Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 14
Re: ROME Italy 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: April 4, 2014 01:32

yorkshirestone
It was UPS tracked delivery, signature required, but didn't have to be cardholder. Envelope was massive too.

I didn't have to sign for mine....the envelope (and yes, it was big!) was just put through my letter-box.

Oh, and yes. I had to pay all the extra fees too (and also bought in the general sale). To be honest, I didn't even look properly at what they were as I knew it would be the same as any concert I'd bought tickets for recently - some kind of fee charge (on top of delivery fee)....sale fee, service fee, admin fee, whatever they want to call it....

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: April 4, 2014 13:48

Hi all..................some advice please if you can.

I have 2 Lucky Dip tickets for Rome concert but have walking difficulties and cannot stand for too long so............;

1. Any guesses where the Lucky Dip entrance might be? If the stage is at West end (closest to the River Tiber) where might the entrance be?

2. Once inside the Circo Massimo, is it all flat or are the sides sloping grass so that I could sit on the ground on a side slope?

Thank you in advance to anyone who knows the venue.
thanks.

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: April 4, 2014 22:11

Hello
Just received (in fact I had to go to pickup at UPS office) my tickets.
Full red ! Wow, very nice.
See U in Roma

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: April 5, 2014 00:49

Anyone out there gotta spare for Rome they wanna get rid of?

If so, message me here or Gimme a shout: monkeytonkman@yahoo.co.uk

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 5, 2014 09:53

Got my tickets delivered yesterday! Shipped in one day, very quick. Excellent service.

Date: April 5, 2014 17:35

Hello
Tickets are here, great.
On tickets it's said "support act John Mayer"

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 5, 2014 17:42

lenurb

Yuck!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 5, 2014 17:42

lenurb

Yuck! Bring back Bon Jovi like in 1995! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: April 6, 2014 23:19

Anyone have any advice on buying a ticket via a 3rd party website? i.e. these viagogo type websites.

I would prefer to buy knowing that "tickets are in hand" and get dispatched now rather than waiting until very near the event but I dont know if these websites are trustworthy?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 6, 2014 23:50

I have seen a site called safe concerts and there are about 45 reviews on there about viagogo I think 40 of them must of been very bad reviews by customers who experienced lots of problems with viagogo , I was reading it because I myself was thinking of using them to sell my tickets 1 for Paris and 1 for Rome as I think I'm just going to the Madrid concert now but I think I will now steer clear of viagogo,I was thinking of selling my tickets on here but I don't have experience of this so not sure how to go about it with regards to buyer collecting ticket and me getting paid, anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated,I have 1 ticket for Paris and 1 ticket for Rome

Thanks
Nate

Date: April 7, 2014 00:22

Nate
I have seen a site called safe concerts and there are about 45 reviews on there about viagogo I think 40 of them must of been very bad reviews by customers who experienced lots of problems with viagogo , I was reading it because I myself was thinking of using them to sell my tickets 1 for Paris and 1 for Rome as I think I'm just going to the Madrid concert now but I think I will now steer clear of viagogo,I was thinking of selling my tickets on here but I don't have experience of this so not sure how to go about it with regards to buyer collecting ticket and me getting paid, anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated,I have 1 ticket for Paris and 1 ticket for Rome

Thanks
Nate

I have also heard bad things about viagogo. Not sure I want to take the risk of tickets not showing up!

I would be interested in your Rome ticket. Do you have the ticket in hand? I think paypal is a good method for payment?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-07 00:29 by stereomanic.

Date: April 7, 2014 00:38

Hi stereomanic

The ticket is supposed to be delivered to me tomorrow so yes I will have the ticket in hand, yes PayPal sounds ok but as I've never done this before I'm wondering how it works with regards to trust do I send tickets in post and then you pay or how does it work just seems a bit tricky to try and find best way to do a deal,any advice would be great

Thanks
Nate

Date: April 7, 2014 00:56

Nate
Hi stereomanic

The ticket is supposed to be delivered to me tomorrow so yes I will have the ticket in hand, yes PayPal sounds ok but as I've never done this before I'm wondering how it works with regards to trust do I send tickets in post and then you pay or how does it work just seems a bit tricky to try and find best way to do a deal,any advice would be great

Thanks
Nate

Hi Nate, no I would pay you by Paypal first and then you send tickets once you have the money from me. Ive seen your email advertising for the paris ticket so I will drop you an email now. You will make the 11th person in our obsessive stones group a very happy man!!

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: April 7, 2014 12:15

My pit tickets arrived today with UPS just during my breakfast. Best way to start a new week. :-)

Date: April 7, 2014 19:04

MarthaTuesday
yorkshirestone
It was UPS tracked delivery, signature required, but didn't have to be cardholder. Envelope was massive too.

I didn't have to sign for mine....the envelope (and yes, it was big!) was just put through my letter-box.

Oh, and yes. I had to pay all the extra fees too (and also bought in the general sale). To be honest, I didn't even look properly at what they were as I knew it would be the same as any concert I'd bought tickets for recently - some kind of fee charge (on top of delivery fee)....sale fee, service fee, admin fee, whatever they want to call it....

Have you made your decision Martha about going to Rome? ;-)

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 7, 2014 19:24

stereomanic
MarthaTuesday
yorkshirestone

All roads lead to Rome.

Date: April 7, 2014 20:48

Hi stereomanic

Thanks for the email you sent me I just tried to reply but my email doesn't seem to be working right now either haha anyway my plans seem to be changing daily so sorry to mess you around but I may keep the ticket now I will know my plans for sure by the end of this week,so if you find a ticket before somewhere else then go for it, if I decide later this week to sell then if your still looking it's yours if you want it,I'd only want face value and the postage fees for it.

