Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 14
Re: ROME Italy 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 28, 2014 12:24

stereomanic
MarthaTuesday
Was wondering if anyone's received their Rome tickets yet? People seem to have received their tickets for the German shows and Austria.

Also, I've never been to Rome before. I have hotel provisionally booked near Termini station. Will that be easy to get back to after the concert?

Yep, almost everything is walkable in Rome :-)

That's good to know - thanks! Hope you've managed to get the tickets (I remember you were looking for some).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 12:25 by MarthaTuesday.

Re: ROME, The Night Before..
Posted by: florian ()
Date: March 28, 2014 21:36

OreStones
florian
@OreStones
Great, I will be there :-)
Could i buy the Tickets at the door of evening?

We still don't know if you'll need to have a ticket but if there's a ticket to buy you can get it on the place and it will be affordable for sure!

Great, see you there :-)

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: March 28, 2014 21:39

Whats the deal with touts/scalpers in Italy, any good?

Used to be quite a few hanging around gigs in the UK, nowadays I guess its all done on the internet. I used to like scalps, they performed a valuable community service and I got into plenty of gigs over the years thanks to them.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 29, 2014 13:32

Is this concert sold out? Any restricted view tickets?

Reason for the restricted view tickets is I'm not planning on visiting Rome, but if I had a ticket... Also if I didn't make it, losing money on a restricted view wont be that bad.

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: March 29, 2014 13:38

anyone already got his Rome tickets?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 29, 2014 13:47

MoreFastNumbers
Not me

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 29, 2014 13:50

Nope I don't have my ticket sent yet, but the money I paid to have it posted to me I'm expecting it to be personally delivered by someone on foot from Rome haha

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 29, 2014 14:01

Nate
Nope I don't have my ticket sent yet, but the money I paid to have it posted to me I'm expecting it to be personally delivered by someone on foot from Rome haha
hahahathumbs up

Date: March 29, 2014 16:07

MoreFastNumbers

No, haven't received mine yet. Wonder why Rome seems slower at sending out than the other shows?

MingSubu - I think it's sold out...at the moment...maybe a few more will become available nearer the time? No restricted view tickets as such but I guess general admission won't have a great view unless you get there early....there was just pit or general admission (and I think pit was only available in the Amex pre-sale).

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: March 29, 2014 16:20

MarthaTuesday
stereomanic
MarthaTuesday
Was wondering if anyone's received their Rome tickets yet? People seem to have received their tickets for the German shows and Austria.

Also, I've never been to Rome before. I have hotel provisionally booked near Termini station. Will that be easy to get back to after the concert?

That's good to know - thanks! Hope you've managed to get the tickets (I remember you were looking for some).

Ah still looking. My friend was holding out for UK shows and now ive tokd her its unlikely there will be any UK shows this year she now regrets not getting Rome tickets. But maybe more will become available nearer the time :-)

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 29, 2014 16:58

MarthaTuesday

It's a long walk in my eyes. You better take the metro (blue line (linea B ), from Termini to Circo Massimo, direction south-west: [www.stuardtclarkesrome.com]). Anyway, Rome is a fantastic city: you are being surprised at any corner of any street. I've been there twice, last time last summer. Most beautiful city I know, though I love Barcelona too and Amsterdam is hard to beat as well.

Date: March 29, 2014 17:07

kleermaker
MarthaTuesday

It's a long walk in my eyes. You better take the metro (blue line (linea B ), from Termini to Circo Massimo, direction south-west: [www.stuardtclarkesrome.com]). Anyway, Rome is a fantastic city: you are being surprised at any corner of any street. I've been there twice, last time last summer. Most beautiful city I know, though I love Barcelona too and Amsterdam is hard to beat as well.

Thanks - that's really helpful! I'm still looking into finding somewhere closer to stay (easier for after the show) but at least I have somewhere provisionally booked.

