Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: The purpose of IORR - and what it takes to get banned
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 28, 2014 15:31

And don't forget the thrill when you push the send button thinking "Will this post finally get me banned?" only to find out later that you're still not banned...

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 28, 2014 15:55

His Majesty
When will it be acceptable to discuss L'Wren's death, it's effect on Jagger and the stones, any quips Keith will probably come up with about it etc etc?

Brian Jones, his life, his character and his death has been discussed loads of times here with little to no concern about privacy or respect for the deceased or his living relations.

You can already discuss it... Just not here at IORR. As far as here at IORR, I'd say that right after bv starts a thread on the subject, you'll be able to discuss it. Until that time, I know I'm not going to start a thread on the subject.

BV -> Seeing as my wife sometimes refers to me as "just another child" that she has to deal with, I can only imagine what it must feel like to sometimes have your online living room filled with a bunch of extra children. Thanks for putting up with with us.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:09

Stoneage
And don't forget the thrill when you push the send button thinking "Will this post finally get me banned?" only to find out later that you're still not banned...

Did you ever have that experience yourself?
I got banned twice, but both times it were surprises for me.
Anyway, it requires at least one ban to be a real Iorrian.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:14

kleermaker

I got banned twice, but both times it were surprises for me.
Anyway, it requires at least one ban to be a real Iorrian.

winking smiley

Date: March 28, 2014 16:17

Spud

Like Tele says...there are different kinds of people ...and one sadly too common kind is the Insensitive Moron.

I guess you're one of those posters with an ironic or slightly black sense of humour.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:39

kleermaker
Spud

Like Tele says...there are different kinds of people ...and one sadly too common kind is the Insensitive Moron.

I guess you're one of those posters with an ironic or slightly black sense of humour.

...No I'm an insensitive moron...so your irony and black humour will be totally lost on me winking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:43

Spud
kleermaker
Spud

...No I'm an insensitive moron...so your irony and black humour will be totally lost on me winking smiley

How hard would it be to tell apart irony from a steely sense of humour?

Date: March 28, 2014 16:44

Dreamer
His Majesty
When will it be acceptable to discuss L'Wren's death, it's effect on Jagger and the stones, any quips Keith will probably come up with about it etc etc?

Brian Jones, his life, his character and his death has been discussed loads of times here with little to no concern about privacy or respect for the deceased or his living relations.

After a certain amount of time. When it just happened yesterday or a couple of days ago it's not possible nor appropriate. That's how it feels for most of us I guess.
So next year that will probably be possible...?

I think His M. has a point and a good question here, especially since Scott's dead has a great impact on Jagger and thus on the band. Her death itself seems a private matter to me and thus not subject to discussion.

In the case of Brian Jones there were (and still are) quite some questions and doubts about the cause of his death, so that's another matter. Anyway, it has always been a bit awkward to me that they did that free HP concert so quickly after his death with Jagger acting so extrovertly in his white gown. Certainly when one realizes that both he and Richards weren't present at his funeral. But all those things happened before Iorr existed, so that isn't a precedent.

Date: March 28, 2014 16:51

treaclefingers
Spud
kleermaker
Spud

I think iron sense of humour would be more appropriate. But they don't make men like that anymore. They're an extincting breed and should be protected.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:58

kleermaker
treaclefingers
Spud
kleermaker
Spud

I think iron sense of humour would be more appropriate. But they don't make men like that anymore. They're an extincting breed and should be protected.

And with this, the healing has begun.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:48

I didn't read all of this.

But I really ask myself what kind of people send reports to an editor reg. other users always and again. I've never been banned since 95 but I never reported someone else as well.And I don't like this kind of attitude . .

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 28, 2014 18:01

CousinC

But I really ask myself what kind of people send reports to an editor reg. other users always and again. I've never been banned since 95 but I never reported someone else as well.And I don't like this kind of attitude . .

thumbs up

Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: March 28, 2014 18:09

I like the site. I use it for news of the Stones and information on unreleased recordings. Running a site is a lot of work so hats off to BV for what he does.

Mark
The Rock and Roll Report
www.rockandrollreport.com
"Where Rock and Roll is still an adventure!"

Date: March 28, 2014 18:48

treaclefingers
CousinC

thumbs up

thumbs up

Me neither.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 28, 2014 18:53

FYI, The 1969 Hyde Park concert was organized more than a month before Brian's death.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 28, 2014 19:12

stonesrule
FYI, The 1969 Hyde Park concert was organized more than a month before Brian's death.

Less than a month.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 28, 2014 19:14

2120Wolf
We should all respect BV's time, dedication and hard work to his site that he invites the world into. We all share the common bond of passion and love for the Rolling Stones, their Music and Fascinating Adventures.

