Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Keith on "Playing For Change 3: Songs Around The World", out June 17
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 30, 2014 01:57

I LOVE IT

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: April 30, 2014 01:59

It warms my heart to see and hear Keith. I like the different instruments and singers. Admire them.

(Always took candy from strangers)

I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 30, 2014 02:08

Deathgod
Why are people fighting, arguing, and being snipey ?

You are a member for at least 8 years and yet you still wonder ???
Don't let the a-holes bug you. Enjoy life, enjoy the Stones and smileys with beer cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: KeefRichards88 ()
Date: April 30, 2014 02:58

First time I have ever seen Keith without his skull ring. Anyone else notice? Aside from that this was a fantastic version of these two songs.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: April 30, 2014 10:38

See my first post in this topic. He does not wear his bracelet either.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 30, 2014 11:51

hum...video seems to be gone, has anyone seen it elsewhere, thanks!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Salan ()
Date: April 30, 2014 12:43

gotdablouse
hum...video seems to be gone, has anyone seen it elsewhere, thanks!

Just found the video here: [www.wcsx.com]

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: April 30, 2014 13:08

I've seen it here first and still available:

video: [www.nme.com]

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 30, 2014 15:44

lem motlow
mr_dja
Word of advice, Lem:

If you're going to criticize something that others are enjoying and present yourself as an expert who has more knowledge on the subject than the others involved in the conversation, you may want to learn how to spell the topic correctly. Possibly you are an expert in RAGGAE but you'll have to tell us what your made up word means before any of us can be expected to discuss it with you.

Peace,
Mr DJA

word of advice for you-come up with something better than a typo for a counterpoint.

I had no intention of offering a counterpoint, I was simply pointing out that you were repeatedly making yourself look foolish by displaying the fact that you didn't know how to spell the name of the music correctly. I generally try to avoid discussions with fools as it makes me look bad just by participating. I will offer you apologies for being tired of the ignorance which was, and is abundant in your postings here and thinking that accuracy might matter to you. Clearly my mistake.

Since you asked me to offer something other than pointing out what you call a typo, how about this: "Just because you were a tourist at a Bob Marley concert, went to a festival & saw Peter Tosh doesn't make you an expert in reggae any more than my being a passenger on a plane would make me a pilot."

Insult me to your heart's content if that's what it takes to make you feel better about yourself. I really don't care one way or the other. If you choose to make that the extent of your contributions, so be it. Over & Out.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 30, 2014 15:45

Thanks, the NME link wasn't working with FFox but does with IE10, more or less as I can't go full screen. Always like "Words of Wonder", especially the part where it becomes a bit "oriental" (a bit like in You Don't Have to Mean It), and in this video it's Keith playing the lick on acoustic at 2'30". Is it me or does this project remind anyone else of...SuperHeavy ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 30, 2014 21:09

Love those Playing for change videos and this one's beautiful - and isn't Keith enjoying himself, sharing his song with all those people! I don't know if it's proper reggae or not, and frankly, my dears, I don't care - it's a joyful noise and I like it.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 30, 2014 21:27

From playingforchange.com:

Today is a great day!!! We present to you all a new PFC Song Around The World featuring Keith Richards in collaboration with Roberto Luti, Titi Tsira and a number of worldwide musicians on a rendition of his reggae song, "Words of Wonder," off 1992's Main Offender. This video also leads into a cover of Bob Marley's "Get Up, Stand Up," featuring Keb' Mo', Mermans Mosengo, Aztec Indians, Natalie Pa'apa'a of Blue King Brown, and Jamaican singer Sherita Lewis.

These tracks will appear on Playing For Change 3: Songs Around The World, our upcoming CD/DVD set highlighting the passion and talent of 185 musicians from 31 different countries. This album will be available to you starting June 17th! Join us on a musical trip around the world!!

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: April 30, 2014 21:36

I love it - Keith so cool! And the voice of Titi Tsira is great

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-30 21:37 by gipsy12.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 30, 2014 22:03

mr_dja
lem motlow
mr_dja
Word of advice, Lem:

If you're going to criticize something that others are enjoying and present yourself as an expert who has more knowledge on the subject than the others involved in the conversation, you may want to learn how to spell the topic correctly. Possibly you are an expert in RAGGAE but you'll have to tell us what your made up word means before any of us can be expected to discuss it with you.

Peace,
Mr DJA

word of advice for you-come up with something better than a typo for a counterpoint.

I had no intention of offering a counterpoint, I was simply pointing out that you were repeatedly making yourself look foolish by displaying the fact that you didn't know how to spell the name of the music correctly. I generally try to avoid discussions with fools as it makes me look bad just by participating. I will offer you apologies for being tired of the ignorance which was, and is abundant in your postings here and thinking that accuracy might matter to you. Clearly my mistake.

Since you asked me to offer something other than pointing out what you call a typo, how about this: "Just because you were a tourist at a Bob Marley concert, went to a festival & saw Peter Tosh doesn't make you an expert in reggae any more than my being a passenger on a plane would make me a pilot."

