Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 14
Re: ROME Italy 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 8, 2014 15:57

Did you know that the Vatican has the highest crime rate per capita in the world.

Thanks
Nate

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 8, 2014 16:55

Nate
Did you know that the Vatican has the highest crime rate per capita in the world.

Thanks
Nate

grinning smiley Well, we know why. Another reason to stay away from it.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 8, 2014 17:13

MarthaTuesday
kleermaker
It's a good place to visit alone, if you would ask me. As I said before: so much to see. If you stay in a hotel in the neighbourhood of Termini station it's easy to go to any place in the city. They have a metro, buses, everything. Maybe you can get some city guidebook and a proper map.

Wild Slivowitz here lives 2 hours from Rome, so he could tell you more details.

Thanks. That's good to know. I have a provisional hotel booking near to Termini station so it seems I'll be well placed to get out and about. I'm sure I'll be fine. And I may yet get hold of my extremely busy friend!

Well, yes, I think that you will have a good time in Rome. 2-3 days is just an adequate time to visit the town. As many other mentioned, There's really a lot to visit. Also, if you've got some spare time you may want to make a day trip to Napoli (where I live) or maybe Capri or some other island, if you fancy going to the seaside. But I think you will have plenty of stuff to see in Rome.

One thing you have to know is that the Termini Station district at night is not really the safest place, so You might want to watch out a little bit at night. Of course, if you will join the other guys who are also staying in Termini there will be no problem whatsoever.

However, The termini station is very well connected to the rest of the city, so in that respect is a very good starting point for your visits. Please also note that unlike the underground (which works well, even if doesn't go to all directions in the city) the buses usually don't work very well in Rome.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: April 9, 2014 00:48

Wild Slivovitz
MarthaTuesday
kleermaker
It's a good place to visit alone, if you would ask me. As I said before: so much to see. If you stay in a hotel in the neighbourhood of Termini station it's easy to go to any place in the city. They have a metro, buses, everything. Maybe you can get some city guidebook and a proper map.

Wild Slivowitz here lives 2 hours from Rome, so he could tell you more details.

Thanks. That's good to know. I have a provisional hotel booking near to Termini station so it seems I'll be well placed to get out and about. I'm sure I'll be fine. And I may yet get hold of my extremely busy friend!

Well, yes, I think that you will have a good time in Rome. 2-3 days is just an adequate time to visit the town. As many other mentioned, There's really a lot to visit. Also, if you've got some spare time you may want to make a day trip to Napoli (where I live) or maybe Capri or some other island, if you fancy going to the seaside. But I think you will have plenty of stuff to see in Rome.

One thing you have to know is that the Termini Station district at night is not really the safest place, so You might want to watch out a little bit at night. Of course, if you will join the other guys who are also staying in Termini there will be no problem whatsoever.

However, The termini station is very well connected to the rest of the city, so in that respect is a very good starting point for your visits. Please also note that unlike the underground (which works well, even if doesn't go to all directions in the city) the buses usually don't work very well in Rome.

Thank you, Wild Slivovitz, and everyone else for all the helpful tips. All very much appreciated!

I was a bit dubious about termini station (had heard it could be a bit dodgy at night) - but guess I should be fine after the Stones show (guessing I won't be the only Stones fan heading back to a hotel in that area). And I'm not going to be around later in the evening any other time there (well, not on my own anyhow).

Stereomanic - glasses of wine with fellow Stones travellers sounds good! Did you find an extra ticket yet? I've given my friend until Thursday. I don't want to keep holding off on booking flights. We had confirmed the trip together however so I'm reluctant to sell his ticket without giving him a few days to get back to me. So if you're still looking for a spare ticket later this week, I can let you know then.

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: April 9, 2014 01:15

MarthaTuesday
Thank you, Wild Slivovitz, and everyone else for all the helpful tips. All very much appreciated!

I was a bit dubious about termini station (had heard it could be a bit dodgy at night) - but guess I should be fine after the Stones show (guessing I won't be the only Stones fan heading back to a hotel in that area). And I'm not going to be around later in the evening any other time there (well, not on my own anyhow).

Stereomanic - glasses of wine with fellow Stones travellers sounds good! Did you find an extra ticket yet? I've given my friend until Thursday. I don't want to keep holding off on booking flights. We had confirmed the trip together however so I'm reluctant to sell his ticket without giving him a few days to get back to me. So if you're still looking for a spare ticket later this week, I can let you know then.

I think you will definitely be fine, plenty of Stones fans on the streets :-) You would be more than welcome to join us too.

I haven't found the extra ticket yet no...im posting around on facebook also, to see if anyone has a spare. Last resort will be viagogo but their fees and prices are huge and sounds like the whole thing is a bit of a risk. So I would rather buy from a fellow fan and I would be happy to pay you a bit extra and buy your first glass of wine out there as a thank you :-)

We booked our flights RyanAir from stansted leaving sat 21st coming back monday 23rd for £93 return each! Very very cheap. Sounds like your dead set on going now!

