Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 29
Re: PARIS France 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 19, 2014 15:14

grzegorz67
Any vibes or inside info from French iorrians abot further ticket sales ? Not for 1 minute do I believe it's a genuine 80,000 sellout. Especially with most other shows not sold out, even Oslo with 23,000 capacity!

O

My thoughts precisely, it is not for one minute sold out. what a load of nonsensical hype. Anyone still looking for decent tickets (I include myself in this number) cannot fail to have noticed that the a**hole scalping fraternity are now unsurprisingly trying to offload their tickets on Viagogo and Seatwave in such numbers that the prices are falling spectacularly. You can buy a golden circle ticket for Zurich at the moment for example for significantly less than face value, and that's on a SECONDARY MARKET site !!

[www.viagogo.co.uk]

Some optimists still think they're going to get paid nearly four times face value for a 111.50 Euro Pelouse VIP ticket for Paris, just within the last couple of days the number of such tickets available appears to have virtually doubled. Stupid bastards !! Why the f**k can't people simply buy tickets for something they actually want to attend and leave the rest of us in peace ?

[www.viagogo.co.uk]

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: May 19, 2014 15:21

paulywaul
grzegorz67
Any vibes or inside info from French iorrians abot further ticket sales ? Not for 1 minute do I believe it's a genuine 80,000 sellout. Especially with most other shows not sold out, even Oslo with 23,000 capacity!

O

My thoughts precisely, it is not for one minute sold out. what a load of nonsensical hype. Anyone still looking for decent tickets (I include myself in this number) cannot fail to have noticed that the a**hole scalping fraternity are now unsurprisingly trying to offload their tickets on Viagogo and Seatwave in such numbers that the prices are falling spectacularly. You can buy a golden circle ticket for Zurich at the moment for example for significantly less than face value, and that's on a SECONDARY MARKET site !!

[www.viagogo.co.uk]

Some optimists still think they're going to get paid nearly four times face value for a 111.50 Euro Pelouse VIP ticket for Paris, just within the last couple of days the number of such tickets available appears to have virtually doubled. Stupid bastards !! Why the f**k can't people simply buy tickets for something they actually want to attend and leave the rest of us in peace ?

[www.viagogo.co.uk]

Well said paulywaul. I'm desperate to go to this gig, so fingers crossed all of us true fans that want to attend can do so with fair prices.

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: May 19, 2014 15:53

Stade de France is 80.000 capacity (not 75.000). In 1998, there were even more than 80.000 people.

Sure new ticks will be sold few days before the show.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: May 19, 2014 16:03

petewasbristol
grzegorz67
I'm going to Oslo. Thanks Lenurb. I'm travelling to Paris anyway, with or without a ticket and will pick one up outside if need be. So infuriating that the touts (scalpers) hoovered up all the best tickets when they went on sale. I notice they want silly money on ebay.fr

Any info would be most welcome. I was there in 2007 and the whole top tier was closed. I was there in 98 too and though a big crowd, there were people selling spare tickets outside.

grzegorz67 I will be in the same position my friend. Looking to travel to Paris on the day to see what will happen. Fingers crossed. Hopefully some online outlet will sell a few spares beforehand. If not, so be it. Paris here I come whatever.

I'm also considering going.

Bit nervous about buying outside when I can't speak the language. How do others feel about that? I did French as part of my degree but sadly I'm very, very rusty (had a clear-out the other day and found some old essays in French...couldn't understand much of what I'd written!).

Date: May 19, 2014 17:05

MarthaTuesday
petewasbristol
grzegorz67
I'm going to Oslo. Thanks Lenurb. I'm travelling to Paris anyway, with or without a ticket and will pick one up outside if need be. So infuriating that the touts (scalpers) hoovered up all the best tickets when they went on sale. I notice they want silly money on ebay.fr

Any info would be most welcome. I was there in 2007 and the whole top tier was closed. I was there in 98 too and though a big crowd, there were people selling spare tickets outside.

grzegorz67 I will be in the same position my friend. Looking to travel to Paris on the day to see what will happen. Fingers crossed. Hopefully some online outlet will sell a few spares beforehand. If not, so be it. Paris here I come whatever.

