Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829
Current Page: 29 of 29
Re: PARIS France 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 13, 2014 14:05

Wroclaw
arrived to laris by night. easy jet. difficult flight. havent been to orly in ages. orly bus. packed. hot. nighmare. rer: working. hot. chatellet station. deserted. signs showing me to walk in circles. welcome. hotel. painted my room yestersay. choice: sleep with paint fumes OR open windows and hear the pwople on the street. woke up. metro vending machine only accepts 20 euro or less bills. no one wants to change. Paris hates my credit cards. went to a cafe near jardain des tulleries. relaxed. service with a smile. small change for great coffe and croiisont. went to le grand palais. Ceasar Auvgustus exhibition. great great great!!! love that place. saw a map of rome in the time of augustus. shiwed da mrs circo massimo on the map. so she knows stones history. good feeling about today!!!

I know how you're feeling!
Air France lost my baggage on my trip from Berlin. Took me 3 hours to get from CDG to St.Germain because of the train strike. Chatelet was chaos. No taxi could drive me from St. Germain station to the address I was going to, because of the taxi strike. Had to walk for another hour.

But I'm so ready to see The Rolling Stones again!
If they play Rambler and Jumpin' with the same intensity as in Berlin on Wednesday, it'll be worth all the stress.

Just hope the transport will work out OK before and after the show!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 13, 2014 14:41

gotdablouse
It seems that right now there are very few RER B trains (none in fact) going from "Chatelet" to "La Plaine Stade de France", they all end at "Gare du Nord" : [www.ratp.fr]

RER D seems a bit better, can't be worse really, with trains every 20/40 minutes : [www.transilien.com]

Actually it seems that right now RER B trains end at "Gare du Nord" (run by RATP) but you can change there and catch another one (run by SNCF) going to CDG via Stade de France, here is the RT schedule for these trains : [www.ratp.fr]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: June 13, 2014 14:57

There is also a strike at the Tour Eiffel; for those who wanted to visit, you can't. Fortunately at this time, or soon, you are probably going to the SdF.

Vive la France... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: June 13, 2014 15:13

Topi
Hello from Gate R! I am number 20 or so in line. I first went to gate S but everyone else there had Pelouse Or and not Pelouse VIP tickets. So I decided to take my chances at R instead. After all,all that counts is the bar code. It's now 10.40am and the sun is just coming out to the west side of the stadium. Gotta stop using my mobile for internet now,the roaming rates are gonna kill me...anyway,everyone have a good one! Looks like I will be on Ronnie's side,but hey,that's a first! My 7th show tonight. I am wearing a blue cap, black jeans and a Bergen 2006 event tee (Norwegian flag tongue). Come and say hi!

See You there!

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: June 13, 2014 15:20

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-21 14:21 by RomanCandle.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 13, 2014 15:30

RC : back in 98 during the football World Cup in Paris, some fans thought it was a "good" idea to visit the surroundings of the SDF. They got robbed blind in broad daylight.

That was 1998, believe me things have not improved there... So yeah, SDF is a "no security" district.

But yeah Roman feel free to wander in St. Denis after the show. I can recommend the "Francs Moisins" area at midnight if you wanna make new friends in no
time...
"Hey man I'm a Stones fan too! Now gimme your shoes and your watch!" smoking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-13 15:35 by dcba.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 13, 2014 15:42

dcba
RC : back in 98 during the football World Cup in Paris, some fans thought it was a "good" idea to visit the surroundings of the SDF. They got robbed blind in broad daylight.

That was 1998, believe me things have not improved there... So yeah, SDF is a "no security" district.

But yeah Roman feel free to wander in St. Denis after the show. I can recommend the "Francs Moisins" area at midnight if you wanna make new friends in no
time...
"Hey man I'm a Stones fan too! Now gimme your shoes and your watch!" smoking smiley

Thanks. Indeed this is a very important and useful info.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 13, 2014 16:05

I really hope everyone there has a wonderful time this evening. And hopefully the transport won't be too stressful.

Really wish I was there! After all my dithering, I decided to go for it...too late... I tried to get things together this morning to make a Eurostar train - and am now going to admit defeat. I just wouldn't make it in time. sad smiley On the plus side, I can stop stressing and just focus on my Rome trip. smiling smiley

I'm definitely going to visit Paris again (haven't been for years) some time soon (and at least, I've found several decent hotels I'd like to stay in).

Anyway, all of you there - enjoy! Grzegorz67 - I hope you find a ticket!

And thank you to all those who gave me advice about Paris. It was appreciated and some of it will still be useful for when I do finally visit Paris.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 13, 2014 16:31

strange. didnt see even one RS shirt wearing person all through the mkrning in Paris... no adds as well. RS un noticed in the city...

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 13, 2014 16:34

No need to advertise, sold out for weeks.

Date: June 13, 2014 16:45

dcba

time...

In addition to this problem of security, when you are a tourist and want to enjoy your trip + concert, it's a shame to visit sad and awful areas. Bad memories at the end.
Too much beautiful things to see in Paris in other areas --and safe--.

Sorry for my bad english but I think you understand my point of view. I experienced myself several times abroad: everything "around" the concert itself contributes to make a concert-trip unforgettable, including the transportation, hotel and sightseeing.

Date: June 13, 2014 17:22

The map with all access to the stadium, métro, RER...
[www.etgfc.com]

It's time to go for me now smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: June 13, 2014 17:38

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-21 14:20 by RomanCandle.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 13, 2014 18:01

Just arrived by Thalys from Amsterdam. No problem so far.
Checked in at hotel near gare du nord. Gonna find my way to
The stadium.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 13, 2014 20:30

RomanCandle
dcba: I think I know what I'm talking about.

Anyway you're late to the party : ppl who might read and benefit from this thread are already inside the SDF... Mais bon, bien essayé!

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: December 31, 2014 04:13

HELLO
I'M LOOKING FOR A PICTURE OF KEITH RICHARDS ON START ME UP AT THE STADE DE FRANCE.

thank you

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 31, 2014 18:00

Outch !!

I read "Paris 2015 instead of 2014 ( no, I am not drunk ,not yet winking smiley )
And my heart missed a beat .....

Sorry jhrock, Iwasn't in Paris but in Zurich last June

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829
Current Page: 29 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1151
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home