Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14
Re: ROME Italy 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: June 8, 2014 23:31

I am planning on leaving the next morning after the concert. The only thing that worries me is that I am going to take with me my camera gear and I am wondering what to do with it at the day of the concert. Thanks in advance for any help or tip.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 9, 2014 00:09

I know there is a left luggage facility at Rome termini train station and it charges 6 euros for the first 5 hours and 90c for every additional hour but it is only open from 6am until 11pm every day so depends on your plans.

Hope this helps,enjoy the show.

Nate

Date: June 9, 2014 00:18

STONES85
Does anyone know what time the gates open up? is it just john Mayer opening up or are their other acts? Whats a reasonable time to show up to get a good spot?
My ticket says gates open at 4pm but I have heard that they are opening at 1pm so probably will only know when in Rome.

I'm not sure what other acts if any there are.

From the map this gig looks not dissimilar to Hyde park last year both of which I was at,the first show gates opened at midday and I went in about 4pm and got very close to the end of the runway and the second show I went in about 7.30 pm and still got pretty close.

Temperatures in Rome this week are hitting over 30 so going in as soon as the gates open will be hard work standing in that heat all day.

Enjoy the show cool smiley

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-09 00:21 by Nate.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: June 9, 2014 00:26

Thanks a lot for the info, but I don't think hours are very convenient.Does anyone know what's the policy for cameras in that particular concert? If I have a messenger type of bag would I be able to pass the gate?

Date: June 9, 2014 00:36

StratoGR
Thanks a lot for the info, but I don't think hours are very convenient.Does anyone know what's the policy for cameras in that particular concert? If I have a messenger type of bag would I be able to pass the gate?

Not sure about the rules regarding taking things in but be sure to try and find out first before turning up at the gig and being told you can't bring it in because if you have some serious camera equipment then they might think your there in a professional capacity and refuse you entry with your equipment.

Nate

Posted by: grizzlybear ()
Date: June 9, 2014 23:24

zgubi
My route home from Zurich included a quick stopover in Rome, with transit time and everything I had around 50 minutes to go somewhere.

I went to Circo Massimo and then walked all to the Colosseum, enjoyed the view for half an hour and returned to the airport.

There was a great feeling in the air, I very much wish I could return on the 22nd, will try to sort things out to make it.

Here are some pics:

Thanks for the great pics ! For sure a fantastic venue.
Only a few days to go smiling smiley

Cheers,
grizzly

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 10, 2014 18:33

Nate
Temperatures in Rome this week are hitting over 30 so going in as soon as the gates open will be hard work standing in that heat all day.
Nate

I am starting to panic about the weather! I really don't take heat and humidity well. I only just managed at Hyde Park 2 - got there 30 minutes before the Stones came on stage.

Been away for a few days catching up with my brother - and today have (finally!) got the chance to sort things out. At a ridiculously late stage!

As I'm going on my own, I didn't really want to be stuck at the back.

I really hate the thought of using viagogo or a similar site but I'm considering getting a pit ticket (and offloading my GA ticket). And spending show day in the hotel with air-con (but bit of shame not to see any of Rome, and meet up with IORReans).

Date: June 10, 2014 18:54

Sorry, I have another question!

How are people planning on getting back after the concert (to hotels, etc)? I know the metro will have finished by then and I don't suppose everyone is getting cabs (if so, there'll be a long wait...).

Will it be safe to walk, i.e. to Termini area? I guess there will lots of people heading that way?

I know I'm panicking slightly about things but I haven't been abroad for a number of years, and this will be the first time I go alone (I've been alone to Stones concerts before but never abroad).

Date: June 10, 2014 20:47

Hi Martha,have you seen the map of the concert because if you get in early enough you don't need a pit ticket as a G.A ticket can get you front of stage check out the map www.the-base.it or maybe you don't want to get in there too early because of the heat it's your choice but I'd be more worried about getting burnt by viagogo than the sun.
I think that walking back to the termini area would be safe as it's not that far and it will be mostly stones fans all around.