I'm also considering going.

Bit nervous about buying outside when I can't speak the language. How do others feel about that? I did French as part of my degree but sadly I'm very, very rusty (had a clear-out the other day and found some old essays in French...couldn't understand much of what I'd written!).

Three key words .......... you HAVE to remember these surely ?

Combien ? (loosely translated as "how much do you want for this ticket - you a**hole")
OK ! (loosely translated as "OK")
Non ! (loosely translated as "no f***ing chance - you a**hole")

These are of course a multitude of alternative and loose (very loose in fact) translations of these three key French words, it's just a matter of expression really. The more indignant you are when the "a**hole" in question selling the ticket asks you for anything more than its face value - the better !

Good luck, and see you in Paris !!

Any other linguists amongst us ???? winking smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 19, 2014 17:19

Was very good at French all through School and could speak it will until the age of 17 but I've not maintained it so 30 years of decline :-(. However, I can remember more than enough to haggle with a tout and get by in most situations.

I'm a Scot but also speak some German and Polish (hence my username).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: May 19, 2014 17:42

I can speak French, but to be honest the only words you need to know when talking to a tout in any language is yes or no. (paulywaul's advice will also do!). On the day of a show you should never pay more than face value. Walk away if you have to, these bastards will be gasping to get rid of their tickets come showtime.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-19 17:43 by petewasbristol.

Date: May 19, 2014 17:53

Pete,

I always work on that principle and it's never failed :-)

I got into Cardiff 2006 for £70 (Face Value £162)

O2 1 on 25/11/2012 for £100 (Face Value 326) but missed 4.5 songs...

It's amazing what a clock running down to shoetime does to Ticket Prices. Just watch them sh*t themselves as they hold what will soon be worthless pieces of paper.>grinning smiley<

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 19, 2014 21:02

paulywaul
grzegorz67

O

[www.viagogo.co.uk]

[www.viagogo.co.uk]

I was told by someone at Stubhub that some of the high priced offers on secondary market sites don't represent tickets in hand. Apparently, people place tickets for sale at crazy prices and if someone is stupid enough to buy them, they just obtain the tickets from other secondary market sellers. If they aren't able to locate the tickets, they say that they were previously sold. So, they take no risk at all. Not sure how true it is, but it makes sense, I suppose.

Date: May 20, 2014 00:26

drbryant
paulywaul
grzegorz67

O

[www.viagogo.co.uk]

[www.viagogo.co.uk]

I was told by someone at Stubhub that some of the high priced offers on secondary market sites don't represent tickets in hand. Apparently, people place tickets for sale at crazy prices and if someone is stupid enough to buy them, they just obtain the tickets from other secondary market sellers. If they aren't able to locate the tickets, they say that they were previously sold. So, they take no risk at all. Not sure how true it is, but it makes sense, I suppose.

That's the key to this absurd "game" that us concert goers of recent years appear to have to play nowadays; i.e. knowing when demand for some event or other is genuine and therefore can command inflated (within reason) ticket prices, and when the demand is actually nothing but hype and you'd do well to just sit it out until such time as prices readjust to sensible levels closer to show time.

Personally, I just hate with a passion having to play this game, but I guess this is the world we live in these days. Anyway, what I think we are seeing at the present moment is a drop in asking prices on the secondary market, because quite frankly - the demand for most of these European shows does genuinely appear to be somewhat less (at a given price) than the ever optimistic scalping fraternity might have thought.

Date: May 20, 2014 02:08

PaulyWaul,

I'm with you all the way on every word of that. In France there's specific legislation against touting yet it's a worse problem there than most places. I reckon the apparent demand is just falsely hyped up bollocks using all the usual levers to create a false impression of a sell out. Why are tickets so plentiful at other venues with smaller capacities for example ?

Even if asking prices are looney right up to the last gasp I'm still travelling anyway regardless.

I am waiting, oh yeah oh yeah......

