Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14
Re: ROME Italy 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 19, 2014 19:08

maumau
Hi Martha, I also assume it is one hour before doors open, that is the question i would have asked ticketone customer service but their call center is a bloody awful disc and bloody expensive too.
Anyway I think it cant be otherwise. It would not make sense.
BUT: does Ticketone make any sense to begin with?.. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Lucky for me I haven't tired contacting their customer services....

Anyway, I have an update. Ticketone has just emailed me and it says tickets will be available for collection from 10am. Assume it's the same for Lucky Dip people (hopefully for them!).

So, all good so far.

And now I really must log off and get some work done! Just before I do, if anyone has any advice for me about getting back to my hotel, that would be great!

I have a B&B booked about 8 minutes walk from Termini Station (Via Dei Mille) but have the option to cancel by the end of today. I'm considering two alternative hotels (luckily I have loyalty points with expedia so won't have to spend that much). One is on Via Cavour (google map says 5 min walk from Termini) and the other is Via Masala (5 min walk again). Any tips on which would be best.

Never been to Rome before but have heard Termini area isn't great - especially at night. Would it be okay to walk there from Termini after the show (and perhaps post-show drink). I'll be on my own so willing to pay for a taxi but don't know if that's a bit over-the-top for such a short distance. If I do get a taxi, are they readily available at Termini around 1am?

Thanks to anyone who has any advice on this. smiling smiley

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 19, 2014 19:12

Termini station area is lousy but as long as you'll stick with fellow fans everything will be ok. As many people will get to that area after the show (there are many hotels there) I don't think you should have many problems. Moreover, if you take the taxi you're likely to be ripped off (it sometimes happens to people coming from abroad).

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 19, 2014 19:20

via cavour is very long so dont know exactly where you are but sure it is closer to the circo massimo than via marsala. on google map you can see it and get indications and time walking fron hotel to concert area. it wont be long. weather predicted fine for sunday night

Date: June 19, 2014 19:23

Wild Slivovitz
Termini station area is lousy but as long as you'll stick with fellow fans everything will be ok. As many people will get to that area after the show (there are many hotels there) I don't think you should have many problems. Moreover, if you take the taxi you're likely to be ripped off (it sometimes happens to people coming from abroad).

Thank you - your advice is much appreciated.

As it turns out, I appear to have messed up the booking with the B&B... Maybe because I didn't book direct with them, I don't know... I'd emailed them earlier today with a query and they've just replied and said they don't have a record of it!

Bit annoying because the B&B looked quite nice and was reasonably priced. Lucky for me I do have loyalty points for money off expedia....I'm going to book one of my alternative options now (before they sell out!).

Edit - just seen your post, Maumau - thanks for your advice. The Via Cavour hotel is very close to Termini (checked google maps) as is the Via Masala hotel.

I think I'll be fine with either of them. Would prefer the Via Cavour as it's a bit cheaper but some reviews on tripadvisor mention the air-con isn't very good. I don't know if I'll need it but I'm not great in the heat so want the option. I think I'd better go for the more expensive hotel just to be sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-19 19:31 by MarthaTuesday.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 19, 2014 19:54

Martha, I'm following your pre-show adventures with the greatest possible interest. cool smiley

Date: June 19, 2014 20:55

kleermaker
Martha, I'm following your pre-show adventures with the greatest possible interest. cool smiley

I will report back on my experience - both Rome and the show. smiling smiley

I can't believe how last minute I am with everything! Still got to get to the shops tomorrow to buy a smartphone. I resisted getting one but have decided it would be good to have email and internet connection (especially for this forum!) whilst away.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: June 19, 2014 21:32

Because of a friend cancellation I will finally have available one GA ticket face value 100 euros.
Email me if interested rstoned@gmail.com
I will be in Rome Saturday morning

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 19, 2014 21:47

MarthaTuesday
kleermaker

I can't believe how last minute I am with everything! Still got to get to the shops tomorrow to buy a smartphone. I resisted getting one but have decided it would be good to have email and internet connection (especially for this forum!) whilst away.