Rome certainly looks beautiful in all the pictures I've seen of it! Although if it wasn't for the Stones, I'd go when it was less hot... I'm not that comfortable in the heat especially if I'm being active and walking around lots...I guess I'll be drinking lots of water!

Date: March 29, 2014 17:21

stereomanic
MarthaTuesday
stereomanic
MarthaTuesday

Ah still looking. My friend was holding out for UK shows and now ive tokd her its unlikely there will be any UK shows this year she now regrets not getting Rome tickets. But maybe more will become available nearer the time :-)

I hope you do get some! I think just keep looking and some probably will come up. I've nearly always managed to get tickets to sold-out shows but sometimes it is at the last minute (I got tickets for the first 02 show 2 hours before it started!). Of course it's more nervewracking when there's flights and hotels to be booked (I know because I'm still considering trying to go to Paris or Copenhagen).

Date: March 29, 2014 17:28

MarthaTuesday
kleermaker
MarthaTuesday

Thanks - that's really helpful! I'm still looking into finding somewhere closer to stay (easier for after the show) but at least I have somewhere provisionally booked.

Rome certainly looks beautiful in all the pictures I've seen of it! Although if it wasn't for the Stones, I'd go when it was less hot... I'm not that comfortable in the heat especially if I'm being active and walking around lots...I guess I'll be drinking lots of water!

End of June is not the hottest time in Rome. I was there end of June too and it was very agreeable weather, very low air humidity. They sell water everywhere there. And if you're too heated you can always Standing In The Shadow.

Date: March 29, 2014 18:33

kleermaker
End of June is not the hottest time in Rome. I was there end of June too and it was very agreeable weather, very low air humidity. They sell water everywhere there. And if you're too heated you can always Standing In The Shadow.

Low humidity sounds reassuring. I guess I'm panicking needlessly.

I'm not too worried about the show since it will be in the evening - I just didn't want to feel too wiped out to enjoy walking around the city and seeing the sights during the day. But perhaps if the humidity isn't too bad, it should be fine...I'm from London and think it's the humidity that makes London so horrible in the heat...which is why I stayed in all day resting before both Hyde Park shows!

Re: ROME, The Night Before..
Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: March 29, 2014 19:04

austrianstones
stereomanic
filoca
[www.postepayfun.it]

Is this a legit site to buy tickets from?

is it legit ?[/quote
Hi Fellow Stones fans. Ordered my tickets from VIAGOGO for Rome. has anyone used
this agency, how did you find them, did they send tickets on time, thanks to anyone
who can advise ffspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: March 29, 2014 20:06

MarthaTuesday
kleermaker

Low humidity sounds reassuring. I guess I'm panicking needlessly.

I'm not too worried about the show since it will be in the evening - I just didn't want to feel too wiped out to enjoy walking around the city and seeing the sights during the day. But perhaps if the humidity isn't too bad, it should be fine...I'm from London and think it's the humidity that makes London so horrible in the heat...which is why I stayed in all day resting before both Hyde Park shows!

A nice way to 'discover' the highlights of the city in a comfortable way is to take a tour on a city tour bus. It's all just near Termini station and you can get out wherever you want and get in too at the relevant bus stops. Don't forget this: cool smiley and you also can wear a London hat to protect your head against the heat of the sun. smiling smiley. Enjoy Roma eterna!

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 29, 2014 21:32

kleermaker
MarthaTuesday
kleermaker
MarthaTuesday

Not in average, but it could get pretty hot already by May. I was in Rome once around Easter and 2 out of 3 days were definitely hot. Its not a problem when you just walk in the street but one may remember that in a standing event people are packed together and the heat effect MAY make you feel its much hotter. Come to think of it... anyone who attended HP#2 knows what I'm talking about.

