Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 43
Re: BERLIN travel info + Weather
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 3, 2014 15:41

open-g
Weather Forecast just in.

Before and after show day, everything is fine but ...

It's gonna be darn hot on Tuesday. 31°C hot smiley yikes!

[www.wetteronline.de]

The fact is, that nobody knows this soon. At yr.no, which is relatively reliable it says right now - sunny, max. 27°C. This morning it said it would be really heavy rain during the whole day. Yesterday it said that it would be sunny, max 22°C. So you can choose.

Re: BERLIN Germany 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 3, 2014 15:46

Maybe we will have a little thunderstorm in between - like in Paris 1995(?).

I hope not...

Re: BERLIN travel info + Weather
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 3, 2014 16:15

Happy24
open-g
Weather Forecast just in.

Before and after show day, everything is fine but ...

It's gonna be darn hot on Tuesday. 31°C hot smiley yikes!

[www.wetteronline.de]

The fact is, that nobody knows this soon. At yr.no, which is relatively reliable it says right now - sunny, max. 27°C. This morning it said it would be really heavy rain during the whole day. Yesterday it said that it would be sunny, max 22°C. So you can choose.

True dat. the weather forecast isn't written in stone.
That's why it's called Weather Trend.

but on show day you can expect a shower of bastards. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 3, 2014 17:38

Still some tickets on ebay for good prices. Some tix with high prices were not sold - maybe we see them at the venue...

[www.ebay.de]

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: June 3, 2014 17:42

I bought my for 278 euro berlin standing ticket. for me the price is ok, some weeks ago they sale tickets for 400 euro up in ebay. its not possible for me to wait more time for cheaper price because i have to arrange the flight and hotel as well.
I think berlin will be the best of the european leg because of the small venue, the only thing i am worried is the curfew, i hope they dont cut the setlist to 15 songs or something.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 3, 2014 22:58

If they do, there'll be an re-enactment of the 1965 riot at the same venue!

I think theyll play a normal length set. If time constraints were an issue they wouldnt have added a support band or they would have changed to an earlier start time.

Now - what about the pre-show meeting places? I thought you Germans were supposed to be famous for your efficiency and organisation. You have a reputation to live up to!

Date: June 3, 2014 23:09

i am comming from vienna! i have no idea about berlin :-)

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 4, 2014 10:08

The official Waldbühne page is saying that max one 0,5 liter water bottle/TetraPak per person is allowed inside. So good luck to us all in that heat. Foreca says +28 C and sunny.

[www.waldbuehne-berlin.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-04 10:12 by Topi.

Date: June 4, 2014 10:22

BTW, I will be staying at Concorde Hotel Am Studio, 2 U-bahn stops away from the Olympic Stadium. Anyone else there?

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 4, 2014 11:54

Gazza

I think theyll play a normal length set. If time constraints were an issue they wouldnt have added a support band or they would have changed to an earlier start time.

Now - what about the pre-show meeting places? I thought you Germans were supposed to be famous for your efficiency and organisation. You have a reputation to live up to!

Well? Anyone local know of a good meet up place?

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: June 4, 2014 14:18

6 more sleeps flairville!!!!!!!!
Yeah where is everyone meeting before and after show???

John Nicholls

Date: June 4, 2014 14:33

flairville
Gazza

Well? Anyone local know of a good meet up place?

How about this one? Nothing special but it is very near by the venue.
Actually it's directly next to S-Bahn station Pichelsberg. it probably will get crowded.
I'm kinda desperate to be near by since I still need to score a ticket.

"Pichelsberger Krug"
Schirwindter Allee 24
14055 Berlin
Tel: (030) 3043840

[www.google.de]

PS.: Everyone who already has a concert ticket at hand is entitled to free use of public transportation (BVG, U-Bahn, S-Bahn, Busses and Tram) two hours prior to doors opening.
that would be from 15:00h to 03:00h at night.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-04 14:46 by open-g.

Date: June 4, 2014 15:46

How about meeting simply in front of the venue at...I don't know...4 p.m.? Let's wait together and let's be together inside too. Well, divided into sectors :-) Since I haven't met nearly anyone from here yet, getting to know other IORR members would make the waiting quite pleasant, I guess.

Date: June 4, 2014 17:04

Happy24
How about meeting simply in front of the venue at...I don't know...4 p.m.? Let's wait together and let's be together inside too. Well, divided into sectors :-) Since I haven't met nearly anyone from here yet, getting to know other IORR members would make the waiting quite pleasant, I guess.

Actually both are do-able and aren't far apart.
say 2:30 pm at Pichelsberger Krug when it mignt not be as busy, then move to the front of the venue and box offices at around 4p.m.
doors open 5p.m.

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: June 5, 2014 01:28

Received an email from DEAG today with all the details for lucky dip ticket collection including map, etc. 5pm and strictly no earlier for collection & must enter venue immediately. Okay by me. They want no chance of scalpers only Stones fans. I think I qualify as I'm flying in from the UK especially for this great show. My balls are tingling....>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 5, 2014 02:03

Man there's still gonna be a lot of daylight when they hit the stage cool smiley

Date: June 5, 2014 02:09

Hey man, it's Summer we're not vampires. It's gonna be a great show Bastion I can feel it (with Ray Bans on) winking smiley

Date: June 5, 2014 02:11

Crazyhorse
Received an email from DEAG today with all the details for lucky dip ticket collection including map, etc. 5pm and strictly no earlier for collection & must enter venue immediately. Okay by me. They want no chance of scalpers only Stones fans. I think I qualify as I'm flying in from the UK especially for this great show. My balls are tingling....>grinning smiley<

You got a lucky dick ticket? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 5, 2014 02:18

Absolutely open-g it's been lucky for me sometimes even though I have two x wives drinking smiley Too much info

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 5, 2014 02:42

open-g
Happy24

say 2:30 pm at Pichelsberger Krug when it mignt not be as busy, then move to the front of the venue and box offices at around 4p.m.
doors open 5p.m.

