Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 43
Re: BERLIN Germany 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: May 29, 2014 18:10

Where can we go for an after STONES show in Berlin ?

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 29, 2014 20:12

jhrock83

Great question.

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: May 30, 2014 01:51

I have to catch a ten am flight the next day but that won't stop me celebrating with good people. Would be great to meet as many iorr folks as possible. Please post a venue central for us all to keep rocking....

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: May 30, 2014 03:33

Pan Am Lounge could be great

Posted by: hirschjaeger ()
Date: May 30, 2014 03:59

travel info i dont know but i know already the boring set list, why not changing a lot like the other big bands does it for example springsteen

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 30, 2014 09:26

hirschjaeger
travel info i dont know but i know already the boring set list, why not changing a lot like the other big bands does it for example springsteen

Oh yea, "springsteen" is a great band confused smiley

I am truly sick of people still moaning about the setlist. The Stones NEVER changed setlists dramatically. If those complainers would be flashed back to 1969, they would have to complain about the setlist still the same. There are bands (i.e. Pearl Jam) and musicians (i.e. Sprigsteen) that do change it a lot. Others don't. What is wrong with it?

What is the point of posts like "What a boring setlist, they didn't play We Love You" We get more than 2 hours of great show, great music. Way longer than they played 40 years ago. Yet all that matters to some people is one particular song. If they would play it, it would be a great show, no matter what. If they don't play it, it is "boring" no matter what. Those posts are really boring. More than anything else.

Date: May 30, 2014 21:37

All I want is to see this one more time. Priceless.

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: May 30, 2014 21:47

Happy24
hirschjaeger

Oh yea, "springsteen" is a great band confused smiley

I am truly sick of people still moaning about the setlist. The Stones NEVER changed setlists dramatically. If those complainers would be flashed back to 1969, they would have to complain about the setlist still the same. There are bands (i.e. Pearl Jam) and musicians (i.e. Sprigsteen) that do change it a lot. Others don't. What is wrong with it?

What is the point of posts like "What a boring setlist, they didn't play We Love You" We get more than 2 hours of great show, great music. Way longer than they played 40 years ago. Yet all that matters to some people is one particular song. If they would play it, it would be a great show, no matter what. If they don't play it, it is "boring" no matter what. Those posts are really boring. More than anything else.

Very well said.... I absolutely agree with you!!!

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: May 31, 2014 03:26

Just read that cameras aren't allowed inside and taking any photos could lead to "expulsion from the venue" sad smiley

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: May 31, 2014 04:45

I read that also and worried about even trying to sneak my camera in. I will have my phone, they can't possibly take thousands of cell phones away as you know that's how people will be taking pictures.

Date: May 31, 2014 07:49

Amy340
I read that also and worried about even trying to sneak my camera in. I will have my phone, they can't possibly take thousands of cell phones away as you know that's how people will be taking pictures.

95' Hockenheim, they took my disposable camera right at the gate period

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 31, 2014 09:34

Bastion
Just read that cameras aren't allowed inside and taking any photos could lead to "expulsion from the venue" sad smiley

That nearly always means professional cameras or those with detachable lenses. Point-and-shoots or cell phone cameras are usually fine. It's unusual to say NO photos can be taken, but it's impossible for a venue like that to confiscate everybody's cell phones, so I think they have to be realistic about it.

Date: May 31, 2014 09:36

I thought so too but they took it - a disposable camera - I couldn't believe it but the warning signs were up.

Date: May 31, 2014 10:07

Really? (I've never been to a show in Germany, so am just going by the US, UK and France.) What about cell phones? I mean, people need those for totally legit reasons--I wouldn't feel safe in an unfamiliar city without mine, though I'd promise to leave it in my purse and not text and take pics all through the show.

Date: May 31, 2014 10:29

Um, I don't think a promise would work. As much as I can remember, 1995, Hockenheim had signs up - no cameras - and this was a race track with 40K people. Rent a locker at the choo choo station. The only thing I'm taking is a ticket and cash for wine and beer. Don't want to give bad info but ask others.

