Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Which stage would be the best?
Posted by: RobertS ()
Date: March 25, 2014 15:57

I am planning to go on one of Rolling Stones Show this summer. Which venue would be the best to experience the show? FOS 1 in Dusseldorf or Stehplatz Innenraum in Berlin?

Re: Which stage would be the best?
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 25, 2014 15:59

Hyde Park stage would be great for stadium shows. (I hope they forget the Asian stage)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-25 16:00 by 1962.

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: March 25, 2014 16:03

Circus Maximus which was built for Gladiators over 2,000 years ago surely will provide the greatest stage for the Stones!! Even if not the actual stage itself....the venue and backdrop will be amazing grinning smiley

Date: March 25, 2014 16:06

And what about German shows? Stadium in Dusseldorf or intimate Berlin Waldbuhne?

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 25, 2014 19:26

RobertS
I am planning to go on one of Rolling Stones Show this summer. Which venue would be the best to experience the show? FOS 1 in Dusseldorf or Stehplatz Innenraum in Berlin?

Well, definitely Berlin. Just find pictures of the venue and you will understand.

The problem with this tour is, that except for Berlin we have stadiums and fields. The Stones most likely will be using their 3 m high stage with the catwalk that has the same height where it connects to the main stage. Those who buy the most expensive tickets have restricted view. If you stand in first row on Keith's side you won't see Bernard, Lisa and Chuck. Ronnie you will see when he walks over to the center and Lisa you will see during GS only.

For a.m. mentioned reason I'm not doing too many of the European shows. I'd rather go to Australia for the real Tongue Pit experience. That's the best there has been in a long time.

Posted by: homerus ()
Date: March 25, 2014 20:30

So the stage for the stadium shows, will be the asian stage, the Hyde Park stage, or something between these two, or something new?

There are shows in big stadiums with 80.000 seats capacity, where they really need something huge !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-25 20:32 by homerus.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: March 25, 2014 20:54

RobertS

I have the feeling that you're not asking about stages, are you? You're just asking about show-experience in general...

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 25, 2014 21:29

Limbostone
RobertS

I have the feeling that you're not asking about stages, are you? You're just asking about show-experience in general...

I'd pick Berlin. Smallest venue on this leg and just seems like a cool place.

Date: March 25, 2014 21:31

You are right, but I think it depends a lot on the stage. I was just wondering, if Standing Pit in Waldbuhne would be better than FOS 1 in Dusseldorf or any other stadium. I was expecting the intimate experiance as in Tongue Pit, and was curious which venue would do it best.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 25, 2014 22:18

MingSubu
Limbostone
RobertS

Not on a rainy day

Any insights on which stage they will use in europe?
Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: March 25, 2014 16:04

Always been a great fan of the stones stage settings... just wondering if anybody knows if they will use the same stadium stage as on the first leg of the 14 on fire tour or if they will remake it/use the hyde park stage? to be honest I don't really like the stage setting right now... looks a lot like deep purple 94'...

Re: Any insights on which stage they will use in europe?
Date: March 25, 2014 16:23

My feeling is "for 14 shows only don't expect a huge expensive stage"

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: March 25, 2014 16:27

My guess is the same.. altough I didn't like the "hideout" that became clear on the 14th on fire stage, hard to see anything from the side (or see Charlie at all)

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 25, 2014 22:27

stereomanic
Circus Maximus which was built for Gladiators over 2,000 years ago surely will provide the greatest stage for the Stones!! Even if not the actual stage itself....the venue and backdrop will be amazing grinning smiley

Circus Maximus was built for horse races. Colosseum was built for gladiators. Gladiators would not be able to find one another inside the Circus. Colosseum on the other hand would be a perfect venue for The Stones. There are some concerts every now and then there actually. If I remember correctly, Simon and Garfunkel performed there, right?

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 25, 2014 22:28

there is only one stage which is the best: the Arena tonguepit stage, but as there are no Arena Shows Europea will miss out.