Sorry for any inconvenience

Thanks
Nate

Date: April 7, 2014 23:19

kleermaker
stereomanic
MarthaTuesday
yorkshirestone

All roads lead to Rome.

I hope so! I decided to stop worrying about the weather and was getting excited about Rome. But now I can't get hold of my travel buddy to finalise flight booking!!! Tempted to sell his ticket and go alone as I want to nail down flights, which keep rising in price....might not do the friendship any good....

Just in case I can't get hold of him, what is Rome like as a place to visit alone? I'm only staying for 2 or 3 nights and the priority is the Stones but would like to check out some of the sights.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: April 7, 2014 23:25

I have 2 Lucky Dip tickets for Rome concert but have walking difficulties and cannot stand for too long so............;

1. Any guesses where the Lucky Dip entrance might be? If the stage is at West end (closest to the River Tiber) where might the entrance be?

2. Once inside the Circo Massimo, is it all flat or are the sides sloping grass so that I could sit on the ground on a side slope?

thanks.

Date: April 7, 2014 23:34

Kingbeebuzz

thanks.

I guess so, but I don't no the place well enough. You could google it and then you'll get an impression of it.

Date: April 7, 2014 23:39

Kingbeebuzz

thanks.

I would hope they will have a disabled section - for people with disabilities or who are unable to stand for long. I tried to find information on the ticketone.it website but can't - so I guess it might be best to contact their customer services and ask about this.

I hope you get your query answered - and with a satisfactory outcome.

Date: April 7, 2014 23:44

MarthaTuesday
kleermaker
stereomanic
MarthaTuesday
yorkshirestone

All roads lead to Rome.

I hope so! I decided to stop worrying about the weather and was getting excited about Rome. But now I can't get hold of my travel buddy to finalise flight booking!!! Tempted to sell his ticket and go alone as I want to nail down flights, which keep rising in price....might not do the friendship any good....

Just in case I can't get hold of him, what is Rome like as a place to visit alone? I'm only staying for 2 or 3 nights and the priority is the Stones but would like to check out some of the sights.

It's a good place to visit alone, if you would ask me. As I said before: so much to see. If you stay in a hotel in the neighbourhood of Termini station it's easy to go to any place in the city. They have a metro, buses, everything. Maybe you can get some city guidebook and a proper map.

Wild Slivowitz here lives 2 hours from Rome, so he could tell you more details.

Date: April 7, 2014 23:46

Going to Rome, kleerie?

Date: April 7, 2014 23:53

DandelionPowderman
Going to Rome, kleerie?

No Dandie, I was there last summer.

Date: April 8, 2014 00:03

kleermaker
It's a good place to visit alone, if you would ask me. As I said before: so much to see. If you stay in a hotel in the neighbourhood of Termini station it's easy to go to any place in the city. They have a metro, buses, everything. Maybe you can get some city guidebook and a proper map.

Wild Slivowitz here lives 2 hours from Rome, so he could tell you more details.

Thanks. That's good to know. I have a provisional hotel booking near to Termini station so it seems I'll be well placed to get out and about. I'm sure I'll be fine. And I may yet get hold of my extremely busy friend!

Date: April 8, 2014 00:40

MarthaTuesday
kleermaker
stereomanic
MarthaTuesday
yorkshirestone

All roads lead to Rome.

Rome is a lovely city to explore even on your own.
There is currently 10 of us going also staying near Termini station so you are welcome to join us for a few glasses of wine along the way!

We also have an 11th person who would love to come, so I'd gladly buy your spare ticket off you if your friend doesnt come.... :-)

Date: April 8, 2014 00:41

Nate
Hi stereomanic

Thanks for the email you sent me I just tried to reply but my email doesn't seem to be working right now either haha anyway my plans seem to be changing daily so sorry to mess you around but I may keep the ticket now I will know my plans for sure by the end of this week,so if you find a ticket before somewhere else then go for it, if I decide later this week to sell then if your still looking it's yours if you want it,I'd only want face value and the postage fees for it.

Sorry for any inconvenience

Thanks
Nate

Okay Nate, thanks for letting me know.

Date: April 8, 2014 15:15

Please allow me to tell my own story.
I was in Rome in 2007 (yes Stones)
If you plan to visit the Vatican museum, you'll have to wake up soon because there is a very very long queue.
Same, if you want to see the St Peter surch basement (with many many dead popes ...), start your tour with that, later in the day it is too crowdy. But in that case you cannot queue for the museum ...

Date: April 8, 2014 15:29

lenurb
Please allow me to tell my own story.
I was in Rome in 2007 (yes Stones)
If you plan to visit the Vatican museum, you'll have to wake up soon because there is a very very long queue.
Same, if you want to see the St Peter surch basement (with many many dead popes ...), start your tour with that, later in the day it is too crowdy. But in that case you cannot queue for the museum ...

My advice is not to visit the Vatican at all. See it during a city bus tour, that's enough. But who am I. I would say to those who visit Rome: go after the things you like the most to see. But on every corner of any street there's a surprise.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 8, 2014 15:48

kleermaker
But on every corner of any street there's a surprise.

This is how to discouver real Rome. thumbs up In 2007 we just had the 3 day pass for the underground (only 2 lines, but efficient) and we just stopped where th name sounded great. We found wonderful little restaurants ancient places where it seemed that no tourists have been around and it was full of Romans which you can't say if staying on the main track. Throw away Lonely Planet and just take your chance. This city is inspiring.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2269
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home