Date: May 20, 2014 08:14

grzegorz67
PaulyWaul,

I'm with you all the way on every word of that. In France there's specific legislation against touting yet it's a worse problem there than most places. I reckon the apparent demand is just falsely hyped up bollocks using all the usual levers to create a false impression of a sell out. Why are tickets so plentiful at other venues with smaller capacities for example ?

Even if asking prices are looney right up to the last gasp I'm still travelling anyway regardless.

I am waiting, oh yeah oh yeah......

Me too. Have a flight from Berlin booked, and another from Paris to London the day after the show, still need to book a hotel or B & B now I think about it. Otherwise, still waiting on those prices to drop on the secondary market, which they WILL, we all know they WILL. It's just a matter of keeping an eye on it and seizing the moment to buy when the prices are finally realistic. A 10-15% mark-up over face value is almost inevitable, because even if the ticket itself is priced at face value, the likes of Seatwave and Viagogo hit you the buyer (not to mention the seller too) with a hefty fee, and so there's your 10-15% over face value typically. I can just about cope with that, but actually paying MORE than face value for the ticket itself ...... I DO have a problem with that myself. It simply ought not be necessary to have to do so, especially not when the market is SO blatantly manipulated and the supposed demand SO obviously false.

Date: May 20, 2014 13:28

Yes PaulyWaul, I hear and share your seethe. Dare I say it, but I think they've made the prices for Paris too CHEAP!!!! It's by far the cheapest in Northern Europe. I was there in 2007 and FOS was down to 50 EUR on showday, even though it was "sold out" online for weeks beforehand. Ha bloody ha! The whole upper tier was closed. The prices this year are about the same as then - I suppose it's the size of the SdF that allows them to do that at a profit.

I notice that Berlin is not sold out and 2ndary prices are now falling. I'm toying with the idea of that one too as I fancy seeing the Waldbuhne.

Posted by: zemat ()
Date: May 20, 2014 15:38

Usually I buy my concert tickets on the last two weeks before the show, often paying them way less than face value.
However, once I could not get a ticket at a fair price for seeing U2 in the SDF in 2010, and decided to go anyway on site. Contrary to what I saw before, there were lots more buyers than sellers on site and walked around the stadium for two hours with a big banner "standing ticket wanted".
I almost gave up but a guy leaving the RER station approached me and offered my one ticket for free as his friends decided not to go. This was a lucky day, and completely the opposite to 2009 when I got a U2 ticket for a friend at half the price (but the concert was in July and I think lots of people were unavailable due to either holidays or wedding ceremonies)...
Anyway, I suppose the tickets will finally decrease in the next weeks, good luck to the one searching for them at a regular price !

Posted by: zemat ()
Date: May 20, 2014 15:44

So many tickets available, there's no worry they WILL decrease.
[www.leboncoin.fr]

If you can write in French, try this link in the last two weeks and do not hesitate to negotiate the requested amount.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: May 20, 2014 19:53

paulywaul
Three key words .......... you HAVE to remember these surely ?

Combien ? (loosely translated as "how much do you want for this ticket - you a**hole")
OK ! (loosely translated as "OK")
Non ! (loosely translated as "no f***ing chance - you a**hole")

These are of course a multitude of alternative and loose (very loose in fact) translations of these three key French words, it's just a matter of expression really. The more indignant you are when the "a**hole" in question selling the ticket asks you for anything more than its face value - the better !

Good luck, and see you in Paris !!

Any other linguists amongst us ???? winking smiley

You're right - thanks! And thanks for making me laugh.smiling smiley

I suppose I wasn't so worried about finding the words to ask for tickets - more that being so obviously not a native, I'd maybe be more of a target for those selling fake tickets. But I guess that's a risk for anyone....In the past, I had no problems buying outside venues but I've become a bit more cautious in recent years - since it became easier for venues to check if tickets are fakes. I remember hearing (on here, I think) some gutting stories of people turned away from the 02 with fakes.