Posted by: WilcoMick ()
Date: March 25, 2014 22:39

Happy24
stereomanic

Circus Maximus was built for horse races. Colosseum was built for gladiators. Gladiators would not be able to find one another inside the Circus. Colosseum on the other hand would be a perfect venue for The Stones. There are some concerts every now and then there actually. If I remember correctly, Simon and Garfunkel performed there, right?

Concerts at the Colosseum in Rome? I didn't know that, I do know that Springsteen played in the Arena in Verona and that is a stunning stadium!

Wilco

Date: March 25, 2014 23:02

they are at the Colosseum, not in it, there is no seating inside as it is all blocked off or destroyed/dangerous to sit on there. it would be impossible to do. no area for a stage. I believe both Macca and Elton played outside

.....keep on rolling.....

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 26, 2014 06:34

Yea, I know, I have been inside the Colosseum and wondered myself how would they turn it into a concert venue. Now I googled the Simon and Garfunkel concert and it was outside the Colosseum of course.

Date: March 28, 2014 12:07

Jumpinjackflash59

My feeling too, especially since at the two festivals (Pinkpop and Werchter) they'll probalby use the festivalstage at hand anyway, like they did at Glastonbury last year.

Posted by: HaroldJustin ()
Date: March 28, 2014 12:22

Limbostone
Jumpinjackflash59

My feeling too, especially since at the two festivals (Pinkpop and Werchter) they'll probalby use the festivalstage at hand anyway, like they did at Glastonbury last year.

Don't forget the Rock in Rio festival in portugal winking smiley.

Personally Hyde park was awesome, been in Rotterdam "De Kuip" which was the best concert I have seen.

Date: March 28, 2014 13:17

Oh yeah, and Roskilde too. It's the 'el cheapo' tour 2014.. winking smiley

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 29, 2014 02:55

I was in Rome about 4 years ago and the day we went to the Coliseum they had a stage with seats and lights set up on the ground level. Turns out it was for a (expensive benefit) show by Andre Bocceli. But not more than probably a few hundred seats. Watched it on TV later that evening - so a small show can be done and has.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 29, 2014 03:36

If you can get to one of the venues with a Tongue Pit, that is definitely where I would go. The view from the pit is as good as any Stones concert I've ever been to. You are RIGHT THERE with Mick and Keith. It looks like the outdoor stage for this tour is very high with poor site lines from very close. I'll be in the GC in Tel Aviv, but I'm expecting to stand by the back railing.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 29, 2014 03:46

mtaylor
MingSubu
Limbostone
RobertS

Not on a rainy day

Yes, then it's just plain cold.

Need a new stage for Europe
Date: April 8, 2014 18:04

I hope we'll get a new beautiful stage for the European stadium gigs.
The Asian is so weak.
Or the Hyde Park stage would be really great for the large European stadium shows.
What can we expect?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-08 18:25 by 1962.

Re: New stage for Europe?
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 8, 2014 18:06

If they read our complaints about high and so on, the might replace it. smiling smiley
But I doubt they'll do...

Re: New stage for Europe?
Posted by: gagi ()
Date: April 8, 2014 18:17

Best stage ever...

----------------------------------------

Re: Need a new stage for Europe
Date: April 8, 2014 18:45

The best stage is yet to come

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 8, 2014 19:00

The current stadium stage used in Tokyo one looks a bit cheap.
I do think they should bring a better stage to Europe,
especially after they announced that they would "bringing their iconic music and groundbreaking stage shows to audiences around the globe" on this very tour.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 8, 2014 20:06

The Worst.
The current stadium stage used in Tokyo one looks a bit cheap.
I do think they should bring a better stage to Europe,
especially after they announced that they would "bringing their iconic music and groundbreaking stage shows to audiences around the globe" on this very tour.

Doubt they will bring any big stage to Europe since half of the shows are Festival stages, one is in Isreal, two arenas and three stadiums - at bit wild to make a new big stage for 3 shows.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1818
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home