Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: DUSSELDORF Germany 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Parisrambler ()
Date: June 19, 2014 08:53

So, great songs to vote when you see the last votes! But if Bitch wins, the vote is a farce.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: June 19, 2014 10:16

I saw them playing Bitch last Friday in Paris and it isn't my favourite either. Hoping they will play Just My Imagination tonight, cause I never saw that live. Anyway, leaving today at 16:30 to the Esprit Arena from around Maastricht, The Netherlands. Hope to be in at 19:00, 1.FOS left.

Posted by: Lexxi ()
Date: June 19, 2014 10:17

Bitch was a good surprise in Paris, but seeing something different would be great, why not She's So Cold? smiling smiley

Date: June 19, 2014 10:18

Does anyone of you knows in which hotel the band is staying in Düsseldorf? smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 19, 2014 10:21

Lexxi
Does anyone of you knows in which hotel the band is staying in Düsseldorf? smiling smiley

We do NOT publish names of their hotels here on IORR. General security measure. Feel free to read the local papers or walk the city if you are in Düsseldorf.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Leonardoperro ()
Date: June 19, 2014 10:37

Yesterday I arrived to Düsseldorf. Saw a bunch of people outside of this hotel, asked what was the deal, "the Stones are here, said this kid"... a woman probably 137 years old holding her phone, waiting for a glimpse of them. I said to myself "if she's staying I'm staying". Nothing. After a 7 hours bus trip from Berlin, and walking the city for another two, didn't want to stay there. I sincerely hope she got what she wanted.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: June 19, 2014 10:46

ThatsWhatISay
I'm really worried that due to the closed roof the sound will be a complete mess. Even with an open roof the sound was really bad in 2007. I don't even want to imagine how awful the sound must be with the roof being closed sad smiley For me that's a concert killer.

I was at the "Udo Lindenberg" concert this month in the arena (1. FOS). Roof was closed.

All I can say that "Front Of Stage" the sound (after 2 songs) was clear and very good!

On other places I don`t know.

Date: June 19, 2014 10:46

Sincerely sorry, I didn't know that, thank you!

Date: June 19, 2014 11:01

I have said this probably 100 times before, but some may not remember or see it. Usually it is harmless to tell where the Stones stay, but one day the wrong person will find that info on IORR, and then if something wrong happens then I - ME - will be in charge of that. So as a matter of principle, also due to security in general, I do not accept publishing details as of where they are, which basically means their hotel, exact addresses of rehearsals and so on.

And please do NOT start any discussions on this subject. It is NOT open for discussion. IORR is THE MOST visible Stones fan site in the world, on the top first page of Google. Highest page rank in the world. Two million visitors every year. Anybody who need info about the Stones will find it easy on search via IORR. So I am in charge of what is published here.

Feel free to read the local papers, and to queue up with the locals who stand outside the hotels around. Most of them don't know the name of the band members, but they just wait to see a celeebrity. The real fans are already queuing up for the front row seats outside the stadium.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 19, 2014 11:10

Lexxi

Does anyone of you knows in which hotel the band is staying in Düsseldorf?

As BV said, read the local papers: [www.iorr.org] or the Twitter tweeds (#StonesDüsseldorf, #stonesduesseldorf, #stonesdusseldorf).

Posted by: Parisrambler ()
Date: June 19, 2014 12:12

bv
I have said this probably 100 times before, but some may not remember or see it. Usually it is harmless to tell where the Stones stay, but one day the wrong person will find that info on IORR, and then if something wrong happens then I - ME - will be in charge of that. So as a matter of principle, also due to security in general, I do not accept publishing details as of where they are, which basically means their hotel, exact addresses of rehearsals and so on.

And please do NOT start any discussions on this subject. It is NOT open for discussion. IORR is THE MOST visible Stones fan site in the world, on the top first page of Google. Highest page rank in the world. Two million visitors every year. Anybody who need info about the Stones will find it easy on search via IORR. So I am in charge of what is published here.

Feel free to read the local papers, and to queue up with the locals who stand outside the hotels around. Most of them don't know the name of the band members, but they just wait to see a celeebrity. The real fans are already queuing up for the front row seats outside the stadium.