Some people might want to go earlier or later. Thats their call, of course.

Sounds ok to me, although do you think that bar looks a bit small?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 5, 2014 05:58

open-g
Happy24

doors open 5p.m.

Sounds good to me, open-g, or maybe even earlier at the bar for anyone who can.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-05 06:00 by angee.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: June 5, 2014 06:21

I asked the Waldbuhne on their Facebook page about the camera policy for the Stones, specifically, and they are still saying no photos, or audio or video recordings and it will be policed and enforced. They can't literally take away 18,000 cell phones though of people you know will be using them for pictures and/or videos. I'm not going to be without my phone.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: June 5, 2014 09:45

Crazyhorse
Hey man, it's Summer we're not vampires.

Says who?!
After sunset in the middle of a wood dinner's ready. It's gonna be a feast...hahaha

Date: June 5, 2014 10:30

Amy340
I asked the Waldbuhne on their Facebook page about the camera policy for the Stones, specifically, and they are still saying no photos, or audio or video recordings and it will be policed and enforced. They can't literally take away 18,000 cell phones though of people you know will be using them for pictures and/or videos. I'm not going to be without my phone.

And what did you expect them to answer? They have it in general rules of the venue, valid for each and every concert, probably for legal reasons. So one can not expect them to confirm officially that they don't really care, that the general rules are there for fun. They HAD to answer like that. Just check youtube how many videos are there from concerts at Waldbuhne. The same rules were valid during all of those.

And even in those rules it doesn't say that cameras are not allowed inside. It says that it is forbidden to take pictures and make audio or video recording and that doing so might lead to eviction from the venue.

On the Waldbuhne webb page there are instructions specifically about the Stones' concert, listing what is not allowed inside. No words about cameras. The same is on tickets.

If they really intended to make any special enforcement in that regard for this specific concert, they would probably mention it together with the 0,5l of water per person "policy." Which is quite generous by the way, it is often forbidden to take any liquids to such venues.

So, of course, at the gates you can run into some security idiot, who will take pleasure in making problems, but unless you do and unless you would be recording all the time under the nose of the security, I doubt there would be any problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-05 10:32 by Happy24.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 5, 2014 10:55

Happy24

And what did you expect them to answer?

Maybe a similar regulation as in Hyde Park 2013 - cell phones and pocket cameras: yes, DSLR as well as professional equipment: no.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-05 11:15 by Irix.

Posted by: rollingmike ()
Date: June 5, 2014 11:11

As far as I remember, DSLRs were allowed in HP. However only with lenses up to 6 inch. A guy beside me got massive Nikon and it was just in front of staff' field.

Date: June 5, 2014 11:19

Yes Irix, that is how it works at 99% concerts and it is most likely the same for Berlin. Unfortunately the way they phrase it in their general rules is really rather general. But again, it says it is forbiden to tak pictures etc., not that cameras are not allowed inside. That is a big difference. Of course, it is a different thing to argue with a security guy at the gate. He most like won't be a lawyer :-)

There are some concerts where all cameras are forbidden, usually it is a speciffic demand of the artist. I think it was the case with Bob Dylan, I am not sure if he still insists on this. But even in this case they NEVER take away from you a regulal cell phone. The only time I have heard about such thing was I think in bv's report from the first secret club gig of The Rolling Stones in 2012. But there were 600 people inside.

Date: June 5, 2014 11:22

I will try to get there in the morning in hopes to get a good spot (got a standing ticket). Figure to be at the venue around 10 AM at the latest. I know there will probably be people much earlier than that (even camping out, or is it allowed?) but I've got the Aerosmith concert the night before and will be in needing some sleep too. (My flight from Helsinki on Monday morning leaves at 7:15, meaning I will have to be at the airport at around 5:30!)

So unfortunately I won't be able to join a pre-show meeting. Hoping to see you guys inside the venue at the latest, then!

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 5, 2014 16:00

Topi
I will try to get there in the morning in hopes to get a good spot (got a standing ticket). Figure to be at the venue around 10 AM at the latest. I know there will probably be people much earlier than that (even camping out, or is it allowed?) but I've got the Aerosmith concert the night before and will be in needing some sleep too. (My flight from Helsinki on Monday morning leaves at 7:15, meaning I will have to be at the airport at around 5:30!)

So unfortunately I won't be able to join a pre-show meeting. Hoping to see you guys inside the venue at the latest, then!

Topi - I guess you know Waldbühne.
If not: You are very lucky, the standing area, ( "Innenraum"), is very tiny.
Which means you don´t have to show up nessescary in the morning to stand and see good at the show.
You even will have a fanstastic close place when you just can make it to let´s say gates open time 17.00
Have a look the little round FOS - that's your playground :-) :
[www.tour-blog.de]-

Date: June 5, 2014 18:18

hi, will the upgrade the stage with something like walkway or the tongue thing or will it be like this?.
i expect waldbühne is all about the music and vienna for the show!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 43

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1440
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home