Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20
Re: VIENNA Austria 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: lovethestones ()
Date: April 4, 2014 12:59

Got my ticket yesterday!!hot smiley

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 4, 2014 14:47

Got my ticket today.
It did a little European tour by DHL: Vienna, Bratislava, Leipzig, Sorrento, Neaples, Bergamo, Collogne - and now at my home.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 4, 2014 15:22

Where do you live?

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 4, 2014 16:26

Diamond tickets available now:
[www.oeticket.com]

Date: April 4, 2014 22:34

Where do you live?
Almost 2 hours away from Collogne

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 7, 2014 15:12

Tickets back on sale for Vienna go to Eventim.cz not lucky dip

Posted by: Maximvs84 ()
Date: April 8, 2014 10:51

Has anybody bought a ticket from wien-ticket.at ??

Posted by: lovethestones ()
Date: April 9, 2014 14:50

@ MingSubu: Do you know something about when you´re coming to Vienna? I´m aksing because I got no message from you (didn´t storage your mail-adress and I can´t see it anymore, sorryconfused smiley) You can write me if you want. Many greetings from Austria

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 9, 2014 18:19

lovethestones
@ MingSubu: Do you know something about when you´re coming to Vienna? I´m aksing because I got no message from you (didn´t storage your mail-adress and I can´t see it anymore, sorryconfused smiley) You can write me if you want. Many greetings from Austria

Sorry about not getting back to you. Probably the 15th is when I'll be arriving in Vienna. I'll send an email, later today, with some of my plans.

Date: April 9, 2014 20:15

On June 17, Mozart's Die Zauberflote is being performed at the Staatsoper. I know zero about opera, but the auditorium looks very cool. Maybe a neat experience?

Is there a dress code? I'll be traveling, so khakis and a collared, button-down shirt will be basically my wardrobe.

How is this place? This is near Ernst Happel?
[www.prater.at]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-09 20:26 by MingSubu.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 9, 2014 20:40

The Opera house is downtown, you will find it on the Google maps. It is on the subway, so no problem to get there. I have never been inside, but if there is a place where there IS a dress code, then it is the Opera house in Vienna. Well, and La Scala in Milan :-)

Die Zauberflöte is not one of the absolutely best Mozart's operas, but well, seeing it in Vienna should really make it special. I saw it about 15 years ago in an outdoor theater in one Chateau garden. We made a trip with my then girlfriend that I knew for about 2 weeks back then and I wanted to make a good impression. She's been my wife for 8 years now, so I probably did :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-10 06:56 by Happy24.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 10, 2014 17:59

My ticket say, show starts at 7:30 pm and the gates are open 6:00 pm. How is this possible, only 90 minutes before show start?? You can't get 50.000 people inthere in such a short time!

Date: April 10, 2014 18:14

You can. I think there will be a supporting act and the Stones will go on stage at the time of sunset.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 10, 2014 20:11

Does someone know, how many entrances are at the Ernst Happel Stadium for a concert??

Date: April 10, 2014 23:34

Ladykiller
Does someone know, how many entrances are at the Ernst Happel Stadium for a concert??
And where? Is there any layout with such infomations?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-11 10:08 by MAF.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: April 13, 2014 22:03

Someone told me today that there might be age restrictions for concerts in Vienna.
I'm thinking of taking my 10 year old sister to the show, any idea if there could be any issues?

Thanks!

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 13, 2014 22:42

zgubi
Someone told me today that there might be age restrictions for concerts in Vienna.
I'm thinking of taking my 10 year old sister to the show, any idea if there could be any issues?

Thanks!

That would surprise me - usually quite the family event at the Stones gigs, I think. Makes me think of my first gig - I was 12 during the Voodoo Lounge tour and I remember the HTW sex scene.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: April 13, 2014 23:11

Lorenz - any news about possible warm up band??

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 14, 2014 09:36

MAF
Ladykiller
And where? Is there any layout with such infomations?

From my experience there are usually 2-3 entrances open, depending on the position of the stage. But don't worry about it beforehand, you exit the subway directly into the open space in front of the stadium and you will clearly see it. Plus if you still have some doubts, there are always organisers around the stadium that will tell you all you need to know.