Insult me to your heart's content if that's what it takes to make you feel better about yourself. I really don't care one way or the other. If you choose to make that the extent of your contributions, so be it. Over & Out.

Peace,
Mr DJA

i dont know whats worse,a little schoolmarm carrying out a spelling bee or somebody that just cant admit it bothers them someone might have an opinion different from their own.

would you have even made that post if i'd said "this is a great raggae song by keith,i love it"of course not and you should admit that to yourself instead of getting your little panties in a twist over something so meaningless.

i'll look forward to four more paragraphs of you telling me how much you dont care and really dont want to talk to me.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 30, 2014 22:25

Green Lady
Love those Playing for change videos and this one's beautiful - and isn't Keith enjoying himself, sharing his song with all those people! I don't know if it's proper reggae or not, and frankly, my dears, I don't care - it's a joyful noise and I like it.

thumbs upthumbs up

I wish I had posted that! I'll be paraphrasing your last sentence regularly in the future: "I don't know if it's proper _______ or not, and frankly, my dears, I don't care - it's a joyful noise and I like it." Not sure if there are other references that I missed as well, but I've got to give you kudos for managing (purposfully or not) to use references from both "Gone With The Wind" & "IORR" in one sentence! "It's a joyful noise and I like it"... What a great phrase! Thanks Green Lady for keeping things in perspective.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 30, 2014 22:41

Fantastic! Keef looks like he is having a blast. Absolutely love this cool smiley

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: April 30, 2014 22:43

good to hear and see keith. glad he is still alive. rock on

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 30, 2014 23:12

I liked every single thing about this, including the ululating dude from (I think) Brazil, and Keith's shirt. I also love this late-period, whisky-soaked, bluesy voice of his.

Great stuff! smiling smiley

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: April 30, 2014 23:30

Since it's ok giving a review:
Yeah it's nice and it's nice to hear something but...a) it's nothing new, b) it really is just a kinda cosy thing for a lounge like lem motlow said, c) if it was Jagger doing this last fall boy I wouldn't read all those soft focus cuty compliments and stuff that's here now...

How about that for keeping things in perspective?
And proportion!

Do keep playing Keith but next time have WW call some guys and get something cooking! smoking smiley

Date: April 30, 2014 23:35

The project he is supporting deserves a mention, too? This isn't exactly a KR branding activity...

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: April 30, 2014 23:38

wow. I came back to see if the thread was deleted since I posted on it. and its still here! surprisingly. hurray.

Date: April 30, 2014 23:39

DandelionPowderman
The project he is supporting deserves a mention, too? This isn't exactly a KR branding activity...

Sure. Nice project.
But think about it again; it really is a KR branding activity.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 30, 2014 23:52

What exactly does lounge act mean? Sounds like the new Vegas act put down, an easy way to be dismissive without being specific.

These are covers, so should they sound exactly like the originals as Lem seems to want? And how is this a KR branding activity? It seems unlikely given the scope of the project that Keith was involved any further than being asked to participate as one of the musicians. Either that or he let it be known he would like to do it.

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: April 30, 2014 23:56

Great video. Great collaboration.
I will be getting the CD on 17 June.

Date: April 30, 2014 23:57

I think Dreamer means that every project Keith participate in, and that makes him look good, is branding - but I'm not so sure about this one, with an obscure reggae-song of his and a well-used other one...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 1, 2014 00:14

Dreamer

How about that for keeping things in perspective?
And proportion!

How about this for keeping things in perspective and proportion? I liked the damn thing, and so do many other people, and frankly all this "if you like anything the Stones do separately or together these days, it shows how little taste you've got" is getting tiresome and ludicrous.

Date: May 1, 2014 00:17

DandelionPowderman
I think Dreamer means that every project Keith participate in, and that makes him look good, is branding - but I'm not so sure about this one, with an obscure reggae-song of his and a well-used other one...

Okay, I'll grant that the obscure reggae song could qualify as branding, under that definition. But then the same could be said of Mick singing Miss You at the White House blues concert last year and any number of other projects they all participate in. Not really a big deal to me DP, just don't get the point of those kinda comments.

Date: May 1, 2014 00:20

DandelionPowderman

What Dr.Jekyll is doing for years is white hat only; the nicest and safest sh.t possible. And as soon as MJ is doing anything Mr. Hyde's comment is it's dog sh.t or whatever black hat he can put on Micks head.

Date: May 1, 2014 00:29

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

What Dr.Jekyll is doing for years is white hat only; the nicest and safest sh.t possible. And as soon as MJ is doing anything Mr. Hyde's comment is it's dog sh.t or whatever black hat he can put on Micks head.

As soon as?? Really, Dreamer? You're pulling out a quote - the dog sh.t one - that is decades old.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-01 01:44 by latebloomer.

Date: May 1, 2014 00:33

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

Always dead-seriously presented grinning smiley

And what did Keith say about WS again...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-01 00:34 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home