Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14
ROME Italy 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 23, 2014 21:44

Please use this thread to discuss details about ticket sales, travel and more regarding the ROME Italy show of the Rolling Stones "14 on Fire" tour 2014:

Sun June 22
Circo Massimo
Rome, Italy

Thanks to Philip Bajo for this great map. See the Colosseum nearby.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-05 08:35 by bv.

Re: ROME Italy 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 25, 2014 01:50

Hi, I was wondering if anyone might know how close to the stage I will be able to get at the Rome concert with a general admission ticket?
Thanks

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: March 25, 2014 01:51

Nate
Hi, I was wondering if anyone might know how close to the stage I will be able to get at the Rome concert with a general admission ticket?
Thanks

My guess is that until the end of the catwalk/"B-stage".

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 25, 2014 13:59

MoreFastNumbers
Nate
Thanks

My guess is that until the end of the catwalk/"B-stage".

In fact nobody knows exactly.

There is a map circulating, but it is not officially confirmed.

What is confusing is that the "best" tickets (wherever they are) are described as "pit" (VIP or pit alone), but I doubt very much that they will use the tongue stage. Furthermore I was told that these "pit" tickets should be 3,000, while the capacity of the tongue pit was lower, if I am not mistaken (and the capacity of the "golden rings" should be more than 3,000).

In any case the promoter, to my explicit request, confirmed that the so called "pit" tickets (the 150 euro ones) are 100% front of stage.

I know that they are planning to place some bleachers somewhere (probably these will be some form of VIP package).

Probably, they are still keeping the VIP/PIT/WHATTAHELL capacities flexible in order to adjust to the demand ...

C

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: March 25, 2014 14:09

They have the capacity at this venue to make it a lot bigger than the 65,000 they have set it at.

I think there were over 250,000 people at the genesis one in 2007?

Anyway fingers crossed they release some more tickets, I have 8 so far but I have more friends that would like to come grinning smiley

Posted by: TDive25 ()
Date: March 25, 2014 14:44

I wonder what stage they will use. I was hoping for the Hyde Park stage in Rome.
But the Madrid show is only 3 days after the Rome gig... and they might want to use a bigger stage in Bernabeu..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-25 18:45 by TDive25.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 25, 2014 15:52

They can probably get the local promoter to setup a catwalk/bstage, it's pretty generic, except for the monitors on the side I suppose but they only really need them when Ronnie and Keith go there which is not very often unfortunately...

Nice summary liddas !

Here's the "seating plan" per eventtravel [www.eventtravel.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 25, 2014 16:09

I might still sell my Rome tickets (to pay for Roskilde and possibly Paris) but if I do go, does anyone have an idea what the atmosphere will be like in GA? I didn't manage to get pit/GC (I did try!).

I don't do well in the heat so have accepted I won't be anywhere close to the stage. It was the same for me at Hyde Park but I still had a fantastic time. At Hyde Park, the crowd around me (dancing, singing, etc) really added to the atmosphere (especially helpful when not near the front). I've never been to a concert abroad and was wondering what the crowd and atmosphere might be like further away from the stage in GA?

Date: March 25, 2014 16:21

MarthaTuesday
I might still sell my Rome tickets (to pay for Roskilde and possibly Paris) but if I do go, does anyone have an idea what the atmosphere will be like in GA? I didn't manage to get pit/GC (I did try!).

I don't do well in the heat so have accepted I won't be anywhere close to the stage. It was the same for me at Hyde Park but I still had a fantastic time. At Hyde Park, the crowd around me (dancing, singing, etc) really added to the atmosphere (especially helpful when not near the front). I've never been to a concert abroad and was wondering what the crowd and atmosphere might be like further away from the stage in GA?

I too was also at Hyde Park very far away from the stage but the atmosphere was amazing!!! We had such a good time. (Weather helped too!).

I've never been to a Rock concert abroad, but I have been to a few outdoor dance festivals and had just a good a time, it's a different experience but its amazing to be partying with other like minded people from different countries! (and you will be guarenteed the weather a bit more!)

If you do decide to sell your Rome tickets then please let me know, I'll take them off your hands grinning smiley

Date: March 25, 2014 16:31

stereomanic
I too was also at Hyde Park very far away from the stage but the atmosphere was amazing!!! We had such a good time. (Weather helped too!).