I have to say Martha considering your indecision I fear for you buying a smartphone,do you think you can make up your mind and be out of the phone shop before your flight leaves haha spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

Date: June 19, 2014 23:37

Nate
MarthaTuesday
kleermaker

I have to say Martha considering your indecision I fear for you buying a smartphone,do you think you can make up your mind and be out of the phone shop before your flight leaves haha spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

Lol! Can you imagine missing the flight - and the show - because of buying a smartphone! eye popping smiley

I'm trying to for once make up mind in advance...have just been checking out phones online and know what to ask for in the shop (have 3 options in case they don't have my first choice in stock.

See you in Rome!

Posted by: LeedsStone ()
Date: June 20, 2014 00:39

Hope everyone has a great time in Rome. Hope those with the lucky dip do get lucky...me included!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 20, 2014 00:53

MarthaTuesday
kleermaker

Still got to get to the shops tomorrow to buy a smartphone. I resisted getting one but have decided it would be good to have email and internet connection whilst away.

That's really a smart decision. smiling smiley

Posted by: atsu69 ()
Date: June 20, 2014 04:47

I have arrived at Rome yesterday from Tokyo.
Here's yesterday's Circo Massimo.

Can't wait!

atsu-y
[wwr6.ucom.ne.jp]

Posted by: deadtothecore ()
Date: June 20, 2014 06:18

TICKET DROP RIGHT NOW GO TO ROLLINGSTONES.COM

Posted by: OreStones ()
Date: June 20, 2014 11:28

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: June 20, 2014 11:52

OreStones

What's happening? Do we have a change in fans meet up place from Parco Schuster to Nag's head ?
Explain please.

Posted by: redspecial86 ()
Date: June 20, 2014 12:58

Here some videos from the building of the stage and venue works at Circo Massimo!

Stage works - Circo Massimo 1

Stage works - Circo Massimo 2

Stage Works - Circo Massimo 3

Stage works - Circo Massimo 4

Posted by: OreStones ()
Date: June 20, 2014 14:00

What's happening? Do we have a change in fans meet up place from Parco Schuster to Nag's head ?
Explain please.[/quote]

Yes, the location has changed. We are playin' at Nag's Head 'cause we're trying to be half way between the Stones Hotel and Circo Massimo. Parco Shuster was a bit too far from the two.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: June 20, 2014 15:16

A friend of mine texted me yesterday from the Stones soundcheck, he said they were rehearsing CYHMK with Mick Taylor, Keith told him they were playing it in Rome...I hope you all get to see it there tomorrow!smiling smiley

Date: June 20, 2014 15:38

CYHMK would be great!

Getting excited - but hope I get some proper sleep before then - maybe because I'm excited (and also stressed from sorting things at the last minute) but I not slept properly for 2 nights now! I guess I'll have some strong coffee on show day if need be!

What time is the fans meet up happening? I'm arriving tomorrow early evening but not sure what time I'll actually get to the hotel.

Posted by: florian ()
Date: June 20, 2014 16:05

Did anybody now if is possible to stay with my GA standing ticket at the Ronnie side too?
and use entry 3???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-20 16:06 by florian.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 20, 2014 17:10

The Stones are started from Düsseldorf to Rome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-20 19:00 by Irix.

Posted by: redspecial86 ()
Date: June 20, 2014 17:53

They are arriving!!!

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: June 21, 2014 00:23

ta daaaam, Rome poster:

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Date: June 21, 2014 00:40

Like the poster!

See you on Sunday, Zgubi! smiling smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 21, 2014 00:40

That's a nice poster Andreea, and second for me to Oslo. Northern Lights, which I'm gonna use as my Christmas Card this year. smileys with beer

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: June 21, 2014 00:44

Do we know eventually what will the gates open?

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: June 21, 2014 02:26

OreStones
Explain please.

Yes, the location has changed. We are playin' at Nag's Head 'cause we're trying to be half way between the Stones Hotel and Circo Massimo. Parco Shuster was a bit too far from the two.[/quote]

Do you need to buy tickets for this? really can't wait for this!

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 21, 2014 03:14

Deleted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-21 03:50 by EJM.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 21, 2014 04:43

Arrived here on friday afternoon, at Termini station I saw already few fans with tongue t-shirt. I am sure that today Rome will be invaded and full of fans from allover italy and europe. So nice ..

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 21, 2014 06:27

Rome poster is brilliant.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1609
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home