You are right, get your informations from the local press or social media. But Fans who are not already queuing are no real fans?? winking smiley For a real fan it is also great, to see the Stones nearer than in a stadium...so why not?!

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 19, 2014 12:21

I am packing my things and I am gone. Up to Dusseldorf. May it been as great as Pinkpop!
If it is possible I post photo's and reports on Twitteraccount because I cant't post photo's on IORR.
@Stonesdjenje
See you there!
Jippie!!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 19, 2014 13:10

MarthaTuesday
grzegorz67
latvianinexile
ParachuteMan
I was asked if there would be a reasonable chance to find 2 tickets for Düsseldorf just before the concert in front of the Arena. Does anybody have experience from other shows on this tour if one can get tickets this way? If yes, any idea how the prices were?

For a concert this size you can always find tickets on the streets. Prices should be below face value. In Paris a friend got in for 50 EUR.

That's fantastic! Which section of the stadium was the ticket for latvianinexile ? I negotiated mine (in Pelouse Or)on the coach on from London to Paris from a young fan who recognised me from queueing up outside the Telenor in Oslo. She would remember you too. IIRC you were right behind me in the queue for that show and I saw you made GC front row on Keith's side cool smiley

She seemed familiar when she walked up to me to chat. Bizarre coincidence and amazing good luck because I had friends (travelling in from UK on the day) with tickets for the same section and gate and we met up, queued & stood together for the whole show.

Good to meet you again in Paris. I must check out Uli Schroder's website smiling smiley

I was wondering if you found a ticket for Paris - glad you did! Hope you enjoyed the show - it sounds like it was a really good one.

Aww thanks Martha smiling smiley Yes I got a ticket, thanks to an absolutely mental, bizarre and miraculous coinicidence and was able to stand beside my long time friend who was there from Cambridge with his son. The seller was a lovely young Mexican lass who queued and stood right next to me on the rail at the B stage in Oslo, recognised me and approached me for a chat. She's a student in Bath and I work in Swindon. Mad coincidence that we got the same coach from London Victoria the day before the show and she came over to speak to me just before we set off. She said her Paris based friend had a spare so she texted him and I arranged to meet her at the Stade the next day where she sold me it for face value, cash.
It was for the same gate as my friends, who later joined me in the queue. We got 2nd row in Pelouse Or, Keith side near the B Stage smileys with beer The VIP section in front of us seemed strangely sparsely filled.

You obviously didn't go in the end. I might see you in Stockholm if you decide to go to that show.

Like the User Name a lot btw! thumbs up

Gregor

Date: June 19, 2014 13:20

I found the a hotel thank you for your advices about the local press winking smiley concerning the queue sadly I'm still on the road from Paris, I've been queuing since sun rise last Friday but this time I only have a ticket a for seated places so I'll join you all queuing a bit later winking smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 19, 2014 13:24

Heading over soon to buy some shirts!!! Hopefully they get setup for a 2 or 3 o'clock merch tent opening.

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: June 19, 2014 13:25

Does anybody know when the t-shirt stands outside the arena will open in the afternoon?

Thanks!

Date: June 19, 2014 13:52

In Paris the guy said 2, but it wasn't until around 230 that they started selling. In the US, last year, it was 3.

Date: June 19, 2014 14:07

Parisrambler
bv
... The real fans are already queuing up for the front row seats outside the stadium.

You are right, get your informations from the local press or social media. But Fans who are not already queuing are no real fans?? winking smiley For a real fan it is also great, to see the Stones nearer than in a stadium...so why not?!

Please do not twist my words. I say the real fans are already queuing up at the stadium. Not everybody, but many. I did not say you HAVE TO queue up outside the stadium in order to be a real fan. I walked by their hotel an hour ago and I met some great real fans but many I don't know. Some are fans, many are just tourists. Feel free to queue any place any time. It is a free world.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 19, 2014 14:14

In Vienna the merch stands were opened pretty early, around 1 PM I'd say

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 19, 2014 14:25

Date: June 19, 2014 14:40

I meant Vienna was around 230. They had trouble raising the boards with the shirts pinned to them.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 19, 2014 15:17

Merch stands are open.

Date: June 19, 2014 15:20

Please use the LIVE thread for further Dusseldorf updates from now on:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home