Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 29
Re: PARIS France 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 30, 2014 20:35

phd
Capacity of The Stade de France is 80,000 which could be extended to 90,000. Already 75,000 tx have been sold by the agencies. If you go to the Stade de France or Fnac or Carrefour, thèse at least 3 sites are registering in case new tix are released. This means that a few thousands more tickets will be on sale in the few coming weeks.

If you're talking about the grey seats sure, there's more which can be added.

HMN

Posted by: Parisrambler ()
Date: March 30, 2014 20:42

I have Tickets for the grey section already. H5 for 70€. They sold some tickets also for R15 i saw some minutes after all others were gone
chris

Posted by: HaroldJustin ()
Date: March 30, 2014 20:47

odean73
marclaff
Stop your paranoia.
In every big city, you have to be careful, Paris included

thumbs upthumbs up

Being carefull is always good regardless where you are and a little more if in a place unfamiliar, but to be overcautious and carefull can ruin your entire experience. Just Enjoy and have a good time and just be on top of your belongings and information.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 30, 2014 21:36

Parisrambler
I have Tickets for the grey section already. H5 for 70€. They sold some tickets also for R15 i saw some minutes after all others were gone
chris

Yes they popped up when the rest were sold out, hope it's not too frustrating to be there...on the bright side you'll have a nice view of the crowd, should be pretty impressive ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 30, 2014 21:53

After reading all the bad rap about Saint-Denis (some of which I knew already based on my trip last year to see Bruce Springsteen) I decided to book the last available room at the Ibis Saint-Denis Stade Ouest hotel. At least it's close to the stadium. About the closest you can get.

Had to act fast and I will end up paying 100 € more for the two nights than I would pay at the other Ibis (De la Plaine) but that was in the (even) dodgier area southbound from the venue.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-30 22:02 by Topi.

Date: March 30, 2014 23:14

Don´t think of a frustating concert. Had a place like this in Bercy 2003. And a great view of the work behind the scenes... and saw the stones entering the stage before the hole crowd :-) After Berlin standing and before Düsseldorf FOS a relaxing concert with a good overlook of the crowded SDF :-)

Date: March 30, 2014 23:15

gotdablouse
Parisrambler
chris

Yes they popped up when the rest were sold out, hope it's not too frustrating to be there...on the bright side you'll have a nice view of the crowd, should be pretty impressive ;-)

Don´t think of a frustating concert. Had a place like this in Bercy 2003. And a great view of the work behind the scenes... and saw the stones entering the stage before the hole crowd :-) After Berlin standing and before Düsseldorf FOS a relaxing concert with a good overlook of the crowded SDF :-)

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 30, 2014 23:18

There you go, a good mix with these other shows and you'll have the cheapest seat in the house ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 30, 2014 23:21

Man, you guys make Paris sound like Rio. It's not. You have to be a little careful, but mostly for pickpockets (hold on to your wallet and watch out for groups of kids) and "scams", not violent crime. If you are approached by someone you don't know, the best thing to do is just ignore them. I was once approached by someone who said "Paris Metropolitan police, I need to speak to you"; I just kept walking and he said "Halt", and then gave up. I have no idea what his scam might have been.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 31, 2014 00:08

If anyone has info, it would be greatly appreciated.

Clubs for dance/techno and rock n' roll?

Offbeat places to see/things to do. For example, if you really want to get a tase of Paris...?

Record stores for Stones vinyl?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 31, 2014 00:55

Did you know that Jim Morrison is buried in Paris at the Pere Lachaise cemetery, lots of people pay a visit.

Nate

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: March 31, 2014 03:06

Honestman
phd
Capacity of The Stade de France is 80,000 which could be extended to 90,000. Already 75,000 tx have been sold by the agencies. If you go to the Stade de France or Fnac or Carrefour, thèse at least 3 sites are registering in case new tix are released. This means that a few thousands more tickets will be on sale in the few coming weeks.

If you're talking about the grey seats sure, there's more which can be added.

This set up looks basically the same as Springsteen's last summer in terms of where the stage is set up. I believe he was pretty close to a sell out and the attendance was given at 61,867 so I would be surprised if 75,000 have been sold.

Date: March 31, 2014 06:20

drbryant
Man, you guys make Paris sound like Rio. It's not. You have to be a little careful, but mostly for pickpockets (hold on to your wallet and watch out for groups of kids) and "scams", not violent crime. If you are approached by someone you don't know, the best thing to do is just ignore them. I was once approached by someone who said "Paris Metropolitan police, I need to speak to you"; I just kept walking and he said "Halt", and then gave up. I have no idea what his scam might have been.

Thanks. After spending a couple of days last year around SDF (lining up for Springsteen), using the metro from Saint-Denis to downtown and back on many occasions I never felt unsafe. It's just that now that I am familiar with the stadium surroundings I did not want to stay in another block. That's why I switched hotels. Still have an option of choosing between them as the Ibis Ouest did not take any money up front and offers cancellation until the check-in date.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 31, 2014 06:52

Anybody that feels unsafe going or coming from a Stones show shouldn't be attending in the first place! It is NOT family entertainment!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 31, 2014 09:19

DREAMTIME
Anybody that feels unsafe going or coming from a Stones show shouldn't be attending in the first place! It is NOT family entertainment!

