Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: ROSKILDE Denmark 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 24, 2014 17:03

Posted by: RogerStones ()
Date: June 28, 2014 14:02

I just booked flight and Hotel for Roskilde. I need one ticket for the show !!!

Anyone can help me ?

Thanks

Roger (Barcelona)

Posted by: michrud ()
Date: June 30, 2014 18:05

When are the Stones arriving from Stockholm? Will they get to Copenhagen Tuesday late night after the show or will they get here Wednesday?

Posted by: 199763 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 08:44

Official pratical info

See u there!!!

Dear festival-goer,

Roskilde Festival is just around the corner and here is a bit more information about arrival and practicalities. Listed below is information about your arrival at the festival.

We are going to be a lot of people on Thursday 3 July, so please arrive early and use this opportunity to experience the campsite before the festival site opens at 17:00.

There is going to be a lot of pressure on the roads leading up to the festival during the day, so we encourage everyone to use public transportation. We hope you will have an amazing day at Roskilde Festival 2014 Please share this information with the people who are joining you at Roskilde Festival.

Important info:

One-day tickets are valid from 05:00 to 05:00 CET the following morning.
With a one-day wristband you have access to the same areas as an all-days festival wristband (campsite, festival site etc.).
Please keep in mind that the festival site does not open until Thursday at 17:00. It is permitted to be at the campsite until then.
You only have access to the areas during valid hours of the wristband. It is not permitted to be at the campsite after the wristband expires.

REMEMBER to bring your ticket in printed version; you have to show it at the entrance. Here it will be exchanged into a one-day wristband.

Transportation
A lot of people are going to Roskilde Festival. As a result traffic jams might occur. We recommend, as much as possible, to use public transportation or car-pool. If you arrive by car you should listen to the traffic radio station in order to get the latest traffic updates.

Shuttle-busses
Shuttle busses are running non-stop between Roskilde Station (Østergade) and Entrance East/West. Busses are running from Sunday 29 June at 08:00. From Monday 30 June busses are running between Roskilde Station and the festival area all hours of the day until Monday 7 June at 15:00.

Night busses
Night busses are running non-stop from Entrance East, Entrance West and north of the festival site. (Darupvej/Maglegårdsvej) to Rådhuspladsen in Copenhagen. Price 80 DKK.

Trains
There are trains going in both directions between Roskilde Station (track 7) and Entrance Platform (Camping West). Travel time is about 3 minutes.

DSB has special trains to and from Roskilde Festival throughout the country. Learn more: (http://www.dsb.dk/kampagner/roskilde-festival/)

Arrival by car
If you arrive by car we recommend taking road 14 from Ringsted or drive from Solrød via Køgevej since there are periods with a lot of traffic on the motorway in Roskilde.

Park’n’Pay at Entrance East and West is open from Saturday 28 June at 15:00 , and all parking areas are open 24 hours a day. Here you pay for parking throughout the duration of the whole festival. You can pay at the entrance to the area. Price 400 DKK

It is also possible to park further away from the festival area at free parking areas. See map

However, we strongly encourage all guests to leave their car and use public transportation, since it is by far the easiest way to arrive at the festival.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 2, 2014 08:56

The Masters Musicians of Jajouka (Joujouka) are playing on this festival: [roskilde-festival.dk]

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 16:27

is there going to be a stream?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 2, 2014 16:34

As I arrived into Copenhagen this morning (following 4 hours sleep in Stockholm) I walked by a nice joint right in the TIVOLI location: BIERGARTEN

They serve a beer called Edelweiss, whatever that is, and they have a great location near the main central station of Copenhagen. If you need a place to meet up then I would recommend this one. Lots of space for beers, five Edelweiss for the price of DKK 200 they say (!!!) and if you pay for the TIVOLI entrance you may even enjoy the outside (inside) part of the BIERGARTEN.

If you visit Copenhagen, you should visit TIVOLI anyway.

[www.tivoli.dk]

As you walk out of the front entrance of the main train station in Copenhagen, follow "Bernstorffsgade" a couple of blocks, to TIVOLI, and you are there!

Bjornulf

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 2, 2014 17:17

bv
As I arrived into Copenhagen this morning (following 4 hours sleep in Stockholm) I walked by a nice joint right in the TIVOLI location: BIERGARTEN

They serve a beer called Edelweiss, whatever that is, and they have a great location near the main central station of Copenhagen. If you need a place to meet up then I would recommend this one. Lots of space for beers, five Edelweiss for the price of DKK 200 they say (!!!) and if you pay for the TIVOLI entrance you may even enjoy the outside (inside) part of the BIERGARTEN.

If you visit Copenhagen, you should visit TIVOLI anyway.

