Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17
Re: STOCKHOLM Sweden 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 1, 2014 13:53

bye bye johnny

P-O Sännås
/

Proof that Ronnie doesn't dye his hair!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 1, 2014 14:16

Great to hear from you Gregor,and will always remember our time, and the gig in Oslo.
Yeh! I was one of those engineers from London area who went to the sticks hoping for a quiter life but having to work even harder down there. Used to go to North Star House at least once a week as that was main office,but I was based in Cirencester.
Hope we meet up and talk about old times. >grinning smiley<

Hope you get to meet zgubi................Andreea ,in Stockholm, as she is a lovely,devoted Stones fan who loves travelling. She makes fantastic videos for her tour diary and you never know,may see you in her Stockholm video.

Have a great time in Stockholm and will be keeping my eyes on IORR tonight to see what's happening at the gig. smileys with beer

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 1, 2014 14:17

MarthaTuesday
Anyone still looking for a ticket, AXS have some side view seats available right now (Level A).

Sadly it's impossible for me to make this show now - but maybe this will help someone out.

Martha,

That happens at nearly every show by anyone. Once the stage is built they test sightlines of seats close to the stage and if any beyond those originally planned for sale from the start are deemed fit for sale, they go on sale after the stage setup is finalised. It happened in Paris - from my spot in Pelouse Or I could see that the side sections closest to the stage were sparsely filled and a notice went up in French advertising ticket sales at the ticket office. So for that reason alone, travelling without a ticket is usually finesmiling smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 1, 2014 14:25

Plink
bye bye johnny

P-O Sännås
/

Can't you get a hair dye now called,'Black and White' ?
Gives grey or white hair when dyed, that ' Hey ! I'm only just starting to go grey ' look. Very popular with actors ,singers and musicians over the age of 60. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-01 14:29 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 1, 2014 14:28

grzegorz67
MarthaTuesday
Anyone still looking for a ticket, AXS have some side view seats available right now (Level A).

Sadly it's impossible for me to make this show now - but maybe this will help someone out.

Martha,

That happens at nearly every show by anyone. Once the stage is built they test sightlines of seats close to the stage and if any beyond those originally planned for sale from the start are deemed fit for sale, they go on sale after the stage setup is finalised. It happened in Paris - from my spot in Pelouse Or I could see that the side sections closest to the stage were sparsely filled and a notice went up in French advertising ticket sales at the ticket office. So for that reason alone, travelling without a ticket is usually finesmiling smiley

Hope you have a fantastic time tonight, grzegorz67!

I knew I couldn't make tonight's show (couldn't rearrange work stuff and can't afford to be sacked!) but I couldn't help torturing myself by checking out Axs every so often!

I like the side view seats - saw the Stones at the 02 from one of those seats and it was pretty close to the stage.

I'm not sure if I can make Australia for one of the shows - but I'm working on it...>grinning smiley<

Don't think there will be any last minute Roskilde tickets however....But then it really would be such bad timing for me (brother's arriving in town for just a few days before he heads to Australia) but Thursday's my birthday - and I'd love to spend it at a Stones show!

Enjoy tonight. smileys with beer

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 1, 2014 15:16

crawdaddy
Plink

Can't you get a hair dye now called,'Black and White' ?
Gives grey or white hair when dyed, that ' Hey ! I'm only just starting to go grey ' look. Very popular with actors ,singers and musicians over the age of 60. winking smiley
I haven’t heart of black & white dye but people w/ silver hair can get “lowlights” (just like highlights but w/ dark hair color). It’s painted onto small sections of hair w/ a brush, and now that I’ve looked @ the pic more closely, methinks I spy a few lowlighted sections after all. I think Ronnie looks great with the salt & pepper (even if he may have shaken on a little extra pepper winking smiley).

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: July 1, 2014 16:37

reporting live from Stockholm, crew of 3 at the moment enjoying some strawberries, hope to see you people later on before the show

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Re: STOCKHOLM Sweden 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel infou
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 1, 2014 17:06

Not much of a queue outside Telenor at the moment and no queue at any of the three merchandise stalls we passed on the way!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 1, 2014 17:28

crawdaddy
bye bye johnny
June 30 at Galleri Jan Wallmark for Ronnie's art exhibit, opening July 1.