True, but I was making the point that Paris is not Rio or other similar true "high crime" cities. You need to be a little careful, but it shouldn't stop you from going.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 31, 2014 10:06

DREAMTIME

Its more than OK to be a Stones fan AND, at the same time, worry about hanging around the wrong area around midnight. I'm going to a Stones concert, not to some 2nd league football match in north England. I can fight if needed, certainly can run very fast (would choose option #2 if I can in a foreign city) AND am accompanied by the Mrs. - whom is not a Stones fan, but rather a Wroclaw fan smiling smiley . I did'nt suffer much bad experience with my VERY intensive visits to many European (and Turkish) cities, but sometimes you take the parallel street than the one where the sea of people walk, and can meet uncomfortable situations. I think this had changed alot since my last visit, but back in the mid 1990's even in central Amsterdam you could have met type of junky petty drug dealers who could act in a threatening way if while ignoring them they thought you were "disrespectful". Thats kind of an experience you would rather avoid by booking for a hotel a block away, if you can know in advance about a place being "uncomfortable".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-31 10:08 by Wroclaw.

Date: March 31, 2014 10:23

Actually now the latest reviews from Tripadvisor regarding the Ibis La Plaine hotel are not that bad =)

I guess will keep both of my options open until the day I really have to decide. The Plaine hotel is closer to the RER station which will help with dragging along luggage. However the Ouest hotel is just 5 mins from the stadium itself, which will be a help on show day (I can go to the washroom at my hotel if need be!)

So it will be one of the Ibises. Will also depend on how big a bag I will need for my Berlin-Paris-Vienna trip.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 31, 2014 10:23

DREAMTIME

The Stones these days is family entertainment.
It's as dangerous as Disney on Ice...and they have ice!

Date: March 31, 2014 10:25

As far as soccer fans go: In Oslo I got strange looks when wearing my Liverpool scarf. The Norwegians seem to take their UK soccer pretty seriously...winking smiley

Date: March 31, 2014 11:32

Nate
Did you know that Jim Morrison is buried in Paris at the Pere Lachaise cemetery, lots of people pay a visit.

Nate

Not a fan of the Doors, but thank you for the idea! Anyone else?

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 31, 2014 12:08

MingSubu
Nate

Nate

Not a fan of the Doors, but thank you for the idea! Anyone else?

Even more impressive: the great Oscar Wilde.

Edith Piaf, Chopin, Rossini, Proust and hundreds of other famous people.

Date: March 31, 2014 13:29

They are in the same place as Morrison?

Thanks BowieStone and Nate!

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: March 31, 2014 16:46

You can find a map at the entrance of Pere Lachaise Cimetery showing you where are the graves of famous people.

But the indication given for Morrison is wrong and nobody's would tell you where is the grave of Jim. The reason is that many excesses where made around his grave and the family of Jim Morisson wants to put an end to this. I went in this cemetery but I could not find the grave of Jim Morrison.

Near one an entrance there is a small shop enterely devoted to Jim Morrison where to buy souvenirs.

The grave of Oscar Wild is easy to find and very popular and very interesting (as it can be for a grave, even if Oscar Wilde was a genious).

And I desesperely looks for a pelouse VIP ticket at 250 euros.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 1, 2014 11:03

Morisson rests in the 6th division of the cemetary. And behave cos there's a CCTV camera filming the premises winking smiley

While you're there don't miss the "Victor Noir" tombstone (quite funny but shhh...) and Allan Kardec's (a famous psychic)... His grave is a like a small Stonehenge.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-01 11:08 by dcba.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: April 1, 2014 11:29

dcba
Morisson rests in the 6th division of the cemetary. And behave cos there's a CCTV camera filming the premises winking smiley

While you're there don't miss the "Victor Noir" tombstone (quite funny but shhh...) and Allan Kardec's (a famous psychic)... His grave is a like a small Stonehenge.

Hail google maps...

Just put in the search field:

Père Lachaise jim

You will get the exact location + pictures from satellite view. Print it / take GPS direction and voila..

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:02

Opening act for Paris is announced, it's Vanessa Paradis & Band. There is a new album coming in May. I expect a nice "Wild 'orses" duet during the Stones' set.

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:06

I hope you're wrong about your duet....

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:10

I hope so, too. I don't like those Wild Horses duets, in fact I don't like most duets at all. "Nice" was irony.

Date: April 1, 2014 15:20

No, it will be Little Bob:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-01 15:21 by Topi.

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:35

I hate all the duets with the Stones, they don't need that. The artists don't, and the Stones definitely don't, in my opinion.

But I think Mr Jagger would love to bring out a cd with all the duets : another new sales-market is born....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1817
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home