Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: The purpose of IORR - and what it takes to get banned
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 27, 2014 15:54

Amazing how some people in this thread completely ignore bv's comments. smoking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 27, 2014 16:06

Koen
Amazing how some people in this thread completely ignore bv's comments. smoking smiley

Some facts in live:

- IQ is unevenly distributed among people
- The apple falls close by the three
- Like parent like child
- People care mostly about themselves

Let's face the fact. When Mick is very close (or Keith), and they can talk to or face one and one person only, all you care about is yourself. I do know this. I see it all the time. In row one. Poeple push, friendships are gone, all we care about is getting closer to our favorites. Those who say something else are either not honest, or they are not really fans.

In fact the definition of a Stones fan - for me - is someone who want to be close to the Stones - or a Stone - as often as possible. Closer than other people. In Perth if they are in Perth. In Keith's private party if you are invited. At Charlie's guest appearance with Tim Ries if you could be there. Just admit it. You don't really care about the IORR editor...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 27, 2014 16:09

Redhotcarpet
High five Doxa. thumbs up Exactly how I feel and what Im a bit worried about at the moment. This site has some of the most insightful texts ever written about this band.

Exactly?? And 'insightful texts'?
I remember some posts coming from you of which I take this one as an example:

Weird how many fans pretend to be some kind of volontary PR agents against other fans who dare speculate about what just happened to one of the most celebrated persons ever. We all understand this is horrible to Mick and her family and friends.

Still, it's perfectly normal to discuss her death, Jagger is a public figure and his whole life is part of pop culture and he partly made it thanks to tabloids and speculations about different aspects of his personal life. Dont attack fans who try to discuss this tragic but - like it or not - intriguing story.

Creating space for yourself to continue to gossip is what you tried to do with this and other posts in the R.I.P. thread by using the freedom of speech wrongfully as Doxa referred to.
So with your intention and these words "...dare speculate..." "..perfectly normal to discuss her death..." "...try to discuss this intriguing story".. I would say your lucky you're still on this forum.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 27, 2014 16:13

From BV:

- Like parent like child
(this one's a beauty!!)

Totally CLASSIC!!

CE hot smiley

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: March 27, 2014 16:28

Aye aye, sir.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 27, 2014 16:37

Cocaine Eyes
From BV:

- Like parent like child
(this one's a beauty!!)

Totally CLASSIC!!

CE hot smiley

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I had the idea BV is a very serious guy but it's good to see he can be funny too!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 27, 2014 16:47

bv
Koen

Some facts in live:

- Like parent like child

Let's face the fact. When Mick is very close (or Keith), and they can talk to or face one and one person only, all you care about is yourself. I do know this. I see it all the time. In row one. Poeple push, friendships are gone, all we care about is getting closer to our favorites. Those who say something else are either not honest, or they are not really fans.

In fact the definition of a Stones fan - for me - is someone who want to be close to the Stones - or a Stone - as often as possible. Closer than other people. In Perth if they are in Perth. In Keith's private party if you are invited. At Charlie's guest appearance with Tim Ries if you could be there. Just admit it. You don't really care about the IORR editor...

Ha....I like to dance at a Stones show and to do that you've got to get away from the stage and find a space and not be pushed up against all those morons trying to touch the bottom of Mick's trousers or get a plectrum off Keith like it's a religious icon..............fan since '73 but no thanks to stageside........smoking smiley

Date: March 27, 2014 16:51

Well said, BV. Sad that bad events bring out the worst in people. Your comments are timely.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 27, 2014 16:53

Can I have your spot? winking smiley

and on the broader topic--I think sometimes it's important to recognize that internet forums are not democracies, and that nobody gets to belong to or stay in one by right. Just as if someone comes into my home and starts saying stuff I find offensive, I reserve the right to throw him/her out.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 27, 2014 17:03

Aquamarine

and on the broader topic--I think sometimes it's important to recognize that internet forums are not democracies, and that nobody gets to belong to or stay in one by right. Just as if someone comes into my home and starts saying stuff I find offensive, I reserve the right to throw him/her out.

Yeah, certainly, get in there.............cool smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 27, 2014 17:08

I'm not so convinced with that private home analogy though. Very few of us invites 2 million people into our homes during a year...

