Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 29
Re: PARIS France 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: March 26, 2014 16:55

the fnac site has been edited, no more plan and categories...

16.00: plan is back !!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-26 17:00 by rubyT.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 26, 2014 18:03

I was wondering what people here think about staying in the Gare du Nord area? I think I might try for tickets for Paris and am looking at staying around Gare du Nord but a few people I know have said it's a bit dodgy round there. Are they being over-cautious?

I'm also not sure if I'm worrying needlessly about getting the last train/metro from Stade de France. I assume people attending events there do manage to make it?

Posted by: joelle ()
Date: March 26, 2014 18:11

You can also use line 13 by metro to go to SDF and come back to Paris.
This line serves St Lazare or Miromesnil metro stations where the neighbourhood is less dodgy.

Date: March 26, 2014 18:18

joelle
You can also use line 13 by metro to go to SDF and come back to Paris.
This line serves St Lazare or Miromesnil metro stations where the neighbourhood is less dodgy.

Joelle - thank you! That's helpful information. I'd take a look at hotels in those areas (am on a budget but may be going on my own so think I'd prefer somewhere considered a bit safer).

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 26, 2014 18:23

MarthaTuesday
I was wondering what people here think about staying in the Gare du Nord area?

It can be described as "poor" and coloured, but certainly not as dangerous.
If you wander there at 3 a.m. in full "tourist" mode things might happen but in daytime or in the evening there's no risk.
You'll face a far greater risk wandering around the SDF once the show is over. This 'hood is bad.

If you stay in the Gare du Nord area pick your hotel carefully. I've heard there are some pretty rotten places there (old dirty you name it).

MarthaTuesday
I'm also not sure if I'm worrying needlessly about getting the last train/metro from Stade de France. I assume people attending events there do manage to make it?

Last train usually goes at 00:30 so that's long after the scheduled gig end (11:30 max?)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-26 18:26 by dcba.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 26, 2014 18:37

when will the tickes go on sale?

Date: March 26, 2014 18:45

dcba
It can be described as "poor" and coloured, but certainly not as dangerous.
If you wander there at 3 a.m. in full "tourist" mode things might happen but in daytime or in the evening there's no risk.
You'll face a far greater risk wandering around the SDF once the show is over. This 'hood is bad.

If you stay in the Gare du Nord area pick your hotel carefully. I've heard there are some pretty rotten places there (old dirty you name it).

Last train usually goes at 00:30 so that's long after the scheduled gig end (11:30 max?)

Thank you! Really appreciate tips and advice. I'm not planning on being out at 3am....And don't think I'll be obviously a tourist (unless wearing a Stones top counts...). I'll look at the area's Joelle suggested but also consider Gare du Nord.

Yes, I heard Stade de France area isn't great! But I'd prefer central Paris anyway as I want to take in a few sights whilst there.

Posted by: zemat ()
Date: March 26, 2014 18:56

It's been several years that I go through the line 13 of the metro to go to the SDF, as the line B of the RER is really full when the gig is over. However the walk is 5 minutes longer than for the RER which is nearer, but this depends on your situation in the SDF (front is best for the metro, back for the RER).
Anyway, my advice is to hurry leaving the stadium once the show is over, otherwise you might have to wait a bit...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 26, 2014 18:56

Anybody else staying at Hotel Ibis Saint-Denis de La Plaine?

It's just a Stones throw off the stadium.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 26, 2014 19:33

Topi

Depends if i get GC tickets.
jeroen

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: March 26, 2014 21:05

Pelouse OR will be 150 euros (+charges) but Idon't know if there will be a VIP pelouse ...

François

Date: March 26, 2014 21:26

[rockerparis.blogspot.fi]

Rockerparis has this info:

SEATING: 4 CATEGORIES

CARRE OR - 150E
CAT 1 - 129.10E
CAT 2 - 107.10E
CAT 3 - 89.50E

-STANDING: 3 CATEGORIES

CAT 1 PELOUSE VIP - 111.50E
CAT 2 PELOUSE OR - 95E
CAT 3 PELOUSE - 78.50E

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: March 26, 2014 21:37

Topi
[rockerparis.blogspot.fi]

Rockerparis has this info:

SEATING: 4 CATEGORIES

CARRE OR - 150E
CAT 1 - 129.10E
CAT 2 - 107.10E
CAT 3 - 89.50E

-STANDING: 3 CATEGORIES

CAT 2 PELOUSE OR - 95E
CAT 3 PELOUSE - 78.50E

thumbs up

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 26, 2014 21:42

And only 2500 tickets for pelouse VIP as I understand from the Rockerparis Facebook page

Date: March 26, 2014 21:54

Actually on the Rockerparis FB page they quote IORR...

