Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ticket delivery - can someone explain ?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 27, 2014 09:05

Can someone explain why, for example, one can buy a ticket through a vendor in Austria (in this instance oeticket.com) or Germany (eventim) and barely three days later be in physical possession of it at home, whereas in the UK here the modus operandi appears to be that irrespective of how far in advance of the date of the actual event you buy the ticket - you typically have to wait until 10 days or two weeks before the date in question before taking receipt of it ? I just do not understand how it can work one way for vendors based elsewhere in Europe, and another way here in the UK ?

Anyone ?

I'm still reeling from shock having bought a ticket for the Vienna show on Tuesday 25th, and according to the shipment tracking information - will take delivery of it later today Thursday 27th !

If only Ticketmaster UK could work like this, but sadly it would seem that they CANNOT !! WHY though, I completely fail to comprehend ?

5********3 - Detailed Report

Date

Time

Location Service Area

Checkpoint Details

March 26, 2014 16:06 Vienna - Austria Shipment picked up
March 26, 2014 20:06 Vienna - Austria Processed at Vienna - Austria
March 26, 2014 20:47 Vienna - Austria Departed from DHL facility in Vienna - Austria
March 26, 2014 23:08 Bratislava - Slovakia Transferred through Bratislava - Slovakia
March 26, 2014 23:10 Bratislava - Slovakia Departed from DHL facility in Bratislava - Slovakia
March 27, 2014 00:40 Leipzig - Germany Arrived at DHL facility in Leipzig - Germany
March 27, 2014 01:35 Leipzig - Germany Processed at Leipzig - Germany
March 27, 2014 04:03 Leipzig - Germany Departed from DHL facility in Leipzig - Germany
March 27, 2014 04:12 London-Heathrow - UK Shipment on hold
March 27, 2014 04:16 London-Heathrow - UK Transferred through London-Heathrow - UK
March 27, 2014 04:52 London-Heathrow - UK Departed from DHL facility in London-Heathrow - UK
March 27, 2014 05:47 London-Heathrow - UK Arrived at DHL facility in London-Heathrow - UK
March 27, 2014 05:56 London-Heathrow - UK Processed at London-Heathrow - UK

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: Ticket delivery - can someone explain ?
Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 27, 2014 10:26

You should move to Germany! Hahha...
TM is a pain in the....

Date: March 27, 2014 10:33

Roadster32
You should move to Germany! Hahha...
TM is a pain in the....

cool smiley

Good one Hermann thumbs up

Yes, Ticketmaster UK is absolutely that, a royal pain in the a** !!

Posted by: ThinAir ()
Date: March 27, 2014 11:28

i guess their goal is making scalping harder by sending them out this late.

if you buy tickets for yourself you'll never have a problem with TM as they do reprint your ticket at the venue without much hassle in case it did not arrive.

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: March 27, 2014 11:30

My suggestion: move to vienna! Me, i bought the vienna tickets at 9.01, printed the receipt, and got my tickets for the whole family at the local oeticket shop the same morning! ;-)

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: March 27, 2014 11:34

I think there is no rule, it depends... I often bought tickets from UK, not only by TM, a lot of months before concerts annouced very early. They said that tickets will be shipped at least 2 weeks before the show or something, and indeed they did. I think it's to prevent the second market.

Date: March 27, 2014 11:38

MGetzner
My suggestion: move to vienna! Me, i bought the vienna tickets at 9.01, printed the receipt, and got my tickets for the whole family at the local oeticket shop the same morning! ;-)

I'll consider it !! winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2368
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home