Date: April 9, 2014 02:04

stereomanic
MarthaTuesday

I think you will definitely be fine, plenty of Stones fans on the streets :-) You would be more than welcome to join us too.

I haven't found the extra ticket yet no...im posting around on facebook also, to see if anyone has a spare. Last resort will be viagogo but their fees and prices are huge and sounds like the whole thing is a bit of a risk. So I would rather buy from a fellow fan and I would be happy to pay you a bit extra and buy your first glass of wine out there as a thank you :-)

We booked our flights RyanAir from stansted leaving sat 21st coming back monday 23rd for £93 return each! Very very cheap. Sounds like your dead set on going now!

Thanks, stereomanic - sounds like fun meeting up with fellow stones fans in Rome and enjoying a few drinks. smileys with beer

I'll try to get back to you tomorrow about the ticket. It would be good to help out a stones fan (and keep custom away from Viagogo!). I'd only want what I paid (face value).

Those flights you got are a good price, and look similar to what I've been checking out, which is why I want my friend to commit to booking them before prices rise!

And yes, think I'm more or less set on Rome now. Still tempted by Stockholm but I've already got the Rome tickets and a hotel booking and it's less stressful to stick to the plan!

Date: April 9, 2014 11:38

MarthaTuesday
stereomanic
MarthaTuesday

Thanks, stereomanic - sounds like fun meeting up with fellow stones fans in Rome and enjoying a few drinks. smileys with beer

I'll try to get back to you tomorrow about the ticket. It would be good to help out a stones fan (and keep custom away from Viagogo!). I'd only want what I paid (face value).

Those flights you got are a good price, and look similar to what I've been checking out, which is why I want my friend to commit to booking them before prices rise!

And yes, think I'm more or less set on Rome now. Still tempted by Stockholm but I've already got the Rome tickets and a hotel booking and it's less stressful to stick to the plan!

Okay, no rush about the ticket. :-) Obviously you should make sure your friend definitely isn't coming first.

I think Rome is definitely the right choice! And definitely worth spending 2 or 3 nights there if you can, do the Colosseum tour, Vatican, eat lots of pizza, drink lots of wine etc grinning smiley

We are staying at the Soggiorno Emanuela hotel right in front of the Termini Station so you can join us whenever you like, quite a mixed bunch but we’re all friendly grinning smiley

Where abouts in the UK are you from?

-Adam

Date: April 9, 2014 12:22

As far as pizza is concerned, don't expect to eat the "real" pizza in Rome. Unless the pizza maker is Neapolitan, you're not going to find it there!!!

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: April 9, 2014 23:11

Thankyou to Martha Tuesday and Kleermaker for answering my post.
Kingbeebuzz

Date: April 10, 2014 00:36

Wild Slivovitz
As far as pizza is concerned, don't expect to eat the "real" pizza in Rome. Unless the pizza maker is Neapolitan, you're not going to find it there!!!

Oh! I guess there's a lot of "tourist" pizza, i.e. not quite the "real" thing? I hope the pasta's good - I love pasta!

Date: April 10, 2014 00:42

stereomanic
Okay, no rush about the ticket. :-) Obviously you should make sure your friend definitely isn't coming first.

I think Rome is definitely the right choice! And definitely worth spending 2 or 3 nights there if you can, do the Colosseum tour, Vatican, eat lots of pizza, drink lots of wine etc grinning smiley

We are staying at the Soggiorno Emanuela hotel right in front of the Termini Station so you can join us whenever you like, quite a mixed bunch but we’re all friendly grinning smiley

-Adam

Hi Adam

Thought I should update you....I'm slowly getting somewhere with regards contacting my friend... Not quite there yet - haven't managed to speak but have received a text! To be fair, they have got a huge work thing on this week but I'm keen to get those flights booked!

Anyhow, if you're still looking for a ticket tomorrow, I will have a definite answer by then. I hope whatever my friend decides that you manage to find a (face value) ticket.

And a drink around Termini station sounds fun - whether I'm with my friend or not. We're both friendly too and it's always nice meeting new stones fans. smiling smiley

I'm in London. Whereabouts are you in the UK?

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: April 10, 2014 01:09

Monkeytonkman
Anyone out there gotta spare for Rome they wanna get rid of?

If so, message me here or Gimme a shout: monkeytonkman@yahoo.co.uk

No lick so far so thought give it another stab

Date: April 10, 2014 01:13

Kingbeebuzz
Thankyou to Martha Tuesday and Kleermaker for answering my post.
Kingbeebuzz

I hope you found the information you needed.