Posted by: joelle ()
Date: March 26, 2014 22:22

Topi
Actually on the Rockerparis FB page they quote IORR...

:-) :-) :-)

Date: March 26, 2014 22:27

I'm just trying to understand where is the best place to be. I'd assumed Pelouse VIP would be best, but usually the most expensive tickets are for the best positions? Which seems to be Carre Or. Or are both good positions?

Posted by: WilcoMick ()
Date: March 26, 2014 22:43

MarthaTuesday
I'm just trying to understand where is the best place to be. I'd assumed Pelouse VIP would be best, but usually the most expensive tickets are for the best positions? Which seems to be Carre Or. Or are both good positions?

I would go for pelouse VIP, it gets you closer! You can go as close to the stage as possible or go a little more in the back, get a wristband, walk around a bit, get a few drinks, relax and enjoy the show.

Wilco

Date: March 26, 2014 22:52

WilcoMick
MarthaTuesday

I would go for pelouse VIP, it gets you closer! You can go as close to the stage as possible or go a little more in the back, get a wristband, walk around a bit, get a few drinks, relax and enjoy the show.

Wilco

Thanks. Pelouse VIP sounds like it could be really good .. and no doubt I won't manage to get a ticket before they sell out! grinning smiley I'll give it a try though.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 26, 2014 23:16

Sorry if this was asked already:

I remember seeing the SDF from the RER train going from CDG to Paris - I want to stay at an airport hotel - I arrive the night before at 9PM, depart Saturday about 7PM... so I guess Airport hotel would be the best. Would it be possible to get in a safe was from SDF to the airport after the show? ratp.fr website English version is killing me, but I think I see RER trains till after midnight? do you think thats a reasonable journey? I do not mind the distance... after HP I went back to my hotel in Luton, so travel time doesnt frighten me. Thks.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 26, 2014 23:37

If you want a nice hotel in Paris and your on a budget why not check out the four seasons hotel, it comes in at about 2 grand a night lol hahaha

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 26, 2014 23:43

Nate
If you want a nice hotel in Paris and your on a budget why not check out the four seasons hotel, it comes in at about 2 grand a night lol hahaha

20 people to pitch in, ain't so bad. grinning smiley I get the closet and first shower!!!

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 26, 2014 23:58

Nate

I met once during ski a person who admitted of being a Cataphile. Maybe getting instructions to the whereabouts of one of the secret entrances might solve the overnight problem for many IORRians that are non Parisians. After all the beer and wine - do not think people would mind the spooky company.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 27, 2014 04:39

Topi

i have one night booked there for back-up...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 27, 2014 05:59

It is not necessary to worry about transportation after the show in Paris. There is a long line of people after the show, but it's orderly and well-organized and eventually, everyone gets home. I wouldn't stay near the Stadium for that reason.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 27, 2014 06:49

I love Paris and any reason to go there. In 2007 I deliberately stayed near Luxembourg Gardens in the 6th Arrondissement so I could take the Metro to the Stade de France,figuring that it would be loaded with Stones fans and really fun. And it was! Met some great people..all ages. Probably a 25 minute ride each way.

As DrBryant mentioned the line after the show moves in good fashion. You're likely to be back in Paris in little more than an hour after you leave your Stones seat.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 27, 2014 08:50

MarthaTuesday
WilcoMick
MarthaTuesday

Wilco

Thanks. Pelouse VIP sounds like it could be really good .. and no doubt I won't manage to get a ticket before they sell out! grinning smiley I'll give it a try though.

Absolutely !!

Try and try and try again ........ keep the faith. Good luck (to us all)

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: March 27, 2014 09:56

Carre OR will be the best seats.

The French discussion forum thinks that they just changed the descriptions:

Je remets ce que j'ai posté hier :

CAT 1 PELOUSE OR - 111.50E
CAT 2 PELOUSE - 95E
CAT 3 PELOUSE - 78.50E

Et là, on se retrouve avec ça :

CAT 2 PELOUSE OR - 95E
CAT 3 PELOUSE - 78.50E

Donc...

La PELOUSE OR devient la PELOUSE VIP
La PELOUSE CAT 2 devient la PELOUSE OR
La PELOUSE CAT 3 reste la PELOUSE

Meaning that what previously was called PELOUSE OR, the first category, is now PELOUSE VIP. Would run 111,50 € (plus expenses?) And so on and so forth.

This is just one interpretation but it's the French site's admin that posted it.

See [the-rolling-stones.forumactif.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-27 09:56 by Topi.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 27, 2014 11:14

Thanks.

The prices seem reasonable and cheap compared to other venues thou imho.

Posted by: waaghals ()
Date: March 27, 2014 11:18

Are all tickets for SDF e-tickets?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1852
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home