Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

IORR - The Post Stones World
Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: March 27, 2014 09:01

This forum has, in the 12 years or so that I have read or participated, seemed to operate in cycle of tour anticipation, tour itself and tour reflection with an occasional flurry around increasingly rare record releases.

So, working on the basis that we are moving ever closer to the point where the Stones cease to be an active band it's interesting to wonder how a forum like this would progress once its focus of attention (the Stones) no longer tour or record (yeh, sorry boys and girls it will happen someday soon) and there is actually nothing fresh to discuss.

Will there still be an interest in discussion or will everyone check out and go home (a bit like the toy soldiers do at the start of Toy Story 3)? Will the forum wither and die?

Personally I like the idea of retreating to the coast and just listening to all the old records.

Re: IORR - The Post Stones World
Posted by: novica ()
Date: March 27, 2014 09:32

well, there's ALL TIME fresh discussions like :
-why, oh why Mick Taylor left the band...
-who's better Ronnie or Mick Taylor...
-is Mick Jagger REALLY wear a wig...
..and so on and on...
smileys with beer

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: March 27, 2014 10:16

The Stones music will live forever, we've been lucky to have them on and off for over 50 years.

So much we can look back on and discuss

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: March 27, 2014 11:20

How soon that day will happen?
It is possible there is 55 tour....60 year tour?
This tour 2014 IS NOT last.Im sure.
There is very much money for Stones to catch.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: March 27, 2014 11:44

Hmmm... They've released only two new songs in the last eight years, neither of which involved substantial writing collaboration between Jagger and Richards. There are no plans to record their first studio album since 2005. So we might already be at a point where they're no longer recording, and all they're doing is limited live work.

If that's the case, we'll learn to get by with the old albums and an endless stream of reissues and vault releases. For the time being, I haven't had enough time to submerge myself in the recent Blu-ray audio editions of Exile and Let It Bleed (my two favorite Stones albums). I'm also looking forward to the upcoming vinyl reissue of Thru the Past Darkly.

Once we know for certain that there will be no new studio recording, an outtakes anthology, something along the lines of Dylan's first Bootleg Series release or Springsteen's Tracks, would be appropriate, so long as they can have access to everything that ABKCO owns and can refrain from putting any new overdubs onto old recordings.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: March 27, 2014 12:06

Date: March 27, 2014 12:07

RaahenTiikeri

Time waits for no one. Once the current round of shows ends it will be interesting to see what is announced. But once they break from this tour and take a rest period, factor in the time to plan and ramp up again...... I think they are on the final circuit.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: March 27, 2014 12:10

The Led Zeppelin official forum is quite active, and they haven't really been an active band since 1980.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 27, 2014 14:43

That's when we get to explain to the kids why Don't Stop was played live more than Sway, Can't You Hear Me Knockin', Torn & Frayed, Shine A Light and Stray Cat Blues combined. It promises to be informative and entertaining.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: March 27, 2014 15:30

I think for the die hards there will ALWAYS be something to discuss.

So far as new posts, there's always something to talk about.

I.e. How about an 'Undercover' appreciation thread? Lol

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-27 16:13 by Marhsall.

Date: March 27, 2014 15:44

I think were pretty much set up for a year. Didn't Mick say that about a hundred years ago?

Posted by: Cade ()
Date: March 27, 2014 16:00

So there's no Geriatric Tour planned for 2030...? sad smiley

Date: March 27, 2014 16:04

BlackHat
RaahenTiikeri

Time waits for no one. Once the current round of shows ends it will be interesting to see what is announced. But once they break from this tour and take a rest period, factor in the time to plan and ramp up again...... I think they are on the final circuit.

Somewhere during one of the upcoming "pit stops" we will get our new (and probably last) album. Should give us plenty to discuss right up until the 60th anniversary tour in 2022.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-27 16:04 by ThickerThanThieves.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 27, 2014 16:26

I have to be honest..I hope this is their last effort.
I simply dont think they can give anything else.
They certainly cant give anything in the studio, and keith is also dying as a guitarist. .and without him it wont be a band.

In regards to IORR website..well it will probably die like the band.
Especially when alot of the good folk are being banned for voicing an opinion.
Boards are meant to be discussions with pro and against comments. .that's what makes it so interesting.