Date: April 10, 2014 01:16

Monkeytonkman, I don't want to give you false hope but I might have a spare. My travel buddy might be flaking out on me. I should (hope) to know by tomorrow.

If I do have a spare, I have promised it to Stereomanic but if he no longer needs one, I'll let you know.

Date: April 10, 2014 01:19

MarthaTuesday
Monkeytonkman, I don't want to give you false hope but I might have a spare. My travel buddy might be flaking out on me. I should (hope) to know by tomorrow.

If I do have a spare, I have promised it to Stereomanic but if he no longer needs one, I'll let you know.

Bless ya. I'm in if its goin spare

\m/

Date: April 10, 2014 02:01

MarthaTuesday
stereomanic

-Adam

Hi Adam

Thought I should update you....I'm slowly getting somewhere with regards contacting my friend... Not quite there yet - haven't managed to speak but have received a text! To be fair, they have got a huge work thing on this week but I'm keen to get those flights booked!

Anyhow, if you're still looking for a ticket tomorrow, I will have a definite answer by then. I hope whatever my friend decides that you manage to find a (face value) ticket.

And a drink around Termini station sounds fun - whether I'm with my friend or not. We're both friendly too and it's always nice meeting new stones fans. smiling smiley

I'm in London. Whereabouts are you in the UK?

No worries, very kind of you to keep me in the picture. :-) Not having much luck elsewhere at the moment so it's either you or Viagogo probably!

I'm in London too, north west in Ruislip. Seen the stones twice now...once in the o2 in 2012 and once in hyde park last year. Bit of a late starter really....can't believe I missed so many years of not seeing them! So Rome will be the 3rd and a great way to round it off even if they don't end up touring after this year! (although of course I hope and pray they come to London again at least one more time!!)

Do you have facebook? If you want to exchange facebooks my email is stereomanic@hotmail.co.uk and we can organise that drink in Rome once we get there!!

Date: April 10, 2014 02:11

As for pizza...well ive only been to Rome once and the food was amazing. I didnt stop eating....lol and I thought the pizza was good too. (Better than round here!)

Date: April 10, 2014 11:56

I suggest you guys go for the pasta instead (carbonara, amatriciana, ecc. ecc.). That one is good in Rome!

Date: April 10, 2014 23:35

Wild Slivovitz
I suggest you guys go for the pasta instead (carbonara, amatriciana, ecc. ecc.). That one is good in Rome!

That's good news for me. I do like pizza a lot but I just love pasta. Looking forward to scoffing lots in Rome!

Date: April 11, 2014 00:25

stereomanic
No worries, very kind of you to keep me in the picture. :-) Not having much luck elsewhere at the moment so it's either you or Viagogo probably!

I'm in London too, north west in Ruislip. Seen the stones twice now...once in the o2 in 2012 and once in hyde park last year. Bit of a late starter really....can't believe I missed so many years of not seeing them! So Rome will be the 3rd and a great way to round it off even if they don't end up touring after this year! (although of course I hope and pray they come to London again at least one more time!!)

Do you have facebook? If you want to exchange facebooks my email is stereomanic@hotmail.co.uk and we can organise that drink in Rome once we get there!!

Okay, so I have an update of sorts....friend has replied to my email. And it seems he still wants to come. But he can't talk until tomorrow afternoon!

I'm kind of torn because I can see how much you want the ticket (and I know what it's like trying to get a ticket)....And my friend isn't really a stones fan. He just wanted to come along and see what I've been going on about for so long. But if he's still keen on coming, I don't suppose I should sell his ticket...

I guess I'll have to give him until tomorrow when he's free to talk. I'm sorry I can't give you a clear answer on the ticket yet. And I don't want to give you false hope. It's probably around 70% likely my friend will come. So it's probably best you try and get a ticket from elsewhere - and I really hope you find one (preferably at face value!).

I don't do facebook...I'm the odd one out of my friends in that respect. I just couldn't get into it. But I can be contacted at MarthaTuesday@outlook.com. Regardless of whether my friend comes or not, we should all meet up in Rome for a Stones drink!

I'm in Kentish Town but have family fairly near to Ruislip - in Stanmore.

Oh, and yes, another UK gig would indeed be fantastic! But it's actually quite cool for me to go and see them abroad. A really good excuse for me to get away and see somewhere new.

I felt that way too when I first got into the stones. I was 19 but it was just after they finished a tour...I absolutely couldn't understand how I didn't realise sooner! I was instantly hooked and wanted to go and see them live. And I'd just missed their latest tour!

Don't feel bad about missing them before. You've seen two great shows and have another one (at least) to go.smiling smiley You might have got to them late but you're enjoying them now. I'm hoping (if he comes) my friend will also "see the light"...

Date: April 11, 2014 11:06

MarthaTuesday
stereomanic

Okay, so I have an update of sorts....friend has replied to my email. And it seems he still wants to come. But he can't talk until tomorrow afternoon!