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: March 27, 2014 17:10

bv
silkcut1978_

The thing is that I spoke a lot about Mick's girl-friend at home and I probably didn't say the nicest things about her and the whole situation.

IORR is NOT your home. At home everybody do know you, you may pretty much say what you like, you may use irony, and you may even call me a nazi or a communist without any problems.

When you say the same on IORR, you say it to TWO MILLION PEOPLE. More than 100,000 people have currently read the L'Wren thread. I don't think you have 100,000 people of all religions, color of skin, culture, love, hate and so on at home, right?

This is a common misunderstanding. You can NOT say anything you want on IORR. You may tell your sister she has got ugly hair or a big ass, she might understand your irony with a smile. And the moment you say it, the words are gone. If you say the same on IORR, it will be read by thousands, it will be snapped up by internet crawlers like Google, and it will be there fort the rest of your life.

Internet is NOT the same as your home. You might leave the toilet seat wide open at home, but that does not work here. A public channel MUST comply to certain standards, being a newspaper, a blog, a forum or any public place.

Ok, ok - but would you mind to read my entire posting and the line I was refering to before you start to hit the keyboard? In this case you could have understand (maybe) that I was the one who questioned the silly phrase "do/write only on the net what you would do/say at home'.
But thanks for the lesson - and YOU write about IQ? Funny, isn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-27 17:12 by silkcut1978_.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: March 27, 2014 17:10

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-27 17:12 by silkcut1978_.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 27, 2014 17:27

Stoneage
I'm not so convinced with that private home analogy though. Very few of us invites 2 million people into our homes during a year...

well if you'd vacuum occasionally more people might feel like popping by.

Date: March 27, 2014 17:33

Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
From BV:

- Like parent like child
(this one's a beauty!!)

Totally CLASSIC!!

CE hot smiley

I had the idea BV is a very serious guy but it's good to see he can be funny too!

He's not bad, but he's going to have to sharpen it if he ever hopes to take on the big boys.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 27, 2014 17:38

Stoneage

You just won't get it?
There's no need convincing you!

Posted by: stillweldozer ()
Date: March 27, 2014 17:39

i just started on this board and hes right

mick and the guys havee shows lined up and are going to do them! stop speculatin and sit back and rock. bad stuff happens to everyone but they keep movin!

no sense in bein mean on the interrnet or anywhere. just mkes you look bad and the last thing this world needs is more bad stuff man

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 27, 2014 17:42

bv
You don't really care about the IORR editor...

I do.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 27, 2014 17:45

Stoneage

Your pedantic posts here have become beyond tedious.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 27, 2014 17:46

Koen

Notwithstanding that, I personally have found it a useful thread, especially reading BV's contributions. Coming from a standpoint that places a high value on freedom of expression (as long as it isn't defamatory or abusive) even of viewpoints I don't agree with, I admit to struggling with some of the editorial decisions and expressions of high moral outrage at discussion of matters well in the public domain in the main stream media. 'Good taste' seems to me a very ironic argument for any robust fan of the RS to mount for any form of self-censorship. But I do have considerable sympathy for BV's concerns in taking responsibility for this forum and more understanding, if not total agreement, for his viewpoint now. It is his party and we are guests. I am grateful for the hospitality.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 27, 2014 18:02

Another CLASSIC:

Amazing how some people in this thread completely ignore bv's comments.smoking smiley

And if I may add........in any thread! Geez.

hot smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 27, 2014 18:11

Well Stoned in Tokyo, I'm not that elated over your posts either. But I do remember you calling me a troll and wanted me banned from this forum...

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 27, 2014 18:13

Dreamer
Redhotcarpet
High five Doxa. thumbs up Exactly how I feel and what Im a bit worried about at the moment. This site has some of the most insightful texts ever written about this band.

Exactly?? And 'insightful texts'?
I remember some posts coming from you of which I take this one as an example:

Weird how many fans pretend to be some kind of volontary PR agents against other fans who dare speculate about what just happened to one of the most celebrated persons ever. We all understand this is horrible to Mick and her family and friends.