Pretty sure that's Mick Taylor in the background first pic.

Well spotted. MT was there.

Rex Features

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: July 1, 2014 17:45

Nikkei
zgubi
bv
Are there any recommended meeting places in the afternoon of show day? I mean places where we can eat and talk and not just drink. Some place central, before leaving for the Globen area...

I am finally getting back to the mood of shows in Scandinavia, five weeks after it all started in Oslo...

so what's the plan for tomorrow? meeting at Östgötakällaren? who's going?

hey andreea, i've worked the travelling out, looks like it's all
falling into place and i should be in Stockholm tomorrow at noon.
but i didn't manage to reach your mobile yet. is the +40 the
prefix to your country? like +49 for germany?

+40 is my country code, I've tried calling yours a few times but didn't work, Lucky Dip queue opens up at 7pm, if we don't meet till then bring a big paper and write on it so I can spot you smiling smiley)

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 1, 2014 19:41

Entrance was a bit of a mess again. People without numbers pushed from behind and the order got mixed up. But I regained some ground and was able to get a spot along the catwalk, about down the middle. Keith's side. The FOS is small, it ends at the small stage. 25 mins until the first opening act. Have a good time, everyone!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 4, 2014 16:48

Topi
Entrance was a bit of a mess again. People without numbers pushed from behind and the order got mixed up. But I regained some ground and was able to get a spot along the catwalk, about down the middle. Keith's side. The FOS is small, it ends at the small stage. 25 mins until the first opening act. Have a good time, everyone!

My oh my, people from behind pushed.............Strange aint it. The whole numbers thing was utterly silly and foolish. It never worked. Luckily i had no number and was 3rd row Golden Circle.
Ha ha.

Jeroen

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 5, 2014 04:14

Anyone else who went to the show have any thoughts on Amanda jenssen? I thought she was pretty good. I guess she had won SweDEn Idol awhile back? Pretty good looking - and a nice punky vibe. The 2nd opener was ok too - forget their name, kind of a Tom Petty meets Foghat. As much as I don't like opening acts - especially while down in the pit, I enjoyed them both.

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: July 5, 2014 14:03

DEmerson
Anyone else who went to the show have any thoughts on Amanda jenssen? I thought she was pretty good. I guess she had won SweDEn Idol awhile back? Pretty good looking - and a nice punky vibe. The 2nd opener was ok too - forget their name, kind of a Tom Petty meets Foghat. As much as I don't like opening acts - especially while down in the pit, I enjoyed them both.

The 2nd opener was the norwegian band Bigbang. Check them out on Spotify, I suggest the livealbum "radio radio tv sleep". One of my favourite norwegian bands btw.

Had never heard any thing of Amanda Jenssen. But I enjoyed the music. Kind of a mix between Adele and Amy winehouse. Or am I wrong? Anyhow, cool music....

Date: July 5, 2014 14:08

Tom Petty meets Foghat? That was a new one smiling smiley

Maybe BB did a different set this time?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 5, 2014 14:10

For me, Amanda wasa bit over the top. first 2 songs ok, but indeed a la Amy Wine House. Liked BigBang better.

and i liked the 3rd band best, although they played only 19 songs or so. Forgot their name. Guess they are new in the music industry.

Jeroen

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: July 5, 2014 14:17

I thought both Amanda and BigBang were pretty good acts - enjoyed both - Stones were their usual brilliant best - great night...

"till the next time..."

Star

Date: July 5, 2014 16:04

I don't think they did DP. They mixed up the order a bit though. They began with that 'Prettiest Girl in Oslo' song that I remember from the Telenorsmiling bouncing smiley I might be wtong but they started their Oslo set with a different song. The local blonde Swedish singer was good too I thought.

Gregor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: July 5, 2014 17:31

grzegorz67
I don't think they did DP. They mixed up the order a bit though. They began with that 'Prettiest Girl in Oslo' song that I remember from the Telenorsmiling bouncing smiley I might be wtong but they started their Oslo set with a different song. The local blonde Swedish singer was good too I thought.

Gregor.

You are right, they started with another song in Oslo. I think one of their new ones. But I might be wrong about that one...