I dont want to be here wanking myself over an interview with jagger after the band has retired, or a jazz pub show by charlie watts, or chatting about how good hyde park was or how good Glastonbury was..yawwnnnn..

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 27, 2014 16:41

erad
The Led Zeppelin official forum is quite active, and they haven't really been an active band since 1980.

I was just about to say this! winking smiley It gets new members every day, and there are many other Zep forums, too (all of which obviously started long after the band split). I predict Stones forums well into the 22nd century.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 27, 2014 16:45

"Boards are meant to be discussions with pro and against comments. .that's what makes it so interesting."

True. They are meant to be discussions. And this one is

But, just like real life... when someone says mean or vile or racist or ... you discontinue conversing with them. Then, you either continue to respectfully discuss with the other members of the group, or you leave. If everyone left, then all that would be left is the offenders. A lot of sites are like that. Bravo to bv for not letting this one turn into that.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 27, 2014 16:56

MisterDDDD
If everyone left, then all that would be left is the offenders. A lot of sites are like that.

See: Zeppelin forum.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: March 27, 2014 16:57

There is so much material (unreleased/live/rarities) that I honestly believe in 10,20,30 years time we will still be getting Stones music (and beyond even this).

We all want that final album though don't we. I don't want them to finish with ABB. When I saw them live three weeks ago they were simply incredible. Better than I had seen them for a long, long time. I would love them to bottle that magic and go into the studio for one last time.

Let's see. They owe us nothing after all.

Date: March 27, 2014 17:41

And finally (in a half century or so) when we finally run out of things to discuss, there will always be, Stones vs Beatles! Or, as a Beatle fan would say: Beatles vs Stones!

Date: March 27, 2014 17:47

Eleanor Rigby
They certainly cant give anything in the studio, and keith is also dying as a guitarist. .and without him it wont be a band.

Boards are meant to be discussions with pro and against comments. .that's what makes it so interesting.

I dont want to be here wanking myself over an interview with jagger after the band has retired, or a jazz pub show by charlie watts, or chatting about how good hyde park was or how good Glastonbury was..yawwnnnn..

Honestly, can't see them calling it quits before making one last trip to the studio to record a new album. Anything else is just frosting on the cake.

Date: March 27, 2014 18:18

ThickerThanThieves
Eleanor Rigby

Honestly, can't see them calling it quits before making one last trip to the studio to record a new album. Anything else is just frosting on the cake.

Perhaps for a blue album in the vein of Clapton's From The Cradle or Sessions For Robert J. We don't need another Jagger-Richards album.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 27, 2014 18:28

Kids around the world are getting turned on to the Stones every day, and most will never get to see the band on stage. They need to catch up on 70+ years of history, and decide what album or DVD to buy with their hard-earned pocket money. Web sites like IORR allow the experts to share their wisdom with the next generations. Hopefully IORR will outlive us.

Date: March 27, 2014 20:04

BlackHat
ThickerThanThieves
Eleanor Rigby

Perhaps for a blue album in the vein of Clapton's From The Cradle or Sessions For Robert J. We don't need another Jagger-Richards album.

Timing might just be right for a "Rolling Stones" album that would include the input of Mick Taylor and Ronnie Wood. And, Jack White!

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 27, 2014 22:25

when the sad day comes that the stones no longer are an active band there is still much to discuss.

there will be much concert footage needing released, a lot of vaults needing opened up that alone should keep interest in the stones going for a few more years.

after the band finish, im going to continue my collection of cd,s, dvd,s, vinyl collection and eventually buy a record player and spend the rest of my life discovering as much about the band as possible.

so plenty to look forward to.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 28, 2014 00:26

I am willing to use my medical knowledge , Beast's interpretive skills, and the incredible humanitarian values of Paulywauly as a networking social worker to establish a multi-national 12 step based detoxification and long term recovery program for the most serious fans. All they will need to do is wire a direct deposit equivalent to what they have spent on CDS , memorabilia, tickets, flights and hotels since the Steel Wheels tour into my checking account. For anyone that has ever dressed a schnauzer in a tonque sweater, named a cat Gomper or any other such frivolity, Little Queenie can attend to the phsychic damage wrought for an additional fee. hot smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1607
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home