Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 14
Re: ROME Italy 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 1, 2014 19:03

Wild Slivovitz
kleermaker
Wroclaw
kleermaker
MarthaTuesday
kleermaker
MarthaTuesday
Was wondering if anyone's received their Rome tickets yet? People seem to have received their tickets for the German shows and Austria.

Also, I've never been to Rome before. I have hotel provisionally booked near Termini station. Will that be easy to get back to after the concert?

It's a long walk in my eyes. You better take the metro (blue line (linea B ), from Termini to Circo Massimo, direction south-west: [www.stuardtclarkesrome.com]). Anyway, Rome is a fantastic city: you are being surprised at any corner of any street. I've been there twice, last time last summer. Most beautiful city I know, though I love Barcelona too and Amsterdam is hard to beat as well.

Thanks - that's really helpful! I'm still looking into finding somewhere closer to stay (easier for after the show) but at least I have somewhere provisionally booked.

Rome certainly looks beautiful in all the pictures I've seen of it! Although if it wasn't for the Stones, I'd go when it was less hot... I'm not that comfortable in the heat especially if I'm being active and walking around lots...I guess I'll be drinking lots of water!

End of June is not the hottest time in Rome. I was there end of June too and it was very agreeable weather, very low air humidity. They sell water everywhere there. And if you're too heated you can always Standing In The Shadow.

Not in average, but it could get pretty hot already by May. I was in Rome once around Easter and 2 out of 3 days were definitely hot. Its not a problem when you just walk in the street but one may remember that in a standing event people are packed together and the heat effect MAY make you feel its much hotter. Come to think of it... anyone who attended HP#2 knows what I'm talking about.

But in the evening it certainly will cool down rather soon, so don't scare our dear Martha.

Guys in the summer Rome is one of the hottest town of Italy, also due to the fact that it's not on the seaside.

I suggest you be prepared to a very warm day, just in case.

Here's a graphic of the temperature in Rome through the year. July and August are the hottest months. But in June it's very agreeable, cooling down to about 15 degrees late in the evening. Anyway I was there at the end of June, last year, and the weather was just fine, certainly in the evening.

Scroll down and go with the mouse over the graphic and month June.
[www.weeronline.nl]

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 1, 2014 19:20

Ok, of course do what you feel will be best. I too hope that it's not going to be very hot, since I'm attending the concert as well. However, my piece of advice is not based on the internet, but on personal experience, since I live only two hours away from Rome and I know what the weather there is like. But I'm glad you experienced nice weather there last year!

Date: April 1, 2014 19:25

Wild Slivovitz
Ok, of course do what you feel will be best. I too hope that it's not going to be very hot, since I'm attending the concert as well. However, my piece of advice is not based on the internet, but on personal experience, since I live only two hours away from Rome and I know what the weather there is like. But I'm glad you experienced nice weather there last year!

grinning smiley You certainly know it better than I do!

Re: ROME, The Night Before..
Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: April 1, 2014 20:42

bestfour
austrianstones
stereomanic
filoca
[www.postepayfun.it]

Is this a legit site to buy tickets from?

is it legit ?[/quote
Hi Fellow Stones fans. Ordered my tickets from VIAGOGO for Rome. has anyone used
this agency, how did you find them, did they send tickets on time, thanks to anyone
who can advise ffspinning smiley sticking its tongue out[/quote

YIPPEEEE JUST GOT MY ROME TICKETS - From VIAGOGO, I would reccomend them to
anyone, you will pay above the tkt value but its worth itspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beerhot smiley

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: April 1, 2014 20:53

kleermaker
Wild Slivovitz

Again, thank you everyone for weather advice. All advice is much appreciated. smiling smiley

I still haven't decided what to do! But I must decide soon as I have to book flights... Think I'll make a final decision once my tickets arrive but am leaning towards trying to trade them for a different show. I tend to find warm weather harder than most of my friends and family - so am a bit concerned.... Not overly worried about the concert since it will be in the evening, but this would be my first visit to Rome and I don't want to miss out on the sights because I'm too tired out from the heat. Would still love to visit Rome but perhaps might be better for me to go in early Spring or Autumn. I'll see...