I'm kind of torn because I can see how much you want the ticket (and I know what it's like trying to get a ticket)....And my friend isn't really a stones fan. He just wanted to come along and see what I've been going on about for so long. But if he's still keen on coming, I don't suppose I should sell his ticket...

I guess I'll have to give him until tomorrow when he's free to talk. I'm sorry I can't give you a clear answer on the ticket yet. And I don't want to give you false hope. It's probably around 70% likely my friend will come. So it's probably best you try and get a ticket from elsewhere - and I really hope you find one (preferably at face value!).

I don't do facebook...I'm the odd one out of my friends in that respect. I just couldn't get into it. But I can be contacted at MarthaTuesday@outlook.com. Regardless of whether my friend comes or not, we should all meet up in Rome for a Stones drink!

I'm in Kentish Town but have family fairly near to Ruislip - in Stanmore.

Oh, and yes, another UK gig would indeed be fantastic! But it's actually quite cool for me to go and see them abroad. A really good excuse for me to get away and see somewhere new.

I felt that way too when I first got into the stones. I was 19 but it was just after they finished a tour...I absolutely couldn't understand how I didn't realise sooner! I was instantly hooked and wanted to go and see them live. And I'd just missed their latest tour!

Don't feel bad about missing them before. You've seen two great shows and have another one (at least) to go.smiling smiley You might have got to them late but you're enjoying them now. I'm hoping (if he comes) my friend will also "see the light"...

Oh don't worry, I am sure once your friend goes to a stones concert for the first time he may well convert into a fan ;-)

I'll scratch around for a ticket for another week and then give in viagogo if I have to....it's just a case of whatever it takes really, there may not be another opportunity!

My first stones experience was walking past the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff in August 2006 thinking....whose this playing? and I just kept on walking......
....about 5 years later I was re-introduced to the stones songs at a party when I was DJing and my friends Dad came up to me and said "oh put some stones on!" and I thought hmmm...okay started playing some stones and couldn't believe they had done so many songs I obviously already knew very well. After that I just had to see them ;-)

I've taken down your email and we can definitely meet up for a predrink ready for the stones party!!

Posted by: STONES85 ()
Date: April 12, 2014 22:07

Hey guys,

I am a HUGE Stones fan and I need to come see them in Rome. Is anyone selling tickets or does anyone know where I can get tickets?

Date: April 14, 2014 12:40

Ah bollocks.

Booked my flight. Just gotta worry bout snagging a ticket now

\m/

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: April 15, 2014 22:52

gotdablouse
They can probably get the local promoter to setup a catwalk/bstage, it's pretty generic, except for the monitors on the side I suppose but they only really need them when Ronnie and Keith go there which is not very often unfortunately...

Nice summary liddas !

Here's the "seating plan" per eventtravel [www.eventtravel.com]

Any better seating plan's than this available? Wondered if there's a catwalk/b-stage?

Date: April 16, 2014 01:04

Stereomanic - are you still looking for a spare ticket?

I was holding off posting here until I was absolutely sure, but my friend has changed his mind again! I've given him every opportunity and put things off for an extra few days. But it's time to plan without him...

So, if you're still looking for a face value ticket, just let me know - either here or by email. And if you have found one already, I hope you didn't pay too much (I'd feel bad when I have one spare afterall).

Monkeytonkman - if you still need one, I'll let you know if Stereomanic no longer needs one.

Date: April 16, 2014 18:26

Thanks.

Here's my moby if I'm in with a shout 07710403274

\m/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-16 20:12 by Monkeytonkman.

Date: April 16, 2014 21:15

MarthaTuesday

I was holding off posting here until I was absolutely sure, but my friend has changed his mind again! I've given him every opportunity and put things off for an extra few days. But it's time to plan without him...

So, if you're still looking for a face value ticket, just let me know - either here or by email. And if you have found one already, I hope you didn't pay too much (I'd feel bad when I have one spare afterall).

Monkeytonkman - if you still need one, I'll let you know if Stereomanic no longer needs one.

emailed you :-)

Date: April 16, 2014 23:25

stereomanic
MarthaTuesday

emailed you :-)

Just replied. smiling smiley

Date: April 16, 2014 23:28

Monkeytonkman
Thanks.

Here's my moby if I'm in with a shout 07710403274

\m/

I'm sorry - looks like Stereomanic's taking the ticket. But...since my friend dropped out at a late stage and flight prices have gone up, I'm reconsidering my plans. I may sell my Rome ticket as well and see the stones in Australia instead. I'm going to Oz anyway to visit my brother so might bring the trip forward. I'll let you know if I sell the second ticket (want to speak to my brother and discuss with him).

Hope you find something if not!

Posted by: STONES85 ()
Date: April 17, 2014 18:16

Are you still selling that extra ticket?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1441
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home