Date: July 5, 2014 18:06

Hi gibsonman,

I think you were standing with DP right behind me in Oslo! As a Norwegian Band they'd perhaps be braver and try out their new stuff in front of their home crowd whereas they are foreigners in Sweden and would perhaps play safe and stick to the familiar ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: July 5, 2014 18:23

grzegorz67
Hi gibsonman,

I think you were standing with DP right behind me in Oslo! As a Norwegian Band they'd perhaps be braver and try out their new stuff in front of their home crowd whereas they are foreigners in Sweden and would perhaps play safe and stick to the familiar ?

Hi! No, in Oslo I was in GC, first row smiling smiley but I think we met outside before the show together with DP smiling smiley

I think you might be right about bb playing more safe in another country for a new audience. But it surprised me that they didn't play more of their rocked stuff in both cities. Their recent records are more slow/ boring than lots of their older stuff. In my opinion...... winking smiley I have seen them live in smaller venues and that seems to fit their style bether than in big arenas. They are actually a really good liveband.....

Date: July 5, 2014 18:28

DP told me they've lived in California for the last 5 years. Tax reasons perhaps ?
Although California has high taxes by US standards. I do remember DP talking to some people prior to entry in Oslo as very strangely GA & GC queued together! DP and I are in the last shot on this page and pehaps you are too ?

[www.iorr.org]

Date: July 5, 2014 19:14

corriecas
Topi

My oh my, people from behind pushed.............Strange aint it. The whole numbers thing was utterly silly and foolish. It never worked. Luckily i had no number and was 3rd row Golden Circle.
Ha ha.

Jeroen

Try going to a Bruce Springsteen show. The people will actually respect the numbers. Again, I was happy with the spot I got. Heard that the numbered order worked much better on Ronnie's side. Just ask latvianinexile or harald2002. But what's utterly silly and foolish about it? Especially given that it did work on Ronnie's side (gate R). Doesn't it just emphasize the first come, first serve principle? Walk in by the numbers, no running, and those people who were since Saturday really get in first? What would be utterly silly and foolish about that? Anyhow, the one big thing about a numbered line is that during the days before and the early hours on show day, you don't have to stay there the whole time. You only show up to roll calls to keep your spot.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-05 19:41 by Topi.

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: July 5, 2014 19:33

a Picture of latvianinexile and me on www.rollingstones.com smiling smiley
[www.rollingstones.com]

What a great final for us of this europe-tour. Thank you latvianinexile for all the nice time and great company in Abu-Dhabi /Zürich / Berlin / Duesseldorf / Stockholm thumbs up

Date: July 5, 2014 19:36

Great photo! And thanks for sharing the taxi!

mick taylor .. as a guest ... downgraded ..?
Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: July 5, 2014 16:27

Hi all, i hope everyone here had a great european tour !

my thoughts about Mick Taylor .. a waste of time or ... he just played only during one song ( midnight rambler )

what would have been the reason for downgrading his performance and dump him at the final bow .. who's choice or decision is this . anyone knows more?

decca61

Re: mick taylor .. as a guest ... downgraded ..?
Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: July 5, 2014 16:38

Downgraded from what?

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: July 5, 2014 16:46

The fun police got to him before his guitar playing elevated the band out of this stratosphere. Example:

Seriously, he was doing 3 tracks on the Asian tour in March (Slipping Away, MR, Satisfaction), though did a one off extra Silvertrain fan vote in Tokyo. In the European leg they've pulled Slipping Away so he's been downgraded to two tracks.

Fingers crossed he gets more airtime in the Aussie leg of the tour later this year.

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 5, 2014 16:54

Because he is lame

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 5, 2014 17:07

We have discussed to death here in IORR the reasons why Taylor is not used more, and I think many of us have come to the conclusion that it is simply due to the conservatist and pragmatic nature of not so young band: minimally is changed from the recipe of success that had been worked so well for years. The old dogs don't learn so easily new tricks, and why should they?

That Taylor got even less role now in Europe, and the band being less experimental and adventurous than in previous legs, is I think explained by the same principle. After the tragedy they (him) met during the spring, it is more than enough that they were able somehow to get their shit together in the first place; so making it as safe and certain as possible, was the way to go. Very human.

- Doxa

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1749
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home