Posted by: TDive25 ()
Date: April 2, 2014 15:46

Hi all,

are the Rome-tickets e-tickets?

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: April 2, 2014 16:00

TDive25
Hi all,

are the Rome-tickets e-tickets?

Not as far as I am aware - the normal tickets I paid 20+ euros for postage for!!

And the lucky dip tickets are box office collection with ID required.

Posted by: TDive25 ()
Date: April 2, 2014 16:51

stereomanic
Not as far as I am aware - the normal tickets I paid 20+ euros for postage for!!

that's what I was thinking as well..

thanks

Date: April 2, 2014 17:08

MarthaTuesday
kleermaker
Wild Slivovitz

Again, thank you everyone for weather advice. All advice is much appreciated. smiling smiley

I still haven't decided what to do! But I must decide soon as I have to book flights... Think I'll make a final decision once my tickets arrive but am leaning towards trying to trade them for a different show. I tend to find warm weather harder than most of my friends and family - so am a bit concerned.... Not overly worried about the concert since it will be in the evening, but this would be my first visit to Rome and I don't want to miss out on the sights because I'm too tired out from the heat. Would still love to visit Rome but perhaps might be better for me to go in early Spring or Autumn. I'll see...

Please let know what you've decided and if it's Rome a short impression of the city would be appreciated.

Date: April 2, 2014 18:00

Kleermaker - will do!

I really must decide soon - need to book flights...

Thinking I'll give it until the end of this week. And by then my tickets should have arrived (I hope!), which will give me the push to either sell/trade or book flights.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: April 2, 2014 19:14

Any Italian speakers out there? Think this means my ticket is on its way? Thanks!

Gentile Cliente Robert Wakefield,
TicketOne ha il piacere di informarLa che il Suo ordine N. è stato preso in carico dal corriere espresso, pertanto da oggi potrà seguire l'andamento della sua consegna cliccando sul proprio codice di spedizione /tracking number che segue:

Date: April 2, 2014 19:15

MarthaTuesday
Kleermaker - will do!

Thinking I'll give it until the end of this week. And by then my tickets should have arrived (I hope!), which will give me the push to either sell/trade or book flights.

Go to Rome - its an amazing city!!!!!!! And the venue? In my opinion the best out of the 14 dates! Who can say they have seen The Rolling Stones in Circus Maximus?!? ;-)

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 2, 2014 19:21

yorkshirestone
Any Italian speakers out there? Think this means my ticket is on its way? Thanks!

Gentile Cliente Robert Wakefield,
TicketOne ha il piacere di informarLa che il Suo ordine N. è stato preso in carico dal corriere espresso, pertanto da oggi potrà seguire l'andamento della sua consegna cliccando sul proprio codice di spedizione /tracking number che segue:

Yes, its on it's way. Check the tracking number!

C

Date: April 2, 2014 19:23

Thanks, just clicked in it in my phone but taken me to Italian version of ups, will check on my PC with full site later. Exciting!

Date: April 2, 2014 19:29

stereomanic
MarthaTuesday
Kleermaker - will do!

Go to Rome - its an amazing city!!!!!!! And the venue? In my opinion the best out of the 14 dates! Who can say they have seen The Rolling Stones in Circus Maximus?!? ;-)

I would say the same, if the Rolling Stones were still the great band they were many decades ago. But if you go to see them anyway, go to Rome and Circus Maximus.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 2, 2014 20:01

kleermaker
stereomanic
MarthaTuesday
Kleermaker - will do!

I would say the same, if the Rolling Stones were still the great band they were many decades ago. But if you go to see them anyway, go to Rome and Circus Maximus.

Before people's expectaions start to build up too high, the "Circus Maximus" nowadays is just a grassy plain with a couple of ruins on one side. Don't expect nothing special from the concert venue in itself (a part from the historical relevance of the site).

I do not even think that it is an ideal location for a concert with this attendance, because the field is very narrow and long, so latecomers will be very far away from the stage.

Below is a pic of the party that was held there when Roma last won the Scudetto

The huge crowd was attracted to the venue with the then best and most sophisticated marketing strategies

I hope the Stones would do the same as they did with HTW in 81!

