Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 29
Re: PARIS France 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:17

shack1
Any advice on Hotels would be appreciated.
The ones in the Saint Denis region are no go according to reviews on Booking.com - you are taking your life into your hands out and about in the dark around this region.

Has to be handy for the RER back up to CDG airport and could do with some drinking establishments nearby.
I dont ask for much grinning smiley

Same for me.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:38

Yeah too bad that the hotels near the stadium are probably gone already (and the ones in the center of Saint Denis are a bit suspect). I booked mine when the Paris Match rumor of "mid-June" started to fly around. Fixed the dates when Francis Zegut told the date.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 16:38 by Topi.

Posted by: chsch ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:42

Anyone with a spare ticket "Pelouse VIP" and (maybe) interested in / looking for Zurich Front of Stage please contact me.

Cheers

Posted by: thorgal34 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:50

Anyone from France? I need infos about "Maison Hôtel des 5 Silences" - it's close to SDF and it's not expensive. Need it just for few hours of sleepingsmiling smiley

Posted by: shack1 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:55

thorgal34
Anyone from France? I need infos about "Maison Hôtel des 5 Silences" - it's close to SDF and it's not expensive. Need it just for few hours of sleepingsmiling smiley

Have you checked the reviews on booking.com ?

It looks like it's in a bit of a hell-hole.

Posted by: thorgal34 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:59

Shack1 - i need no mariott, after show i can even lay down myself under the sky, but this place can be good for few hours and it's quiet near :-)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:10

shack1

How about the 'ibis budget Paris La Villette' (formerly ETAP) or the 'Ibis Paris La Villette Cité des Sciences Hotel'? It's only a few Metro stations from Gare du Nord and the RER.

Otherwise: [www.hotels.com] , [www.hrs.com] , [www.accorhotels.com] , [www.budgetplaces.com] .....

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:12

There was another wave of tickets just 5 minutes ago (France Billet, FNAC), mostly CAT2, but also Carre Or. Nothing interesting for me as i'm only looking for Pelouse VIP. But keep looking at the websites

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:29

I know it's easy to tell when you already got your tickets, but for those who are still waitin' for, keep cool,and wait, let the sharks on Ebay be scared to do not sell the tickets they got this morning, if they saw it doesn't work that fine they will downgrade the money they ask for.

HMN

Date: March 28, 2014 17:39

Irix
shack1

How about the 'ibis budget Paris La Villette' (formerly ETAP) or the 'Ibis Paris La Villette Cité des Sciences Hotel'? It's only a few Metro stations from Gare du Nord and the RER.

Otherwise: [www.hotels.com] , [www.hrs.com] , [www.accorhotels.com] , [www.budgetplaces.com] .....

Many Thanks for these recommendations Irix I'll look into them.
It would be good to be staying at the same place as some other Stones fans.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:39

zemat
For your information, THIS IS illegal in France to sell tickets above their face value since a "Décret" (government decision) dated 2012 I think.
This explains why the "tickets selling" on the French ebay has almost disappeared.
However, this is not as tighlty controled as it should be, and you can still find some either on ebay or on the "Bon Coin" (French "Craig´s list"). But you can make the ads disappear on each site through the report button (it works, I made dozens of such ads erased for last year Bruce Springsteen SDF concert).
Regarding Viagogo the site is not based in France and therefore cannot be controled like that.

Today the tickets were sold by this ass****s in only few minutes.
It's impossible to report this illegal sale so quickly.

I've still in my browser history the eBay page.
The same guy with at least 2 accounts sold at least 12 Pelouse VIP tickets in few minutes.
How did he get so easily so much tickets ? (I've checked his 100% feedback, he did the same thing for each big last music shows in France).
An easy way to make some bucks with or without some laws.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 17:47 by Massimo68.

Posted by: zemat ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:55

A few years ago I saw a news report on French TV about "professional" scalpers : the interviewed guy told that he employed people to get hot tickets when they are on sale with multiple legit credit cards numbers, and sell them thereafter on ebay.
I think that this is this kind of news report that made the current law happen in France, but you now that French people are the best for trying to evade the law when they can...

Posted by: Edith_Grove ()
Date: March 28, 2014 18:33

15 minutes ago still some tickets on stadedefrance.com ... cat or, cat 1 and so on...

Crazy business

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 28, 2014 18:48

To be fair, it's not just France. My experience is limited but every Stones gig I've been to in UK in recent years has supposedly been 'sold out' within minutes and yet not only has it been possible to get tickets pretty much on the day, usually there are even empty seats. The only exception was Glasto.

Posted by: victorinho ()
Date: March 28, 2014 19:11

hi!

actually is possible to buy tickets this afternoon or is sold out ?

thanks

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 28, 2014 19:14

odean73
shack1
The ones in the Saint Denis region are no go according to reviews on Booking.com - you are taking your life into your hands out and about in the dark around this region.