Still, it's perfectly normal to discuss her death, Jagger is a public figure and his whole life is part of pop culture and he partly made it thanks to tabloids and speculations about different aspects of his personal life. Dont attack fans who try to discuss this tragic but - like it or not - intriguing story.

Creating space for yourself to continue to gossip is what you tried to do with this and other posts in the R.I.P. thread by using the freedom of speech wrongfully as Doxa referred to.
So with your intention and these words "...dare speculate..." "..perfectly normal to discuss her death..." "...try to discuss this intriguing story".. I would say your lucky you're still on this forum.

I said insightful posts generally, thinking of Doxa, some of mine, and many others but especially Doxa and for some reason you chose to quote one post of mine about a topic that's already off topic, from a thread that is already closed. Please don't do that.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 27, 2014 18:24

Aquamarine

There is a reason why all serious online news sites require login and full name these days. They want to get rid of all the internet ghosts and hate people. Someone said recently that any discussion on internet sooner or later will be Hitlerized, meaning people compare to Adolf @#$%& and start calling each other communist, nazi and other hate words. Also, that is why all online sites close the comments fields at nights. The IORR forum is open 24/7/365. My job is to keep it open without it getting too much Hitlerized.

Bjornulf

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 27, 2014 18:35

treaclefingers
Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
From BV:

- Like parent like child
(this one's a beauty!!)

Totally CLASSIC!!

CE hot smiley

He's not bad, but he's going to have to sharpen it if he ever hopes to take on the big boys.

Yes there are standards to maintain. Ironic detachment is hard to hold on to because, ironically, it keeps getting detached.

Date: March 27, 2014 18:37

bv
Aquamarine

There is a reason why all serious online news sites require login and full name these days. They want to get rid of all the internet ghosts and hate people. Someone said recently that any discussion on internet sooner or later will be Hitlerized, meaning people compare to Adolf @#$%& and start calling each other communist, nazi and other hate words. Also, that is why all online sites close the comments fields at nights. The IORR forum is open 24/7/365. My job is to keep it open without it getting too much Hitlerized.

You have our complete trust BV. BUT, if you EVER try to make a move on Poland, we'll be watching!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 27, 2014 18:47

Doxa

I hope there will be in a future some room, along side 'cheerleadering', to discuss the band and its music critically, that is, freely.

- Doxa

Dear Doxa:

I know only ONE Stones' fan who is more critical than you, but he lives somewhere in Antarctica with no connection to the internet.

So I can assure you that for as long as you are allowed to post here, the freedom to post negative critics on IORR cannot be questioned!

smileys with beer

C

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 27, 2014 19:13

treaclefingers
Stoneage

well if you'd vacuum occasionally more people might feel like popping by.

That reminds me... My living room is due a vacuuming...

With regards IORR, I really, really appreciate this site, and am grateful to BV for IORR. As others have said on this thread, IORR has been absolutely fantastic for news, tips, advice and chat about the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-27 19:19 by MarthaTuesday.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 27, 2014 19:16

Kinda funny, three pages of argueing where there's nothing to argue about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 00:01 by Roadster32.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 27, 2014 19:19

Offensive posts should be removed but the problem is sometimes people are denounced to the authorities for posts that really aren't offensive but may run contrary to the opinion of others.

Below is an example of one of my posts that was reported as offensive and was subsequently removed:

Forum: Tell Me
Subject: Re: Tokyo-3 Mar 6 Stones 2014 show live updates
Author: fahthree
Date: 2014-03-06 20:06

mtaylor

This reminds me about a "Billy Joel comment" - he wanted to a series of
conserts with less known songs. The audience was somehow bored. Then he
played the usual popular songs like "Piano Man", "My Life", "Just the
Way You Are" and everybody was on their feet dancing. He skipped the
idea of playing less known songs and played his greatest hits and
everybody was happy. I guess that's how it is. Just the die hard fans
that wants the obscure songs.

Sad but true. Truthfully though, if an audience didn't know 3-4 songs
during a show are they going to be demanding a refund? Doesn't happen
that way.

I saw Billy Joel in 2006(?) and the stuff he pulled out really surprised
me.

Sorry, but whoever reported this post as "offensive" has no concept of the word.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home