C

Posted by: grizzlybear ()
Date: April 2, 2014 23:53

MarthaTuesday
Kleermaker - will do!

Hi Martha,

If you decide to go to Rome, I wish you a great time. However if you want to sell the tickets, I would be the first in line for two pcs. Many thanks in advance.

Grizzly

Date: April 3, 2014 10:58

liddas
kleermaker
stereomanic
MarthaTuesday
Kleermaker - will do!

Before people's expectaions start to build up too high, the "Circus Maximus" nowadays is just a grassy plain with a couple of ruins on one side. Don't expect nothing special from the concert venue in itself (a part from the historical relevance of the site).

I do not even think that it is an ideal location for a concert with this attendance, because the field is very narrow and long, so latecomers will be very far away from the stage.

Below is a pic of the party that was held there when Roma last won the Scudetto

The huge crowd was attracted to the venue with the then best and most sophisticated marketing strategies

I hope the Stones would do the same as they did with HTW in 81!

C

Still looks pretty spectacular to me with the old ruins next to it!!!

And the historical significance on top!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 3, 2014 12:45

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 3, 2014 14:40

Circo Massimo is easily visible from the road and I'd imagine that anyone without a ticket could still get to hear the music. Probably there'll be crowds outside doing just that, unless they are somehow stopped from gathering.

Date: April 3, 2014 15:18

Ticket made it from Milan to UK! Roll on June!

Date: April 3, 2014 16:10

kleermaker
stereomanic
MarthaTuesday
Kleermaker - will do!

Oh, I definitely must see them at least once on this tour (and if money and other commitments permit, more than once). I still get that incredible thrill of excitement seeing them live! And I'm too young to have seen them decades ago....although I suppose it depends how many decades ago (first saw them in the 90s).

In terms of venue, it probably won't be the best for a good view - unless you have pit tickets....those elusive tickets that I did try to get without success! But I think I get what you're saying, Stereomanic. It certainly looks very atmospheric - and I've always loved history.

Anyhow, I wasn't near the front at Hyde Park and still thoroughly enjoyed myself... Having said all of this, if I can only go to one show this tour, I'm going to try and get front of stage tickets. Somehow!

Slightly more excited about Rome today....the tickets have arrived!! smileys with beer

Grizzybear - I'll only sell if I secure alternative tickets (different show or Rome pit) - but if I do, I'll let you know. I have to make some kind of decision fairly soon as I haven't booked flights yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-03 16:16 by MarthaTuesday.

Date: April 3, 2014 16:18

Beast
Circo Massimo is easily visible from the road and I'd imagine that anyone without a ticket could still get to hear the music. Probably there'll be crowds outside doing just that, unless they are somehow stopped from gathering.

Yes, unless people aren't allowed to do that, I can imagine it will be a bit like Hyde Park with people listening (and partying) outside.

I intend to do that for Black Sabbath at Hyde Park in July. All concert spending money this year is going on the Stones!

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 3, 2014 20:01

I did get a confirmation that the tickets are being send today.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 3, 2014 21:16

Hi,just wondering if anyone knows if when the tickets get delivered to your house you have to be at home to sign for them???

Thanks
Nate

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 3, 2014 22:57

Nate
Hi,just wondering if anyone knows if when the tickets get delivered to your house you have to be at home to sign for them???

Thanks
Nate

I think it is a signed letter but not in person (my guess) So somebody has te be at home, not necessarily you though. But that's how it works normally.

Date: April 3, 2014 23:04

It was UPS tracked delivery, signature required, but didn't have to be cardholder. Envelope was massive too.

Date: April 3, 2014 23:41

Ok thanks for info guys

Thanks
Nate

Date: April 3, 2014 23:46

One more thing I noticed when buying my ticket for Rome was that I had to pay an 11 euro pre sale fee but I did not buy it in the pre sale I bought it on the day the went on general release and through the official website,wondering if anyone else experienced this because it does not seem fair,I'm going to email the company and ask why.

Thanks
Nate

Date: April 3, 2014 23:54

Yeah i paid that too. After that and 20 euro postage it panned out at 99 gbp for a single ticket, quite an uplift on 78 euro.....

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1708
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home