Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 24 of 29
Re: PARIS France 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 8, 2014 19:24

Wroclaw
grzegorz67
Wroclaw
WEATHER IS GONNA BE PERFECT!!! smiling bouncing smileysmileys with beersmileys with beer

So I see Wroclaw. I'm a pale skinned Scot so will be covering up and bringing my sun lotion. I've been to Wroclaw btw, twice! Lovely City and it now has a Stadium the Stones could play at. I was at Chorzow '98. Have many Polish friends hence my user name.smileys with beer

Well... I'm pale skinned non Scot... hoped for a non full of radiation day...

Funny - I aint Polish... adopted this name as the first time I ever registered on an international discussion board I happened to be sitting at some Beer place, drinking Lech at Wroclaw's Rynek... grinning smiley

BUT... strangely enough... My Grandmother was born and raised in Chorzow... Grew up with stories about some field town surrounded by coal "pits" and when travelling there for the first time (to search for some family graves... should have asked someone from Poland first I guess, about what happens to graves after some 20-25 years... would have saved me a trip) was astonished when seeing that huge stadium near the tram tracks... My Grandma was dead by then and I was sad I couldnt have told her how many rock legends must have played her back yard eye rolling smiley

So you at least have some Polish blood Wroclaw - I have none. The stadium you mention is called the Slaski and it has decent acoustics but it has been somewhat forgotten since the new stadia built for the Euro 2012 Football Tournament (which Poland co-hosted with Ukraine) were built. Since then, big acts have tended to play at Warsaw's Stadion Narodowy which, as any Pole will tell you has appalling sound for concerts. File under AmsterdamArenA eye rolling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 8, 2014 19:24

Manofwealthandtaste
Beast
I'm sure to be aiming for a similar spot! A bientot, alors...

Myself and BarRoomQueen will be joining you at that spot.......we may be Out Of Control!

I won't be joining you. I'll be quietly sitting down somewhere .... "Copenhagen" style !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 8, 2014 19:36

Beast
Honestman
Beast
Anyone know what the time gap is between the early entry for Pelouse VIP packages and the entry for those of us with "regular" Pelouse VIP - one hour?

I can't remember going to Stade de France particularly early last time and there was loads of room in the front standing section, but I somehow think this time it's going to be different.

Got a regular Pelouse VIP Ticket as well , according to what's written on it, it's 6 P.M. earlier will be more secure I guess.

Thanks. I was just wondering what time people with VIP package tickets were let in, as they'll have first choice of places over anyone without a package ticket but it's hard to know how many have packages. Maybe the early entry for them is at 5 p.m., then.

There are 300 people on the Event Travel package, apparently. That's a pretty small number of people. There may be other packages, however. In 2007, I had a regular Pelouse FOS ticket. I went right before the gates opened and there'd were very few people ahead of me. I was about third row on Ronnie's side then. But, frankly, the show seems much more popular this year. It might mean more people lining up earlier for FOS as well.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 8, 2014 21:27

paulywaul
Manofwealthandtaste
Beast
I'm sure to be aiming for a similar spot! A bientot, alors...

Myself and BarRoomQueen will be joining you at that spot.......we may be Out Of Control!

I won't be joining you. I'll be quietly sitting down somewhere .... "Copenhagen" style !!

What is that "style" and why so? Sounds like we might not be far from the HP1 "setup", good memories ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-08 21:28 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 8, 2014 22:39

grzegorz67
Wroclaw
grzegorz67
Wroclaw
WEATHER IS GONNA BE PERFECT!!! smiling bouncing smileysmileys with beersmileys with beer

So I see Wroclaw. I'm a pale skinned Scot so will be covering up and bringing my sun lotion. I've been to Wroclaw btw, twice! Lovely City and it now has a Stadium the Stones could play at. I was at Chorzow '98. Have many Polish friends hence my user name.smileys with beer

Well... I'm pale skinned non Scot... hoped for a non full of radiation day...