Date: March 29, 2014 21:43

Wroclaw
kleermaker
MarthaTuesday
kleermaker
MarthaTuesday

Not in average, but it could get pretty hot already by May. I was in Rome once around Easter and 2 out of 3 days were definitely hot. Its not a problem when you just walk in the street but one may remember that in a standing event people are packed together and the heat effect MAY make you feel its much hotter. Come to think of it... anyone who attended HP#2 knows what I'm talking about.

But in the evening it certainly will cool down rather soon, so don't scare our dear Martha.

Date: March 29, 2014 23:31

Kleermaker and Wroclaw - Thank you both for your advice!

I was at HP#2....and that's why I wasn't close to the stage...I couldn't have gone early, it was too hot for me ....Still had a fantastic time though.

I think I should be okay for Rome concert. I'll just stand further back. I just don't want to be too hot to enjoy the sights as I plan to stay for a few days. I'm sure I'll be okay (and that bus tour sounds good). That said, I might still try and swap the tickets for another show...I'm discussing with my travel buddy.

Anyway, I appreciate your advice, both of you. smiling smiley

Btw, Kleermaker - talking of "standing in the shadow"...that would be a song I'd love for them to do! (not that I think they will).

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: March 31, 2014 12:15

I intend to go there with my wife and my 11 years old son.
I don't speak italian. Is there any site in english to purchase tickets for Rome?
Any help would be very much apreciated ..
Many thanks in advance.

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: March 31, 2014 15:50

Well I am definitely late on my ticket purchasing sad smiley

Semms that Viagogo is the only one offering now , so a few questions.

- Do you think there will be new tickets sold for that venue or is it a real sold out concert?
- What do you think of Viagogo. ( as a french , I must say that gogo is not really what I want to look like after buying the tickets....).

Thanks

Date: March 31, 2014 16:42

olympia

- Do you think there will be new tickets sold for that venue or is it a real sold out concert?
- What do you think of Viagogo. ( as a french , I must say that gogo is not really what I want to look like after buying the tickets....).

Thanks

It's almost a free concert, because Circo Massimo is just an open field.

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: April 1, 2014 00:49

kleermaker
olympia

Thanks

I am too late too, and this date is the best for me... Please, explane, do you mean it is possible to hear all without being really in the stadium? I`ve never been at stadiums, but really want to see The Stones, for the first time...

Date: April 1, 2014 01:34

kater-v
kleermaker
olympia

Thanks

I am too late too, and this date is the best for me... Please, explane, do you mean it is possible to hear all without being really in the stadium? I`ve never been at stadiums, but really want to see The Stones, for the first time...

Just google Circo Massimo. It's no stadium at all, but an antique racecourse (well, now my classical education pays off finally). It's just an open place. So you won't probably see them, but you can hear them even at Termini Station for free. smiling smiley

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: April 1, 2014 02:00

kleermaker
kater-v
kleermaker
olympia

Thanks

Just google Circo Massimo. It's no stadium at all, but an antique racecourse (well, now my classical education pays off finally). It's just an open place. So you won't probably see them, but you can hear them even at Termini Station for free. smiling smiley
Thank you, kleermaker!) I googled it. Now I understand))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-01 02:03 by kater-v.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:36

Anyone who recieved their tickets already?

Posted by: RG ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:37

Anyone who recieved their tickets already? (living outside Italy)

Date: April 1, 2014 15:41

RG
Anyone who recieved their tickets already? (living outside Italy)

I haven't received mine yet (I'm in the UK) but think they're on their way! Checked my account with Ticketone.it yesterday and in the Order Status section, it said "Express freight" (until yesterday it just said something like Ordered).

Hopefully we'll all get ours in the next few days! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 1, 2014 17:52

kleermaker
Wroclaw
kleermaker
MarthaTuesday
kleermaker
MarthaTuesday

But in the evening it certainly will cool down rather soon, so don't scare our dear Martha.

Guys in the summer Rome is one of the hottest town of Italy, also due to the fact that it's not on the seaside.

I suggest you be prepared to a very warm day, just in case.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1484
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home