Nate

Date: June 10, 2014 22:12

Nate
Hi Martha,have you seen the map of the concert because if you get in early enough you don't need a pit ticket as a G.A ticket can get you front of stage check out the map www.the-base.it or maybe you don't want to get in there too early because of the heat it's your choice but I'd be more worried about getting burnt by viagogo than the sun.
I think that walking back to the termini area would be safe as it's not that far and it will be mostly stones fans all around.

Nate

Thanks, Nate.

It is the heat I'm worried about. I don't cope well in London so dread to think how I'll be in Rome... Found Hyde Park hard going (the 2nd show) although once I'd sat down (before Stones came on) and had water I did feel a bit better.

I'd love to be close to the front but would have settled for being further back - except that because I'll be on my own, I would rather be nearer the action.

But you're right about Viagogo. I'd hate to use them.

I'll have to see how it goes, I suppose. I plan to bring a water spray, straw hat, and lots of water so perhaps it will be okay.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: June 10, 2014 22:30

grizzlybear
zgubi
My route home from Zurich included a quick stopover in Rome, with transit time and everything I had around 50 minutes to go somewhere.

I went to Circo Massimo and then walked all to the Colosseum, enjoyed the view for half an hour and returned to the airport.

There was a great feeling in the air, I very much wish I could return on the 22nd, will try to sort things out to make it.

Here are some pics:

Thanks for the great pics ! For sure a fantastic venue.
Only a few days to go smiling smiley

Cheers,
grizzly

grizzly, think I might just meet you there smiling smiley got a one way flight and a possibility of a ticket, return is either home either on to Spain

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: RG ()
Date: June 11, 2014 21:12

OreStones

I visit the gig with some friends from Holland. Anyone who could tell me where this pre-party is? Name pub? Address? What time they'll start playing?
Thanks!

Posted by: vicio ()
Date: June 12, 2014 01:17

Hi,
I saw yesterday the Waldbhune fantastic concert with my wife! We bought two tickets for Rome, circo massimo's concert, but we can't go for work. We sell the 2 tickets. I bought them 100 euros each, from ticketone (I can send a photo), and I sell them at the same price.
This is my mail: vincorrer@gmail.com. I'll be in Rome, for work, 18 and 19th of june, for hand delivery. If you want, I can ship them.
Thanks,
vicio

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: June 12, 2014 12:02

ROME lucky dip tickets.

Can any Italian speakers contact TicketOne and find out WHEN and WHERE we collect lucky dip tickets and then post your answers here ??

I can get no answers from them, but cannot speak Italian.

thanks

Posted by: nankerzrk ()
Date: June 12, 2014 13:55

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-12 14:42 by nankerzrk.

Date: June 12, 2014 23:40

this concert has it's own Android app!
[play.google.com]

there's an iphone version too.

app's called Rome On Fire grinning smiley wicked name!

Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Date: June 13, 2014 10:54

new tickets go on sale in about an hour:
[www.ticketone.it]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 13, 2014 12:13

Hope they do the same thing with Madrid tix.

Nothing been on sale since first day.

Date: June 13, 2014 16:13

I got that alert from TicketOne.

Sadly no pit tickets... I suppose there might have been? I didn't check here or my email until very recently.

If I can't get a pit (I've decided against the likes of Viagogo as I don't trust them and don't want to give them my money), I'm trying to be prepared for a wait in the heat...I've bought a hat, a travel electric fan (and a paper fan) and some kind of cooling spray!

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: June 13, 2014 18:36

zgubi
[play.google.com]

Sadly it is only available in the Italian itunes store only in Italian moody smiley
Really do not understand this mentality. Why can't we have an English version? Do they sell tickets only to Italians? Of course not!! Tickets have been sold all over the world. So why can't we have a version in English? Huge mistake by the organizers.

Date: June 13, 2014 19:28

dimrstone
zgubi
[play.google.com]

Sadly it is only available in the Italian itunes store only in Italian moody smiley
Really do not understand this mentality. Why can't we have an English version? Do they sell tickets only to Italians? Of course not!! Tickets have been sold all over the world. So why can't we have a version in English? Huge mistake by the organizers.