Funny - I aint Polish... adopted this name as the first time I ever registered on an international discussion board I happened to be sitting at some Beer place, drinking Lech at Wroclaw's Rynek... grinning smiley

BUT... strangely enough... My Grandmother was born and raised in Chorzow... Grew up with stories about some field town surrounded by coal "pits" and when travelling there for the first time (to search for some family graves... should have asked someone from Poland first I guess, about what happens to graves after some 20-25 years... would have saved me a trip) was astonished when seeing that huge stadium near the tram tracks... My Grandma was dead by then and I was sad I couldnt have told her how many rock legends must have played her back yard eye rolling smiley

So you at least have some Polish blood Wroclaw - I have none. The stadium you mention is called the Slaski and it has decent acoustics but it has been somewhat forgotten since the new stadia built for the Euro 2012 Football Tournament (which Poland co-hosted with Ukraine) were built. Since then, big acts have tended to play at Warsaw's Stadion Narodowy which, as any Pole will tell you has appalling sound for concerts. File under AmsterdamArenA eye rolling smiley

I don't know about the blood, but I giess that if I will ever be famous enough to get my own value at English Wikipedia, that side of the family would be regarded as "He has mixed Polish and German ancestry, and possibly Czech as well". Sadly any knowledge about Polish life I gained only while casually visiting as a tourist (well... I recall, as a child, spending hours watching ,y grandma making "Klusky"...). When it was rumored that Warsaw might be part of the 14OF tour, I actually put it on my target list. But Poland didn't get to the final 14...

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 9, 2014 00:34

So very sad I wont be able to make Paris now. After booking tickets, flights and hotel.

Anybody looking for 2 seats tickets together please look at the sold out section , they are email tickets and they are at a reduced price.

Date: June 9, 2014 07:50

With only two full days in Paris, it's a tough call whether to line up early, or just head over to the stadium around 8:30 pm, in time for the show. There's a lot to do in Paris.

Posted by: thorgal34 ()
Date: June 9, 2014 11:12

So there will be some "polish connection" in Paris - Thougt I'll be alone ;-)

Posted by: vdoq ()
Date: June 9, 2014 11:54

thorgal34

+ 1 more ( Do zobaczenia !)

Date: June 9, 2014 12:16

vdoq
thorgal34

+ 1 more ( Do zobaczenia !)

Does a Scotsman who can speak a bit of Polish count ? smileys with beer

Prosze Dwa Zywcy! And I can say a lot more than that....!

Date: June 10, 2014 02:45

Seatwave & Viagpgo still.asking silly money for this ome and no sigm of late extra tickets from official sources... Could actually be a genuine sellout!

Posted by: robstoned ()
Date: June 10, 2014 08:45

Hi everybody,
I'm waking up with two bad news : Strike of the railroad employee ( starting today ) and strike of the entertainment workers ! I hope that it will not perturb our concert

It's Only Rock'n'roll But I Like IT

Date: June 10, 2014 10:22

Strikes in France are usually just a negotiating tactic not meant to cause widespread havoc. Is this one more serious? Just checked and it appears to be a 24 strike but is "extendable", so hopefully things are back to normal by the 13th.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-10 10:30 by drbryant.

Date: June 10, 2014 10:35

Hum...where are strikes not a "negotiating tactic" ? Even the Cameroon team used that technique to get a little bonus prepay for the WC...As with all strikes you never know when/how they will end. Having said that the last strikes that made a real impact in France took place in 2003 so all hope is not lost...the reason being that in 2003, people didn't end up getting paid for the days they were on strike (unlike during the massive December 1995 strikes), makes ypu think twice I suppose before going on strike indefinitely...

RER A trains are unaffected (think Eurodisney) and other trains will still be running, 1 out of 3 though...the way it works is the strike lasts 24 hours and then they vote to maintain it or not.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: vdoq ()
Date: June 10, 2014 10:58

What about Fligts ?
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 10, 2014 11:19

Oh yea... perfect week ruined by RM's passing and now a train/airport strike just as I plan arriving by flight and departing by train... sad smiley

Date: June 10, 2014 11:30

vdoq
What about Fligts ?
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

There is no announcement of any air traffic controller strike at this time. I would suggest not getting worked up after reading an undated "article" on the dailymail;-)

--------------

Date: June 10, 2014 12:37

gotdablouse
Hum...where are strikes not a "negotiating tactic" ? Even the Cameroon team used that technique to get a little bonus prepay for the WC...As with all strikes you never know when/how they will end. Having said that the last strikes that made a real impact in France took place in 2003 so all hope is not lost....

Sorry. What meant was that they are usually meant as a display of dissatisfaction, and are not intended to disable by continuing unless and until a solution has been reached.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: June 10, 2014 12:54

drbryant
Beast
Honestman
Beast
Anyone know what the time gap is between the early entry for Pelouse VIP packages and the entry for those of us with "regular" Pelouse VIP - one hour?

I can't remember going to Stade de France particularly early last time and there was loads of room in the front standing section, but I somehow think this time it's going to be different.