[www.tivoli.dk]

As you walk out of the front entrance of the main train station in Copenhagen, follow "Bernstorffsgade" a couple of blocks, to TIVOLI, and you are there!

This beer? [www.edelweissbier.at]
It's made in Austria.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 17:17 by MAF.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 2, 2014 17:20

The Stones were on their way from Stockholm to the Roskilde Festival, see the Playback on [www.flightradar24.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 19:35 by Irix.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 2, 2014 17:27

Irix
The Stones are now on their way to the Roskilde Festival, see [www.flightradar24.com] .

Cool...[fr24.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 17:29 by TooTough.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 2, 2014 17:48

No song vote yet?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 18:00

Outkast are opening for the Stones? I think that's the first time a rap group has opened...

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 2, 2014 19:44

not, shaggy opens before, lick tour i think

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 2, 2014 20:07

Just bumped into Ronnie + Sally, taking pictures at the Little Mermaid statue, 6:05 pm. They left in a taxi.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: July 2, 2014 20:27

DeanGoodman
Just bumped into Ronnie + Sally, taking pictures at the Little Mermaid statue, 6:05 pm. They left in a taxi.

Already on Ronnies twitter

Posted by: DrSnuggles ()
Date: July 2, 2014 21:09

Irix
The Stones were on their way from Stockholm to the Roskilde Festival, see the Playback on [www.flightradar24.com] .

When ever you write this, I never see the Playback. Only a live screen. What do I do wrong ?

Date: July 2, 2014 21:18

..and the Doc just shot 2 Tickets for tomorrow at eBay. Will pick them up on the way to Kopenhagen. See you all in Roskilde ?

The Doc is very much amused...

Have fun in Roskilde too !!!

smileys with beersmiling bouncing smileygrinning smiley>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 2, 2014 21:55

DrSnuggles

When ever you write this, I never see the Playback. Only a live screen. What do I do wrong ?

The Playback is in the menu bar on the left side and works with UTC time. For today's flight from Stockholm to Copenhagen choose the time 14:15 UTC. Set the Filter to the Registration or Callsign and the Settings to km/h and Meters if you like. Click on the yellow plane icon for more flight infos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 22:20 by Irix.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: July 2, 2014 21:59

mnewman505
Outkast are opening for the Stones? I think that's the first time a rap group has opened...

The horrific kanye west opened for them in Meadowlands NJ. What a mistake

Date: July 2, 2014 22:37

michaelsavage
mnewman505

The horrific kanye west opened for them in Meadowlands NJ. What a e mistake
Na, Michael, I guess Peter Maffey 1982 was more of a mistake...hot smiley

...even dangerous for Peter Maffey, but beneficial for the vegetable sellers >grinning smiley<

Posted by: frysberg ()
Date: July 2, 2014 22:41

how early are people planning to travel to roskilde for a good spot?

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: July 2, 2014 23:21

I just checked on old news footage that the ones who got to the front of the stage first - which is a tradition, they got in the line at around 60-75 min before they open the gates. So no need to be there as early as t other shows I guess

Date: July 2, 2014 23:24

frysberg
how early are people planning to travel to roskilde for a good spot?

This is very philosophical...

the gates open at 5 pm. The pit in front of stage is full with first come, first serve.
Stones start at 10 pm. Are you willing to stay 5h in the middle of a crowd, when not reaching the pit.

I guess, this should answer your question.

Date: July 2, 2014 23:35

Gonna be at the gate from when I arrive at 13.00.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: July 3, 2014 07:45

Ready for flight 505 to Roskilde: RobberBride and DP. See ya soon smileys with beer

Date: July 3, 2014 08:03

I'll be leaving in 2 hours with BlueRanger, my dad and a friend who saw The Stones in Denmark in 1965 and most other Danish concerts. I got my drivers license a little over a month ago, and this will be my first time driving a long trip. My dad's BMW will be the Stones car this time around. I can't bloody wait!!!!

JumpingKentFlash

Date: July 3, 2014 08:09

Drive carefully, Kent! thumbs up

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 3, 2014 08:32

DandelionPowderman

Ready for flight 505 to Roskilde: RobberBride and DP. See ya soon smileys with beer

Not if you're on Flight 505, dudes--BE CAREFUL!! eye popping smiley

Date: July 3, 2014 08:36

grinning smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 3, 2014 08:50

Have a great time DP and I'm looking forward to your informative report. 1st & last show of the tour for you then! I'm still in Stockholm but move on to visit friends in Warsaw today. I've met a good few people here I met in Oslo. We truly are a global community, we IORRians.

It's been a blast,

Gregor

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1859
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home