Is it possible to translate? Not sure if that's a stupid question! I know nothing about smartphones or apps - but I'm planning to buy a smartphone in the next day or so. Was happy with my normal mobile but as I'm travelling solo to Rome, I thought it might be useful to be able to check in at IORR (and emails). And I thought this app might be useful - but like you, I don't speak Italian.

Posted by: jacopo ()
Date: June 13, 2014 19:47

RG
I visit the gig with some friends from Holland. Anyone who could tell me where this pre-party is? Name pub? Address? What time they'll start playing?
Thanks!

Hi!
here's all informations about the party:

Waiting for THE ROLLING STONES
Fans Meet Up!

Saturday June 21, 2014
Parco Schuster San Paolo
Via Ostiense (near Basilica di San Paolo - Metro B ) - H 20:30

Beer and Live Music with the Rolling Stones Tribute Bands:
Le Pietre Rotolanti & Donkeys Forever

[www.rockcityroma.com]
[www.rollingstonesitalia.com]

Posted by: joelle ()
Date: June 13, 2014 19:48

Kingbeebuzz
ROME lucky dip tickets.

Can any Italian speakers contact TicketOne and find out WHEN and WHERE we collect lucky dip tickets and then post your answers here ??

I can get no answers from them, but cannot speak Italian.

thanks

Regarding Paris, lucky dip ticket holders received an email quoting all details - When and Where - just on Tuesday (so three days before), Rome being on June 22nd, you still have time.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: June 13, 2014 20:44

So I got a pit ticket in my shopping cart--it needs an Italian address. I put in the correct address for the hotel in Rome but it kept saying the "check the province" even though I put the correct province in as Roma. And the ticketone number doesn't seem to be working from the States. Any advice?

Posted by: joelle ()
Date: June 13, 2014 21:24

hooked
So I got a pit ticket in my shopping cart--it needs an Italian address. I put in the correct address for the hotel in Rome but it kept saying the "check the province" even though I put the correct province in as Roma. And the ticketone number doesn't seem to be working from the States. Any advice?

The correct province for Roma is Lazio (Latium).

Date: June 13, 2014 21:34

Joelle--thank you for responding. That's what I thought too but Lazio or Latium isn't an option in the drop down menu in ticketone. Any other possibilities? Totally frustrating be the pits tickets look like they're gone now.

Date: June 13, 2014 21:49

Hooked - that's such a shame! Guess it's worth trying again over the next hour or so?

I tried a few times earlier today and no pit tickets were available so it seems it's worth trying every so often. Although not much point for me since I don't have the hotel confirmed! (I have booked a hotel but have decided to stay somewhere else and am choosing between three options).

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 13, 2014 22:19

hooked
Joelle--thank you for responding. That's what I thought too but Lazio or Latium isn't an option in the drop down menu in ticketone. Any other possibilities? Totally frustrating be the pits tickets look like they're gone now.

Lazio is a region, nothing to do with the province.

The province of Rome indeed is Rome (often abbreviated RM).

Try verifying if you inserted the correct postal code (it should be 001xx)

C

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 13, 2014 22:49

Last news:Metro stop to go is Linea B from Termini Third stop "Circo Massimo", when the show is finished "Circo Massino" stop will be closed, so the first stop to Termini will be "Colosseo"(about ten minutes walking from Circo Massimo...)and after two stop it arrives in Roma Termini station.Metro lines will be open till 1.30 o'clock a.m.

Massimiliano

Date: June 13, 2014 23:01

Hey Liddas-I did try Roma also as the province and had the correct postal code (00186). I think it was a glitch on the ticketone site. I tried everything and nothing worked and then got timed out. I even got back in twice more because tickets were popping up but still kept getting the same problem. I do have lucky dip tickets so I'm still going--but would have liked the upgrade. I emaield ticketone but i'm sure that's futile. Will keep an eye out if more tix pop up. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1457
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home