Btw, yes, I know that horrible game of chicken with secondary sellers well...Have to admit it worked in my favour for the 02 as I really couldn't afford the face-value tickets. Managed to get excellent seats 2 hours before show start - but it was nerve-wracking! And it's not right we have to do this. And so much more stressful wven more so when travelling for a gig...but perhaps I'll just go for it grinning smiley

Posted by: divinocalvo ()
Date: May 21, 2014 15:06

I doubt they will check the ID but each and every ticket for Paris show is supposed to be NOMINATIVE to prevent scalping.
Anyone knows who opens for the lads this night ?

Date: May 22, 2014 13:10

zemat
So many tickets available, there's no worry they WILL decrease.
[www.leboncoin.fr]

If you can write in French, try this link in the last two weeks and do not hesitate to negotiate the requested amount.

HOLY SHIT ................ there's LOADS for sale here !!

Date: May 22, 2014 14:40

110 VIP Pelouse available, prices dropping - now GBP £323 lowest. Some £20 down on yesterday.

[www.viagogo.co.uk]

Date: May 22, 2014 20:28

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let us have another lucky dip for this show. True fans are more likely to buy over the top costs from scalpers just because they want to see the Stones (I don't blame them). If there is a lucky dip at least true fans will be able to get tickets and that will be another couple of hundred tickets that the scalpers will lose or be forced to lower their prices).

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 22, 2014 20:51

True fans already have their tickets. grinning smiley

Date: May 22, 2014 20:53

MingSubu

Noooo we don't MingSubu! sad smiley

Date: May 22, 2014 21:03

Seconded

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: May 22, 2014 21:34

MingSubu

do you mean true fans bought from scalpers?

Date: May 22, 2014 21:45

MartinB
MingSubu

I dunno, was just busting some chops. What is a "true fan" anyways?

I thought everyone who buys from scalpers knows to wait till the last minute, or even after showtime.

Date: May 22, 2014 21:52

MingSubu
MartinB
MingSubu

I thought everyone who buys from scalpers knows to wait till the last minute, or even after showtime.

True fan for me would be someone who loves the Stones and would never buy one (or many) of their tickets to make a profit and deny another fan thumbs upcool smiley

Date: May 23, 2014 12:12

petewasbristol
MingSubu
MartinB
MingSubu

True fan for me would be someone who loves the Stones and would never buy one (or many) of their tickets to make a profit and deny another fan thumbs upcool smiley

Pretty reasonable definition. Unfortunately, there's about 50 billion out there who don't think like you (or me) for that matter !!

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: May 23, 2014 12:54

If I can help.
For those who plan to buy tickets at the venue.
Concerning "Leboncoin" and others similar, take care, take care, and take care.

Language : Be quiet, all the sellers will be able to speak and understand enough english. Mainly if you do not speak too fast (just please stop between each word, well not 5 seconds but a little bit). Well that can be a little bit more complicated with figures, what is thousand, what is hundreed, but at that point you will find the way.

Money : of course you will have to provide the exact change.

Tickets : With e-tickets, it is too easy to make 1 021 598 copies, then as your ticket is revealed non valid, too late, the seller is already back in hong-kong (or anywhere else out of contact). With regular tickets, that could be better, but ...
I remember in Rome in 2007, I had regular tickets (official sale + box office pick up) and 2 guys came to take my seats with similar tickets as mine??? I was unable to make the difference. Well, they did non insist so I suppose that ... How it was possible that they enter the venue with already flashed tickets ?

Well, there was yesterday on the stade de france web site some tixs available (GA and seats...)
Stay tuned (stade de france, carrefour and FNAC) and good luck

Date: May 23, 2014 13:40

Has anyone ever visited one of these patisseries?

Gerard Mulot [www.gerard-mulot.com]
Laduree [fabricantdedouceurs.laduree.com]
Stohrer [www.stohrer.fr]

If not, any recommendations?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-23 15:58 by MingSubu.

Date: May 23, 2014 13:47

MingSubu
Has anyone ever visited one of these patisseries?

Gerard Mulot
Laduree
Stohrer

If not, any recommendations?

Nope, but now you've mentioned it ....... I might do so. In Paris for 11/12/13 June.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2093
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home