I don't want to jinx it, but from my experience the organisation has always been very good and people were very civilised and nice to each other, very few people pushing ahead in the queue for instance, which I find very important. (I saw 1 U2 and 2 Springsteen shows in that stadium).

I will never forget that sad experience when I went to Poland to see U2. I came to the stadium at 1 p.m., which is the earliest I ever got to a venue. I had a good spot in a queue, but from that moment on I was only watching the amount of people in front of me getting bigger and bigger. Four hours later I was still pretty much at the end of the queue and when the gates opened, it was absolute chaos and I ended up in the biggest squeeze I have experienced. For one hour I was expecting my ribs to get broken. Really. Once inside the stadium I ended up quite far of course, surrounded with people that came just when the gates opened four hours after me. I would never go to Poland for a concert again, unless it was a seated show or maybe if I had a FOS ticket (which U2 didn't have of course). Anyway, I don't mean to offend any Polish people here, there are surely many really nice people there, but the thing is that I was at the same place 4 years before (U2 again) and that experience of the crowd was also very unpleasant, so it can not be that I just had bad luck.

Anyway, the story got a bit longer than I expected and I only wanted to say that I am sure that everything will be fine in Vienna :-)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-14 09:41 by Happy24.

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: April 14, 2014 14:46

I am not big fan of the concerts in Austria because the audience is always terrible there. You can't jump, sing and dance because everyone will look at you as a freak. Damn people, you are on the rock concert, not theatre. Hope RS audience is way better than Springsteen's, U2', Bon Jovi's...

Posted by: Maximvs84 ()
Date: April 15, 2014 16:51

Hello guys .. I'm coming to Vienna from Croatia to see the stones .. Has anybody bought the ticket from wien-ticket.at ?

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: April 15, 2014 22:29

There are still tickets available at
allevent.at
with a surcharge of about EUR 50 (for those in real need for tickets)

Date: April 16, 2014 05:22

If there will be fireworks at the end of te show you might see them here (the stadium is the bulding in the background):

[www.stadioncenter.at]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-16 05:22 by MAF.

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: April 16, 2014 12:37

island01
I am not big fan of the concerts in Austria because the audience is always terrible there. You can't jump, sing and dance because everyone will look at you as a freak. Damn people, you are on the rock concert, not theatre. Hope RS audience is way better than Springsteen's, U2', Bon Jovi's...
I exactly know what you mean...
I'm also someone who jumps, dances and shouts out loud and I don't give a f**k what other people think of it - cause that's the way I enjoy a Stones concert >grinning smiley<

Date: April 17, 2014 21:00

This is good usefull to know before every show:
Which things are allowed to bring them in?
Drinks (no bottles but "Tetrapack" ) snacks, cameras (no professional but small ones like e.g. canaon powershot sx600)?
Any ideas or infos about this show?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-17 21:29 by MAF.

Posted by: jumpingjflash ()
Date: April 17, 2014 21:12

I have to sell two golden standing tickets for the vienna show. price 200,- € per ticket (which is the price I bought it). anyone interested contact me please

Date: April 19, 2014 16:58

bernard90mike
island01
I'm also someone who jumps, dances and shouts out loud and I don't give a f**k what other people think of it - cause that's the way I enjoy a Stones concert >grinning smiley<

Is this a common thing with Viennese crowds? Don't tell me they sit the entire show?

I don't go crazy, but I do love groovin' to the music.

Posted by: jumpingjflash ()
Date: April 21, 2014 21:40

jumpingjflash
I have to sell two golden standing tickets for the vienna show. price 200,- € per ticket (which is the price I bought it). anyone interested contact me please

thanks for all interested. tickets are sold meanwhile

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 21, 2014 22:09

MingSubu
bernard90mike
island01

Is this a common thing with Viennese crowds? Don't tell me they sit the entire show?

I don't go crazy, but I do love groovin' to the music.

You will never find the same kind of enthusiastic crowd in e.g. Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Scandinavian countries etc. than in e.g. Spain or Latin America. At least we still have standing on the floor, not seating and I don't think someone will complain if you dance around. If you got seated places, that might be another topic...

Date: April 22, 2014 00:46

Eh, it'll be a fun time no matter what.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home