I've never been to a Rock concert abroad, but I have been to a few outdoor dance festivals and had just a good a time, it's a different experience but its amazing to be partying with other like minded people from different countries! (and you will be guarenteed the weather a bit more!)

If you do decide to sell your Rome tickets then please let me know, I'll take them off your hands grinning smiley

I'll let you know. It's hard to let go of them...should save some money - but I've never been to Rome...

I've never been to any event abroad before - but I'm looking forward it! Your experiences sound good.

Date: March 25, 2014 16:46

MarthaTuesday
stereomanic

I'll let you know. It's hard to let go of them...should save some money - but I've never been to Rome...

I've never been to any event abroad before - but I'm looking forward it! Your experiences sound good.

Rome is beautiful city! So you should go and worry about the money when the Stones aren't touring ;-)

Date: March 25, 2014 17:44

Stereomanic - you're right! smiling smiley

ROME, The Night Before..
Posted by: OreStones ()
Date: March 26, 2014 20:05

Re: ROME, The Night Before..
Date: March 26, 2014 20:10

Date: March 26, 2014 20:16

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 26, 2014 20:57

100 years ago - Not bad
Hey negrita - singer is abysmal

Date: March 26, 2014 22:56

Ok thanks for the info, looks like if I get in early enough I will be able to get pretty close to stage so should be great, I am coming from England and have never been to Rome before so really looking forward to it , I was at both Hyde park shows last year and it was the first time I'd ever seen the stones, it was special for me as my parents were at Hyde park in 69,I've been on a high ever since those shows last year and I can't wait for this summer.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 27, 2014 01:34

Booked! Can't wait for this, GA ticket in the bag fri morning, ryanair from manchester and two nights at the 326th best hotel in rome, and all for £100 less than most the O2 seats in 2012. Happy days!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-27 01:35 by yorkshirestone.

Posted by: florian ()
Date: March 27, 2014 13:21

@OreStones
Great, I will be there :-)
Could i buy the Tickets at the door of evening?

Posted by: filoca ()
Date: March 27, 2014 15:01

Date: March 27, 2014 15:23

filoca
[www.postepayfun.it]

Is this a legit site to buy tickets from?

Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 27, 2014 16:04

The Rome show is one of the gigs I will visit this year.
I don't know Rome actually. Anyone who knows some good pubs / clubs (rock?) in Rome. We'll stay there a few days, before we go back to see them in Werchter.

Thanks in advance!

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: March 28, 2014 00:48

It will be great to see all of you guys at Rome smileys with beer

Date: March 28, 2014 01:01

Congratulations I just hope that there is not only 326 hotels in Rome haha

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: March 28, 2014 07:28

stereomanic
filoca
[www.postepayfun.it]

is it legit ?

Posted by: marcosp63 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 09:30

austrianstones
stereomanic
filoca
[www.postepayfun.it]

is it legit ?

Yes!

Posted by: grizzlybear ()
Date: March 28, 2014 10:43

yorkshirestone
Booked! Can't wait for this, GA ticket in the bag fri morning, ryanair from manchester and two nights at the 326th best hotel in rome, and all for £100 less than most the O2 seats in 2012. Happy days!

Hi Yorkshirestone,
Where did you book the ticket ? Which website ?

Thanks,
grizzly

Date: March 28, 2014 11:18

florian
@OreStones
Great, I will be there :-)
Could i buy the Tickets at the door of evening?

We still don't know if you'll need to have a ticket but if there's a ticket to buy you can get it on the place and it will be affordable for sure!

Date: March 28, 2014 12:10

Was wondering if anyone's received their Rome tickets yet? People seem to have received their tickets for the German shows and Austria.

Also, I've never been to Rome before. I have hotel provisionally booked near Termini station. Will that be easy to get back to after the concert?

Date: March 28, 2014 12:17

MarthaTuesday
Was wondering if anyone's received their Rome tickets yet? People seem to have received their tickets for the German shows and Austria.

Also, I've never been to Rome before. I have hotel provisionally booked near Termini station. Will that be easy to get back to after the concert?

Yep, almost everything is walkable in Rome :-)

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1746
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home