Got a regular Pelouse VIP Ticket as well , according to what's written on it, it's 6 P.M. earlier will be more secure I guess.

Thanks. I was just wondering what time people with VIP package tickets were let in, as they'll have first choice of places over anyone without a package ticket but it's hard to know how many have packages. Maybe the early entry for them is at 5 p.m., then.

There are 300 people on the Event Travel package, apparently. That's a pretty small number of people. There may be other packages, however. In 2007, I had a regular Pelouse FOS ticket. I went right before the gates opened and there'd were very few people ahead of me. I was about third row on Ronnie's side then. But, frankly, the show seems much more popular this year. It might mean more people lining up earlier for FOS as well.

Hello!
I will be in Paris as well, with the Eventravel Pelouse VIP package.
At what time are you considering be there: 16:00 as recommended in the package or later?

Regards.

Posted by: shack1 ()
Date: June 10, 2014 13:18

Do they sell Alcohol in the SDF ?

Not that I want to drink to oblivion, but a couple of beers always goes down well at a show smiling smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 10, 2014 13:44

If they don't at SDF sell alcohol I am not going to go...

Date: June 10, 2014 15:41

Papo
If they don't at SDF sell alcohol I am not going to go...

They will smileys with beer Not cheaply though. STILL no ticket for me. I'll be out at St Denis from about noon sniffing around for a spare. I'm hoping for Pelouse Or as I've given up on Pelouse VIP. Will have to get my French up to speed (or is that vitesse) before then cool smiley

Date: June 10, 2014 16:27

marquess
drbryant
Beast
Honestman
Beast

Hello!
At what time are you considering be there: 16:00 as recommended in the package or later?

Regards.

I have done the FOS package in Europe a few times. It depends on what you want. If you absolutely want to get your money's worth and be first or second row, get there between 3:00 and 4:00. The earlier the better. Even if you arrive after 4:00, you'll still have a great spot since you will be among the first 300 people in the stadium. I am with my family, so may go later (closer to 5:00 pm, or if we are having a really good time somewhere, I may even sacrifice the early entry and just get there before 9:00 pm). It's kind of a waste, but the way I look at it, I still paid less than the prices on the secondary market, and how often will I get to Paris w/ the family?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-10 16:37 by drbryant.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 10, 2014 16:47

Still two seated tickets together going for any reasonable offers, please take a look at the sold out section.

Email tickets.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 10, 2014 18:44

I'm embarrassed to admit - but I still haven't made my mind up on what to do! I'm resigned to paying more for hotels and flights...

I thought I had finally made my decision and settled on Rome. It's so last minute for Paris now. And then I checked out the weather predictions...

Paris will be hot but not as bad as Rome. And I can't take heat and humidity well.

So now I'm trying to make my decision.

I've found a reasonably priced hotel near the Madeleine metro station. I don't think that's a direct link from Stade de France but I guess I could walk or get a cab from Gare St. Lazare?

Eurostar is far too expensive now so I'll fly in to CDG. I think someone here has already asked but do people know if the train strike will affect travel from CDG to central Paris and/or Stade de France?

Odean73 - I really hope you manage to find a buyer for your tickets. If I do go to Paris, I really want Pelouse Or or VIP so I don't think what you have is for me - sorry.

Posted by: Anastasia60 ()
Date: June 10, 2014 19:08

Topi- thank you for the link to the Nellcote photo exhibit! We plan to go tomorrow (now that the rain has stopped here in Paris)!

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: June 10, 2014 20:26

drbryant
marquess
drbryant
Beast
Honestman
Beast

Hello!

Regards.

I have done the FOS package in Europe a few times. It depends on what you want. If you absolutely want to get your money's worth and be first or second row, get there between 3:00 and 4:00. The earlier the better. Even if you arrive after 4:00, you'll still have a great spot since you will be among the first 300 people in the stadium. I am with my family, so may go later (closer to 5:00 pm, or if we are having a really good time somewhere, I may even sacrifice the early entry and just get there before 9:00 pm). It's kind of a waste, but the way I look at it, I still paid less than the prices on the secondary market, and how often will I get to Paris w/ the family?

Thanks for the advice

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 10, 2014 20:36

Won't be there this time.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 10, 2014 21:46

I had the VIP treatment in 2007, arrived at 7PM and had no trouble walking straight to my seat.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 10, 2014 22:00

I was there in 2007. Did you enjoy the show ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 24 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2050
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home