No, no we do not. Plenty of us on here are fans of particular long-gone eras of Stones music, are fans of individual members, or just have fond memories of the Stones as lynchpins of 60s counterculture - all legitimate reasons to contribute to this board - yet have no interest whatsoever in the dull corporate rock band they've long since become. You can be a Stones fan without toeing the company line, and that's all too often what happens here. (Disclaimer: I appreciate the work BV puts into IORR as much as the next guy and generally think that moderated web forums with rules are preferable to unmoderated free-for-alls.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 19:29 by Stoneburst.

Date: March 28, 2014 19:34

His Majesty
stonesrule

Less than a month.

And it could have been postponed.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 28, 2014 20:03

Green Lady
jazzbass

But BV, If you ever do decide to close it, call me. I'll buy it.

Get in there QUICK before bloody Facebook swallows us up!

I hear that! However, profile photos next to our names wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. I wanna see the lovely Green Lady!

Date: March 28, 2014 20:12

His Majesty, I was invited to attend the proposed July concert in late May 1969.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 20:21 by stonesrule.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 28, 2014 20:17

kleermaker
treaclefingers
CousinC

thumbs up

thumbs up

Me neither.
Agree with this. It would be better if that button didn't exist, it makes it too easy for those who get a kick out of "reporting" others. Can you imagine actually writing to the mod and whining that something someone wrote offended you? I can't

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 28, 2014 20:31

Rokyfan
kleermaker
treaclefingers
CousinC

thumbs up

thumbs up

Me neither.
Agree with this. It would be better if that button didn't exist, it makes it too easy for those who get a kick out of "reporting" others. Can you imagine actually writing to the mod and whining that something someone wrote offended you? I can't

thumbs up

Date: March 28, 2014 20:41

stonesrule
His Majesty, I was invited to attend the proposed July concert in late May 1969.

Are you sure it wasn't early - mid June?

I ask because they didn't have a replacement for Brian until Taylor said yes to the offer in early June and it seems unlikely that they would organise a concert until they had a confirmed replacement for Brian in place.

Organising Hyde Park in May 1969 makes no sense as Brian was still a member and they had yet to find or even confirm a replacent for him.

Taylor played with them for the first time on 30th/31st May 1969.

If I remember right, Wyman say's that Jagger got the idea for a Stones - Hyde Park concert when he attended the Blind Faith concert there on 7th June 1969, the day before Brian officially left the band.

The Hyde Park concert was anounced circa 13th June, which is when they held photo shoot with the new line up.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 20:53 by His Majesty.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 28, 2014 20:54

His Majesty
stonesrule

Are you sure it wasn't early - mid June because they didn't have a replacement for Brian until Tayloy said yes to the offer until that time and it seems unlikley that they would organise a concert until they had a confirmed replacement fo Brian in place.

Organising Hyde Park in May 1969 makes no sense as Brian was still a member and they had yet to find or even confirm a replacent for him.

Taylor played with them for the first time on 30th/31st May 1969.

If I remember right, Wyman say's that Jagger got the idea for a Stones - Hyde Park concert when he attended the Blind Faith concert there on 7th June 1969, the day before Brian officially left the band.

The Hyde Park concert was anounced circa 13th June, which is when they held photo shoot with the new line up.

In one of his last interviews, if not the last interview, Brian is asked if he'll attend the Hyde Park free concert to see his old band perform, and he cynically observes that they would probably charge him admission.

Planning shows like that would take some time I would think, because you've got to clear it with the City and so forth.

Date: March 28, 2014 20:56

Yes, I'm sure. Don't think an actual date was given to me when it was first mentioned. Blackhill Enterprises was keen to get the Stones to do Hyde Park.

As you may be aware 1969 was a time when Klein was holding back monies owed and the band certainly understood they had no time to lose if they were going to cement moving forward. Which ultimately led to the 1969 US tour.

MJ and KR had $ from their songwriting but Bill and Charlie did not. They had bills to pay.

Date: March 28, 2014 21:03

stonehearted

In one of his last interviews, if not the last interview, Brian is asked if he'll attend the Hyde Park free concert to see his old band perform, and he cynically observes that they would probably charge him admission.

Planning shows like that would take some time I would think, because you've got to clear it with the City and so forth.

No, that is some babble from supposed convo at Cotchford with Anna Wohlin etc.

Not long to organise as they were holding free concerts at Hyde Park since 1968.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 28, 2014 21:04

Some people use this thread to insult me. I am quite used to that. Just for the information, I do have a life, IORR is not important to my well behaving, I do not need to post on IORR to be happy, and I do not really bother if people say I am employed by NSA, KGB, if I am a nazi, communist, idiot or the numerous other names people call me. I do enjoy life, I have a thick skin, and unless people tell me they are sorry and apology for offending posts, I am way too busy to look into single posts or people who might have been banned for some good or bad reason. My e-mail address is all over IORR, if somebody want to talk to me please do it by e-mail and not by posting here. I might not have time to reply, but if you make it easy for me, short and easy to understand, I might look into it.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1704
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home