Date: May 31, 2014 10:40

I was joking about the promise. grinning smiley But seriously, 1995 was nearly 20 years ago, and the whole situation regarding cell phones is different these days. They didn't take photographs in 1995 (most people didn't even own one, in any case), so "no cameras" then didn't include phones.

Both in the US and UK I've been to many events that were very big on the no cameras thing, which is fair enough, but only one in a small venue ever included phones.

Date: May 31, 2014 11:00

A note about cameras may be on the ticket. I'm not taking any chances.

Date: May 31, 2014 11:04

I don't blame you. But I'm also leery about having no means of communication in a city where I don't speak (very well) the language, so for my own safety I'm going to take the risk. Thanks for the info, anyway!

Date: May 31, 2014 11:10

Thanks for reminding me. That was 20 years ago.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 31, 2014 11:40

Should be fine as I will have my phone with me for safety as well. smileys with beer

Date: May 31, 2014 13:51

Bastion

Where did you read it?

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: May 31, 2014 13:59

I'll have my phone, definitely, but worry about risking my camera, which isn't professional. I took pics at every show I was at last year but also the only thing said then was no professional cameras. I was at the Berlin Olympiastadion show in 1998 and took disposable camera pics from the front row of the b-stage with security right there and they didn't say anything. They have to realize cell phone pics, and videos will be taken.

Date: May 31, 2014 14:32

I wonder where this "no camera" info is from. I just checked my ticket (from TM) and it says what is not allowed, but it says nothing about cameras. Also nothing on Waldbuhne, Bild, Rolling Stones or any other related webb page. It is most likely like anywhere else - that professiona equipment is not allowed. Of course, it migh be different, I can imagine they want to film the show...but it was no problem at all other recently filmed shows, so why sould it be a problem here? Again, it would be good to know where this "I read" info comes from.

Date: May 31, 2014 15:07

Happy24
I wonder where this "no camera" info is from. I just checked my ticket (from TM) and it says what is not allowed, but it says nothing about cameras. Also nothing on Waldbuhne, Bild, Rolling Stones or any other related webb page. It is most likely like anywhere else - that professiona equipment is not allowed. Of course, it migh be different, I can imagine they want to film the show...but it was no problem at all other recently filmed shows, so why sould it be a problem here? Again, it would be good to know where this "I read" info comes from.

I read it on the official Waldbuhne site under the FAQ section:

[www.waldbuehne-berlin.de]

"Image, video and sound recordings of events are all prohibited in the forest stage . Compliance with these rules is monitored by security staff . A breach of this can lead to expulsion from the event by the stewards ."

Date: May 31, 2014 15:10

It was just a heads up for people that usually bring their camera's to shows, I really don't think they're strict enough to disallow taking the occasional photo with phones.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 31, 2014 15:13

jhrock83

what about it before it?

Has anyone sounded out a bar/restaurant yet?

I think this was the place we met up before the show at the Olympic Stadium in 2006

[westend-klause.de]

Maybe some of you who live in or around Berlin can organise or suggest something?

I'm staying near Savignyplatz and I was past that area on holiday a few weeks ago and there seems to be plenty of bars and restaurants in the area. Its quite central (Between Zoostation and Ku'damm) and is about six stops on the u-bahn to the venue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-31 15:18 by Gazza.

Date: May 31, 2014 16:26

Gazza
I think this was the place we met up before the show at the Olympic Stadium in 2006

And you enjoyed their meal, so you want to go there again, right? smiling smiley

Posted by: ddouven ()
Date: May 31, 2014 18:02

I've got 4 tickets section F you can contact me at dennis.douven@ziggo.nl

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 31, 2014 19:53

Happy24
Gazza

And you enjoyed their meal, so you want to go there again, right? smiling smiley

Haha...I waited hours. Eventually the guy just handed me a baguette to shut me up.

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: May 31, 2014 21:06

Hmmm wonder if there heavy on the cameras because the Stones are filming the show for possible release??? I guess, if I'm honest, I don't care as long as the rain stays away & the show is rocking. Would still very much like to meet some fellow iorr folks and say hello if a venue is arranged after show

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 43

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home