Has to be handy for the RER back up to CDG airport and could do with some drinking establishments nearby.

Same for me.

I thought this hotel was ideal. Close to train stations.

I cancelled my hotel in Saint Denis after I read about the neighborhood: wasn't planning a 2 km walk after midnight anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 19:18 by BowieStone.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: March 28, 2014 19:22

"thought this hotel was ideal. Close to train stations."

Yes a good one and perfectly situated

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 28, 2014 19:35

I´will stay here:

Campanile Paris ~ Saint-Denis Quai-De-St Ouen

[www.booking.com]

1,5 km distance.

You just frightened me with your "St. denis at night" stuff.

Now I changed to Appia La Fayette. See you there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 20:04 by TooTough.

Date: March 28, 2014 19:44

BowieStone
odean73
shack1

Same for me.

I thought this hotel was ideal. Close to train stations.

I cancelled my hotel in Saint Denis after I read about the neighborhood: wasn't planning a 2 km walk after midnight anymore.

I'm in. Many thanks for this suggestion. Perfect >grinning smiley<

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: March 28, 2014 20:02

I stayed at Suite Novotel Paris Porte de la Chapelle in 2007, it is within walking distance from Stade de France. I would not walk that distance on a normal night, but after the concert there were other people walking the same direction so I felt quite safe. Passed some bars on the way too. But I was glad when I reached the hotel. The room itself was ok and soundproof, but the only reason to stay there is for the concert. The hotel lies close to the metro station Porte de la Chapelle, and this seems to be where the dodgy area begins. It is also within walking distance to Gare de Nord

Posted by: Anastasia60 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 20:34

Well, I gave in - got the Gold Hot Seat Package from Eventim-- no viagogo for me!

Still tired after trying ticknet.fr and fnac from 2 am to 4 am this morning smiling smiley

See you all in Paris! (oh, and Zurich and Dusseldorf -- should be a good run!)

For Hotels - the convenience of the RER and Metro make pretty much any location fairly easy to get to and from SDF....

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 20:56

Congrats.

It's hard work these days trying to obtain a ticket.

To be honest I am now thinking that evintim might have been the best option for me.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 28, 2014 21:00

Re tickets for all Stones dates, check out slotix.com. Heavy-rollers buy there for the best seats but if you send an email explaining that you are a true fan and wonder what advice they can give, you may get lucky re something affordable.

Re Paris hotels, one I have stayed at many times, near good Metro and train is
Hotel Perreyeve on Rue Madame, next to Luxembourg Gardens in the 6th.
Clean,great staff, fine area. If you reserve early, you may be able to get single or double for around $100 a night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 21:03 by stonesrule.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 21:13

How is the Ibis Saint Denis de Stade? I have read the other comments on here about the Saint Denis area, but it was said to be really close to the stadium?

Posted by: joelle ()
Date: March 28, 2014 21:19

Some people are even starting to sell their tickets at 300€ each (Cat. 2 seats...)

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 28, 2014 21:38

drbryant, any hotel recs for Paris?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 28, 2014 22:51

Ibis Saint Denis Stade Sud and Ibis Saint Denis de La Plaine are both very close to the stadium. I am staying at the latter.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 29, 2014 00:41

joelle
Some people are even starting to sell their tickets at 300€ each (Cat. 2 seats...)

How about €3000 for 4xCarre Or seats on LBC? Disgusting, actually I reported that sale as it's illegal to resale above face value in France and LBC take these reports seriously. Yeah, it's not cool to report people, but people like that are scum and for each one of them there's a real fan out there without a ticket.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-29 00:57 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 29, 2014 01:31

BTW - with all scary reports and warnings as to hanging around the SDF in the wrong part of the day - I do not know if it was mentioned here, BUT, the Cathedral of St. Denis - some 1000 meters to the North, is one of Paris sites one must visit if you have the time (and many tourists do not bother to make the uncomfortable long journey when staying in the city). Most French monarchs rested there and the art work of the their tombs is often remarkable and tell the story of Middle Ages France in a great way. The surroundings are rather unwelcoming, but the Cathedral is really worth a visit.

BTW#2 - since the day after the gig, first thing in the morning, I take a train to Koln Germany (Gare de Nord) may take the opportunity asking: if my hotel is 200-300 meters from Gare de Nord/Est and I arrive there from SDF at about past midnight, with the Mrs. - is it OK to walk quickly to our hotel from the Metro or would you recommend to stay in another place even if it means that in the morning we have to spend time getting to the train station?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-29 01:33 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 29, 2014 09:43

Below one of those bastard
Face value X 10 but free shipping !

HMN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home