found out about 15 years later (probably on this board) that it was pretty easy to get into the gig.

So yeah, missing the Stones in a theater - that still hurts.

At least I got to see my friend's girlfriend burst through the door and punch him in the face, though!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 30, 2014 17:10

For not putting myself on the waiting list for Werchter 2014 sooner.

Maybe i will be Lucky. and...am praying for GC Ticket for Paris.

Jeroen

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-30 21:55 by corriecas.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: March 30, 2014 17:24

I had a chance to see Ronnie with Bo Diddley and I passed.

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: March 30, 2014 17:32

Sjouke
Missing the 1882 and 1990 tours... not seeing them in a club show, for example during the 2003 tour.

sjouke

You missed the first one?!?!

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: March 30, 2014 18:00

slew
I had a chance to see Ronnie with Bo Diddley and I passed.

I saw this tour at a small club in San Jose....found Jo Wood in crowd...talked to her quite a bit.

Also talked to Ronnie a bit after the show, and Bo before the show, while waiting for Ronnie to show up...quite the evening.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-30 18:01 by snorton.

Posted by: mongennanji ()
Date: March 30, 2014 19:59

Late August, 1989, I flew over from Japan to America for a three-week holiday, and part of the purpose was catching The Rolling Stones live, who had never played in my country back then, on the Steel Wheels Tour that was officially sold out everywhere, according to the news source.
In Pittsburg, I bought a ticket from a person who had a spare ticket and kindly sold it to me at 35 dollars, a cover price plus fee. It was a good stand seat on the right side and relatively close to the stage. Lucky, I thought.
Then in Cincinnati, I tried a couple of touts. Both offered me a stand seat. The first one was 40 dollars, seeing the band from the right side. The second one 50 dollars, dead center. I chose the latter. 
I entered the huge stadium, took the seat and set my eyes on the stage over and beyond the ground, only to be gutted by what I saw. There was a tall, gigantic lighting tower that was blocking my view right in the middle. Soon the show time came. I never caught a sight of Mick and Charlie during the performance, except when the singer moved sideways. Seemingly all of the seats occupied in the block I was in, and unable to move somewhere I could secure a decent view, all I could do was staying there and giving an occasional glance at the screens left and right.

You know, there is a moment in life that you tell yourself, you can't always get what you want...

Posted by: HaroldJustin ()
Date: March 30, 2014 20:55

KeithNacho

I'd atleast call the stadium or organizer of that event and just ask them about handicap spots and accomodation during the concert. I bet i'd be an experience for both you and the kids =). There are always work arounds sittuations that are less than ideal.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 30, 2014 23:39

Seems to me they are too young to fully enjoy the Stones live. Especially because your son may become quite uncomfortable in a stadium setting.

Why not plan a Rolling Stones afternoon over a weekend and play part of the the 4 Flicks DVD? With refreshments...If the kids love what they're seeing and hearing, you can schedule yet another afternoon for them to see the entire DVD.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2195
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home